Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I agree with InferiMaster. The team doesn't need someone new to replace Eric, they all barely get enough screen time as it is, or decent plots. Now we're going to have to share the rations with Jesse. (Sorry, Jesse, but it's true.)

I guess it would have just been nice to see the team become closer with Eric's absence. Instead, we get a new guy.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have to say it is refreshing to see that people agree with me that bringing Eddie in is a bad idea overall. I am gonna miss Adam sooo much but this show, as someone said, is teetering on the brink imo and that is soooo very evident in their desire to "go back" and try and make things the way they were. They are depserate imo and I think it is going to hurt them. And unfortunately Adam was a casualty of all that and I think that is why he was a casualty. It was just a matter of a "wrong place, wrong time." His contract was up and they obviously wanted to find a way to "freshen" things up. They honestly expect us to believe that Adam all of a sudden up and decided to leave...when in fact he has said on his twitter page that he didn't want to leave... and that Eddie is not his replacement? TPTB are trying too hard to rebuild this show in some way and get us to believe things that we can obviously see the holes in!

Vegas lost a ton of viewers when they lost Peterson and overloaded the season with Fishbourne....their ratings slipped and pissed off a lot of loyal and long time watchers. I understand that actors want to move on and hell, I wish all of them the best b/c yeah after a while you must feel the need to expand and grow as an actor....I just don't think that that happened with Adam 100%. I think he wanted to try new things but I don't think he wanted to leave the show completely. I also think that the decision for him to leave came before last season ended. The actors knew what the seaosn premiere was going to be about before the finale aired and Donnahue said it herself in the last issue of CSI Magazine (which went on sale July 21st so it went to publication when? sometime in June?) that the first 4 episodes had already been sent to the network for approval....first 4 eps pretty much set up ep 5 which is Eric's departure ep. Coincidence? I think NOT! Because soon after that, on June 24th, they announced Eddie was joining the cast. :shifty: Add everything up....everything everyone has said thus far and things done thus far and it all concludes to; this was decided before it was actually spoken about...at least that is my opinion.

The writers have totally screwed things up and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone else were to walk before the season is through. Given her comments and overall demeanor about Adam's departure....she didn't seem happy how things were handled with him so I personally think Emily will be the next to go. Her contract was either up at the end of last season or IS up at the end of Decemeber....there has been zero mention of her signing a new contract with the show and you would think with Adam leaving the show would want to reassure the viewers who is sticking around and who isn't!! Not to mention the E! article where they quote her as saying "I think we were in some poor contract negotiations." Honestly I don't know what to believe anymore....and what to trust anymore.

I think overall this move with Eddie in and Adam out is going to hurt this show. The fact that his character seems to be getting ALOT of attention early on tells me there will be nothing subtle done with him. Which means other characters will put on the back burner as usual. :rolleyes: I think the chemistry will be off all around....I just don't see this as being a positive move. And I definately don't see them learning anything from LV's mistakes. In fact I think they are making the same one and are just crossing their fingers that what happened to LV doesn't happen to them. I also do not like the way they are writing out such an integral and popular character....it seems cheap and lame. I mean I feel like the writers are just being like "screw the last 7 years you gave the show....here is your walk away alone exit." :rolleyes: I mean c'mon the guy gave you 7 years...give him a proper send off....one he deserves. From revised spoilers for 806 it sounds like that Eric didn't tell anyone other than H and possibly Calleigh that he was leaving!! ! :eek: There is a scene where Jesse asks Natalia why Eric left and she says she didn't know, he didn't say goodbye!! Jesse says he thought they were friends and Natalia replies she thought so too. So it might be safe to say that Ryan and Frank didn't know he was leaving either. And I don't even know for sure Calleigh knew he left....although she makes a comment to the effect that she did know but who knows if that hasn't changed!! WTF is going on??

I think that they should have let the team go w/o someone else on the team for a time to show how close the team is/was and to show stress (ya know actual dramatic emotions) before throwing someone else in and expecting us to simply accept them. B/c I really feel like with the way the writers are introducing Jesse, they expect us to just accept that he is there and that Eric is gone. I am going to see what happens with Jesse and give him a chance but I don't like Eddie as an actor so....

