CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v*a*l*y

v*a*l*y Victim

thanks perlnoir!! Mac in uniform is just amazing! :adore:

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

thank you for the pics, they're ace!

as far as i know (and i might be wrong) John Terry will be playing his dad - i was assuming gary was playing mac in his younger days...

not long now folks :D:beer:

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Oh please dont take away that cute little smile of Eddie at the end...so mmmm!

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I miss the cute smile from when he was walking in the Season 2/3 credits. Although the eyebrow-raise was a fair trade :cool:

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Fair enough, though I hope Danny being injured will only mean more story for Flack. The two people Flack cares about the most (presumably outside of his family) are shot in a short space of time. That's got to do something to him. Not that I think Flack would make what happens to Danny about him--but I could see it eat away at him. Flack is insanely protective of Danny--seeing him hurt won't be easy. I want to see that play out.

Agreed. I think he's the one character who really has a deep personal connection with everyone, and that everyone feels a bit protective of. Mac and Stella--these are people who can take care of themselves. Danny's vulnerable and emotional in ways no one else on the show is. So I think it will have an interesting effect on the other characters. He was a good pick.

Yeah--a big part of what makes the character so unbearable to me is that she never gets called to the carpet for anything. Her messes get excused by others, so I'd like to see her create a mess or do something that someone really takes her to task for. Something like taking Danny's pain meds--she couldn't just get away with that. (If they went the "poor overwhelmed Lindsay route" with that with no accountability I'd throw something at my television.)

Maybe, and who knows... maybe Lindsay and Danny will have big emotional scenes that we don't know about from the spoilers. But I do think it's interesting that Hawkes is the one with Danny in rehab in 604, even more so than it was interesting that it was Flack with Danny in 413 (since Flack and Danny are best friends). Lindsay is good enough to be trotted out for the romantic scenes that tie Danny to her, but little else. And every time they try to do more with her, Anna flounders.

Yeah, definitely... same here. I really wish it was playing out over the course of the season rather than just a handful of episodes. But, we'll see.

I guess for Flack I would have predicted anger. I suppose I could see him hooking up with someone who looked like Angell, or freezing up in a shootout because some part of him feels guilty for murdering a man in cold blood, but I guess I would have predicted anger for him--just being pissed off at the world for a while. It sounds like they might be going that route with Danny... but I guess I would have rather seen it from Flack in this case.

6. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

thanks for the pics...

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i agree with all of that - it'll be interesting to see how they *all* react to it, not just danny, flack and lindsay who seem like the obvious initial reactors.

definitely - that's something i'd like to see too!

i agree - i'd like to see flack get really angry and go a little bit off the rails but i think an ott off the rails thing would be wrong - it'd be nice to see him getting on with things but obviously seething underneath and wondering if he'll ever just blow his top...

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I'm honestly hoping for separate emotional scenes for both Lindsay and Danny, although I guess I wouldn't complain at a shared one. (Re Lindsay, addicted to pain meds would be very cool, though I could hope for something a little more original - have her get caught compromising evidence for a suspect, or shooting at a colleague, or breaking a law or something. Even mess up with Lucy.) She did fine in the "Greater Good" scene where they let her talk with Stella without even mentioning Danny.

Otoh, the chance with Hawkes and Danny isn't one that can be passed up, I think - they're not as tight as Flack and Danny, but they've needed to mix things up with themselves for a while now. Usually it's Danny who's there for Hawkes - this might be the second time it's been the other way around.

With Flack, I predict anger too, only I think that anger at the world would be just the thing that would make him go darker, shut down on all that emotion he has, sleep with someone random (the freezing in the shootout stumps me, although I guess it could be him retaining that moral edge of his? A sign he's not angry enough to just go nuts with the cold-blooded shooting, like Horatio Caine was?). I guess I see it more as that dangerously quiet, simmering anger, which I have to say I could see from Flack - they mentioned he'd be "restrained" with the others, didn't they? With Danny, they seem to be taking the shouting-with-anger route, but because Flack is kind of aloof even on his good days I don't think I could see him screaming out his pain/anger the way I can picture Danny doing that same thing.

But as long as he doesn't lose his snarkiness. That I refuse to tolerate :shifty: And he has to go back to normal quickly.

Agreed! OTT-anger might be a bit much, at least if they don't show him seething for a long time beforehand. But definitely with the seething - that's the sort of anger I think Flack would be carrying around.

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

First, I agree there must be space for Eddie's eyebrow tweak in the credits :lol: Or a suitable equivalent.

As for Flack in S6. I'm also trying not to get ahead of things, cos there really haven't been all that many spoilers, only hints and nudges and whatnot.:p

I wouldn't have a problem with a darker, withdrawn or guarded Flack. I actually think a somewhat brooding, simmering Flack could be good.

And no, a Flack that would continue a vigilante justice from behind a gold shield I wouldn't buy or be interested in watching either.

