Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Well, in all fairness, it is possible to be in love with or like someone even if you're dating someone else. It's just not usually a good idea. :lol: Even though I'm an E/C shipper, I don't think Eric was in love with Calleigh, or vice versa during Season 4.

And I never got the impression that Calleigh and Peter Elliot actually dated...ever. To me, it looked like they shared a mutual attraction, and from Calleigh's perspective it seemed like they were going to go on a "first date" of sorts the day she found out about his fiance. And then it was "whoops, guess that's not gonna happen after all!"

I saw reconciliation between Eric and Natalia, but I didn't really see it as romantic. I got the impression that they'd forgiven and forgotten, and were moving towards friendship. I also didn't think that Calleigh was necessarily "in love" with Jake. Dating ≠ in love. But I suppose that's all a matter of personal opinion. ;)

Eh, I disagree. You, of course are free to have your own opinion, and I'm not about to tell you that you're wrong, because you're not.

To be fair, though, we don't know for sure if Calleigh and horse-dude had a romantic date or not. They spent time riding horses together. We don't know what happened after that, if anything, and we don't know if Calleigh even saw him like that. Personally, I thought that she was more in love with the horses than the horse-dude himself. :lol:

And in Calleigh's defense, she can't be expected to put her life on hold because she knows that Eric "likes her likes her". He's never actually asked her to go on a date or anything like that.

I didn't see Calleigh as insecure- I think she was more concerned than anything. Eric's biological father obviously had, and still has, pretty strong ties to the Russian mafia. I'd be surprised if she didn't show some concern for his safety even if they were just friends at that point.

Again, I'll play devil's advocate, but maybe that's part of the reason why Calleigh doesn't want Eric to be involved with his father: she's been in that position of going out on a limb for family, and it could have cost her a lot. She doesn't want Eric making the same kind of mistake.

Well, having your biological father in your life isn't necessarily a good thing. Calleigh was "lucky" enough to have an alcoholic father. Eric at least had two parents who obviously loved him very much, even if his "father" wasn't biologically related to him.

I agree that Calleigh should support what Eric wants to do, but to a point. I think she can still disagree with what he wants to do, and at the same time say "But this is your choice, and I'm not going to try to make you change your mind" UNLESS Eric is putting himself or others in harm's way.

I see what you're saying, but Calleigh didn't have much of a choice. I doubt she would've asked him for his phone if he hadn't already lied to her about who was on the phone in the previous episode. There's obviously a trust issue now, but in my opinion, it didn't start with Calleigh. And again, in my opinion, she wasn't asking because she's controlling, but because she was concerned for his safety.

I don't think Eric "deserved" what he got, and certainly not because he lied to Calleigh. I think the reason that he's obviously in a bind is because of his own actions. And it's important to remember that a relationship is about two people, not just one. Eric doesn't have to get "approval" from Calleigh, but he should communicate with her.

Another matter of opinion, but I considered that whole scene to be a giant brainfart on the part of TPTB. You don't tell someone that you trust them with every fiber of your being when you don't even know what their sister looks like.

Also, it may not have been right for Calleigh to jump to conclusions, but Eric's reputation as a womanizer/being late for girl issues/etc. was his own doing.

Well, Calleigh also asks him if he needs anything at the end of the episode, and then says that she has his back. ;)

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I need to butt in here for just a second.

Well then I guess you & I, & also you & writer/producer Corey Miller have a completely different impression of what is romantic & what is friendship, because that scene in 'Going Under' (Season 5 pre-brain damage) was not looking like 2 ex-lovers who just wanted to be friends, & Corey himself wrote in his blog for that episode, that Eric & Natalia were rekindling their heat from season 4. So, I do strongly disagree with the idea that those 2 were just aiming towards a friendship. In most cases, 2 people who just wanted to be friends would have at least made the comment of just being friends, not getting in the others' faces in a flirty manner & the other replying "yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about". Enter Nick Townshend a few epis later & we still see Eric being played off her, this time protective & telling none other than Calleigh Duquesne herself that he was concerned for Natalia. Few epis later you have a Delko/Nick fight, one epi later you have Delko fighting with another abusive jerk who's roughing around his latino dark-haired wife (coincidence?), following epi *boom* Eric is shot in the head left with amnesia & serious brain damage (enter, Natalia who?). No where in between did I see closure nor did I see 2 people communicate/discuss being "just friends".

There, I said what I needed to say. Carry on.

3. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Thank you for that brief interlude MJ!:thumbsup: Now onto more buisness!

Just a friendly word of advice that if you are and e/c shipper this probably is NOT the tread for you to be in.

Actually when she found out about his fiancee she offerd to take him for a whole dinner, however, the way the converstion went implied that they had been on a date or dates before hand. Yes they were attracted to each other but you have to remember that most of the time Peter worked in Washington so they probably went out on a few dates and maybe he flew down to see her when her had tim, but the two had a lot more than mutual attraction.

