CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'd like to see new credits, Ad1991 - I kind of wish they'd go back to the original version of the song, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. :p

They are this season. Laurence Fishburne (Langston) will cross over to both Miami and NY. That's what 6.07 is - it's NY's part of the crossover. The storyline will start in Miami on Monday, continue in NY on Wednesday, and finish out on CSI Thursday during a single week during (I believe) November. But it seems like Langston is probably the only one who will travel (which isn't surprising).

*sniff* I miss Dr Giles. :(

I've had to urge to watch some S1 episodes lately - maybe I should.

2. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

Ooh no fay, after getting over the initial big change with the credits at the start of season 4 I found myself loving the new remixed song. May go as far to say I like the seperation of Mac and Stella.
    Apparently I'm a credits buff haha!

I must also say that I'm looking forward to the cross-over, but as many others have said, I fear it's gonna be a Lanston-Mac fest. If Langston has to take a role in NY at least utilise all the characters or have langston taking a lesser role. I suppose it depends on the case though.

Wonder if they'll be any arcs this year, I've just watched 'past, present and murder'. It's reminded me how satisfying it is when it a case all comes together after a while. I'd like to see a arc involving 2 characters - maybe they're involved in a situation together and it has repercussions over a 3 arc period? It'd be different to see two of the team clashing/ handling something that happened to them both.
    Maybe the spoiler involving Lindsay telling Mac about Flack freezing might have repercussions for them both.

I'm blabbing a bit now but as a last point - I mentioned Lindsay - I know alot of people aren't her biggest fan here, but I like her and feel this season is sounding quite promising for the character, with the danny situation and flack situation. If anna pulls it all out of the bag, maybe she could finally gain some respect? Are people seeing this or has she had one too many chances?

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I miss the original version of the song, too. I'm used to the new one, but I'm still not crazy about the separation out of Mac and Stella. The CSIs are ensemble shows IMO and it feels off, especially given that the other shows' credits aren't similarly laid out.

Well, as I've said before, no one actually wants to hate a character on a show they like, so if Anna knocks it out of the park and the writers make some effort to make the character genuinely sympathetic, I'm sure there are people (myself included) whose opinions of her might improve. That being said, that comically bad reaction she has to Danny being shot in the promo does not give me hope at all, and so long as she continues to deliver laughably bad performances, people are going to express frustration/irritation with that.

4. laurmarie

laurmarie Hit and Run

thanks for the info can't wait for the new season to start......

10 days and counting :)

5. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

Thanks. I just ready that info online too... I guess I was talking more of Mac being the one travelling.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I just have to weigh in on this little discussion about the theme song.

I'm with you, Faylin. I've felt that way since the first episode of season 4. I got no problem with the credits, it's the theme song that makes me wanna cringe. It sounds like a bad mix of the NYPD Blue theme and Baba O'Reilly by The Who. Later tonight or some time tomorrow I'll look up my rant(s) where I rant about that theme song. Then I'll come back here and quote this post and then quote them.

To each his/her own. I just happen to agree with Faylinn.

7. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ohmigod, I just saw the CTV version of S6's promo on TV, and it's left me completely psyched to see the new season. Ten days! (ETA: Nine days now!) I think CTV's might be a little different, though, 'cause there were a few things in it I hadn't seen in the online promo I saw (for one thing...lol, Danny is definitely pissed about what happened to him. I have never wanted to see "Epilogue" so badly :lol:).

I think I have to say I agree with Faylinn, too. The little pause before they start getting into the lyrics grates on my nerves. I don't so much mind the separation of Mac and Stella (at least, it bugs me less than Miami's latest credits, with the separation of Horatio, Eric, and Calleigh from the rest of the team), but the original song played out normally just sounds better.

As far as credits go, I think it's time they changed the pictures in them. They usually change after about two seasons, don't they?

I'm her biggest fan! :p Lol, well no, but I'm one of them anyway. I don't have the huge problem with her acting, but better storylines would help a lot, and I'm so hoping for an arc soon. Season 6 has me anticipating some things - it always helps that she's not pregnant this time around.

This might be a little much to hope for (or against), but is there any chance that Horatio will be joining Langston in New York? Not so much that I'm hoping to see Team Mac/H again, but I think I'd prefer that to seeing Team Langston/Mac. And if it's supposed to be a three-way arc, it only seems fair that we actually see characters from all three shows interacting together...even if *sigh* it's just the leads. Otherwise, even though it's a single storyline across all three shows, it's really just two LV/Miami and LV/NY crossover episodes, which kind of seems like a gyp :(

8. Faylinn

I don't think Horatio will be in NY, no. From the spoilers, it looks like Langston is the only one tying the episodes together.

