• A Different Kind of Hero

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think Ryan will end up leaving (hopefully not the way of Speed) before the show ends, or do you think he's there to stay?

I think, depending on how long the show runs for, and what Jonathan Togo is doing, that he could possibly end up leaving before it's over. What would you do if he did leave? Would you keep watching if it was the actors choice to leave, or would you give it up? What if it wasn't the actors choice, they just decided to cut him out?

Random questions, but just wondering. Plus it might possibly give people who aren't spoiler readers something to talk about. :lol:

Oh and thank you greatfan. :)

Ack! I don't wanna think about him leaving. :( That makes me wanna cry. :lol: I most likely wouldn't watch the show anymore if he left regardless of whose decision it was. At this point Jon is the only reason I have stuck with it and he's the only reason I started watching regularly in the first place. :lol:

greatfan, I completely agree with everything you said. :)

What humorous Ryan scenes are your faves (Top 5)?

1. Running from the "living dead guy" in COTC
2. Being afraid in the crane
3. His reaction to the dog chasing after him (can't remember ep name)
4. "Alexx, he doesn't have a head." :lol:
5. Telling Valera that old books are printed with lead paint which is toxic.

^ I loved COTC.There were a lot of humerous scenes in that episode and the team was a lot more friendly towards each other.
The "pushing aside the dishes to get some" also makes me laugh.
The old books and lead paint makes me chuckle because of Ryan's expression when he said it and Valera's:wtf: look after Ryan walked away.

I do think Jon is there to stay. I only see a few more years for the show and the actors appear to have the time for other projects they want to take on(Adam seemed to have tons of other projects) .Unless something really huge came along,I don't see Jon leaving unless he was written out,and I would want the character to be transfered instead of being killed.If that happened, I may give the show a chance,but likely I would stop watching after a while.Another really interesting character would have to come along and other aspects of the show improved for me to continue watching on a regular basis.

i completely agree that the show at 7 seasons is going to come to an end sooner rather than later. Taking into consideration both Adam's projects and on Emily's words at the filmfest which indicated to me people were starting to think about "what else is out there." I do think Jon will stay until the end unless it is not his choice, but i don't see any conflict between him and the producers. I think at this point however everyone is just satisfied to have a steady job with a contract and a pretty nice break between seasons/shooting schedules.
Not all the CSI's are going to be like the original and run for 9-10 years.

What humorous Ryan scenes are your faves (Top 5)?

1. Running from the "living dead guy" in COTC
2. Being afraid in the crane
3. His reaction to the dog chasing after him (can't remember ep name)
4. "Alexx, he doesn't have a head." :lol:
5. Telling Valera that old books are printed with lead paint which is toxic.
You got like, three of my top 5 in your top 5. :lol:

Not in any particular order...

1. The whole hazing thing Eric and Calleigh did to him. Which in your list is "he doesn't have a head..."
2. The crane! Oh my God. That was awesome. :lol: I loved it.
3. Telling Valera about the old books.
4. So many parts of the episode Legal. The whole "that's hot" conversation with the girl had to be the best part, but there was way more.
5. COTC of course. I think I actually liked the ending more where he thanks Calleigh and Eric for putting the coffin away, and they were both like "I didn't put it away..." Poor RyRy.

One more tiny one? Please. :p Even though it wasn't that funny, I did find it funny. In Won't Get Fueled Again, when Cal and Ryan ask the guy at the gas station where the condom is, and he says the ladies room. So Calleigh and Ryan sort of look at each other and Ryan says "It's in the ladies room..." Calleigh's face was lovely.

Oh and I have to say. If Jon was gonna get into movies or something, I'd be kind of happy, even if it means no more Ryan. It's awesome for an actor to even get on TV, but it's awesome when they're in major movies. Especially when you really like that actor... :shifty:

Jon/Ryan have no reason to leave! Jon's really blooming as an actor and hitting all his marks and we're still scratching the surface with Ryan. Hopefully we'll get a little more than that with him...

Jon/Ryan have no reason to leave! Jon's really blooming as an actor and hitting all his marks and we're still scratching the surface with Ryan. Hopefully we'll get a little more than that with him...
I hope we don't have to continue to scratch the surface with Ryan. Are TPTB saving getting more in depth with Ryan's character for later, and why? I'm sure there are plenty of fans interested. Maybe season 8 will give us more insight.