The reconciliation was definately heading toward romance again the spark and the fire between then was there. The stares and eye contact was too telling. Sorry but love was in the air until he got shot. Calliegh on the other hand was sooo in love with Jake. For example in Bang Bang Your Debt:

Calliegh: this is the coffee machine I want. it makes cappichinos, machiatos lataes.
    Jake: When would I ever make a machiato?
    Calliegh: Well you would make one every morning after we got the machine.

Oh yeah she was in love with him because that converstaion implies that they were living together if Jake should be making a machiato every morning. Trust that no one would move in with some one they are dating if they don't love them. Calliegh loved and I believe still loves Jake.

Umm yeah it was a romantic date. The way the entire scene was presented it implies a romantic date, and yeah Calliegh was into the horse dude. Calliegh is very telling with the way she looks at people. A persons eyes can say a lot. The way Calliegh and the horse dude looked at each other....well the spraks were flying like the 4th of July! Sure she also liked the horses but she also liked the guy, why else would she get all clammy and defensive when Eric questioned her on it!?

No she can't be expected to put her life on hold but Eric stoped the presses to wait for her and she should have thought about Eric's feelings (which she never seems to do) before going on that date. And who knows when Eric was calling her while she was on that date he could have been wanting to ask her out (not like that would have helped the current situation on the show).

Sorry I see this as an insecure moment. If Calliegh trusts him then she should trust him enough to make his own dedisions weather they are good or bad, they are his decisions. So what his dad has ties to the mob her father being a criminal defense attorney probably had ties with mobsters that he go off on charges too.

Once again it's about what she wants Eric to do not what he wants and what he feels he needs to do. Yes helping her father could have cost her alot, but lets consider Horatio's behavior in both situations. In Calliegh's sistation H knew Calliegh had helped him (her father), but to to keep her above remand he put Wolfe on the case and I'm not even going to get into the way she treated him. Now in Eric's case H knows a lot more than he is letting on. I highly doubt if H will not be bale to find a way to get out of the jam he is in. The thing is even if what Eric has done is a mistake it's his mistake to make not her's. Calliegh has no right to be as some people would say the type of person that is all "do as I say not as I do". She can make mistakes and so can he.

Well think about this Eric was trying to find out more about his family and his heritage, so even though his biological father has done bad things and to some people is a bad person it is good for Eric's motives to have Sharova in his life. Yes a Calliegh was lucky to have only an alcoholic father and yes Eric was lucky to have two parents that loved him very much even if his father wasn't his biological dad, but that dosen't mean Eric can't want to get to know him and want a relationship with him. Lets say if Eric had some rare disease and his mom wasn't able to be a doner or her side of the family had no history of the disease are you going to tell me that it would still be wrong for Eric to seek out Sharova and get to know him and build a relatonship with him even if Sharova has done some bad things in his life? Also remember that Sharova was and is undercover which is probably why he couldn't be a father to Eric.

Even if Eric is putting himself in harms way she should still support him because once again it comes down to being his decision and NOT her's. Calliegh has not supported him in the least, she has tried to make him change his mind and then gets mad when he dosen't. I'm not saying that she can't disagree with him but don't throw a hissy fit about it. Oh yes please excuse Eric for having his own thought and making his own decisions! :scream::rolleyes:I'm pretty sure that Calliegh would do the same thing if it was her family, but then again she bit off Wolfe's head for risking everything and getting beat up for trying to save a child's life. Yes I know Eric was part of that but Eric and Wolfe are a whole different story all togehter.

Calliegh did have a choice. She had the choice to stop bailing out her dad. She had the choice of not believing him. So yeah she had choice and probably a lot more. Eric did not lie to her! If he dosen't want to tell her who he's talking to on the phone he dosen't have too! Yeah there is a big trust issuse now it could have started when Calliegh first saw Eric and Marisol together in Nailed or it could have started with her havng the horse dude's number in her phone one can never tell. I still believe that she was asking for his phone because she is still all "do as I say not as I do".

Sure Eric's decsion put him in a very tight squeeze. Yes a relationship is about two people but Calliegh seems to be making this relatinship all about what she wants and what she things is right. Everything Eric has decided to do because he thought it was right she has to have a say in it and the fact is is that she doesn't have to have a say. If Eric dosen't want to make a decision with her he dosen't have to, if he dosen't want to run things past her that deal with his personal life and communicate them to her he dosen't have to! Callegh has to be right in everything and has to be in control of everything, it's just the way the character is. So yeah Eric does seem to have to get approval from her cuz other wise she flips a shit. Their not married (and hopefully never will be) so his personal life is still his.

It's not so much that she needs to know what his siter looks like, although if they are so close then yeah she should, but she should trust Eric enough to know that her wouldn't be blowing off work for just some ordinary girl, but apparently she dosen't have that much trust in him, and apparently Eric had already lost some of her respect by the time she saw Eric and Marisol together. Yeah she's a really great and close friend. :rolleyes:Yes Eric was a womanizer but he has only ever been late because he was taking care of family, taking care of his sister, not for girl issues! Besides his reputation as a womanizer is not really of consequence in this particular situation.

