Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The release for episode 802 "Hostile Takeover" came out today and *sniff* *sniff* Adam isn't even in the credits! :( Keep in mind that Eric is not in the episode anyway so my guess is, any ep he is in...he will be listed as "recurring" like Khandi is when she is on the show.

And yay Stetler is in the ep....he is supposed to be in 803 too! :D

And Wasabi I totally agree...they are jumping the gun with the whole use of the word "star." One ep hasn't even aired yet.....let's not jump the gun right?

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:brickwall: Ok, I'm not upset that Adam isn't in the credits, he's recurring, so ok, fine - but Eddie Cibrian in his spot above the other 3? No, that doesn't sit well with me at all. In the first episode they have him listed at the bottom, now he's in AR's spot ...ugh...this doesn't make me at all happy. Megalyn whatsherface took Khandi's position but she was still listed at the bottom!
    I know this sounds ridiculous that I'm nagging over the order of a stinking list, but COME ON! We don't even know what this guy is capable of bringing to the show aside from 6-pack abs & an asscrack!!! :scream:

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Im gonna try not to be atomically pissed off that Jesse is so high up in the credits. I know the way people are listed is pretty important...but...I'm just gonna bite my tongue on that one.

But...I SWEAR....If he's before Ryan in the opening credits of the show I am gonna FLIP A BOAT OVER!

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well get ready to flip a boat b/c usually how they "list" them in the credits is usually how they appear in the opening credits....take a look....Rex and ELR are the last two and ELR is the last face seen on the credits before they end.

He is not that even good of an actor!! I thinkt he only reason he is listed where he is, is b/c he is literally replacing Adam....and as much as the producers want to say he isn't...it is plainly obvious that he is :rolleyes: We have been d*cked over by tptb since him joining the show came out so nothing is suprising me anymore. The only thing that will shock me is if someone else leaves the show! If anyone else vacates this show....I am vacating it!!

Oh does anyone know what Adam said about this upcoming season in his "Good Day New York" interview?

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I pretty much thought how they were listed was how they appear in the opening credits too.
    That seems to be the standard on some of the shows where there have been replacements, which is not totally fair in most circumstances.

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

The 21st, I'll meet you at the dock. I have a sinking feeling that not only will Jesse be put before the others in the credits, but the whole front of the season is just going to be one Jesse Cardoza fest. Every series has done it. LV most recently with Langston. Sadly I think the decision to put so much spotlight on Langston ruined the show. Let's hope Miami doesn't go the same way.

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Need a hand with that? I'd be more than glad to help. Or I can bring more boats to flip over, if necessary.

...I just really hope it's not.

I swear, all this new guy stuff is making me love Ryan even more. I always liked him enough, even if he wasn't my absolute favorite character, but I've really warmed up to him a whole lot more since this Eddie Cibrian news came about.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm gonna remain optomistic because last year, in Vegas' press releases, in the credits, Lauren Lee Smith (Riley) was listed before Eric Szmanda (Greg) and a lot of the fans were peeved... but as it turned out, when the episodes with her in them finally aired, she was listed after Eric/Greg. Maybe Jesse will be listed after Ryan. But seriously, if they don't already, they should have an "also starring" or "with" before Eva and Rex if they're going to have them last. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jesse doesn't get billed before the others.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I hope you're right GNRF. I remember last season there were always problems with Kyle being listed as series regular or listed in the epi when he wasn't even there (something like that), so I do hope you're right & that this is just an oopsie -- but from reading the spoilers I just have the aggravating vibe that they're going to overload us with Jesse no matter where he comes in on the list.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I would hope that they wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. I would hope that they would learn from Vegas' mistake of overloading Langston and how a large majority of internet fans have spoken out against that. Surely Miami wouldn't want that to happen in this case. If they do this, it might just be career suicide. They've already lost Khandi and Rory... and now about to lose Adam. The show is probably standing on a short stick as it is. If they do this, they're going to make that stick even shorter and I'm not honestly sure if Miami can survive that. :lol:

11. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

they should've put eddie's name after eva if he's gonna be a regular

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm not a betting type of woman,but on this I would place a bet.I think they would do it. If they learned or will learn a lesson remains to be seen.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't want to see this create an "off screen" mess & then we wind up losing Eva or Jon over it. I'll forever resent tptb if that were to happen.
    It doesn't seem that they're even remotely trying to introduce him carefully though, & that's what's really bugging me -- it just spells disaster. They (tptb) are waltzing him in here as a newbie but having us believe he has a solid & strong relationship with the team already, there will be no Jesse learning the ropes or adjusting to the team/lab/csi work, he's just gonna slide right in, & I don't care for that.
    What was wrong with having Eric leave & then the team be short-staffed for awhile? I would have loved to see them all overworked & tense - again tptb miss out on the opportunity to throw in a little reality.

14. InferiMaster

InferiMaster Dead on Arrival

Bringing Eddie Cibrian on the show is a really bad move, in my opinion. Let's be honest about this: TPTB only brought this guy on the show to be eye candy (in his second episode he takes his shirt off to stop someone from bleeding. That's the cliché move of an eye candy type of male character) and a replacement because of Eric. Which is stupid because the team could go on without a new colleague. They only solve a crime per episode (or day, whatever) and a team of four people is enough (counting with H). Only in Las Vegas and NY they need a big team because they sometimes solve two crimes in one episode/day. For them, it makes sense. For Miami, not so much.

I seriously have this feeling that with the Eddie Cibrian on the show, we'll see other important characters that don't appear as much as they should (Ryan, Natalia, Frank) a lot less than we already have and they won't get the storylines they deserve. And I swear, if this happens, Miami is going loose me as a faithful watcher. I already watch the show basically because of Ryan/Jon (since the writers are fans of plotholes, unbelievable plots and Horatio 'I'm-the-hero-damnit!' Caine moments) so if he appears less than 10min in a 45min episode, I'm going to be royally p*ssed with someone and move on to something else.

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Better leave some room for me as well. If this does end up happening, so much for Jon's, Eva's and Rex's length of time on the show.
    I'm so afraid it's going to be "all Jesse, all the time". I am hoping not, but I have a sneaking suspicion.......

I agree. But what should happen and what will happen seem to be two different things on this show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.