Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

Wow I haven't been in here for like ages....! Still don't like e/c though
    Season's finale was a nightmare for me at least. It is a bit difficult to keep watching the show and having TPTB throwing e/c scenes all over the place (and I am not talking only about the finale) It's just so damn frustrating!
    Anyhow I just hope that this thing they want to call a 'romantic relationship' end in the first couple of episodes of season8! Cause right now end seems to be the only solution, they reached a dead end!
    And please oh please let the first episode be only about how Eric became a CSI and not about to show us that from the very beginning they were meant to be...cause I might throw up...:scream:

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You know I love ya, Flo - but I have to respectfully disagree on this one. I think there is still time to save Eric. There is still a potential for a storyline with him because the changes we've seen happened after he was shot. There is a possibility for a believable explanation for his very strange and hard to stomach behavior.

I wouldn't cry if he left, but if they decide to focus and get him back on track he can still be saved.

Again, I respectfully disagree. I think the destruction of Calleigh is so complete that she just can't be salvaged.

You're absolutely right! ;)

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Good points, Delynn.
    There is such a huge difference in HOW Eric & Calleigh have both been destroyed. Eric has an "excuse", & I hate to use that term but like you said, his behavior, his loss of sex appeal, & his "lap-dog" personality came from his injury, which can reverse when/if the character is able to pull himself out of the slump he's in.
    Calleigh on the other hand can't go back. The things that we see she's done wrong is something that tptb don't even acknowledge - they want her to be this way, as scary as that is. There's just nothing for her to overcome whereas with Eric he has something major he needs to overcome & that's the aftermath of his injuries - he can do it if given the opportunity, which is another reason why I think his character is more expandable & has the ability to further develop, unlike Calleigh. Calleigh has no aftermath & nothing to overcome, so IMO, there is no chance of her being the same person she was before, & in all honesty, even if they tried to bring her back, I couldn't see past the person who I see now, which is someone who, sadly, I see as very selfish & hypocritical.

For that matter I do not think Eric will ever be the same Eric Delko from before the shooting either, but under the right circumstances he has the ability to at least be a better man, gain his self-confidence once again, & stop being so dependant on others -- Calleigh, imo, cannot help him with this though -- she only tends to make it worse in my eyes.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

No worries hon. ;). It's perfectly normal. As we said, it's just a matter of who our fav. character/actor is, nothing else.

And, quite frankly, I'm glad that we (I mean everyone) don't agree with eachother on this topic 'cause otherwise that would be scary :p

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You're absolutely right, Flo. I do so love my discussions with you. ;)

Gotta say that I truly believe that, at this point, both Calleigh and Eric could leave and the show would survive. It would take a hit in the ratings, but I don't think it would be a death blow.

However, I really don't want to see both go. Like I said before I think Eric is salvageable. I truly think it would be a much better show without Calleigh at this point.

I think without all the Calleigh drama, they might have a chance at returning to a good, solid crime and forensic drama. It could be a real chance to get away from all this soap opera stuff.

While I do worry about parsing out the precious little screen time available after Natalia, Ryan, Frank and even Horatio, have all taken a backseat to E/C, I'm really hopeful that this new character (especially since it looks like he and Horatio have a past aquaintance) could be the start of a whole new team.

6. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I completely agree with you Delynn. The more drama they give to Calliegh and the whole e/c thing the more it takes away from the point and purpose of the show. I truly do hope that they split up sometime during the upcomming season. I honetly think that the show would come up wth better storylines, crime drama, intresting villans (since we haven't had one since Clavo Cruz) ect if tptb got rid of Calliegh and the e/c "relationship".

