Burn Notice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hankster, Aug 24, 2007.

1. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

God, I love this series! The whole Fiona and Michael dynamic, perfect, absolutely perfect. That ep when Fiona asked him about Ireland when they first met, and his voice turned accent-y... <sigh> I about melted into a puddle on the floor. I had to hit replay about twenty times. Got the shivers, still do. As for the finale:

I LOVED Victor!!!!! NO! I am sooo pissed they killed the character off. Mind you, I love Daniel Shanks from Stargate, but his character here was so dynamic, three dimensional and he had a lot more potential than just what we saw. Kudos for Fi killing the witch from hell. I yelled at 11 o'clock at night and mind you I live in a townhouse....

Adored the Sam and Fi dynamic when they went after Michael. It's going to be damn interesting next year when it picks back up to see just how he gets back to Miami. He was pretty far damn out there in the ocean. Although, knowing Fi, she probably hijacked a copter or something and followed Man in Black. Also, that guy's prediction about people coming out of the woodwork....

That's going to have some serious consequences. Michael said it earlier on, when you're with an agency, you have protection, even as you're doing these missions. Can't wait til what? summer? or is it fall? I can't remember!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they said it would be on in July.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Just found out that the second Burn Notice paperback is due out on May 5. The End Games is written by Tod Goldberg, the same person who wrote the first book, The Fix (August 2008). Books like these help us through the wait for new episodes.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Saw a commercial the other day that said Burn Notice will return June 4th and will be on an hour earlier than it was before... which means 8pm central (which is the same time as Supernatural and CSI, so it's a good thing those two shows will be in repeat season by June 4th lol).

5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Oooooo, the beginning of June! Weeeeeee! :D Thanks, GNRfan, for the info!

*crosses fingers in hopes of more shirtless Michael*

6. GregNickRyanFan

Shirtless Michael is always nice, but I want some shirtless Nate as well. :D He better be on it more! He's a gem! :)

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Can't wait for this show to come back. I'm glad it's one during the summer because it would be back to back with CSI!

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I just watched an episode of this show for the first time recently. The one with Samantha, the ex-fiance. Actually, I only dl'd and watched the episode because of Dina Meyer, who played Samantha. (Dina ROCKS!) I guess I hadn't realized that Sharon Gless was on this show. Bruce Campbell was fun to watch too. I wasn't too impressed with the person who plays Fiona, but I might have to check out some more of this show.

9. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Gasp!!!!!:eek:

Thats right! We all will! Yay!:)

10. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I've seen all the episodes of this show and she still doesn't impress me. Maybe it will change for you if you watch more episodes but if it doesn't you're not alone! :D

Meatball42 is probably in shock, again, when reading this. I'm sorry, tastes differ. :)

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

On her website forum, Dina said that "Gabrielle is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing".
    While I don't doubt that in the least, the character of Fiona just didn't make much of a positive impression on me.

Dina also said that "Bruce is a RIOT. Hilarious. I really enjoyed working with him."

I'm guessing that set is a fun place to be.

12. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Kaylyne, sorry you don't like Fiona. I loved her from the start. She fits so well with Michael. One day those walls between the both of them are gonna fall down and it's gonna be great to see. I wouldn't mind some more character development behind her character. We know some things about Michael and his past, but Fiona has one also with relationships. Be nice to see some of that especially if it happened to comingle with some of Michael's past associates without them being aware of it.

Less than a month away till the premiere. Thursday's this summer are gonna be awesome.

13. Meatball42

Apparently her brother's gonna show up next season and he's a lot like her... :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Meatball42, please remember to use spoiler boxes when talking about an episode that hasn't aired yet. These details are spoilers and a lot of people want to remain spoiler free. Thanks.

15. Meatball42

Whoops! Sorry. Let's see if I can do it better now!
    Some guy ofers to cancel Michael's burn notice... if he owes him a no-questions-asked favor at a later date...