Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I don't think that the inconsistancy with the birth year makes her an inconsistant character. I also don't think that the writers more closely tailoring her overall character to her own background limits her. The writers on the infintetly better written West Wing did that and gave her a vehicle that lead to her being noticed for CSIM. The writers gave her a wonderful, and definitely tailored character (DVD EXTRAS) and let her run wiith Ainsley. Ainsley Hayes was hysterical and witty and wickedly intelligent and let you know that if you chose an intellectual battle with her, you'd limp out, defeated. That's what CSIM desperately needs; intelligent writing that encompasses drama, humor and action. So severly missing. Aaron Sorkin, brilliant brain, where are you?

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Just wanted to clarify that I meant TPTB wrote an inconsistent character for Emily and it's not just because her dates.

There are too many things about her character which constatly leave me like :wtf: because I've always thought she was a different character from the one she's been picturing lately ;).
    That's what I meant. To me Calleigh is one incosistent character and not just because her screwed up dates ;)

Exactly that's how I thought Calleigh should be. Ainsley was the perfect character to play for Emily. This is what the show and all the characters are missing lately :shifty:

3. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

i thought that was bad but

lmao thanks for the warm welcome i'll try to keep up as much as i can i'm not a big fan of miami but do really like Emily, i'm more of a CSI NY fan lol (like you couldn't guess) but i'll sure be hanging around.

debs x

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Thank you everyone for the amazing pics :bolian:

I've never had a problem with Math, I can't say I like it 'cause I don't, but I really never had problem so far **knocks on wood** :p

btw, she said that about Math in the Poker thing, right? I can't really remeber for sure, and I don't want to see all the clips I have of that :p:lol:

I couldn't agree more with you, I kinda miss that in CSI:Miami, I download some epis of season 2 and OMG, it's so different now, we had awesome episodes with drama, humor and action, and now we only see humor sometimes and it's always action, drama, action, drama... But I'm still hoping that what David said about season 8 it's about that, never say never ;) :p

Here's one of my fav pics of Emily :D
    [​IMG]

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

danny-lindsay4e you're welcome and I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to catch up with the whole info you need :lol:

Oh gosh s2 was the definition of "perfection" to me. Not just for the show, but also for the characters, not to mention that the storylines were freaking awesom at the time. I still can't believe they dramatically changed everything.

Now it's all about drama and action. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tire of it. If I were one of the members of the lab, I sooooooooo would visit a shrink everyday and not just after I got shot :lol:.
    These people are, now, completely insane from a mental POV and I still can't believe they keep working as if anything happened to all of them.

As for Calleigh, poor girl...I'm really waiting for her father to come back and die right in front of her and TPTB's job with her character will be completed. It is all constantly about drama for the girl. Why can't she have a normal day?? I'm not saying a normal life since she won't ever have it, but, for god's sake, a good day wouldn't ruin the girl. Plus I still can't believe she's not taking any pause after everything had happened to her in these last 3 years. Boy!!! I would be insane, if I were her :eek:

Thank you so much for posting it. Oh gosh I also miss the atmosphere you could sense around the show at the time. IDK, I do feel something is not right there anymore :confused:. And it is sad 'cause it was really funny to see Emily, Khandi, Jonathan, Eva and Rex (also with a little bit of David) having so much fun during this party :lol:

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Yeah, Emily did say that she had problems with math and her dad tought her poker and it helped or something of the sort. It's in the Monte Carlo interview which I'm about to watch yet again, becuase it's my second fav video other than 'the kiss' and she's just adorable in it! Have I mentioned that I've watched it twice already and it's 30mins long? :lol:

7. cheshire cat

cheshire cat Civilian

Personally, I like seeing stuff like this on TV. Children of emotionally or physically abusive parents often can't or don't want to talk about what happened to them and it's kind of a relief to see that these things happen to other people too, even if they're just fictional characters.
    That's one of the reasons why I would like to know more about Calleigh's childhood. I'm sure that whatever happened to her would explain a lot of her present issues.