Yes she does and like I said before I give her credit for that but it was Natalia that really gave him the boost and still does. Mind you I was comparing the two relationships and comparing past examples to what we have seen in season 7. Calliegh dosen't support Eric and Natalia does point blank. Natalia has his back more than Callegh does, but just for the sake of the sopa opera storyline of the BS e/c "romance" TPTB decides to not show it as much but yeah the fire between them is still there, IMO it's only a matter of time before Eric and Natalia get back together.

Let me also put this on the record ERIC IS NOT IN LOVE WITH CALLIEGH AND HAS NEVER BEEN! Sure he "dreams" of them being together forever but that's exactly what they are dreams and nothing more. It's time Eric wake up from dreamland and get back into the real world.

4. silentdisco

Eh, I can see that. The way the two of them were acting could definitely be considered flirting, but then I didn't see it really lead anywhere, so I assumed that that happened to be the way they were putting the past behind them.

5. silentdisco

Thanks for your concern, but I've been in this thread plenty of times before. I'm an E/C shipper, yes, but I don't like everything they've done with the relationship, so sometimes I want to vent too. I also like learning other people's perspectives.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

And I disagree...again. :lol:

And for a change of pace, I'm going to disagree. :lol:

Yes, he probably did want to make a move then. But he didn't earlier. Calleigh isn't psychic, how could she have known that he was going to call her when she was busy? He didn't even give her a verbal response in the previous episode, when she told him that she needed him to tell her what he wanted.

I don't think it's necessarily bad that Eric is getting to know his biological father. It just might cause some trouble for him. ;)

Except Calleigh had no clue about the child. Only that there were "extenuating circumstances" that Wolfe didn't elaborate on. I think she had a right to be a little ticked off. And I'm sure she wouldn't have reacted the same way if she knew the real story.

That's not what I was talking about. Calleigh had no choice but to ask to see Eric's phone if she wanted to know the truth because he had lied to her in the past. I wasn't referring to her father.

Yes, Eric did lie to Calleigh in "Dissolved" when he said that the phone call he received at the crime scene was from the lab, not his biological father. And no, he doesn't have to report to her about every phone call he gets/makes, but that doesn't mean he should lie to her. If he didn't want to get into the thick of it while they were investigating, and didn't want to lie, he could've simply said "There are some things I want to talk to you about. Can we get together after work?"

I don't get why the phone number was such a big deal. Let's say you believe that Calleigh and horse-dude's encounter was a friendly thing (I know you don't, but just go with it for a minute here). Calleigh obviously likes horses. And she probably likes making friends. What if horse-dude says "If you want to ride again, give me a call, here's my number, and I can set you up with Sandy here." I have the numbers of guys in my phone, but that doesn't mean I'm dating them. ;)

That scene with Eric's jealousy was definitely not a bright idea. I didn't like it, and not because "oh no, I don't want E/C to argue!" It was just unnecessary. IMO, Eric had no reason to be jealous. :p

But Calleigh is a part of his personal life. She's his friend, and his girlfriend, and they're sharing their lives together. Marriage doesn't have to occur in order for that to happen. And no, she doesn't need to know what he's doing or where he is every.single.minute, but I think he should've kept her in the loop in regards to the issues with his biological father.

This is mostly true, but in the last episode of Season 1, Eric was late for work because of a non-family girl issue. He came in late to the jail and Speedle asked "What's with the no answer act?" and Eric replies "I left my phone on silent. I was, uh...busy. I didn't want to be interrupted." Speed then asks "Busy with the left hand?" and Eric says "Haha, very funny." Speed then has Eric take the grungy work and says "Hey, I got here on time."

I'm going to disagree, again, but not because I'm an E/C shipper. Even if Eric and Calleigh break up, I doubt that TPTB are going to want to drudge up that old storyline when they've already had two main characters get together. I don't think the show's going to be on long enough for them to have a reasonable amount of time in which nobody is dating in the lab, then have the buildup of an Eric/Natalia relationship, and finally put them together, which is the formula that I think would be best for the show. It would be romance overload if they brought Eric and Natalia together right after Eric and Calleigh broke up. I think a lot of people would be turned off by it. :)

Obviously, I don't agree, but that's all good and dandy. :lol:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh boy!!! This is absolutely crazy!!! I've been away just for a few hours and look at this thread :lol:

OK this is not actually the point of our discussion since I'm perfectly fine w/ Calleigh staying at his bedside, for god's sake she's his girlfriend, even if he lied to her they're still together and she has to stay with him especially in these moments.
    What we don't like is that Eric decided she was the responsible for his health. He has relatives around the world. Let's not forget that only one of his sisters died and I've always thought that he loved them with every fiber of his being. He also has a mother. She may have lied to the guy the whole life, but it was clear she cared about him. Eric Delko also has a father **drumroll* Alexander Sharova, they're now hand-in-glove also b/c Delko lied to his girlfriend more than once for his beloved dad :rolleyes:.
    About H, I do think that enough has been said. He's Delko's Eric's brother in law and whenever it's time to protect/help the guy, he's the only one able to do it in a proper way.

