Burn Notice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hankster, Aug 24, 2007.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wow! That was a great episode! :lol: Michael's mother is such a nag, but it was funny when she tried to retract what she said about Mike's "friend" (with friends like that you don't need enemies). And I totally called that by the way. I knew I didn't trust that guy from the very beginning. But, Michael dealt with him. I loved when Madeline said that Sam, Fi and Mike need to stick together. And the end scene with Mike and Sam was classic.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

GregNickyRyanFan, I agree about Harlan, he seemed a bit off. I don't think that comment was specific enough to require a text box, but if so, sorry to anyone who may have been surprised/offended by any spoilers. Wow, in the time it took me to write that, I could've just put in a text box. Oh, well.

3. GregNickRyanFan

I'm glad you posted the guy's name. I could not remember it for the life of me. :lol:

Does anyone know the name of the actor who played Harlan? he looked familiar and his voice was familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I loved the ending too. Sometimes Micheal's mom can be so profound. That's why I love her character, she's supposed to be that way. :)

The episode overall didn't thrill me as much as I liked. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the show, it's just something about the whole episode, Michael not seeing through Harlan, etc.. that sort of rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, I saw that coming as soon as Michael was released from jail.

And Fi was very cold to him. I found that odd after their 'revelation' about how they feel about each other last season. What I do like about this show is that the romance between them isn't overwhelming it or taking away from it.
    I just didn't see the same sparks as before. Maybe it's just me. :eek:

I'm wondering what the rest of the season will be like. Hopefully Alex Carter :adore: will be on again. ;)

5. Meatball42

Maybe they're just waiting until a few episodes in, or this Paxston storyline or something. From all reports...(do I need a box? Oh,well, better to be safe than chewed out by a mod. No one in particular, if there is a particular mod on this thread. Wait there is. The one who fixed my boxes before. Soory, I didn't mean you in particular. Wow, I have to stop ramblind ad get on with it. Sorry! Pretty much ignore this whole thing. Especcially i your that mod. Sorry again. nvm.)
    ...it's going to get hot (if ya know what I mean!) in Miami later on in the season! Sooooo looing forward to seeing whatever the writers cooked up. Or Michael cooked up on an open-air grill, shirtless... srry. It's late and I'm tired and loopy. Just ignore all of that, except for the spoilers. I really should do something about the rambling. If any1 quotes me, for whatever reason, please don't include the rambling parts.
    Should I just cut out all the extra? No, you can see it how it was originally written, then decide I'm crazy. I really need to get some sleep. Sorry! :)

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by Nielsen Media Research for the week of June 1-7. Day and start time (EST) are in parentheses:

2. "Burn Notice" (Thursday, 9 p.m.), USA, 4.17 million homes, 5.99 million viewers.

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Burn Notice marathon, Thursday, July 2, on USA Network.
    All times are Eastern zone; check local listings for times and channel in your area.

6:00 AM Double Booked (Season 2, episode 8)
    7:00 AM Bad Breaks (S 2, ep 13)
    8:00 AM Unpaid Debts (S 1, ep 6)
    9:00 AM Bad Blood (S 2, ep 6)
    10:00 AM Trust Me (S 2, ep 3)
    11:00 AM Hard Bargain (S 1, ep 9)
    12:00 PM Friends and Family (S 3, ep 1)
    1:00 PM Old Friends (S 1, ep 4)
    2:00 PM Good Soldier (S 2, ep 9)
    3:00 PM Family Business (S 1, ep 5)
    4:00 PM Truth and Reconciliation (S 2, ep 14)
    5:00 PM Hot Spot (S 2, ep 11)
    6:00 PM Fearless Leader (S 3, ep 4)
    7:00 PM Broken Rules (S 1, ep 7)
    8:00 PM Seek and Destroy (S 2, ep 12)
    9:00 PM Sins of Omission (S 2, ep 15)
    10:00 PM Lesser Evil (S 2, ep 16)

8. Mirabella

Mirabella Victim

me 2! but they picked great actors to play mike,sam,and nate:) though

9. GregNickRyanFan

Mike and Fi should go ahead and get married. They already sound like bickering spouses. :lol:

10. Meatball42

good luck trying to convince them to settle down!

11. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: I know.

You know what's funny? The actor who played the guy who was talking about aliens in last night's ep is actually named Michael Weston... and he was on the show which has a character named Michael Weston. Too funny. :lol:

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Haha, I saw that too. That's awesome. :lol:
    Last nights episode was the first one that I've gotten to see this season, and I though it was really good.

13. Meatball42

I loved that guy even more on Burn Notice than I did on House, and he rocked on House. I always wished they'd kept that charater around a bit more (there was talk of having a show after that character for while) but if that had happened he wouldn't be on Burn Notice, so I guess it all worked out in the end, huh?

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I loved last night's episode too.
    Micheal is sure determined. Poor Fi, she's so in love with him. That part was heartbreaking. Other than that, I loved the guy who was convinced everyone was an alien. Love those kinds of story lines.

15. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

I think that's part of their charm. I'd like to see Sam and Madeline hook up.