Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

togo2hot,

There is thread for fan videos tacked to the top of the forum. Members can show off their videos in that thread as this thread is for discussion of Ryan and Calleigh.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you :D

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

I'm new here and I love Ryan/Calleigh. I have been watching these two dance around each other for sometime. There is a lot of chemistry between them that deserves exploring. I love the flirty looks, banter, and the way he can make her blush, and smile. :)

I hope they don't plan on hooking her up with Jessie. Leave Jessie to Natalia. :lol:

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Welcome, slower. It is good to have another CaRWash fan around. There is definitely lots of chemistry between the 2, and I also love the flirty looks. I dont think we need to worry about Jessie- I doubt they will put Cal with anyone else this season, inc. Ryan. But as long as her and Ryan have some good, flirty scenes together I will be happy.
    togo2hot- I will def. check out your video at some point.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey slower, welcome to the thread! Good to see another CaRWash fan... they seem to be scarce nowadays.

Dude, I totally agree... let's just hope that TPTB don't screw it up. I think that they need to focus on being best friends again and if some flirty banter happens along the way, I'm all for it. Bring on the CaRWash!

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Karu, I completely agree. TPTB need to re-establish the friendship between them. It seemed to disappear at one point.
    So, there wasn't much interaction between them last episode, but I also saw smoke gets in your csi's for the first time this week, and I love the banter between them at the beginning. (it was actually the best part of the epi, for me) More of those type of scenes would be good.........

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree that there was not the interation we hoped for in this epi. But, I attribute this to Calleigh's preoccupation with the shooting in "Seeing Red" and the upcoming IAB interview.

I am hopeful sometime this season we will see the return of their flirty looks and banter.

I also think that we need to bring back the Calleigh/Ryan fans....Kicking and screaming. :guffaw:

I think they had to be discouraged because of the E/C hookup, and saw no end of it.

I myself am glad its over. I saw no true chemistry and felt that at best was a warm friendship. I want to see a liitle more heat between two people (this after all is entertainment, not reality). No offense meant to those of you who loved E/C. :)

And for those of you who might of mutinied, please....get back hear and show your support. :guffaw:

7. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, where are all the CaRWash fans? Come back!
    Whether E/C ends or not (and im being good and not looking at spoilers this season so I have no idea what the outcome will be) I dont care as long as there are some good Cal and Ryan moments. I know lots of Carwash fans will have been put off by E/C and mainly by the fact that there has not been much interaction between our pair for a couple of seasons now. With Adam not being in all the episodes there is the hope, at least , that Cal and Ryan will get some decent scenes together, and as long as that happens and they get to be friends again, I will be happy.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I just hope Ryan gets some decent airtime.It's been so horrible,I don't care who he is shown with,Calleigh or not.While it would be great to see their great chemistry and banter,I'm at the point where I just want to see Ryan.If Calleigh is there great.

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree, I am first and froemost a Jon Togo fan. However, I do miss the flirty looks and banter of seasons past. Some of it did show up in season 7.

I think that because of the writers intent on the E/C relationship developing, they couldn't have her distracted by Ryan. The obvious connection between these to was there. So in oroder to fulfill their adgenda, they decided to split them up and make Ryan the scapegoat for everthing. Thus, destroying what little chance they may have had.

Also, everyone keeps reminding us that he is the youngest member of the team. Come on he is not that same kid anymore, he is a grown man. And 8-10 years difference doesn't mean a thing. :)

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

We got locker room talk! It didn't exactly end the way I wanted it to, but that's one thing crossed off our list of things we wanted to see...

Who says that Calleigh and Ryan can't still be friends? *pokes TPTB* Ryan, being the nice guy, isn't going to do anything stupid. And I don't mind the whole age difference thing... there's only five years between them and that didn't stop them from becoming best friends, so I doubt it's an issue with them.

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

Who's to say what they have in mind for these two. I truly hope they don't push her towards Jessie. This would be another long string of boyfriends, that seem to leave her in the dust. Personally, I don't feel Ryan is that type. Wouldn't TPTP have written him as such? :)

My concern now is why they are trying to change Ryan's personality, it is nice to see a little of Jon come through, but, last nights epi. was a little wierd. It made him look a dense about what a cougar is. I didn't think Ryan was ever that dumb. So to TPTB - have you bumped your collective heads? :(

Sorry guys, not intended to be mean. :lol:

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I didnt see the cougar thing as Ryan being dumb. TPTB needed to explain the term, and its just that they had Ryan do it. Next week they might have Nat or Cal ask a question about something that some people think they should know. I dont think TPTB are going to be changing Ryan's personality.
    Karu- Yeah, locker room scene! I agree, its not quite the ending I would have liked for the scene, but at least he was honest with her. Its a shame they didn't have a scene together after the IA interviews- Jesse trying to cheer Cal up was ok, but I would rather have had Ryan do it.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That term is pretty well known here,it wasn't appropriate that Ryan be the one asking,that is why on some message boards(not here) people were stating it was kind of dumb.Ryan did get a scene out of it of course,but we want quality scenes for Ryan.Even a review I read commented on the cougar thing.It's okay to explain,but it would be nice to be character appropriate.I can actually see an older character,like Frank not being aware of the term.
    As far as the locker room scene,it's nice we got the scene.Ryan was honest with Calleigh,even if she didn't want to hear it,sometimes no one but a friend can be that honest,even if it hurts.