I'm ok with Calleigh being there, just do not give her this kind of responsibility 'cause it would mean too much of drama which is not needed now. If I wanted to see something like this, I'd watch House :rolleyes:

Ok I just don't want to be rude b/c that't not that kind of person I am, but this is just crazy!!! This show is not about E/C so I watch it as long they keep me interested with the other member of the team and the storylines. So this sentence, to me, is quite stupid and non-sense :p

Also b/c to me it looks more of a Grey's Anatomy episode storyline rather than one of a crime drama TV show :rolleyes:

Plus I've NEVER seen her helping Delko whenever he was in trouble. Look at "Extreme" she just made a bad comment with Speed when Eric was nowhere to be found.
    Don't even get me started on the whole Marisol's stuff. She didn't even know who the girl was....wow what a great friendship :rolleyes:

Not to mention that I've never seen jealousy from Calleigh. She perfectly knew they were together and she also knew they were almost having a baby (there's no way she couldn't have figured it out!), but she never said anything against this relationship, she even tried to help Natalia or Delko as their friends. Please point me a hint of jealousy 'cause I do think I'm getting blind.

Well it is funny how she trusted the guy with every fiber being crap when she decided to go on vacation with Jake even if he wasn't her lover. She perfectly knew that Eric was hurt b/c of their kiss....still she opted for Jake. He's the third guy she's opted before choosing the right guy??? Please give me a break and don't even get me started on the whole "they've been hiding their feelings for years" bla bla 'cause that's just ridiculous.

Well there's nothing wrong when actors don't have chemistry. Look at Emily Procter and HoltMcCallany...they just didn't have any chemistry. It was undeniable, have you ever seen these two sharing a kiss? No b/c there was no chemistry. I do think that also EP/AR have no chemistry, but TPTB do think they have a very good chemistry and they feel the need to show it...well I don't agree with this policy that's all ;)

Thank you so much for this. She's always been my fav. character and yeah I do think she's right about Delko's father (since he is part of the Russian mob, unless TPTB prove me wrong), but she is a hypocrite. The whole hiding her feelings for years bla bla bla crap proves it, same thing for the whole trust crap. She doesn't even know whether he lied to her or not about his father (I'm talking about the garage scene, Delko still could have told her the truth) and she's ready not to trust him? Oh boy they need to re-eximent this whole trust crap 'cause it does not make sense :rolleyes:

Well we have a different perspective on this since I do think she was right b/c her father is absolutely different from Sharova, to me, as Duke still cared about the girl...she's is his lambchop while Sharova is just a bad person who has never cared about Delko for years and now, all of a sudden, they're all hand-in-glove...this just doesn't suit me. But I do understand you ;)

That's waht I would have expected also b/c Horatio in 7x01 didn't chose Eric as his partner of his plan just b/c he wanted to protect the guy!!!!! Eric Delko think about the people who actually help you 'cause as much I can love Calleigh she has never helped you in a proper way!

Well it is even possible to hide your feelings towards a person you love, just not for 7 years :rolleyes::lol:

Well they may have not dated, but she had feelings for the guy. Look at "Urban Hellriser" when he invited her on date, she was all giggling convineced he asked her out on a romantic date. Just look at the broken heart face she had in the when he told her that he wanted her to know his fiancè. Yeah she had feelings even for Elliot.

That's what I think but the fact she preferred having a horse ride rather than staying with Delko makes me think :lol:. I mean she even stayed at home while the team was at a bar and I do think it was b/c she wanted to avoid a certain someone. That was a period when she was avoiding him outside the work. OFC, she had to stop with this behaviour b/c her coma made her realize how she can live without the cuban guy.

Because he is not even able to ask her something like this. I mean she asked him more than once what kind of feelings he had for her ("Head case" come to my mind) even if she perfectly knew them, but he has never been able to verbally show his feeling for her...never! Even when she was in coma, he was able to say something just when she was unconsciouss, once she's perfectly awake, he shuts up....again.

I think I can agree with that, but IDK she has never protected him before, I mean she helped him with the cheat sheet, but if she had wanted to protect/help him, she should have told H or anyone else about it. Same thing for his father. For now, we haven't seen her saying anything about this stuff to H. I do hope that when she was texting a message when Eric left the garage, she texted H....but knowing TPTB and having seen the spoilers for s8 premiere, I highly doubt it and that's when I get pissed off. If you want to help a person you really love, sometimes you have to include someone else who's more capable to do so.....for any kind of situation ;)

Exactly, but don't get me wrong, but Duke Duquesne is far better than Alexander Sharova, enough said. Delko has just had a very bad and dishonest biological family.

Agreed, this is a reason why they shouldn't have started this magic relationship :rolleyes:

Thank you for this. I'm a CaKe fan and I always get mad when people tell me that she went on dates with Jake even if she didn't love him. She decided to live with him and she's been waiting for him even when Delko was insisting with his feelings for him.
    I would also like to say that in 7x01 she didn't choose Eric on Jake. She just told him that she couldn't wait for him and we know this isn't true. I'm sure 100% she's been wating for a while more even after this episode!

