Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

They did seem like a married couple. I like it in that epi where Cal signs H's wedding card with Ryan's name. She doesn't even need to ask him, they were so tuned into each other :)
    I wrote a long CaRWash Review on Legal last night, but then the stupid thing timed me out and I lost it. :confused:
    So, I'll put it on later. Murder in a Flash was not really worth looking at as Ryan was only in it 2 seconds. But at least those seconds were with Calleigh.

2. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

and that's what so great about them together. She doesn't need to ask him about simple things like that because she know that he either forgot or didn't have time, and he knows her so well that he know how she's feeling and knows what to say or what to do to make her feel better. He doesn't need to ask "what's wrong" he just knows and does what he does best (making her feel better).

This also adds a lot of chemistry between the two of them, and makes their relationship so believeable.

3. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I couldn't say it better. Yes, he don't asks, he just cheer her up, he understand her so well. And knew him very well (sorry, but WISC still bother me :(). I hope it's come back in new season and we see more friendship and flirt (have she bf or not, it didn't stop many girls. It can be friendly flirt :D).
    I'll wait your review. Yes, we can don't review Murder in a Flash, so our next ep is Legal!

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

That was a particularly adorable scene... those two know each other so well that it was almost like telepathy with them. They don't really on just words to communicate with each other. *sighs* I miss those moments.

Sweet, can't wait to read it!

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

CaRWash Review
    Legal
    One of my favourite episodes. This gave me a chance to rewatch!
    The first thing that struck me is how much Calleigh and Ryan are working together in this epi, I don't think they interact with any other member of the team. TPTB obviously realised from the first episode that these 2 have such great chemistry that they should not be separated. Its a shame that they hardly work together now. I wouldn't want them to just work with each other, but them together for most of the episode would be good!

Legal is a perfect example of how they work together so well. When they were interrogating that rich kid and were like 'we love alibis' you would think they had been working together for years, not just weeks. Like we were saying with the wedding card, they just seemed so tuned into each other, and from such an early stage. They already seemed like they were good friends. And they are so good together in those interrogation scenes- a proper double act.

I thought Ryan had mentioned Cal as hios lecturer in UTI, but I see it was this one. I bet he couldn't wait to mention that. Obviously one of his fave lectures! And I noticed some flirting!! Ryan gave some lovely smiles to Calleigh, and I'm sure he was teasing her when he said about a cosmo being a 'total chick drink' and Cal gave him such a cute look at that.

And of course the morgue scene, where Ryan was stood over the dead body and she was very understanding and comforted him. They do seem to go out of their way to check on the other and make sure they are alright, We need some more scenes like that, to show they do still care for one another. The sad fact is they seem closer then, when they had only worked together a month, tops, than they do in the current series. I suppose we know the reason why, but that doesn't have to be the case.

So, legal - a great CaRWash epi, showcasing the great chemistry Emily and Jon have together, and starting CaRWash with some great potential.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

...which is one of the reasons why I miss their interactions so much. I really would like to see them interrogate a suspect sometime in the future 'cause it'd be interesting to see them team up in that setting again.

At least we're getting a couple of cute looks now... let's hope there's more in the new season.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

They just started with s7 here. I was sad to see that Cal was so quick to accuse Ryan of murder. Eric was ultra quick to judge, but I would have thought Cal would have had more sense. She should know that Ryan idolises H, what possible reason would he want to kill him for?
    It just didn't fit the friendship that they had had previously......

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Where is everybody? Hellloooo?
    I just watched the season finale (which is totally out of sequence with what I have been watching, but hey) and I thought it was really cute when Ryan tried to cheer Cal up. That is the sign of a true friend. And you could tell from the look he gave when he saw how upset Cal was that he wished it was him, and not Eric she was with. (well, my CaRWash tainted analysis of the scene saw that anyway!)

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan is still a true friend even if Calleigh doesn't always remember what that means. Hopefully season 8 will see them as good friends again.

10. iheartplaydoh

iheartplaydoh Victim

i haven't been here in a while, but neither has anybody else! :( where is everybody? i hope nobody's lost their faith on CaRWash!