I wonder if maybe they'll have some lab-type scenes that cross over? Like Natalia doing a video conference with Hawkes or something - because we know NY likes their product placement ;), and they already used that Cisco TelePresence thing before. It might be kind of cool if there was a three-way CSI conference thing going on in the NY episode, but I'm not holding my breath.

Keep in mind that ^^ is just my opinion - nothing in the spoilers indicates any sort of conference call or anything like that. :) I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^^Damn. (Although I'm crossing my fingers now for a virtual three-way crossover, now, 'cause a Natalia/Hawkes video-conference would be beyond cool :D) I guess that means the CSI:LV episode on the Thursday isn't technically part of the crossover, then, which sucks a little. LV is so comparatively isolated from the other two labs, which have crossed paths at least twice now - in that light, it's probably a good thing that it's Langston whose doing the visiting, although it'd work better if it were someone who's been on CSI: LV longer.

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hokay. So. What'd I miss. At least fifteen pages of spoiler commentary apparently. :p Sheesh. Still. Last time I think I missed the wrap of one spoiler thread and the start of a new one. Lots to get thru. Sorry. Long post coming. Skip over. Whatev.

First. The Promoclips were sorta toofasttoofurious to get a real handle on beyond :rolleyes:-Spinnage. Promotypical if not prototypical.

Oh alright, will watchit agin, real quicklike, before commenting further. Going on memory here. Annnnnnd. Right. Sooooooo. Uh, Stella's not gonna get any substantial romantic focus this season right? Hallelujah, I'm gonna hold onto that kernal I swear I read somewheres, cos ...Adam'n'Stel? Plz. F*ckoff :lol: No way. Was cute as an adorkable Rosco-crush he seemed to entertain for Stella for a few eps, but. No. Just. No.

Nah uh. Not buyin' it. Not even iffit wuz onsale. :p

Pages here on about Flack kissing someone, and rebounds & an unhealthy and apparently promiscuous aftermath. It took me a second viewing thru the clip just now to get why. :lol: I had completely missed it was Flack kissing someone when I first saw this awhile ago. Will wait and see. Cheezy flashback or potentially unfortunate path to recovery. More on later.

Alas. Poor Danno. I'm sorry I still can't feel me caring as much as I'd like about all this. I wanna like Danny stories more again. I really do. Sigh.

...Oh man... :shifty: We all know Carmine's bag is big on dramatic material. My opinion on AB is that hers is not. And here we will have a carefully crafted arc wherein the twain shall meet. A major storyline, the season opener and following for several eps. The absolute basis for additional circumstances to keep the chase on and amp up the pressure on the team, just when they thought they could catch a breath. ...well...:lol: Ooooohbaby. This could really be painful. We'll see. I'll stop there: we'll see. Save to say. Major lols at AB's expression. "OMG! OMG! M! G! O, MG! OMG! Danny? Danny! Dan! Danny! Babymuffin? Honeybear! OMG! Can you hear me? Talk to me! Whaz... izzat propylene glycol, syrup, an' Red Dye #40????? OMG!! Wait. What? The light didn't catch me staring at my hand good? And my gut-flipping shock and disbelieving anguish? No? Didn't see it? Should we shoot it again? I can go all night ya know, just like that..." Sorry :p. Just how it strikes me. Still. Even after not watching it for a few weeks and seeing it again. The Twain Meeting so far is producing much amusement about the promo itself, and not so much anxiety on behalf of Danny. Mebbe I'm just in a twisted head space. What else is new, I know, I know. :p

Back to spoiler thread catch-up.

- Flack running off the rails and into the ground was something I was initially very leery of when reading it. Weeks later and I still am. It's holding increasingly less appeal for me. Guess I'm not entirely sold on it for his character, still mulling it over. Sure, yes, it could provide some solid Angst moments, and Angst on Flack is not something we expect nor have ever witnessed much of; doesn't mean it immediately fits. I guess I'm worried it stems from an outside-in story, and not from a character examination being expressed. Yeah, I can mebbe see him as a kind of guy who'll stuff pain and strife deep down inside, bottle it up, and mebbe even pour alcohol all over it in an isolated bender or two. An ongoing disintegration with possible promiscuities and self destructiveness? Still mulling. Bottled till it breaks, could work, might not. Guess I'm lacking faith and and am vaguely suspicious as to how the writers could be handling things for Flack :shifty::p. Buuuut they did up the thing with Sam well. So I'm torn. Torn and waiting. Once again, with what increasingly seems to be my apparent catch-phrase regarding CSINYS6, We'll See.