Totally agree with you on this :thumbsup::thumbsup:

**jokingly pats on her shoulder** It's ok it's ok. I actually enjoy discussing with you :lol:

Actually it's perfectly fine, to me, looking for your biological father. I guess most of the people who live with an adoptive father or something like this, do feel the need to know who their biological parents are. As you said it just might cause some troubles for him and it looks like he did ;)

Again, I have to agreee with you on this. I'm not blaming Delko or Calleigh for this. The only one who has to be blamed for this ridiculous episode is TPTB :rolleyes:

You find me agreeing with you, again LOL.
    Again...TPTB's way to add some unnecessary drama.

Agreed, I have more guys' phone numbers rather than girls.

That scene was just absurd to my eyes, I found it as just another way to add some unnecessary drama to the whole E/C stuff, as if we hadn't had enough of it :rolleyes:

To me, lying about your biological family or even just avoiding telling me that you were adopted (I'm not just referring to E/C, I'm referring to general stuff which can occour in RL) is one of the worst things possible. It means that you don't trust me. I do think that's what Calleigh felt in the season finale. She siad the whole "I trust you...." crap to the guy more than once, but how can she trust him when he constantly lies to her? And I'm not talking just about his father's stuff. I'm also talking about his cheat sheet *cough*shit*cough* and some other stuff :rolleyes:

Yeah as much as I love EdEN, I highly doubt that TPTB are going back to that road, they're constantly ignoring Natalia and I've seen very few EdEN scenes in these last two years. So I don't think they will ever bring back EdEN....what a shame!

If E/C broke up, I wouldn't want any other romance on the show. I'm done with romances, even if it were CaKe or EdEN. I'm just sick and tired of romances on this show.

Oh boy, this was long and it's all your fault :lol:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love Eden, but I do agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to have them put together right after E/C broke (if they ever did). If Calleigh left Miami and then years later (maybe the series finale), they wrote a scene with Eric and Natalia talking about getting together, maybe. Although honestly I would love to see Eden back together, I'm not sure tptb would ever go there (besides possibly the series finale). I don't know if Eric and Natalia were actually full blown in love with each other. I definitely believe they were headed in that direction before the big blowup. :lol: And I definitely believe they were quite smitten with each other. :lol: I think the mole thing hurt their relationship/possible reconciliation as well.

As for Cake, I personally believe that Jake was Calleigh's first love. And most people in some ways always still on some level love their first loves. It may not [years later when they're not together anymore] still be a romantic love, but they still do hold some love there. But, I do believe Calleigh loved him when they were together, that's why she kept going back to him. I know a lot of people believe that Eric is Calleigh's OTL, but I'm not one of them. :lol: I truly and honestly believe that Jake is Calleigh's OTL. Is it possible that you can fall in love with someone else when you have a OTL if it doesn't work out for whatever reason with that OTL? Sure. But, that doesn't make the relationship with the OTL any less valid.

As for the father thing, I do believe Duke and Sharova are two different things completely. Calleigh grew up with Duke and loves him dearly despite his faults. He loves her with his whole heart. He's made bad decisions in his life, sure and he whole heartedly regrets them. He regrets hurting his lambchop. You can tell that in their every exchange. I do believe that Calleigh did have a point when she asked Eric if he knew his father. He'd just met the guy not very long before and he's already trusting him just because they share DNA? Let me tell you, there are many people in my family that I've known my/their whole life and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them (which wouldn't be very far cause I'm not that strong and most of them are bigger than I am lol). So, the idea that Eric is trusting a guy he nearly just met irks me a little bit. :lol: Plus, he's got the background of having been involved with the Russian Mafia. So, Cal did have some valid points with those arguments. :lol:

The horse dude- I am not sure that Calleigh really was interested in him romantically. I do think there was some flirty stuff going on there, but Cal is just flirty by nature. She has a flirty personality, but it doesn't always mean she wants a relationship with someone. She's been flirty with Horatio and Ryan on ocassion. It's just her nature. She's like that with everyone. I do agree that having Eric be jealous about the horse guy was a really bad move on the writers' part. It was designed to make it look like "oh look, Eric's jealous, see he so loves Calleigh", but it came off making Eric look bad. And that just doesn't set well with me. I like Eric for the most part. :lol: But, that scene made him look possessive and obsessive and that just bothered me (probably because I used to date a guy like). It seemed a bit out of character for Eric.

Also: It's one thing if one of the main characters is involved with a recurring character or someone rarely seen on the show (ie JJ's fiance/hubby on Criminal Minds) or a new character just joining the show (ie Natalia or Lindsay when they were knew) and if they make it clear from the beginning that so and so likes such and such... but when its between two main characters who've been on the show from the beginning, it just divides the fanbase IMHO... especially when it's two very popular characters like Calleigh and Eric.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I think that the mole stuff destroyed their relationship, but it didn't destroy their friendship. The bullet, then, destroyed everything was left from the mole stuff :rolleyes:. IDK I just don't see Eric treating Natalia as a human being, he keeps ignoring her and whenver they talk he's off, to me.

