Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Lol well said MJ. If e/c is flavor then it's one I don't like and wish that TPTB would stop trying to shove down my throat as a good tasting substance.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^^ What pisses me off is that there are other characters that could be adding flavor with personal storylines -- not just Eric & Calleigh, or E/C . "Flavor" doesn't always have to come in a gag-worthy romantic package, so it really irks me that this woman even has the nerve to say this shit about e/c when what she SHOULD HAVE been saying, on top of the H & his team comment, is that anything they do with ALL the characters & their personal lives will be flavor!!!

3. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Now the question s weather or not she knows there are other characters in this show. This just lowers the expectation that season 8 will be sifting the focus off of e/c. Instead it's probably going to keep them in the lime light. It's things like this that ruins good shows. Nat and Ryan have some really funny moments on screen that could be used as flavor and Nat and Eric despite the chemistry and sexual tension they could have some funny moments too that could be used as flavor. Where is it written that e/c is the only flavor?? This is really tiresome and sickening.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It all depends on when she actually made this comment though. Just cause it was in a recent article doesn't necessarily mean she said it for the new season -- I didn't see the magazine though so I don't know for sure when her statement was actually pulled & then written in the mag.
    If she said this in regards to the new season then it doesn't give much hope to seeing other characters in the limelight. It'll be the typical dramatic overload of E/C -- one epi they're fine, the next there's tension, then they'll be fine again, next something huge will happen worse than the finale, they'll have a fight, then one will die or Eric will turn into a woman, boom, the end, whatever.

5. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Agreed. Hopefully the new season will be alot better.

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: How did you come up with that!!? <falls over laughing and crying>

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Yes I was referring to Delko being expendable. As far can I am concerned he could fall off into the planet and never return to Miami. They can find a better replacement, one that is compotent and doesn't need to be lead around by the hand.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:lol: Love the way you're concerned. Totally agree with you!

Also, as much as it hurts me to say so, I agree on the fact Calleigh can't go anywhere either :rolleyes:. But if I had to pick one of the two just for the sake of the whole plot of the show, I'd certainly eliminate Eric.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree, if they continue him down this pathetic path -- there is no use for a character like that on this show, save it for the soap opera I say.
    I admit, this man was my favorite character for most of the series, but he's lost alot of his appeal since the shooting. It's hard for me to look at him & not want to play whack-a-mole with that bald head of his. They ruined his character for me, but I do feel there's a chance to bring him out of it. If they can bring themselves to do that, then ok, bring him on - otherwise let him die cause I can't stand to see him so pathetic & lost.

For the sake of the whole plot, I'd actually eliminate Calleigh, & for one solid reason -- I could BUY Eric's emotional reactions to her being gone (though I will always believe his injury & the aftermath that came with it was more of what brought this "love" on rather than true feelings) - I would not ever buy Calleigh's though.
    I'm just thinking in the long run, & I'd hate to watch either one of them painfully display some god awful greiving *gag*, but I could see more on Eric's part than I could with Calleigh, & I couldn't see where it would lead her either, though with Eric I could see a darker side evolve or something to that effect that could further develop him whereas with Calleigh, all she'd likely do is sit around & mope cause it's all she's done the past 2 seasons anyway.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  9. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

I have to agree on both counts. Ever since Eric got shot he's been like a lost puppy and it's gotten worse since he start this "relationship" with Calliegh. But for the sake of believeability I would say to eliminate Calliegh. There is soooo much more they could do with Eric especially if they brought back the old Delko from before he got shot.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well let's face it. They're both at a dead end. I mean both these characters are ruined and I do think it's almost impossible for both of them to get back to what they used to be.

While there's the possibility of removing Delko's bullet and, probably, things could improve, there's no way he can be the sexy guy he used to be anymore, not even with the great idea of the 1997 flashback, at least to me. To my eyes Eric Delko is dead.
    Trust me I'm having a really hard time watching him in every episode without wanting to kill him off with my own hands. And he was one of my fav. characters too.

As for Calleigh she's not that far from Delko. She was my absolutely fav. character, but they literally destroyed her.

The perfection, to me, would be both of them to be gone, but it would ruin the show in terms of rating. Let's face if both o them left the show, TPTB and the other actors would have to look for another job.
    So if I wanted to pick up one of the two, I'd pick up Eric Delko, as for the character (just b/c I can't stand him anymore!). Though, I'd pick up Calleigh too, so that she could leave this soap opera land, even if her character is already destroyed :rolleyes:

But, then again, it's just a matter of who your fav. character/actor is so this is subjective :p

11. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

Ok im not meaning to be disagreeing or agreeing with any sides i do feel they have slowly killed both e/c characters and even though its a totally off subject for me they killed horatio's character too with the almighty im untouchable thing going on but the only way to pull e/c out of what ever hole it is that the writers have dug for them is....