I just read Emily's interview in TV Guide magazine and while she seems excited about the upcoming season...I feel like she is laying it on a little thick and seems down and off with regards to the Eric/Calleigh romance. I mean obviously she might be a little upset b/c of Adam's departure. But in the past she was always bubbly and excited about it....in this interview she just seems to say things about it. The character, as she describes her, seem off too. Hard to explain....if someone else read the article, please point out your opinion on it and tell me if I am just looking too hard at it.

Am I bitter...hell yeah b/c of the way the writers and producers have treated someone who gave them 7 years of commitment and hard work. I know Hollywood can be cut throat and that nothing is set in stone there but still.....I think this was handled poorly and it didn't have to be. Hello Rory fiasco!! :lol:

Oh and btw, on a happy note, Adam will be joining the cast of Ugly Betty for 5 eps with the possibility of doing more. :D Don't know if I see him in a comedy but hey, good for him ;)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Adam-Rodriguez-1009551.aspx

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  3. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

adam on ugly betty huh? for some reason i can't imagine him being on a comedy show... he is going to be greatly missed. i kind of feel like i'm going to like eddie's character. i don't know why. the characters are really the only reason i like to watch this show. but honestly with adam, i feel that leaving the show is a bad choice because ugly betty doens't do as well as the other shows and i doubt that he will make as much money as he did in csi miami. cause isn't that why he left the show in the first place? because of contract negotiations and the amount of money they were being paid.
    nevertheless adam will be highly missed, but luckily he'll be coming back every now and then

4. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

Delkolover i agree with you too, jesse has been bought in way to early and i severly dislike Jesse the taking the shirt off to help save someone....
    Isnt there a first aid box?? or something??? somewhere?? anywhere?? and truthfully wouldnt we have loved to see ryan shirtless first instead of jesse??:lol:

Back on track.....i loved your idea about not having someone there as a replacement and having the team stressed out and stuff....if only the writers thought of that.

Fair enough give eddie a go as some of you would say but how about ryan and nat and frank dont they deserve a little more??? as weve always stated i honestly just dont think they are trying to come up with anything good.

As far as delko leaving and no one knowing why he left or not saying goodbye??? if the team is "so close" as they like us to believe they are... its pretty cold to just have delko walk on out or drive on out or what ever they are doing with him.

Are they just suppose to look around and say oh delkos chucking a sicky and as they all arrive h says oh by the way guys delkos left so jesse's the new guy??? even though you dont know him treat him like hes eric???

Im bitter along with you even though i wish adam all the best (i do admit though im a bit wtf ugly betty? but thats his choice) but the show is on a quick slide for me...... guess we'll have to wait and see as per usual.....

Ok im done......:)

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Interesting news about Adam's new gig. I really wasn't expecting to see him rush into another tv series so quickly, but more power to him, I wish him the best.

In regards to Eric leaving without saying so much as goodbye, I think it's simply because he won't officially be gone for good yet. As we're understanding it, he'll be popping back in through the season....who knows when, or how many episodes. It would seem a tad overdone if they did show him sharing all these long & sad goodbyes with the whole team & then he resurface a few months later for an episode -- it would make those " sappy goodbyes" seem pretty pointless, don't you think?
    If he wasn't returning until season 9 or later then I would be uptight over it, but imo, tptb leaving the goodbyes & explanations untold in epi 5 is just their way of setting up for his later return. We'll see.

6. delkolover

I had thought about it that way too....and it would seem like the most logical explanation but still I think it just seems odd that he, even though he will be back, doesn't at least say something to someone about his needing to take a break or a step back. He didn't have to have a sappy goodbye or a drawn out farewell b/c, like you said, we know Adam will be returning. I just meant, and looking back at my earlier post I really wasn't clear, that the character just up and pretty much disappearing as far as his co-workers are concerned was a little lame and odd.

They are supposed to be friends....all he had to do was simply say he is taking a break but will be "looking out" and/or "keeping in touch" with everyone but I just need to gain some perspective and take a break after everything that happened....especially since we know he will be popping "in and out" throughout the season and that they (tptb) seem to be touting the notion of "the team" and all.

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I think it is hard for me to want to like Jesse. They seem to be building him up to be this all around nice guy (maybe to counter all of the bad press he has been bringing lately) I know that actors move on because they have to, I for one am happy to know that Adam/Eric will be making appearances throughout the season. I would rather take him in & out rather than nothing at all.