I couldn't have said it better. Thanks for posting this :thumbsup:

Well, to me, she was absolutely right and her concern for the guy was right. When he didn't let her see his phone number her trust for him crumbled. I won't even comment Calleigh's feelings right after the garage seen since I did have the doubt she wanted to slap Delko's face :lol:. But I really can't find how it is possible to blame her for this :lol:

Well totally agree with you, though I have always seen Eric Delko has a jeaulous guy even if enjoyed *cough*toothing*cough*. I've never liked his jeaolusy b/c I've always found it way out of character. You don't tooth and change girlfriend every week just to get possessive and obsessive once you're with the girl you've always loved :rolleyes:

Exactly. That's why I enjoyed EdEN and CaKe 'cause Eric was with a recurring character, same thing for Calleigh. It dived the fanbase, but it also screws up the screentime, especially when it's done in such a bad way as E/C. Don't get me wrong, but I'm really really sick and tired to see these 2 together working with their boss while Natalia and Ryan can easily have sex in a hummer off screen....you know just to do something :devil::p

9. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

This is the thing no Calliegh couldn't hvae know he was going to call but the simple fact is SHE ALREADY KNEW HOW HE FELT!! She read it in his damn file. Once again it goes back to waht she nees and wants!

Calliegh had a choice! She had the choice to trust him! She had the choice to say "hey maybe this is somethng he wants me to stay out of", but has we have seen Calliegh dosen't trust Eric and she only cares about what she wants!

So what if it was his dad that is his business! Obviously he does need to report to her because she dosen't know when to stop and just let his decisions be his decisions! What if he didn't want to talk to Calliegh about it? What if he wanted to do this on his own good or bad? THAT IS HIS RIGHT and the more people insist that he talk to Calliegh about it the more she's going to seem like his drill sergant! IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO TELL HER ABOUT IT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO!!!

It's such a big deal because of the day she got it. The same day she apprently needs to heard how Eric feels she goes out on a date. SO apparently she dosen't care how he feels!

Well I do think in some ways he had a right to be jealous, he didn't know when the picturee was taken so yeah I can see it.

She maybe a part of it but she is NOT his personal life all together. THEY ARE NOT SHARING THEIR LIVES and that statement implies marriage! Obviioulsy Calliegh does need to know his every move because if she doesn't she flips a shit! Eric does not have to keep her in the loop with things with his biological father that is HIS BUISNESS not her's! She can't but in with HIS family issues this is something Calliegh needs to back off of. She doesn't have to like it but she damn sure needs to stay out of it! Untill they are marrige (hopefully never) Eric's decisions are still his own and he dosen't have to tell her a damn thing if he dosen't want to!

Ok so it was the one time but take into consideration who he is working with in both cases. In this particular case he's working with Speed who knows the guy very very very well so it was no big deal. However when he was working with Calliegh who obviously is not that close to him his womanizing behavior is of no consequense it was just her jumping to conclusions.

This is the thing season wise yeah the storyline is old but think about how few scenes the two have had together for the sake of this BS e/c stuff! Also think about how scripted e/c is and how natural EDeN is there is a difference. Tha fact of the matter is one is just better presented and better swalloed than the other no matter which way you cut it. If the show does die out I blame it on the soap opera it has become with e/c. Eric/Natalia dosen't need to be built up they have a natual chemistry and passion with each other. Build up and showing all the progression and recession in a relationship is what TPTB have done with e/c and obviously that is not the best route ot go since the show has become a freaking soap opera! Eric/Natalia do not need to be shown being a couple or doing couple like this the audience just know that they are together and that's the best thing about them and make them better than e/c. When Eric was being taking by immigration and the stare between him and Natalia was so telling if given the oppertunity I'm sure the two could get back together, because even if Eric doesn't rremember the love Natalia does and it's still there and I think it will always be there. I'm not saying that Eric/Natalia showuld happen right after the much anitcipated dissolve of e/c but I give it a few months.

Thank You Florry!:thumbsup:

No you not blind Calliegh wasn't jealous of Eric/Natalia but she was jealous of Peter/Monica.

Thank you for this! I do think that Jake did love her. Yeah Callegh knew and she still decided to hurt Eric. Please not not try to paint a halo on her head,because she toyed with Eric then and IMO s still toying with him!

100% agreement here Florry!

Thank you again Florry!

Well frst putting her in the coma to make her all of a sudden realize she loves Delko ti me was complete BS!! Their enitre relationship was induced by comatose states! I do think that Calliegh did avoid Eric by not going to the bar, but that is her decision and her life and you don't see Eric flipping a sht over things she hasn't told him or secrets she has, because he maybe realizes that that is her life and her decisions and she has a right to them and I right to decide not to tell him about it! Now if only we could make her see the smae thing!

That's all this "relationship" is Florry is a bunch of smoke and mirrors!

I agree 100% Calliegh has always waited for Jake and I think is still waiting for him. TPTB should just let Jake come back once and then we'll see how long her "love" :rolleyes: for Eric lasts. She's never cared about what Eric has felt for her and I highly doubt she does now!