To stop giving them so much drama ...honestly im sure if someone had that much drama in their life do you really think theyd keep showing up on a daily basis with their best smiles and prettiest outfits??

Just speaking from experience my bro who is a policeman had his days and sometimes when the days job is so hard he comes home upset and wants to quit even sometimes taking a few days off and a few counselling sessions but you see my point anyways

E/C are not the only members of the cast and they need to stop focusing on them so much and making us the viewers hate/dislike what use to be our favourite characters, although i do prefer calleigh who use to have a heart and smile and joke alot and the ever confident delko who was fun to watch instead of a two little lost children who are always needing one another what ever happened to the strong team effort??? and confident personalities???

Ok i think im done .....writers no more E/C DRAMA!!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to disagree with this. If CSI Vegas can survive after losing THREE key characters (one even killed off), especially since one was the leading man, then I think Miami could survive if both Cal and Eric left. Not that I'd want them both to, but I'm just saying.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree with you on this. Though, I have to say that at least, Horatio is funny to watch. I always have to chuckle more than once while watching him :lol:

Well I didn't think about this while posting, but you're right about LV. But I have to say that I think it was absolutely weird and I'm still shocked by it. When Gil left, I sooo thought that the show was going to crumble, but it never happened and I'm glad for it.

I guess that the only explanation for this is that with LV you never get too devoted to a specific character so that once he/she'll leave the show, you'll never be too shocked by it to quit watching the show.

On Miami I do think that a possible Calleigh's or Eric's departure could hurt too many people who watch this show. Let's not forget that many many people watch the show just because of the actors who play in it. I'm talking about Emily, Adam, Jonathan and Eva and yes even David Caruso.
    Jus for example how many people, who never watched the show, decided they had to watch it since Jonathan Togo joined it?
    Right the opposite thing happened when Rory Cochrane left the show? How many people quitted watching it just b/c of his departure?
    So yeah Calleigh's departure would hurt millions of fans. Delko's departure would hurt millions of other fans. A possible departure of both of them....end of the show, just in terms of number. Why? Because we know a lot of stuff about them and we're attached to them, both character and actor/actress.

At least that's the main difference I see between LV and Miami ;)

14. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

I agree. The more they forced them together the more of what we loved about them disappeared and now there s hardly anything left.

I can see what your saying but I think the best way to get them out of the hole they're in is for them to either slipt the two up for good, or for one person to leave the show. TPTB can't have a perfectly happy couple on the show it goes against their pattern.

This I agree with. TPTB have forced e/c down people's throats and it's sickening. Putting the focus on them so much (and at all) has started to be the downfall of the show and has started to annoy a lot of people (and I'm not just saying this because I'm an EDeN shipper). I had a conversation with an e/c shipper friend of mine who told me point blank that she rather they split up for good then to have the writers keep ruining the characters.

That's what everyone else is wondering. It's sad to say, but as long as e/c is on there will me no team spirit or confident personalities. IMO the show will soon have to be renamed from CSI: Miami to The Dramatic Adventures of Eric and Calliegh. As long ad the two are in their so called "relationship" they will continue to be the focus and eventually cause the end of the show.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I somewhat agree. Horatio isn't "dead" to me, & yes he get's loads of drama, but I think the difference is that H's drama doesn't tie him down to one specific person whereas with E/C everything revolves around them & no one else, which always manages to make the team feel divided. They play off each other in almost every given scenario, while Horatio at least has his drama "recurring" - he's still able to seperate himself & be there for his team when his drama isn't in play.

I wouldn't want both to leave either, but I do kinda agree that they could survive, cause all tptb have to do is bring in some big names & then those fans of said big names would likely follow. I still think there's a chance of the characters surviving this death trap of a romance if one would exit or they simply split them up & let them be individuals again, otherwise TPTB will just continue down the same "dramatic" path & continue ruining thier characters all for the sake of this "romance".
    Exactly, which is why thier only way out of this is character departure, or break up.

Agree completely. We've seen tptb's idea of team spirit since starting the e/c exploring, & there hasn't been any -- it won't get any better as long as they're a couple. D/L on NY manages to still have team moments because one of that party (Lindsay) is more in the background -- E/C are not background characters, they have the majority of screentime so of course what we then wind up seeing is Horatio leading the case, E/C as a team of thier own, & then Ryan & Natalia as the little helpers -- it's bullshit -- it doesn't show a real team working together to solve crimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.