I have more faith in Eddie's acting at this point than the writing; what's "good for the show" could be rather "good for the numbers an' f*ck Character, I mean we can make Danny's family multi-generation cops and mafia both inna sister/mother mind-spinning vortex and say he never even had a brother, or a dog, or b*lls, so yah, we can make Flack become his own evil doppelganger for a few eps, for ratings, before it jeopardizes his career, and cases, an' Mac's gonna be too distracted by relentlessly pursuing the baddies but Stella gets fed up and dropkicks Don's ass from Yonkers to Queens and back and then buys him a hotdog and some takeaway chicken soup muwahahahahahahahahaaa*ck ahem pardon us. Trust us it'll be fabulous."

I want it to work, but I'm worried it won't be handled well, and just hope it is. Would be a waste of EV's departure as well if it isn't.

I also think alotta La Guera's sentiments are those I wholeheartedly agree with. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I think I'm only on page 12 or 15 of the thread right now in reading commentary.

Actually, if it turns out to be Stella putting Flack right (apparently she's a supportive character, wowza, breaking news from sanctioned minimal PV spoilers), I wouldn't have a problem with that. She doesn't take shit from people, so if Mac's got his hands full, and Hawkes is busy with Danno, and Adam is busy sheltering dear Hawkes, go Stel. Wouldn't mind that atall actually. Might also be fun to have another Don/Sid scene. Don't have nearly enough of those. Serious dearth. And if Angell was close to Sid, mebbe it would make sense for Don to talk to him a little. Who knows. Missed opportunity, I'm sure.

- Who said painkiller addiction. Top, was that you? Knock on wood or something :lol: I do hope they avoid the painkiller addiction kind of thing for Messer, unless, how about this, unless they would give the problem to Monroe. *Not* cos I wanna see AB acting or getting any more material, but because it's a twist most would never see, Lindsay dipping into Danny's meds cos she's not infallible and above everything afterall. A way to humanize her and give her some grit. But it would never come off that way. Nor would Lindsay ever be gritty. Because Lindsay's apparently still ultimately uberawesome, I think we'll be safe from being subjected to even that incarnation of the overdone narcotics-addiction type storyline. I think the last time it was done well was on CM, though still predictable Spencer'd have a habit.

- Am still interested in the franchise cross overs, but again, it woulda been nice if more characters from Vegas in addition to Langston were to be on the road trip. I hope his stops in NY and Miami will have him at least interacting with everyone else there, and not just Mac and teh Mighty H. A mix of all those characters and their styles, even if by video conferences, phone calls, or conversational commentary could have been (could be? :p) really fun. Little doubt that Fishburne, Caruso, and Sinise will be the airtime primaries in each ep. When NY's turn comes around, I hope/think they'll be interesting to watch, as actors and as kind of counter-characters. Mac is Mister Science Wot'll Kick Yer Ass, while Langston would rather sit in on an autopsy of it after the fact. :p But they both like music, for example. Langston rides a bike apparently (never saw that ep). Mac wouldn't think twice about chasing you and your bike down. On foot. Different and interesting enough as personalities and in their respective career paths that it could be a lotta fun. And if the styles of humour that both Vegas and NY do well find their ways into things, bonus. I could be a little more accomodating of sweeps plot pretenses and team character omissions.

I fell away from viewing Vegas in any way other than intermittantly years ago now, so for me Langston was neither deterrent nor new reason to watch. He's only been in, what, a dozen eps anyways? Catherine and Brass, with Grissom and Warrick gone, are still the stand outs for me most often. When I do tune in, I'm still generally entertained by the show, and often, or mebbe I just pick good nights, I'm still impressed by the quality of the stories, and how the show's put together, the sound department (yes I said sound dept.), and the caliber of the performances. So, no, I'm not gonna dismiss the crossovers just yet, or at least think there will be qualities to counter the Gimmick aspect of a sweeps 3-Way, where teh shinys are likely to be previously enjoyed livers and storylines. I'm unlikely to check into the Miami portion, granted :lol:, but I do think seeing Sinise and Fishburne together could be good. And TPTBs, all 3 of yas, have a PA or someone follow 'em around with a camera and put some behind the scenes footage and whatnot on the next round of seasonal DVDs as a Special Freakin Feature. On all the sets. Jeezlouise. :p

Another "We'll See." But a more hopeful one.

