American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: She's so wacky. But, she's definitely one of a kind. And she's 48? I didn't know that. She looks great for her age.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

3. GregNickRyanFan

It would be weird not to see her on the show. Her and Simon's "spats" are the funniest parts of the show. Those two crack me up going back and forth like a couple of siblings. :lol:

4. Desertwind

I found this link on TMZ about Paula, and is she really done? The rehearsals start tomorrow and she's not there, so whats-her-face Posh Beckman will be there in Denver~

PAULA NEWS

5. Della

Della Police Officer

Victoria Beckham as a judge? Oh my goodness me. Who's crazy, crazy idea was that?

Oh, oh, oh, hang on a mo. Hmm, you know thinking about it, given that Kara really didn't like the "Bikini Girl" and how Posh Becks believes herself to be so very important, there could be some serious fireworks between the two.

Hmm, okay, I concede... simply for the potential of some really nasty fireworks between Kara and Victoria Beckham, having Posh Becks as a judge could be a good move. :devil: :devil: :lol:

:)

6. Desertwind

I suppose everyone knows about the stunning news that Ellen DeGeneres replaced Paula on "AI" is this good news? I'll post a link of fans rebuttal when I find one~

7. GregNickRyanFan

I have nothing against Ellen at all, but I don't really understand this. I'm not sure Ellen has an expertise in music. She's an actress, comedienne and talk show host. Where does the music experience come from? I think it would be more fair to the contestants to have someone who knows something about music. Kara's the songwriter, Randy's the musician, Paula was a musician and Simon is a music producer. I think Ellen's great and funny and all of that, I just don't get why they wouldn't choose someone who is more in the music scene. I guess I'm just confuzzled a bit by this.

Found this article. Says she signed a five year deal, so I guess she's not just a guest judge like I originally thought. I think her and Simon bantering could be funny. I think she can very easily match wits with Simon. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I thought the same at first GNRF but I watched her show today and she said that she is going to be "from the audience's perspective". That she's not going to be looking at it from a critical point of view like the other judges but more as someone sitting at home, thinking about if she'd buy a CD of theirs if they won, and stuff like that.

When it was explained, I thought it was a pretty good idea to have something like this because they've never had someone who wasn't a professional with music, so it'll be interesting. I love her though, so I'm hoping it all works out and I can't wait to watch American Idol now. :D

9. Desertwind

I totally agree you GNRF the thing is she's a comedian, and just looking at her with her 'deadpan expressions' is enough for laughter, and she's never serious, that I've seen, and that's all well and good, for her role as a comedy figure, but for a serious 'choosing the one' can she stay focused and not make wise-cracks? The old adage, time will tell applies on this one. She'll be a busy girl with a 5-day a week show of her own:eek: and thank's for the link~

10. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I guess that makes sense. Maybe it will be a good thing. Maybe she'll bring more fun to the show. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

I thought too that this would be temporary because of her daily show, but I guess if she feels she can do both, then more power and much luck to her. :)

I still think though that her and Simon's interactions will be something to see. I don't think Ellen would put up with Simon's cracks the way that Paula did. :lol:

11. Della

Della Police Officer

*blinkblink* Um, did I just read that right, that Ellen Degeneres is going to be a judge??? I wish they'd gone for Victoria Beckham now, because at least she has some miniscule portion of musical experise, uh, sort of. More than Ellen in my opinion.

Hmmm, in all honesty, I can't help but feel that this is coming from a sort of "Galaxy far far far away" kind of thing, as in, it's so far out of left field that it's not actually in the ball park.

Um, don't the audience give their input when they phone in for their favourites? So why on earth do they feel the need to include that kind of perspective on the judges panel?

All in all, I think that whomever thought of this could be judged as applying a complete stroke of genius with such a choice, or they could have just made a huuuuuge blunder in AI's history. I'm inclined to believe the latter thought I'm afraid.

As others have said, nothing against Ellen, she's great in her own field of comedy and show host, but as a Judge for AI? That's gotta be her best joke.... right?

I guess time will tell....

*shrug* *trying to retrieve what's left of a mind which has just been blown away by such a choice - chuckle*

:D

12. GregNickRyanFan

I realize of course that she won't be with the others for the auditions in different cities and whatnot... at least this year. But she's signed a five year deal, so will she be taking part in the audition portions next year and just have someone else guest host her show while she's doing it or what?

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

For what I've understood in interviews I've seen and heard Ellen is going to judge from a fans perspective...so in all effects it will be nice to have someone who under stands what the fans want instead of what the industry wants. And on my personal side, I'm glad it was Ellen at least she will know when to keep quiet and not drive us all crazy.

14. Della

Della Police Officer

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but I think the Adam fans might be ecstatic to hear that, this morning I heard that Roger Taylor and Brian May of Queen are trying to recruit Adam as lead singer for Queen. Roger said that he is a phenomenal talent.

In all honesty, having heard Adam sing with Kiss on American Idol, I don't think his voice is mature enough/big enough, right now to be able to compete and overcome Queens heavy rock backing. Hey, but Roger Taylor thinks he is, so who knows.

I keep trying to imagine what "Somebody to Love" and other such songs might sound with Adam's overly dramatic breath taking, nail scraping screeching and his complete and uttter lack of connection with the songs going on. I have to say that the thought of it is making me cringe right now. I adore Queen have done for years and I'm really nervous about Adam being their first choice as their lead singer.

Still, as said, who knows, he might just fit in there.

:)

15. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I would think Adam's fine doing what he is with his debut album and such. I just think right now his voice isn't ready for it maybe later. I also don't feel he has the level of maturity like you said to be in a band like queen. Plus I wouldn't like to think he would actually suit being in a band, he's more of a solo man.

Like you said it's probably not the best thing for queen either.

As an Adam fan this news in no way makes me estatic. I just think it's not the right thing for Adam at this point in time and really if he was even considering join a band he already would have like Chris Daughtry. I just think being in a band is so not his thing. He likes to fly solo like I said before.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.