Florry I have to disagree with you. It was Eric's choice not to tell her about the stuff with his dad and with the cheat sheet (which he did tell her it was his and that he never once looked at it) but once again it was his choice and he dosen't have to tell her if he dosen't want to. I don't tell my best friend or boyfriend everything, and I don't have to. I do think Eric trust Calliegh to some extent but I don't think she thrust him.Just because your dating someone or are friends with them dosen't mean you have to tell them everything!

I kind of agree it think affter e/c breaks up the show should take a long pause from romances, but before the series end I would like to see a resergence of EDeN because the love and the passion and the chemistry is still there.

Now Florry I'm failing to see how this is my fault!:p

100% agrrement here GNRF!

Ok I think these two things are best chalked up to a difference of perspective!

I also agree with thid GNRF and splitting the fan base only hurts the show. Personally think things should go back to the way they were season 4.

Agreed Florry, although I don't think Ryan and Natalia would have sex in the hummer or at all. For some reason I can see Natalia strangling Ryan if these two ever dated or anytng of the sort!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well why I can understand why he didn't tell her anything about the cheat sheet immeditaly (I won't discuss about this stuff 'cause I think I've already said enough of it :rolleyes:), I do think that there are some topics you shouldn't lie about with your girlfriend/boyfriend, if you really care about her/him.
    Just think about you and your boyfriend. Haven't you ever told him anything about your fahter? I don't think so.
    OFC, Delko can't and doesn't have to tell her anything about his father, but when you're a cop and realize that your father is a dangerous man (Sharova is dangerous!!!!) and your girlfriend (your collegue) is investigating on him you don't oh well you MUST NOT COVER HIS ASS!!! That's the difference to me :lol:.

Well I'm not a fan of this couple either, but you know just to do something.....:wtf::lol:, don't worry, I was just kidding LOL.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well, I'm a 'never say never' kinda person, especially when it comes to tptb & thier much loved drama, and also when it comes down to a couple who's relationship was left unresolved & who, in all actuality, would.not.need a drawn out "build up" in order to start up the relationship again.

Anyhoo.

Lots of good points I'd like to comment on in regards to this train wreck of a relationship called e/c, but far too many to reply on. :)

12. silentdisco

I agree, I definitely didn't see Calleigh as jealous of the whole Eric/Natalia thing. I guess my perspective on the whole "7 years" thing is this: Calleigh and Eric, IMO, shared a mutual attraction and sometimes flirted in seasons 1-3, and then were kinda busy with other stuff/people during season 4. They may have still thought the other was good-looking, but they weren't "in love" or anything like that. I'm not going to get into more, because it's not really necessary, but the gist of it is that yeah, I agree, Calleigh and Eric were definitely not "in love" during seasons 1-4. I, personally, saw chemistry and spark, but not love beyond the context of friendship. ;)

I definitely agree with you on that. All the "romantic" moments between Calleigh and Hagen just made me uncomfortable. :p

See, this is one of the things that just makes me want to scream at TPTB. I got the impression that Eric and Calleigh always trusted each other, whether they were friends or lovers. Even after he didn't initially tell her about his fake birth certificate, I felt like Calleigh understood why, and that they both still trusted each other even when he was in the detention center. Then to have this dumb plot about breaking trust and lying, all to create dumb, stupid, unnecessary drama. ALGSKDLGKSLDHG! DO. NOT. WANT. I would've been much happier if TPTB had tied up the Russian mob story without dragging E/C drama into it. Yes, I like Eric and Calleigh together, but that doesn't mean I want the show to be all about them! Enough is enough. Natalia, Ryan, and Frank need some lovin'. How about you just have E/C be subtly, quietly, happy together and save the drama for Eric's might've-been baby mama [et. al]! (Sorry, I couldn't resist the rhyme. ;) )

Yup, I agree, Horatio definitely left Eric out of the fake death because he wanted to protect him. And I agree that Horatio is an excellent candidate to make Eric's medical decisions. I just don't happen to be bothered by the fact that Calleigh has that role instead. ;)

I think I said this above, but I definitely don't think Eric and Calleigh loved each other in the "more than friends" kind of way for 7 years. I saw it as more of a gradual buildup over time- for the first few years, they were merely attracted to each other, and occasionally flirted, but definitely not "in love." :)

Oh, absolutely! I don't doubt that Calleigh was very much into Peter Elliot. :)

Ah, see this is the part where I like to speculate about why Calleigh wasn't a the bar. Double shift exhaustion, bad cramps...I personally don't think that she was avoiding him on purpose, but that's just me. ;)

No arguments here, I completely agree.

I didn't mind CaKe, and I definitely thought that Calleigh loved Jake. I just don't happen to be of the opinion that they were living together. ;)

I agree. She told Jake that she couldn't wait for him anymore. She didn't say anything about or to Eric in regards to wanting to pursue a relationship with him.

