Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana_CSI

Ana_CSI Victim

When looking closely at the ID in the film I saw 74. Now I see 75.I'm freaking out! :guffaw:

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks csifann1 for reposting the pic I was referring to a while ago.

Ok I checked out her birth date and it's definetly 09/3/75, so she's definetely much younger than we could have thought.

:guffaw: totally agree. Just look at the date below her birthdate. It refers to when she joined the Police Academy, or, even worse, the PD (as on its side you can find her employee number) and yep it's 05/25/91. So it looks like she was 15 (as it was before her birthday) when she joined it :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:.
    And we wonder why Kyle could join the morgue at his age? :rolleyes::lol:
    So, I hope I answered hiphugger17's question too ;)

Thanks calleighspeedle for posting so many pretty pics of the girl :thumbsup:. Love them all.

Ok time for a pic from me too :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Love the pic, Florry! So, no one will be offended, since the writers seriously screwed up their math, when I place Calleigh as older in my fics so that she's a real person and not some unbelievable comic book character. Good. You know, I thought her original birthdate was in February 28. This actually makes her soundly into the zodiac sign of Pisces. That's just extra info. Emily, herself is October 8, which makes her, I believe, a Virgo. Not that zodiac signs mean much, just an interesting fact to know.

Anyway, the writers are clearly NOT looking at the original character bios....not that Calleigh's wasn't thrown out before the end of the first season anyway. She was supposed to have been dirt poor and her parents were supposed to have had a shotgun wedding because momma was already pregnant with her. Daddy was supposed to have beat her as she was growing up and all. Enter actor John Heard as "daddy" Kenwall Duquesne and watch the sparks fly in the chemistry between him and his on screen daughter. They're positively cuddly and I can't even imagine him ever raising his voice to her, let alone a hand. The psychology just isn't there. Calleigh was originally written as a Louisiana backwoods hillbilly, not sleek and proper Southern debutante, which is how she came out. Honestly, I think that once the writers had her cast and saw what they had on their hands, they did much as the writers on West Wing did and tailored the character to Emily's personality and charm and let the original bio fall away. I think that was a good idea in some respects. As Calleigh was originally written, she'd be so emotionally screwed up that functioning as a CSI would become harder and harder for her as the seasons went on. I think Eric's shooting would have crippled her and she wouldn't be the Calleigh we know and love. Yet the constant changing of her birthdate and age is unreal. So, in my fics, just 'cause it functions better and I'd like to Three Stooges or Gibbs smack the entire writing staff for not paying attention to details, her birthdate stands as Feb 28. For the purposes of a reality check and not to break any state hiring laws (come on, when the universal legal age to purchase alcohol is 21....) she was born, for me in my fics, 1970.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually Emily is a Libra and not a Virgo. Yeah I'm a Virgo and I should know that :lol:

Well I've never read the biography you're referring to, but I can say that it is quite good to change a character from his original biography. I mean I don't know if I could have coped with the possibility of her being beaten up by her own parents or something like this. You know, I usually don't like that stuff especially on TV since I always have the idea it may sounds kinda disrespectful towards the real people who got beaten up by their own parents.

Not to mention that I can't imagine her mother gettin' pregnant before he wedding with Duke. I don't know, I just can't do it :shifty:

The big problem comes when they keep screwing up the dates. I mean I always have a hard time try to cope with this phenomenon which is very common on TV, but they usually don't do it in the same bad way as they did with her character....e.g. I remember when they screw up with Ryan's birth date.

I mean it's not only her birth date which got screwed up thanks to TPTB or whover is responsible for the creation of that ID. Her whole life got screwed up. How can you believe in a show like this? I mean it is pragmatically unbelievable she became a cop (or even worse entered the MDPD) at the age of 15! :brickwall:
    She's not a moron, but let's face she's not a genius and she's not one of those scary children who are smart enough to get to college at the age of 12 or something like this :lol:

5. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Thank you, Florry! My zodiac signs are not as good as they used to be. But, yeah, I'm right there with you. 15 is just not acceptable no matter where you live. Calleigh is also too sure of herself and too well adjusted to have been routinely beaten as a child. She'd either be crawling under something any time anyone confronts her or exhibit violent tendancies, herself. The psychology doesn't fluctuate much beyond that. So daddy was a lovable drunk, which my own dad was. I can imagine Kenwall being close to my own dad's personality. Now, I never had to pull him out of bars and bring him home, but he did play ball with me on the weekends and help me with my math homework. Yeah, he drank too much and he and mom argued about it a lot but there was no violence in my home. I can really see that as part of why Calleigh is the way she is. She once said that a voice of reason would have been welcome in her home and agreed with Aalex that she could have had a nanny. That means affluence, despite the alcoholism, which tends to bring it to more manageable and social levels. It means that she wasn't beaten everytime daddy got drunk and momma was just in denial of daddy's drinking problem. It didn't seem like a particularly horrid childhood, but it was far from idyllic.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You're welcome :D

Not to mention that if her dad or mommy actually had beaten here, she wouldn't be so attached to her dad. She wouldn't treat him the way she does. No way!!!
    Also she wouldn't have never talked about her mother they way she did.

