Burn Notice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hankster, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Anyone watch this show with Bruce Campbell in it? They had the guy that played Clavo Cruz on it this week and it's set in Miami. I keep on expecting to see H, the Hummer and some of our CSI: Miami crew show up. It's a good show and pretty funny.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I doubt if we would see H and company since Burn Notice is ACTUALLY FILMED IN MIAMI. Been a fan of Bruce Campbell since the Briscoe County Jr series. But it looks like Michael's mom, played by Sharon Gless, has run off with Chuck Cunningham from Happy Days into the mysterious zone where TV characters disappear without notice. Maybe the producers gave her a Burn Notice.

3. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

They do some filming of CSI: Miami in Miami, but it is mostly filmed in So-Cal. If TPTB would allow it, we might see a Crime Lab Miami-Dade Hummer in the background or some tall red-haired guy in shades but blurred of to the side at one pont.

Mike's Mom isn't in every episode, so I don't think she's been "Chucked" as of yet...

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like this show. It's fast paced, slick and slightly different from the regular cop shows on TV.

Plus Alex Carter has a recurring role as a Government Agent

:D

I like Sharon Gles and Bruce Campbell too

5. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i've watched this show a couple of times. i really like it. i love the "how to" feel of the show. from getting rid of that pesky drug dealer next door to messing with an expensive security system with a laser pointer and a few cigarette butts.

"better to fight your wars with duct tape. duct tape makes you smart" :D

6. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

The show is like a cross between CSI: Miami, McGuyver and The Equalizer

7. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I just caught the first episode of this show. I enjoyed it. It was slick and humourous, just generally a lot of fun. I'll definately be tuning in again.

Plus, anything with "Old Spice" Campbell immediately grabs my attention. Now if only we can get him in touch with his boomstick...

I also heard that Lucy Lawless is guest starring in and episode coming up. The BSG and yes, I'll admit it, the old Xena fan in me is quite excited about that prospect.

By the way, Jeffrey Donovan looks familiar to me. Does anybody know any of the other shows he's appeared in?

8. Dynamo1

CSI_Ali, I don't know if you are familiar with IMDB (The Internet Movie DataBase), but they have information on almost every actor/actress, movie, television series, director, and more, that ever existed. For Jeffrey Donovan, it shows he was in five episodes of Crossing Jordan, six of Touching Evil, four of The Pretender, two of Spin City, one of Law & Order, and much more.

9. ladyhunter

FYI

USA Network is having a Burn Notice Marathon going on right now. :D

The network is showing all the episodes back-to-back

10. YouandMe1105

YouandMe1105 Lab Technician

And there is a new episode tonight. Only two episodes left this season. :)

11. Dynamo1

> > > VCR/TiVo Alert < < <

As you may have heard during the promo for next week, it will be a two hour episode for the first-season finale, and it will start one hour early (9:00 PM Eastern; check local listings for your area).

From TV Guide online:
    Loose Ends - In the first-season finale, Sam is held hostage by heroin smugglers who also happen to be former Special Forces operatives. Michael must use his underworld connections to rescue his friend as he tries to dodge agents out to get him.

12. YouandMe1105

YouandMe1105 Lab Technician

Awesome. Last night's episode was excellent, as usual. Can't wait for the 2 hour finale! :D

13. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I hope that means it'll be a particularly Sam-heavy episode. I've been waiting to see Bruce really strut his stuff with this role.

The last ep was great. I thought the ending was pretty thrilling. I'm really interested to see where they're going to take this next season, if Michael's burn notice issue is resolved.

14. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Same here, and a fan of Jeffrey Donovan since "Purpose". He was also a baddie on a couple eps of CSI: Miami.

BTW I'm loving this show... :cool:

15. ladyhunter

That's where I have seen him. ;)

I love this show too

I wonder if they are going to keep Agent Bly around.. you know just to be a 'pain' in Micheal's side. :)