- I am, at this point, coming around to being most intrigued by the story with Hawkes and his financial woes. Or perhaps I'm just least wary of how well it will be handled and what they'll do to him. I'm looking forward to Hawkes getting something that pulls the rug out a little for him too. He's been challenged by the Shane Casey case, by friends coming back into his life to use him (and beat the crap outta him), had a case that hit close to home regarding Kara, been injured in a dive, had a strip or two torn off by Mac, but few personal predicaments. For a guy who always seems to have his shit together, I'm interested to see what they're gonna have befall him.

What else.

- The clip someone posted of AJ Buckley interviewing Sarah Carter kinda cheered me up. I don't think I have any problems with her being cast. I only saw like two eps of Shark, and don't remember her really. But she seems fun. I think that clip will only help her acceptance into the show, and the fact that a lot of her scenes are going to be with Adam, well, so long as she's not in the realm of Kendall, I think that will also help. Any residual minor hackles still stem from questions about the character, the notion of a potentially scheming one, what evil lurks within da team, can she be trusted, what purpose she's to serve (hopefully not a love interest) and the backstory and agenda they may give her. Less preoccupied with her than the Flack stuff now. She could be good. I still think they needed an outside perspective, someone new to stir things or give a new vantage point to display the show, so I still wanna give her a fair shake and see what comes. We Will See... :lol:

- Next? ooooh, right. Perloir's scanned article with PV soundbites. Stella's supportive. Glad someone let me in on that. I'll look forward to it. There is a Change. As a result of teh shootage. Golly. One might hope. Even for DL. But there is no way in a freezing hell that she will convince me that DL will ever be Worth Tuning In For. :censored:. Bigtime. Other efforts at continuity are appreciated. Seems like there's very little play going on with preseason spoilers this season. Or mebbe I'm just not feeling the anticipation like I used to. Mind you. I'd prefer to start with no expectations and have them earn a decent season than start with overhype and continue to stumble badly.

Continuing to scroll the thread in catching up.

Ah yes. Here we go. La Guera. Once again, I thank you. Said my piece, ages ago and here again, about Flack. You said it miles better.
    I agree, especially regarding faith in the Job, and becoming what he's not. What I've wanted to see is how the Job effects them, how they deal with it and within it. How it changes how they see things, but also what of themselves they hold on to in the middle of it. I'm not sure I wanna see Flack potentially turn to destructive self-medicating interpersonal interactions. I'm not convinced that's how he'd deal. I hope the fact Flack shot a guy isn't glossed over either, and even if it never comes up in any official capacity or review in a storyline, that at least how Don feels about it isn't tossed aside as secondary to everything else. That is the closest element to an internal struggle Don could have about seeing himself as or having become what he wasn't.

- Oo. Asides. Glad to hear Sofia will be making some sort of return to Vegas. Also enjoyed the article with Bill Haynes about NY. Glad at hints Stella will have some good stuff, and that it doesn't revolve around a whacked out love interest.

And, wow, did I finally catch up? Kinda? Well, only on the past 15 pages or so.

People are seeing that. What this person is also seeing is that Lindsay's drama is still inherently tied into her relationship with Danny. I've often said AB started with a blank slate with me. I didn't have any opinion about her when she came in. I was sorry to see Aiden go, but I didn't hate on Lindsay as a replacement. I had no opinion, which I was happy to have the show & AB shape thru their work. AB & Lindsay both have earned their disdain on their own merit, over a very, very long time. I'm a very patient person. And I am done. I've also said I'm willing to be surprised by AB. So we'll see what she makes of it.

You bring it up, I'll comment on it :lol: :p. It just doesn't help that a) her track record, on this show, at least IMweeO, tends to erode credibility than earn it, b) the treatment of her character by the writers seems to set her apart, c) the combo of the writing and acting consistently pull me out of the show, and stand out as performances and choices, whereas the others draw me in. AB's had plenty of chances to earn respect, or at least not lose it, over the past four years. Everyone will have a different take on what she's managed. I don't hate the character. I'm exasperated, bemused at the ongoing absurdity, and truthfully a tad resentful. On so many levels her scenes feel like something I gotta sit thru to get to the rest of the show and I'm fed up.

