CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I looked for it everywhere after I saw it on TV last night, but I couldn't find it online.:( Maybe today it'll be up? I can't believe how excited I suddenly am, but all these season-premiere promos have me feeling like I'm in the audience waiting for a concert to start :lol:

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

YES! i thought it was sacrilegious what they did to that song, it just sounds awful. i don't mind the separation so much but the song - noooo. i used to listen to the credits and sing along (being a big who fan i feel it's my duty) but now i have to fast forward them because it annoys me so much. i wonder what pete townshend thought of it - it must piss him right off!:lol:

3. Swede85

Swede85 Dead on Arrival

I went to YouTube, but no luck there :( Some friendly soul might upload it this week
    Know what you mean ;) :D I don't think I ever have been looking forward to a new season this much before

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Maybe I'm biased because Danny is my favorite character and because I love oh-so-dramatic Danny, but I can't hold Lindsay's involvement in Danny's storyline as a reason not to be excited about the story. She'll be there, but the one big spoiler we've gotten about Danny struggling involves Hawkes, not Lindsay. To me this yet again suggests an awareness of Anna's failings when it comes to portraying convincing emotions, and an attempt to put someone in there--ie, Hill--who actually has some skills in that department. It's kind of like when Flack was the one who went after and confronted Danny in season four in the Ruben arc, or how the majority of the baby drama was seen through Danny's eyes and reaction, not Lindsay's. They've found a way to mostly neutralize the weak acting from Anna--now and then it rears its ugly head (that goofy overreaction in the promo, yuck!), but I have a feeling Danny will have plenty of emotional scenes with people who are not Lindsay.

I admit, I'm torn on that, too. I'm taking the wait-and-see attitude, but yeah... I just don't see Flack as the fall apart totally type, or the self-destructive type.

That was me! And I like your twist on it a lot. The idea of Lindsay dipping into Danny's pain meds to escape the pressure is an interesting twist--and would definitely take away from that air of being untouchable she has. It would make her unsympathetic, but not in a way she couldn't come back from--provided she keeps the thieving to her own husband and not victims of crimes (a la Dr. Price on Miami). I kinda doubt we'd ever see that storyline, but one way the character could be redeemed for me (provided Anna didn't completely bungle it) would be for her to do something wrong and really get called out on it, and have to make amends.

5. v*a*l*y

v*a*l*y Victim

I'm curious...I want to see the new promo :(

6. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks Linds to post these in my Forum

6.02 - Blacklist Featuring Grave Digger

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Merci Perl and Linds, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it! I LOVE it! Momma Taylor is there and Mac in uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I want to watch the new promo too! I have been in youtube and nothing!

9 days and counting!

8. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

that was his name lol i couldn't remember it....

9. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

being one of danny's biggest fans im not very happy about him being in a wheel chair for much of the season.... the only way to sweeten it is if louis comes in to see him lol any one have any opinions or info about how lindsay will be handling the fact her husband is incapacitated, and is she calling herself lindsay messer now??? i never heard her use her second name in the later episodes of season 5 (maybe i was just not listening, im easily distracted lol)

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Yah, I know. Was mostly a flippant response based on re-viewing the promo :p. But for some reason I'm just not so drawn in, even though I have every confidence in Carmine to shine. I'm not sure I can even really articulate why. Feeling a little like it's another big Danny storyline (yes of course I realize others have had big arcs on the show too; but he is among those who consistently get a lotta focus, and unfortunately a lot recently with DL, so there's still for me an associative lingering oversaturation and suspicion it could revert from Danny to DL in focus); feeling like it could possibly be a little predictably done, feeling like it could detract a little from the events in Pay Up I wanted to see followed up on with Flack (Angell's dead, sry Flac-hey lookit, uberpopularDanny is injured but will recover so don't you all fret). None of that's anything but an inner Meh voice and no, certainly not entirely fair. Especially with spoilers, interviews, and Hill tweets all indicating there will be increased character focus for everyone this season.