& Florry, thanks soo much for that pic, I've never seen it!

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Luckily I've never experienced such a bad youth or childhood people, who have beaten up, could have lived....so I really don't know for sure how they would feel watching something like this even on a TV show which is supposed to be entertaining. All I know is that if it were me, I would be kinda disgusted while watching it since it's supposed to be entertainment and not a sci-documentary on my life (especially the worst part of it).

A person (OFC, I won't say who this person is), who experienced it, felt the need to PM me right after my sentence, the one you quoted b/c she's one of those people who doesn't want to experience/share it even on a TV show. This person sees it as a private aspect of his/her life and no one (especially who's never experienced it, in this case Emily) should act a character like this just b/c it would sound disrespectful to him/her ;)

You could be absolutely right b/c, as I've said before, I've never experineced this kind of situation. But, I do feel that some themes shouldn't be ever considered on TV show especially when there's the possibility it is going to be ruined by TPTB's mind. Marisol's cancer comes to my mind :rolleyes:. Same thing is for abusive parents, IMHO.

You're welcome :D

9. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I'll be totally honest now, I think I've never said this to anyone, OFC to my closest friends I did, but my dad has a problem with alcohol, just like Duke, but he's such a nice person, he has good job, he has his own company/factory (I really don't know if this is the right word :lol:), the only problem is that he has a problem with alcohol, and seeing Calleigh, somehow, in the same situation is kinda good for me, I don't know, maybe 'cause this shows I'm not the only daughter that has a dad with alcohol problems.

I think that's why I love this character so much, she has so much in commom with me, I mean, her parents... Mine are also divorced, and my mom is just like how Cal describe her mom in CSI: My nanny, 'My mom is more a friend than an authority figure', she's awesome, I know I can talk to her about anything, I know she'll be there when I need, I know she'll come somewhere with me, shopping, cinema (when possible)... she does everything she can to make me happy, OFC we have our argues, like everybody, OFC she yells at me when I do something bad, but I think my mom, is great, and I think Cal's mom is/was just like that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well.......................thank you so much for sharing this experience ;). Though, I still feel that, fortunately for you, there's a big difference between people like you and the others who have been abused by their own parents.
    Again, I don't even know how to thank you since it really enlightens how some fictional situations can be sooo real.

Still, I do think there's a big difference when it comes to people who got abused. Again, I have no possibility to determine whether what I say is true or not, since I do think it's all subjective, but if Calleigh were a person who actually got abused by her own parents (supposing that her biography is true) and I were one of them, I wouldn't feel comfortable.

Again, IDK anything since, luckily I haven't been in any of these 2 situations, so, even if I am senstive to certain themes (as you are on some others than mines), I probably should shut up :lol:

Now, it's time to post a pic, you know just to lighten up this thread :lol:
    [​IMG]

11. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I totally agree with you on this, I also I think it's a way too different when you're abused by your own parents. It's not the same thing, so I really don't know if people that are in this situation feel about this kind of characters that were/are in the same situation, can't say anything about that ;)

You don't have to thank me, I just wanted to say that in some things, it is good to see fictional characters in the same situation you are, but, again, IDK ;)

Gosh, she looks soooo beautiful in that photo :D

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I just watched Emily's appearance on The View and the Ellen show - she's so hilarious. I loved her 5 lb bag of sugar and tea bag gift to Ellen :guffaw:

13. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Which one are you talking about, about Elle show? The one it is halloween? Or the other?

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

It's the other one when Emily made the "southern quiz" all "y'all" (hope I got it right LOL) style :lol:.

You just gotta love her especially when she gave Ellen the sugar as a an award for her excellent performance (oh well she's southern too :p ) :lol:

15. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

:shifty: I can't remember that, but i'm sure I've it somewhere in here, so let's get ready to laugh :lol:

Oh my gosh, I want a gift like that too, too bad I'm not southern:lol:
    It's always so funny see Emily's interviews :lol:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.