Mac ♥ Stella # 17 - 'Cause you can't fake chemistry like that...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Stepherweps, Jul 6, 2009.

?

Mac ♥ Stella #17 -

Poll closed Jul 8, 2009.
  1. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause you can't fake chemistry like that...

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause Talk CSI Smack fans want it... NOW!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - Just the 2 of us, we can make it if we try...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - One couple, too hot for words...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - They Belong Together. Would Smack fans lie to you?

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause coffee grounds say he will be forever by her side...

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause she's the only woman in his life...

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - 'Cause the coffee grounds agree with us.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - When friendship turns to love...

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. Mac ♥ Stella #17 - The truth is in the coffee...

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Speaking of that scene when Stella tells Mac to back off and remind him he cant save everyone and Mac says He just needed to hear it from her I am curious to read all of your interptations of that smile on Stellas face what do you think of there exchange and meaning in that conversation?...Besides the obvious I mean?

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hi Family!~ Today I am wearing green in celebration of GFD! The episode that changed SMACked as we knew it.

This is what I was yelling at the screen all season :lol:

I love that! :adore: I love what he's saying because I can kind of apply it to them...I mean, he's come to her rescue before and that smile kind of shows that she loves him...I so need to see that episode again.

I don't think I could say anything other then the obvious. It's a secret smile that is telling us that she loves him :adore: Just my opinion.

Here's that smile:
    [​IMG]

And a GFD pic:

[​IMG]

Talk to you all soon. Love ya.

Axel

3. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Good morning my Dear SMACsters

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh, i agree, the scene in the office where they talked about ella was pure smacked and it was great, it was just that one line when they were standing outside his office and i just cringed - the line just seemed a little ooc i guess, it was SO corny.:guffaw:

that smile is great. him saying he needed to hear it from her was kind of like confirmation that she is more than just a right hand colleague, and her smiling was - at least i thought - like she was really pleased that *finally* he'd (a) realised it and (b) sort of admitted it. but only sort of of course, this is mac we're talking about:guffaw:

the more i go back over s5 - because i only saw it once on tv, i now have the dvd - the more i see little smacked scenes i missed before, i think maybe it's that having seen GFD now they all have a slightly different meaning that i didn't know was there before. obviously i wasn't unaware of the chemistry or whatever but it's almost like those little scenes are the admission by the writers etc that they see it too and may (or may not, obviously!) be consciously building something up.

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Hi guys!
    The wanderer returns! Nice to see the Smacked family is growing and we're on thread 17 already, woohoo! Lots of nice Smacked pics around, nice memories of some wonderful looks and moments. Caught the end of the repeat of Forbidden Fruit here last night, and that fight is definitely more a 'lovers' fight than a 'boss-employee' fight. Love how sad they both looked at the end. I love not just how Stella isn't afraid to stand up to Mac when she thinks she's right, but how he isn't afraid to stand up to her 'cause of her temper! He's not scared to fight with her, and I think that shows a deep level of trust and also that he can handle her!
    Ok, haven't seen it yet, but I gather there's some hint of Stella and Adam possible romance? Nah, I don't see it. Adam may have a lil crush on Stella, but I can't see him either having a fling with her (neither of them are the type for that) or a long term relationship because she's just so strong-willed and passionate, and she needs someone to rein her in when she starts going out of control. I can see Adam loving her strong will and passion, but he's too laid back a guy to dare try to rein her in the way Mac can. I see Adam maybe getting something going with the new girl, and maybe turning to Stella for dating advice? That would be cute! And Stella wouldn't have something with Adam, I've never seen any attraction to him from her, he is more like her little brother, or her kid. She protects him and cares for him. This isn't just Smack bias because I could actually see Stella having a relationship with Hawkes or Flack (though I don't ship either possible relationship, I can see the possibility for it) but just not with Adam. They have their own special chemistry, but it's not romantic/UST kinda chemistry. I agree with the person here (sorry, forget who) who compared them to Mac and Ella - Mac cares for Ella but he doesn't want anything romantic/sexual with her, ditto Stella and Adam. I'm hoping in terms of 'love' stuff, Hawkes and Adam will be the ones to get 'new' interests, if anyone does, and Mac and Stella will be left single and closer than before because of what happened in GFD.

I also read Danny will be in a wheelchair, so hopefully we will get to see Mac and Stella coming together to help him and Lindsay, and help each other too - I read another spoiler that said everyone on the team will be affected by what happened, so hopefully we'll get some nice emotional stuff between them. I read somewhere else that Melina said she didn't think Mac and Stella would be moving their relationship to the romantic level this season, but I really hope we see greater closeness as a result of what happened in plastic Greece.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly! i love that about them.

i think you're right about adam too, what you said about him being too laid back to rein her in made me laugh, but you're absolutely right!