Mebbe someday she'll get another shot at a story that has nothing to do with Danny or their relationship. I really don't give a shit about the DL drama that is about to ensue when the season gets rolling. I don't even want to see her tied into Flack's drama. Though, to be fair, her interaction with him in enlisting his aid to go after Danny in S4 was okay for me, didn't stand out, at least not so bad as the "lookitmeI'm bein'funnehwithFlack."

I think the writing needs to improve for her, I think AB's realization of it needs to step up. If her cachet continues to be a combination of her relationship with Danny and the fact they're now married and have a kid, and Lab Exposition & Demos, which others, not least Adam, do better, and we have a new ambitious Kleen Up Tech potentially horning in on that kind of territory as well, my best hope is Lindsay continues to fade to the background if only so we don't hafta hear about DL/L all the time. Please, TPTB, AB, honestly, go ahead and surprise me. I will give you props if earned. You'll excuse meh iffen I choose not to suffer hypoxia due holding my breath interim.

As for the Credits. Not so bothered anymore, by the divisions nor the song. I don't watch enough of the other shows to compare them, though occasionally yelling YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH at random is oodles of fun. Especially on the subway or in the line up to pay for groceries.

Curious if they'll do up a new NY set for the season tho.

YeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

See? Was fun. Alas, I seem to have misplaced my shades.

Infinitely speaks volumes I need a bite to eat.

11. Faylinn

Because it is late, no doubt, I read that line as "had a stripper" and paused before returning to re-read it and see if my eyes betrayed me. Unfortunately, they had. *sad sigh* The immediate mental image I got of Sheldon feeling dirty and wrong because he has to strip to pay the rent is naughty and shameful. But don't worry, Doctor Love, mama will make it rain for you. I've got a little money to make sure you can pay the bills in light of your upcoming financial woes. I am, at heart, a kind and charitable woman, after all. :devil:

*cough*

My apologies. I'm not sure how I turned 'had a strip or two' into 'Sheldon giving me a lap dance'. Or, perhaps, given the original quote, 'Sheldon giving Mac a lap dance.' Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

*cough* As I said, it's late...:shifty:

Actually, she won't. It's too bad. :(

I do that. All of the time. If I can work in a cheesy pun, even better.

So, uh, yeah - nice post. I'm sorry that I couldn't do more than let my hormones react to the not-actually-there mention of stripper!Sheldon and respond to comments about the other shows. :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...weeeeeell, mebbe you caught my pre-edited post...? :p Kidding. Sorry to have thwarted and dashed your hopes. But I'm happily sharing the image now, :lol:

:guffaw: F*ck. I need to get my ass back to check in here more often. Plz. Don' apologize. At least say ya don't mean it. :p

nnnnoooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooh. Dang. And yelling "no" a la slo mo austin powers wasn't as satisfying as yeeeaaaah. Double boo there. Bleghl. Meh. Miffed. Was all happy an stuff that Vegas might be a viable alternative if NY tanks. Sheesh. :lol: Too bad.

Boo. Bummed. Thanks a helluvalot.... :p

The worse the pun the better the pun. Glad to know I'm not the only one yelling at random. :p

:shifty: erm... Mebbe we could start a new stripper!Sheldon petition/thread...? :p

13. Faylinn

I regret nothing. :devil:

At the very least he could pay his friends* back for letting him sleep on the couch by serving breakfast in bed - while wearing a little speedo or something. (Most of my thoughts would give the PG-13 Meter a heart attack. Sorry. :devil:)

* And by 'friends', you know that I mean 'Adam Ross and only Adam. Adam.'

(As this is the spoiler thread, it should be noted that there is nothing to indicate that Adam - or any other person from the lab - is letting Sheldon sleep on their couch. It's just my wishful thinking. ;) We'll see when the episode(s) air what happens.)

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Excellent. Live without regrets. Personal motto :p

...aaaaaand, the last of my snack is now scattered across my desk. Thanks kindly. :p For that and for the new image dancing in mah head. Speedos generally don't generate favorable mental pics. This one's pretty good :lol:

most of mine would melt it down completely or fritz it out. :lol: 's a good thing I have my pyro ticket. It's perfectly safe.

...we discussed dis...

I'm now having that bit of Adam from the promo clip in my head thinking he's smiling at a Speedo. :lol:

And here I think it's time to go :lol: Hooo. Ah. Crap. Gotta clean up my desk first.

15. Swede85

Swede85 Dead on Arrival

Is CTV's promo online yet? Wanna see! Is it the 23rd yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.