& btw, i loved that scene from the season finale. Ryan was so sweet, & he made Calleigh smile!

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yeah, there are some people out there!
    That is what she needs, someone to make her smile. Eric doesnt make her smile like Ryan does. Greatfan- I agree, Cal doesn't seem to be as friendly with Ryan as she once was, and I hope very much that s8 sees a change. It cant all be Cal and Eric, she needs to maintain friendships with the other people she works with.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I do think there's some major withdrawl when it's time to think of "our" fav. ships which isn't E/C, except for them, no one is getting what they want. Probably that's why most of us do not post in this thread...along with the fact that it's summer time LOL.

Anyway back on topic, surely Calleigh and Ryan's friendship isn't what it used to be till some months ago, but I do think that Ryan is still such a good frined for the girl, look, for example, how he cheered her up during the season finale. It's not like anyone is able to cheer Calleigh up, especially in an episode like that. I'm glad they decided to use Ryan because hell yeah he was the best choice!

He's such a true friend to her and he'll never, and I'll repeat, never betray her.

As for Calleigh she betrayed him (though, I'd like to think that she'll never knew anything about Billie), but I don't see their friendship as truely gone.

I've also read the casting sided for the first two episodes
    Even if it's absolutely inconsistent (at least IMO knowing Ryan), it looks like Ryan and Calleigh already met back in 1997. He was a high school teenager and she was at the MDPD for her first work day. It looks like they're gonna share a scene together when Ryan asks her where his friends went and she answers that she has no idea since she's the first one who got lost there.

I know I know it's absolutely crazy also because it sounds like Calleigh's gonna replace someone else in that scene. Yep, originally someone else should have shared that scene with Ryan. Anywho, I like it. Just give me something with both Ryan and Calleigh and I'm done. I love any kind of interaction between these two and I want to see it.

There's gonna be a crazy driving scene when Ryan and Calleigh are in the middle of the traffic and are rushing so that they can get the money H needs for his negotiation. It looks like Ryan is the one who drives like a mad woman in this scene and they almost collide with the car in front of them...then they'll have to run by foot in the middle of the traffic till they get to a patrol car.

This must be so hilarious. Plus I can't wait for a comment of Calleigh about Ryan's driving skills LOL.

So it looks that nothing happened to their friendship :D

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Florry -I agree. Their friendship is still there. It has taken a battering but it still exists. Ryan, in the finale, showed how much he cared for her. You are right, he is a true friend and would never do anything to hurt her. I wouldn't say Cal betrayed him as such, but she should have waited to hear his explanation.
    That sounds like a great scene. Both of these actors can really do the more comedic acting, so it could be really great. Fingers crossed. Definitely needs a comment from Cal about Ry's driving
    Hmm, not sure about this scene. It would have worked better had certain person agreed to be in it. It seems strange that Ryan would meet Calleigh and not mention it. But I see what you mean- it could be good that we are getting a scene with the two of them, even though it probably wont be Jon playing Ryan I think I will have to wait and see how this one turns out :rolleyes:

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree with you there.
    It is just sad that TPTB planned this big flashback without being 100% sure about Rory's presence. But hey they're TPTB and I so knew it was going to happene :rolleyes:.

Anyway, as you said it's pretty odd the fact Ryan met Calleigh twice before actually working together and he never remembered her. While it can be quite normal the fact he didn't remember her after her lecture, it is weird that he didn't remember her even after their first meeting. Then again, as you said it was just a way to replace Rory and they decided to use Emily for that scene. Fantastic idea :rolleyes:. Plus as you said, it won't be Jonathan playing that chubby Ryan.

Anyway I do like the idea of having a little cute carwash scene back 12 years ago even if they both must be suffering from Alzheimer at the moment, thanks to TPTB's continuity skills :lol::p

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Ryan would def remember meeting someone like Cal, and he would mention that meeting to her. But you are right- continuity isn't a strong point in this show! They have just fiddled around with the script after Rory turned them down and not thought about it properly.
    Im more looking forward to 8.2, seems like a promising Carwash moment:)