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well, apparently the relationship will be rocky come epi 2, so hopefully this will be the time that tptb bring in other storylines for the other characters & this romance can be put on the shelf. If they use the pattern they always tend to use then it likely will be mentioned a few times, then fade & tptb will simply keep the viewers guessing.
    What I find sadly predictable ( & sad I did the research, lol) is that TPTB have had all the Miami relationships come to a hault leaving the viewers to wonder thier fate on the 10th episode following thier official union -- Eric/Natalia, exactly on the 10th episode there was something to dampen the relationship. Calleigh & Jake, again the 10th episode (Stand your Ground)-- season premiere is the 10th episode following E/C's "togetherness".
    Pattern is that they take this time to keep viewers playing the guessing game, throwing in bits & pieces but still leaving it unclear, then usually a new storyline rolls in & it's thrown out the window. We'll see how tptb play this out.

All I know is that there are plenty of good storylines out there that could be played out, & we should not have to sit through more of e/c's garbage just because some fans want it. I don't particularly care how long anyone has waited for them to become lovers, or how long it took them to play "will they won't they" -- fact is they played that already, they got together already, & now there are issues, so imo, it's time to let it go -- the fans got thier giggle for a good 2 1/2 seasons -- it's past due for the other characters to sit front & center & not have to be manipulated into playing off this dreadful couple as if they are the only existance on this show.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh I so love them too ;)

Totally agree with you on this ;)

Well as much as it sounds sad, I'd love TPTB to follow theire usual pattern even for this highly spoken couple. At least there won't be more drama concerning these two 'cause I'm really done with it :rolleyes:.

9. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

You can beat me, but i didn't read all what you wrote there *blush*. Sorry if i'm don't write something new :)

About EC leaving. I'm thinking show is survive, it's all depends of tptb. If they write good plot, bring new interesting characters and etc. I'd would love to believe that Eric and Calleigh can back to normal. That after romance (or while they together) they can come back to individuals. Because now i see a two-headed CSI without sex, cuz sometimes i don't know who more girly Eric or Calleigh, and sometimes see that Calleigh is the man, so i don't know what sex it is. Sorry EC fans for this ;)

Me! I thinking Miami was boring and i didn't watch it, but because of Jon i start watching and find other good things in the show. But now all it gone and i'm watching only bacause of Jon.

10. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

I stop watching last season when i found out that they were gonna put Eric and Calleigh together. I stop liking Eric since he got shot because he became someone different and i dont like that person. Also the whole E/C shipping is taking Ryan's and Natalia's screentime. it just really bugs me that Calleigh suddenly has feeling for Eric, i mean they have worked together for like what 5 years, without feeling anything and now they are maddly in love? i just dont get it.

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:lol: I see I'm not the only one who didn't see this romance building from the beginning as TPTB keep telling us it did.

I think the way they are re-writing history to make the season 8 premier work tells us how much they care about the importance of what has come before and staying true to the characters. They don't care!

I mourn the loss of Calleigh. I truly loved that character. I still think we can save Eric. He's got a reason for his completely out of character behavior. The bullet in his head.

Unfortunately, Calleigh has no excuse. :(

12. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Hey, maybe they(doctors) take bullet from his head and all this gone with it? Sweet dreams :rolleyes:

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Actually, Orla_Dark, I have also dreamed that dream, hon. Let's dream together! ;)

14. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I doubt it! Thought it would be nice. Ok here is my optomistic POV about everything in genereal: I can't see tptb dragging on e/c forever. As MJ pointed out earlier every 10 episode a something happens to dampen a relationship. In this case since the premire will be the 10th e/c episode and with what is comming out about 8.02 spoilers that tptb will start to wrap up this deadful storyline. It serves no purpose in this show and has taken it over. I honestly think that if the writers had spent more time writting storylines for other characters and exploring where they could go with characters like Horatio, Ryan, Natalia, Frank and even Valera to a degree that e/c would NOT have gotten together this season and possibly not at all, which in all honesty would have been a very excellent thing.

15. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I agree with you, Mrs.DelkoWolfe. It seems like very few other characters got any real storylines. If Miami continues on this course, it will end up being a career-killer for the other actors. I sometimes wonder whether this was the real reason Khandi Alexander left. Did she see the proverbial writing on the wall?
    I work with other folks who aren't as much into Miami as I am, and even they agree, it's turning into the "Eric Loves Calleigh" show. :angryrazz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.