Thanks! I know there's this stereotype that all E/C fans are teeny boppers who insist "but they've been in luv 4 like 7 yearsssss!!!!!11!1!1" (Although I still do fit in the category of "teenager" and will for another year and...19 days :p), but I try to be rational about it. I really do want what's best for the show, and while we may not agree on what that is, I do enjoy discussing it. ;)

Word. I don't like E/C drama. I like happy E/C being subtle about their relationship. ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I agree with this. Very, very much. I really wish TPTB hadn't turned the season finale into a whole "E/C has trust issues!" episode. I'm hoping that they tie up that plot in the first, at the absolute latest, second, episode of the upcoming season. Then they can shy away from the spotlight and just be happy working together some of the time, knowing that they have time after work to be a happy couple. :lol:

It is. It is all my fault. I've been a bad girl. :lol:

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly!!! You couldn't expressed my opinion about these two in a better way!

Except for the rhyme :)lol:), I must say thank you. Ryan sooooo deserves a girl, I just can't see him alone anymore!!! Give him a girl!!!:lol:
    Natalia, poor girl, give her something to do, something to play with. Poor girl she's on the show just for presence (oh well it's just a minute per episode, but that's it :rolleyes:).
    Franks soooooooo need a woman too!!!

I don't know, the fact she kinda caused all the mess Eric is in (let's not deny that Eric had a car accident b/c she shot him in his ass while he was helping his father escaping :lol:) is already enough for me to digest. I can't even picture myself in her own situation. I'm the one who caused the mess and the victim wants me to save/kill him....it's just too much for Calleigh. Not to mention that it adds too much of E/C drama, something I, for once, do not need!!! :rolleyes:

Bad cramps? :lol: this is a good excuse LOL

Well there the quote someone posted before, but there's also the fact that he kept watching NFL matches on TV and Calleigh knew he loved football since he watches their matches on TV everytime, but she didn't thought he was obsessed by it. That made me think they lived together ;)

All I can say is wow. You always know how to amaze me. I really thought you were older by the way you use to write. This is a very nice surprise :D

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome :lol:. Seriously I hate whenever they bring all the biological father oplà stuff on TV. Plus this one was used in such a bad way for more useless E/C drama. There's nothing worst to watch on TV :lol:

It is. It is all my fault. I've been a bad girl. :lol:[/QUOTE]
    I think I'm gonna have to think about youre punishment :lol::p

14. silentdisco

I disagree, I don't think Calleigh had much of a choice if she wanted to know the truth. He didn't just say "I'd rather not say" or "Can we talk about this later?" when she asked who was on the phone (which, by the way, wasn't just any old phone call he was making on his break, or at home. They were at a crime scene, and he wouldn't have answered unless it was work-related or VERY important. Who can blame Calleigh for being curious), he outright lied to her. When he found out about his fake birth certificate, he didn't even bother to tell her, and I think he should've. As Calleigh said, that is a huge deal, and if Eric is (rightfully) affected enough to say "all of a sudden, my life is a lie," Calleigh has a right to know what Eric's feeling.

Actually, it wasn't the same day. In 7.12, Calleigh tells him she needs him to tell her how he feels. Eric doesn't. In the next episode, 7.13, the one with the murder at the race track, it's implied that Calleigh wasn't at some sort of group social outing. Not a date with Eric, but something more like a team gathering. Not exactly a big deal. Eric still hasn't said anything to Calleigh about how he feels, or asks her out. Calleigh decides to go horseback riding. When Eric finally gets the cojones to make a move, Calleigh is busy. Yes, she knew how he felt, but she's tired of him only expressing his feelings through mysterious comments and longing looks. If he wants her, he has to verbalize it, like an adult. Not exactly unreasonable.

No, they may not be sharing everything, but they are sharing parts of their lives. They may not live together, but they do spend some nights together and are intimate. They also make time for each other, share feelings, talk, etc.

But the stuff with his biological father is a huge part of his life right now. It's not fair for Eric to keep Calleigh completely out of the loop. He obviously feels lost, doesn't know who he is, etc. Calleigh should know that, because even as a friend, she'd want to help him in any way she could. Eric's probably experiencing bouts of depression, anxiety, and anger. When Calleigh asks what's wrong, and how can she make him feel better, should he just say "I'm not telling you because it's none of your damn business. I'm going to just sit here and stew. Go away"? That's extremely childish. No, he doesn't have to get into detail about "I called my father today," etc., but he shouldn't lie. He should say something like "I'm struggling with my feelings about my biological dad. It would make me feel better if we could talk/cuddle/eat bananas/whatever."

I saw Eric/Natalia as natural for Eric. Ooh, new girl with boobs! Big ones! This sounds like fun! And hey, she'll be a nice distraction when I don't have to take Marisol to the doctor. Granted, I think if they both had played it differently, it could've ended up as a long-term relationship. But they didn't. They both screwed up, and after the whole mole-reveal thing opted to be friends instead of becoming romantically involved again.

But this is just how I happened to see it. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just sharing mine.

15. silentdisco

They all deserve some new toys at the very least. :lol:

Thank you! That's such a sweet thing to say. And it really made my day. I get excited when people think I'm older than I am, or at the very least my age, since IRL I look a few years younger than I am. ;)

Hehe, I would argue that "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" and a lot of those dumb "reality" shows are the worst on TV. But E/C drama certainly isn't enjoyable. ;)

Uh oh. This doesn't bode well for me. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.