7. Mac's Girl

Mac's Girl Witness

Ah it'll take more than insane fangirls to scare me lol. I fit right in here :guffaw:

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Smackies,

at least Mary has a bit of a heart for Mr. Fireman :lol:. Darlings, accept him at least as a substitute, for your Smacked thing won´t happen in the next 27 seasons :p.

My beloved Lamb,

Opposites attract, Stella can teach the fire boy the one or other intellectual lesson, and she´ll make him learn fast, believe me :D. And I put pillows under dead people´s heads every day, that´s part of my job (well, so guess what I do for a living ;) ), so what he did was a nice gesture :lol:.

Axel, I´m always serious, no kidding at all: the fireman will return with impact :D.

Hugs to you all :)

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey all, just dropped in to check out the lovely conversation going on here.

I do love them when they match. You wonder if they share the same closet.:lol:

I'm convinced that they do live together. They dance around each other not knowing or fully knowing how they feel just not knowing what to say.
    That's why Stella went out with the fireman and Mac sort of flirted with Gillian. She wasn't bad, but I didn't see any sparks with her and Mac.
    Same with Stella and the fireman guy. He was cute and all, but nothing was between them.

So, that's my theory on why both Stella and Mac saw other people last season. They still can't (even after Grounds for Deception) say what they need to.

But, you know what, that's okay with me. I want to see them take their relationship... SLOW.. more hand holding, more hugs, more secret looks that no one else sees. That sort of thing. More mentions of Claire even.

Mac loved Claire, Gary said in an interview early in the show's history that Claire was the love of his life. I think Mac struggled for a long time to admit he could love Stella. So mentioning Claire could help clear the air about how he felt about both women. I also think Stella would appreciate that from Mac knowing that yes, he did love his wife. ( I also smell a fanfic out of that scenario ;) )

Okay enough rambling.. :lol:

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Kalimera se olous, Family!

Heather my dear--->
    Poor Mac He struggled because he couldn't do anything different. He lost Claire under special circumstances and it took years to him to recover. And the one who helped him to come back alive is Stella. She was the only one who finally made it possible (i still remember how worried she was and how she helped him in American Dreamers:drool:)
    I wish i could believe they are so living together. That was our special dream, remember? But one thing is for sure: they leave close enough now because now they leave the lab together when before that, Stell said they lived in opposites sides of the city
    So it would be ok if Mac could mention Claire because he loves Stella because she is Stella, she is nobody's replacement. I mean, Mac could have lived forever and ever in darkness but he decided to go on and his best friend, his companion, was there when he was lost, she was his strength:thumbsup:

Mac's girl--_>
    :lol: well, i have warned you!;) but it's always a pleasure to find more crazy members of our Family!

G! G! G! so happy to have you back!:thumbsup:

I love my Stella's temper:lol: I hope some day she will trhow something to him to his head. Probabbly childish but highly enjoyable;)
    In those spoiler piccies he seems to be falling for the new chick and he would be just adorable!

And regarding 5.16 scene i believe Stella wanted and need to hear that from Mac (the fact he needed to hear her advice) and he didn't realise why it was so important to him to get her approval. he only knew he DID need it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

That would be nice. I think Mac talking to Stella about Claire would be really special, because it shows that he trusts her enough to talk about Claire and his feelings for her and his grief for her. I loved that scene in The Closer (ep 22 in s1) where he talked about how powerless he felt on 9/11, Stella looked like she wanted to cry for him! But that was the first time since Blink that he'd opened up to anyone about Claire. That he felt able to trust Stella with the fact that he felt powerless is very important IMO because it is hard for Mac to talk about his feelings, admit to any weakness (feeling powerless) and that he did so to Stella in season 1 shows how much he trusts her.
    Same goes for when she talked to him about her doubts about dating again after Frankie. Really nice, sweet, bonding, scene that showed the trust between them.
    I agree with you also about neither of them being quite ready yet to admit how they feel. As Mac pointed out in Time's Up, they're similar in that they're cautious when it comes to relationships. IMO this is because they have both been hurt in the past. Also, I think both would be worried about risking their friendship because after Mac losing Claire and Stella being so hurt by that *beep* Frankie, their friendship (only it's so much more than just a friendship!) is really important to them.

Oh, that was lovely. She was the only one who could bring him out of his shell, and make him smile. I freakin' love American Dreamers.:drool:

Good point! I never thought of that. I like the way your mind works, and have missed it, Debbie!

Exactly. I don't think Mac would want to replace Claire, or Stella would want to do that. Mac loves Stella for who she is, not as a replacement for Claire. Though I think they may have personality traits (going after what they want for example) that he likes in his ladies.