I'm happy to hear that's finally the case after five years, and am hoping for the best in it's writing and realization; but I also can't deny there's an element of Pandora's Box mistrust, and an iota of the above in the mix for me, fair or not :lol:. Sigh. Mebbe I'm inexplicably sulking at the show. I don't f*cking know :lol::p. I'm having trouble gearing up for the whole damned season. Not just this one storyline. What can I tell ya. This year I seem to be one of those audience members who in the past was a keen and happy participant but this year is sitting in the back row going, "...so ...what. Amuse me. Go ahead. Show me what you got. Any better than last time? Why do I keep letting myself show up anyways. Cos I'm a glass half full f*cking sucker. Damn you all. You bastards." :p

It also sardonically amuses me that the show's using DL (among other things, I know) to push the season. Big dramatic moment. Duly beautifully lit OMG!Red Dye # 40.

I am actually happy about this, and looking forward to it. I've quite liked what's been written for them in the past in how they interact.

Danny's kind of an emotional barometer for the show, and so I do actually think that a storyline throwing him into disarray, which gives the rest of the roster and not just him some good meaty opportunities, to react to him and the overall circumstances, is actually a good writing choice as for who was injured. In that respect I am interested, and seeing how he and the others interact is the thing that tips the teeter-totter back from mild meh tendencies. If it was just all about him I'd be less interested. If it was just another DL platter, I'd not be tuning in at all. So. Yah I'm f*ckin bitching about it alot :lol: but the teeter-totter's a fun ride. Least till the other side leaves off and unceremoniously dumps yer ass with a thud having finally lulled you into a false sense of security. I'm sorry. The past coupla seasons have had a big impact on me letting myself be even remotely excited, and my willingness to be lulled. Hence, "We'll See."

I know. I'm trying to deny a gnawing in my stomach and that I give a damn. :shifty::p But I do. Really don't wanna see this storyline go south. Mostly cos I think it could be really moving, again not just for Flack but for everyone trying to help him too. Hope it will be.

It would be interesting. And it would give her a more independent focus. Would be all about her inna way that it was supposed to be all about her. I'm not into Lindsay airtime, but if she could pull that off, it could be infinitely more interesting than a potential long-suffering martyr counterpoint to Danny's drama. In a season that's supposed to give a little more personal insight, I hope that that's not her Big vehicle. If she's gonna continue to be on the damned show, give her something better to do. And if there's no confidence she could pull it off, don't waste the screentime with middle-of-the-road.

Thanks @ perlnoir for the pics. service bravo huh? Wondered when we'd see Mac in uniform. :p

Would also like to see the CTV promo. They somehow kinda manage a different focus, more about the eps and less about hype than CBS does. With only a week or whatever less I'd hope to see more promos airing whereever. Been a very quiet preseason. But it's been crazy busy workwise, so it's entirely possible (and more than likely) I've just not been catching these things.

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

CSI: NY - Episode 6.03 - LAT 40° 47' N/Long 73° 58'W - Press Release

THE TEAM HUNTS FOR A SERIAL KILLER WITH A DEADLY SENSE OF DIRECTION, ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 7

Skeet Ulrich ("Jericho") Guest Stars in a Recurring Role as Hollis Eckhart, a Mastermind Killer, Who Takes the CSI Team on the Ride of Their Careers