Exactly what I think about Calleigh's childhood. Then again, IMHO, it would have been much more interesting to know a little bit more about her childhood and her past, which is the reason why she is like this, rather than exploring her romancies :rolleyes:. Guess that's the reason why I'm not TPTB :lol:

7. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

where did you get that picture .. i never saw it anywhere .. she is so prettty .. ??

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I had to take it from Emily Procter Fan Site so the credit goes entirely to the site ;), but I first saw it a couple of years ago on an Italian magazine right when s5 first aired in Italy. It looks like it is one of those "secret pics"....you know those ones you can't seem to find anywhere :lol:

Despite the position (I wonder how she was able to stay still like that :wtf: ) she looks indeed pretty.

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I have never seen it either, she looks wonderful in this picture, but she always does. At least I don't remember a picture where she looked bad.:)

10. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hey all, yes I think Emily is pretty :)

I was reading back a couple of pages, and saw the whole age thing, btw MegaCalleigh made me laugh :)

I always thought she was older then Eric, like she is in real life, not really older, just by a couple of years, so if she's super Calleigh, then what Adam said in the TVGuide was true, there both Super CSI's and are going to have a Super CSI baby, fun...

also if Emily's B-day is October 8, it makes her a Libra, like Me!! which explaines why she acts that way around Adam, becouse that is how I act around my cute guy friend! and I'd act that way around Adam, oh yeah! ;)

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank you :thumbsup: Though I think that the date reads 5/25/01 instead of 91 which (if that's the case) would be more believable age-wise. Still it would not fit the timeline established since, if I remember correctly, there was an episode in the earlier season where someone said that Calleigh had been in MDPD for ten years. If anyone remembers this better please feel free to correct me. So either way the timeline does not make sense.

12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Originally it was in "One of Our Own" where the Fed cites that Calleigh had been at MDPD for ten years and had a nearly pristine record. That was the season finale for season four. See where tha math isn't right? If the original bio held up she'd be almost incapacitated or in AA by now. The writers obviously changed it drastically to fit the actress.

Emily has always appeared to be sunny, charming and way too bouncy as well as wickedly intelligent and well-informed on many subjects. Let's not forget the woman was once a journalism major, getting her degree in such. She's no dumb bunny and neither is Calleigh. So I think they are constantly rewriting the character to evolve as Emily evolves and that is creating conflict. Calleigh's original characvter needs to age and the writers either have forgotten (as can happen) or just bulldoze over previous data.. Either way, they need to seriously look at the math and update. Oh, dear Gods I hate to admit this because I'm discalculic and hate math for all the pain it's caused me growing up, but....math matters and doesn't lie. Math is an exact science. So unless Calleigh is a ballistics Dr. Doogie Howser, they need to look back at the original character and adjust accordingly. I'm going along logical lines. Who said Hollywierd was logical, even in a Jerry Bruckheimer universe?

Anyone want to see his G-Force?

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You're welcome for the pic. Trust me, it's a "9" and not a "0" right before the number "1" on that date. Still it is and it would be absurd since she was supposed to be there for 10 years :lol:

I hate maths too, but I agree that math is an exact science. No one can change it.

I don't know whether they did it to fit better with Emily also because, IMHO, it would be completely wrong to fit the character with the same personality the actor/actress has. It would ruin the challenge the actor/actress has to face, quite frankly.

All I know is that, at the moment Calleigh Duquesne is one of the most inconstistent characters of the show. Don't get me wrong, what I mean is that one day you think you know here and you picture in a certain way and the day after her personality upsets your mind on her character :eek:.
    Quite frankly, I don't even know how to picture her at the moment. I'm really having a hard time to do it.
    OFC, TPTB screwing up with math isn't that much of help :lol:

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Well for me, Math is da boss, ok? I lurv Math, it gets you digging into your brain and has you thinking. 'exact answer' I luv that, so when you get the answer, that's the answer but in others there's more than more. Anyway one other reason I lurv Emily is because she proves that not all blondes are dumb.

G-force looks funny, I can't believe Jerry produced something like that, but I think everything he's done is damn good. Pirates of Caribbean 1,2, 3 and CSI franchise are the bomb!

15. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Emily ALWAYS look so good and polished, even when she's suppose to look bad (tired and stressed) she looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.