Wait. ...There was a doppelganger!Horatio? Really? How the hell did I ever miss out on that? :lol: Might have been fun to witness :lol: Wasn't his NYPDBlue incarnation a more hard-edged kind of character? (I'm sorry, it's not a show I know). Guess they thought he could pull it off?

Anger I would believe. I would have problems believing more Rash Behaviour Damn the Consequences, especially if it descends into behavior wherein there is a disregard for others, as an unintended side-effect or as an acknowledged path, or into a self destructive spiral.

(and general Impulsiveness is more Danny's realm, not a Flack trait).

Could see withdrawn, angry, being even more tightly wound. To the point his composure or bearing might threaten to fracture or actually go there, do something that gets him suspended (...um, of course, he did just shoot a suspect). I'd agree more with filled to the brim about to crack. I could buy him being numb and pushing the boundaries just to test whether he could feel anything at all or to distract himself.

What I don't see is hollow and brittle and broken. And even if lost, I wouldn't buy him receding too far from his character and temperment. I also wouldn't buy him wallowing, or eroding too much internally. That starts to fall to the path of giving in, giving up, not what I'd see in Flack.

Freezing up and the like, still mulling.

I think I would expect, after the internal struggle of being increasingly wound and bottled up, an outer mansifestation of it more than an internally destructive one, if that makes sense.

If they gave her a shot at something outside of DL and the Danny storyline, that would be even better for her. But it would be so like TPTB to tie it back wouldn't it.

I could see Flack's humour go darker, but I'd hate for him to lose the sparkle that makes it snark. That better come back. A permanent serious bitterness would not be so appealing. How quickly it resolves for me kinda depends how far they're gonna plunge him over the edge (and how far from himself they'll make him journey back from).

dare I say it... will Wait and See... :p

10. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Is it sad that my eyes missile'd right in on Flack and Danny doing their classic perp drag off? :D:D Whoo! Boy did I miss that!

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

LOL, I still don't know what they were trying to pull off with Horatio in Seasons 5 and 6. After his wife-for-one-episode died in Miami S4 he just became less, well, honourable for a cop. Perps barely have to raise their guns to him before he starts shooting to kill (I'm reminded of the way Flack asked the Irish-gang-guy in "Snow Day" to drop his gun three times before he shot him, and I just shake my head :p). I sort-of figured they were trying to make a point about Horatio going off the deep end into anger, because he was being borderline-vigilante - only at the same time it was like they were trying to sell his behaviour as badass!cool, what with all the posing-with-the-gun and the one-liners delivered before/after he kills someone, so I was just :brickwall:. Either way he comes off as emo and kind of a jerk, so I'm hoping they just steer clear of the vigilante thing with Flack.

Numb to almost all feeling except anger, that's something else I could also see with Flack. I like the idea of him trying to push boundaries, seeing if he can make himself feel anything else (would make sense in the context of the Angell-look-alike) - and the anger kind of building up till it explodes. I just don't see random explosions every other episode, though. And I agree, I really hope we won't see empty and wallowing, or broken! Flack - I think it would take a lot to break Flack because he's that strong, and while I realize he cared a lot about Angell, I'm not sure I'd buy it if her death actually broke him. He cares a lot as it is about a lot of things...so I could buy it if he became somewhat uncaring, even with his job - not in the sense that he doesn't care whether or not he does a good job, but more in the sense that he can't become as invested in the problems of people he doesn't know anymore.

All roads lead to...ugh, screw it I don't even care anymore :brickwall:. My fingers remain crossed for divorce by the end of Season 6. They're not untangling until I actually see the S6 finale :lol: She'll have the best chance to grow, imo, if she's completely separated from DL.

I want the storyline to resolve itself reasonably (like, I don't want Flack to be completely over everything within ten episodes)...as awesome as it would be to see Flack go over the edge, it'll be ten times more interesting to see how they're going to make him come back from that. At the same time, I'm not really loving the idea that his jadedness or his bitterness could stretch on for years, either. It'd be way too depressing, comparing the way he used to be to the way he could be in the future :(.

But I am totally willing to wait and see ;). Eight days!

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i saw it on hill's twitter, but even so: aww that's a lovely pic! i want explicit permission!!

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Crossroad CSI.LV; CSI-NY and CSI. Miami

15. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

Great pic of the guys he should do more with the rest of the cast maybe even a whole team pic :)

I really can't wait til the new season starts but as i live in the UK :( it looks like fan sites like this with spoiler and youtube are my new best friend, i hate that we don't get it til after xmas it's such a long wait but up side ours run everyweek without fail it stops in the usa odd weeks (am i right?).

My problem is i'm in the middle of moving and everything is packed up (but my computer lol) but i can't move in cause at the minute a have a huge hole in my floor where pipes are been fixed only have internet here til the 1st Oct :( if someone has a few strings that can be pulled with someone up there, id be greatful lmao x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.