Sarah Carter ("Shark") Returns as Haylen Becall

"LAT 40° 47' N/Long 73° 58'W" - When two bodies are discovered at the North and South ends of the city, Mac and the team deftly begin to navigate the trail of evidence left behind by the killer, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, Oct. 7 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Skeet Ulrich ("Jericho") guest stars in a recurring role as Hollis Eckhart, a mastermind killer, who takes the CSI team on the ride of their careers. Sarah Carter ("Shark") returns as Haylen Becall.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Det. Mac Taylor........................ .... Gary Sinise
    Det. Stella Bonasera......... Melina Kanakaredes
    Danny Messer................... Carmine Giovinazzo
    Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
    Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
    Lindsay Monroe......................... Anna Belknap
    Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
    Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:
    Haylen Becall............................... Sarah Carter
    Hollis Eckhart............................... Skeet Ulrich
    Calliope Eckhart............................. Josie Davis
    Tour guide.................................... Amara Cash
    Kimball Saks........................... Benjamin Benitz
    Cute girl..................................... Kelly Kolatac

WRITTEN BY: Trey Callaway
    DIRECTED BY: Matt Earl Beesley

Source: CBS

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

11 hours until it's only eight days left! No I'm not obsessive at all. Really. :lol:

The bit about Anna's acting seems like a stretch. Whoever Danny has emotional scenes with is fine for me, but his S4 storyline was at least as needlessly-drama-crammed after "All in the Family" as it was during that episode. It's like suggesting the Flack-emotional scene was used for that same reason, to keep Belknap's acting in the background. Kind of counterproductive, all things considered...

Then again, Hawkes is getting scenes so I'm not about to complain :D And if Danny really is supposed to be walking again by episode 6, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the storyline milked for as much as it can get.

I don't see him completely falling into pieces either (at least, please no TPTB, 'cause it'd be as OOC as his drowning himself in work), but I have seen really interesting, well-done storylines on TV before where once-wholesome characters do this sort of one-eighty after a traumatic event, and go down a much darker path. I have to admit that's kind of what I want to see with Flack, especially after the "Pay Up" execution. I still have hopes of seeing it, 'cause well, none of the spoilers have really indicated that they're going to go the route of "self-destruction-utterly-going-to-pieces" with Flack. It'd have to be done really carefully, though, and they'd really have to know his character, and he absolutely absolutely must come back to a relative "normal" him at least by the end of the season! I mean, I know someone mentioned earlier how the "sleeping-with-randoms" thing is way more Eric Delko's style than it is Flack's, and I totally agree, but if we see it happen just one time (rather than multiple) I think it could have that level of intrigue where he's doing something he ordinarily wouldn't, and you get the sense that Flack really has completely lost himself - in a way that doesn't necessitate also losing/risking his job or following Sam down the alcoholic path.

It'll hurt to see a colder, more closed-off Flack even if for a little while, but if they're going to do it I hope they'll do it right 'cause it could be so cool. As long as he doesn't stick around for too long :p. I think they tried to do a similar storyline with darker!Horatio on Miami after Season 4, although I'm not sure how well it came off. I'm not that keen to see Flack shooting people right and left as he dispenses his own special brand of "justice", but if they could find some kind of happy-medium...

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thank Perl! Me thinks it will be one of the best arcs on CSI NY (or maybe the best one!)

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for posting those pics perlnoir
    So, is Gary playing the role of his younger father in those pictures??? I'm just curious.

And I'm so getting in on the Mac/Grissom convo. Sorry I know it's late, but ... ;) That would totally set my inner fangirl out. Having Mac and Grissom work the same case. On the same screen. :thumbsup: It would be interesting to say the least, the man who believes that everything is connected vs the man who says.. "follow the evidence, it doesn't lie."

Okay done with that on to more plotlines.

Flack and his grieving period. Everyone deals differently with death. I hope that he doesn't go down the 'addicted to painkillers/booze' route. And I'm still bummed that his sister won't be in any episodes so far. They would be great at helping each other through her alcoholism and his grief.

Danny on the other hand, or more recently, Lindsay addicted to Danny's painkillers would be an interesting plot twist. Her 'goody two shoes' image would be tarnished. It would be her excuse in having to deal with a new baby, a new marriage, work and a disabled husband. That would be very interesting to see.

Oh, speaking of Danny, anyone heard anymore spoilers if Rikki is coming back sometime this season???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.