I don't want to see TPTB make the same mistake as they did on CSI and make Jesse's character the forefront character. He will never replace Eric so they shouldn't try to make it that way (even though we all know they are)

I am going to try and make the best out of this season because I do enjoy the other characters on the show. I do hope that they will give an equal amount of screen time to the others that have taken a backburner the past few seasons.

Ryan, Natalia & Frank do deserve a good storyline. Don't try & make Jesse the hero standiing next to Super H. Let the others get something good.

8. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i guess the only thing we can do is just wait see what he's like on the show first and you never know you may or may not like him

9. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

So Adam wil be back for 7 episodes!

I am still keeping a neutral position about the Eddie guy. I know they are giving him a lot of attension on both the show, and its kinda annoying seeing as we do have other characters named: Frank, Natalia and Ryan, but maybe like someone said earlier this 'perfect' image may be an important build up for a story line later, you know when Eddie turns out to be in fact a terrorist or something?!

However, I got a bit annoyed when Eddie took Eric's spot during the credit...:shifty: Surely Ryan should get moved up and have 3 takes instead of the 2 he used to get.

10. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

^ Agreed. I mean, if Eric's spot needs filling in, Ryan, someone who's actually BEEN here and that we know and trust, should have taken it. Super annoying... I don't care if Eddie was here 12 years ago, Ryan's the one who's gone through so much crap to be a part of the current team.

11. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

12. delkolover

Seven eps huh? lets see so far we have 801,803 and 805....so that leaves 4 eps....can't wait to see how they are going to be spread out. I hope we get maybe one more before sweeps and then the rest in the back half of the season....he said he would be in and out throughout the season so for him to do all 7 eps right up front is not "in and out throughout" ;) If we get a 22 ep season...that means 15 eps w/o him :(:(

I am soooo not liking this arraignment and I really really think the writers and producers are going to be kicking themselves in some way this season as a result of letting him go and bringing in Eddie of all people!! All he is good for is eye candy b/c he can't act worth a damn and the fact that he looks relatively close lookswise to Adam :rolleyes: And they said he wasn't a replacement...what a crock :rolleyes::lol: This is sooo laughable!!

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't mind Eddie's acting that much. I mean he's not in the caliber of some of the other actors on the show, but still it could be much, much worse. They could have hired K-Fed! :guffaw:

I honestly don't think Eddie looks anything like Adam. I definitely think he's hot though. As for his character, I'm going to wait and see. I'll be annoyed if he's credited above the others. He should definitely be placed where Megalyn was last season, no doubt about that. And they can tag on an "also starring" or "with" before his name if they want, I don't care just as long as he is placed after those who've earned the right to be higher up in the credits.

I'm not exactly happy about Adam leaving. I am not happy with tptb's dealing of that. I do think the show would be fine without a new person coming in because they would still have that extra number because of Natalia (CSI wise). I mean, after Kim left the show, we had Horatio, Speed, Cal and Eric. Four CSIs. Then Speed left and we got Ryan and later Natalia. So we had H, Eric, Cal, Ryan and Natalia... five CSIs. So, when Eric leaves, we'd have four CSIs like we did with Speed and before Natalia came in. What's wrong with that? If they want to do two cases per ep, two characters work on case and two work the other case. :lol:

What's the fifth person particularly needed for? We've seen that with Natalia, the fifth has been shoved in the background more times than not. I'd just rather if they have to do that with any character now that it would be the new guy instead of one of the already established characters. I still don't think we needed a new guy, but whatever. I do like Eddie somewhat... so at least they didn't hire someone I couldn't stand. :lol:

I do hope Miami doesn't make the same mistake Vegas did as far as shoving the new guy down our throats. Hopefully that's only being done in the media outlets and once the show actually starts, things will be more balanced.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  14. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

that was my first impression. I was like...I thought he was NOT a replacement for Adam?!?!ooook!

As for the 5 and 4 CSI that ^^wrote about...well, H hardly works any crime scene since Natalia joined in, I think, its always been the variations of Eric, Cal, Nat and Ryan working the crime scenes in pairs. so i guess tptb wanted to keep that.

I agree. I think it will only be the first few episodes so the viewers could get used to this new face. I think what tptb is trying to do is get us to like this guy, as they think that half of the Adam fans will see him as a replacement/'intruder' to put it in a less civilised way.lol. So the more perfect this new Eddie guy is the more likely the fans are going to like him.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks so much for the caps. Yay - Natalia & Francis!! *wootwoot* :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.