Welcome, MacsGirl!

Happy to be back. I've not been on this site much for a while, just been busy watching DVDs (just finished watching s2 of House on DVD) and working and doing lots of reading. Plus what with CSI NY being on hiatus in the States, there's no 'new' Smacked stuff to talk about. But I have missed being here!
    How are you, how is work? I hope all is good with you!

I love my Stella's temper:lol: I hope some day she will trhow something to him to his head. Probabbly childish but highly enjoyable;)[/quote]
    That would be funny. It would be nice to see her apologizing to him later, he'd forgive her, even if she hit with him with whatever she threw at his head.:lol: If Danny or anyone else threw something at Mac, he'd probably suspend them, but he lets his Stella get away with so much more. Seriously, bosses don't let their employees sit on their desks the way Stella sits on Mac's, or argue with them the way Stella does with Mac.

I agree. In FF, I think she needed to hear from him that she should look at things in the Diakos situation from his point of view. He told her he had to be responsible for everything that happened, and IMO that's why she hid going after Diakos from him, to protect him so if it all went wrong he wouldn't get in so much trouble because he didn't know about it and she went against his orders. She didn't want to put his career on the line as well as her own. She was willing to let Angell and Danny potentially risk their careers by helping her break the rules, but she seemed determined to keep Mac out of the loop, to protect him. Mac, of course, would risk everything for her, and she must know that.

Ah, I have missed the Smackedness so much!
    *does Happy Crazy Smacked Lady Gutter Thoughts Girl Dance*

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Mac can and has mentioned Claire around Stella and she has in fact encouraged that Love, remember when she told him he could share her with Reed because he still held her in his heart? Stella does not feel threatened by that love like...:rolleyes:"her":rolleyes: and Mac can feel completley open with Stella. Macs love for Claire is and was for Claire and his Love for Stella is and will be for Stella and since it is in the present it can only grow deeper and deeper. I lost a Love long ago to a car accident and have been married to my "new" Love for ....a very long time. And it just keep getting deeper and growing because every day is a new day to add. My "Old" Love is a very cherished memory that can not be replaced or compared to, kind of Frozen in time... my first Love if you will. And the one I Love now is a treasure to my heart, my very dearest friend not to be compared but to be treasured. Mac Loved Claire for who she was as it is with Stella, and I think he is finding it harder to deny. I am really getting a strong feeling that they will be together sooner then we think.

By the way Welcome Macs girl great to have you here!

13. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hey Family!~

So, I watched GFD last night :adore: and my mom came and joined me and Amanda. She hadn't seen it before so I couldn't squeal or anything :( But anyway, she liked the episode :adore:

The first scene was so intense. Stella looked like she was going to cry and then when she said that she'd do it again, Mac gave her this look that made me think HE was going to cry. It was so emotional and great :adore:

I love how in the peach orchard, the minute a shot is fired, he grabs her arm and pushes her into safety and asks her if she was okay :adore: It was so cute, because it shows that Mac is scared for her safety. I also love how the minute he sees her door is open in the hotel, he un clips his gun thing :adore:

Watching it again has just made me realize some more of it's amazingness :adore: I really hope for some GFD-type scenes in season 6 :) Even a scene like the one where they make the thing to figure out if the stuff on the glove is calcium carbonate would be great 'cause they're working together.

Mac's best move ever :adore:

[​IMG]

Talk to you all soon. 13 days til the premiere!!!! Love ya!

Axel

P.S. Mac talking about Claire with Stella would be so great :adore:

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

whereas she definitely knew why it was so important for him, but couldn't push the issue and that's why she did that little smile, because him asking her was about as close as she could get (for the time being) as him saying outright how much he values her. it was a lovely scene :)

yeah, gotta love that - it was so swoon inducing!:guffaw::drool:

15. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Ma Famille! Je te manque!

Okay so it's been a day but still! I missed you guys!

It was! :adore: I love how he put his arms right around her pretty much and pulled her closer to him :adore: If that doesn't show you love them, then I don't know what does...

I really wish I'd taken bio. Apparently, the bio teacher shows episodes of CSI in her class. Whether she shows CSI: NY or not is a mystery. But I'd probably get in trouble if I started watching it in class 'cause I'd be screaming at the screen and everybody would be looking at me like "What the hell?" :D

It would be worse if she showed SMACked episodes, because then I wouldn't be able to concentrate on what I'm supposed to be looking for. I'd just be so engrossed with the SMACked stuff :adore:

Anyway, my friend's taking bio, so I'll just ask her about it :) Talk to you all soon. Love ya.

Axel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.