Last edited:
I hope we don't have to continue to scratch the surface with Ryan. Are TPTB saving getting more in depth with Ryan's character for later, and why? I'm sure there are plenty of fans interested. Maybe season 8 will give us more insight.

I sure hope you guys are right! I'm definitely one of those fans who is interested in any insight they can give us about Ryan. I think he's great and the potential for some really great stuff is there.

Jonathan is an actor who can deliver and it's a crime they aren't using him to his full potential.

Hopefully season 8 will be the season for Ryan, Natalia and Frank. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

I do agree with those of you who say they don't use him to his full potential, but I think when they do give him good storylines it's definitely using his full potential. I mean Nailed and WISC? You have to be a GOOD actor to pull those off. Not just the screaming in pain part, which I'm sure is hard enough itself, but the emotional parts and conveying those emotions. Especially with an episode like WISC. Sadly those are the only two episodes I can think of right now, but still. :lol: I know that a lot of the complaints though are that whenever something happens to Ryan, it's done within that episode. But if things happen to Calleigh, Eric, or Horatio, it's dragged on. And I definitely agree with that.

Hello all :)

I don't think I've posted in here before so here I go...

I'm an Eric fan, but the one who always makes me happy when he's on screen is Ryan, I love the guy, Eric and Ryan are my babies, Ryan's just a doll, and I hope they give him some more screen time next season.

and I don't think Jon will leave, and I also don't think tptb will get rid of him, they finally have a cast that is good, not saying the past one was bad, but it works, and with all of the team it just clicks, so i'm sure they'll keep him, it wont make since.

and I want CSI: Miami to go on for like 10 seasons, that would be great, I know i'm dreaming, but i just got into this show last season, and I don't need it ending so soon...

and Luf, I too like the caption of your icon, it's cute ;)

I do agree with those of you who say they don't use him to his full potential, but I think when they do give him good storylines it's definitely using his full potential. I mean Nailed and WISC? You have to be a GOOD actor to pull those off. Not just the screaming in pain part, which I'm sure is hard enough itself, but the emotional parts and conveying those emotions. Especially with an episode like WISC. Sadly those are the only two episodes I can think of right now, but still. :lol: I know that a lot of the complaints though are that whenever something happens to Ryan, it's done within that episode. But if things happen to Calleigh, Eric, or Horatio, it's dragged on. And I definitely agree with that.
Jon's full potential is used when he's given a good storyline, and that is few and far between.He can handle his storylines being dragged on too:)

I never said he couldn't. I'm just saying, when he DOES get one, it's usually a pretty good one. We should be thankful he gets what he gets, and WHEN he gets one, his acting skills are being used well.

nicksarafan: Thank you. :D I love yours too. :lol:

I never said he couldn't. I'm just saying, when he DOES get one, it's usually a pretty good one. We should be thankful he gets what he gets, and WHEN he gets one, his acting skills are being used well.

nicksarafan: Thank you. :D I love yours too. :lol:

I'm thankful,but I'm greedy and want more.I probably should have said ,
" I can handle his storylines being dragged on too":)

Wow!! I haven't been here in a while!! What did I miss? Any amazingly cute picures of Jon/Ryan for me to drool over.

I don't know about you all, but I'm looking forward to seeing some serious Ryan moments in Season 8. TPTB have something in store for our favorite guy, and I'm holding out hope it's gonna be good!

Wow!! I haven't been here in a while!! What did I miss? Any amazingly cute picures of Jon/Ryan for me to drool over.

I don't know about you all, but I'm looking forward to seeing some serious Ryan moments in Season 8. TPTB have something in store for our favorite guy, and I'm holding out hope it's gonna be good!
Is that just a feeling you have? What do you think TPTB could have in store for Ryan,or what do you want to see for Ryan ?

I'm thankful,but I'm greedy and want more.I probably should have said ,
" I can handle his storylines being dragged on too":)

But I don't think you are being greedy. There is no doubt that when Jonathan is given a decent story he gives an outstanding performance - everytime!

That just makes me want to see more of him and instead we get less! :scream:

I keep thinking about the interview with Jonathan that I saw where David Caruso stepped in next to Jonathan just long enough to announce that Jonathan was the best actor on the show! It was great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back