The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

can i join the over 30s please? i'll be 33 in august and i'm dreading it!

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh course you can join the club :) somewhere we have some extra rocking chairs so pull up one and make yourself comfortable :)

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

:shifty: We get the same stuff at the drug store on the way to the movies and sneak it in. :shifty: They sell the same stuff for a lot less. :lol:

Of course that's on the rare occasion that we actually go to the movies. The smell of the popcorn makes me sick! I can eat already popped, bagged popcorn that you can buy in the store but I can't tollerate fresh popped popcorn without feeling sick for hours after.

Susan

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

lovely thanks, did you see where i put my knitting? :)

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I am going to be my old geezer self and do a rant about movie theaters. Who, among this thread, HATES stadium seating theaters. It is impossible to stretch your legs with the row of seats in front of you, unless you sit up front in the main aisle. I remember the old theaters where your legs could stretch out under the seat in front of you. Sure the cup holders are nice and the seat backs tilt back a bit, but they are unconfortable for a two hour film. And I remember the days where you could see a double feature PLUS a cartoon PLUS coming attractions and maybe a short news reel AND NO ADS except for the cartoon for the snack counter, all for about $1.50. [/end rant]

Okay, everybody. All together...
    Let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby, to get ourselves a treat.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm the same, but then i prefer to sit at the front and on the aisle so i'm sorted. and i have very short legs. i basically choose the least popular bit to sit in because i don't like people sitting next to me [/weird]

7. Jacquie

I have enough trouble finding mine so don't expect me to try and locate yours :guffaw:When you sit down on the needles you'll find it :D

Ah yes the good old days of movie theatres. I'm short so I've never had too much trouble with the leg room but I do know what you're talking about because I hate getting my seat kick by someone trying to stretch their legs. The only problem I have with the old theatres is that with being short I would always have someone taller than me sit in front of me :scream: I was always peering around them to see the screen. At least now I don't have that problem.

Here, in Ontario at least, the movie theatres would play the national anthem at the beginning of the movies. I don't know when that ended because it's one of those things you don't pay that much attention to. The TV stations would also play the anthem when they used to sign off at night. Now with channels on 24 hours a day they don't do it anymore.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

When I first worked weekends at a part-time job at radio stations, we signed off about midnight and signed back on at 6:00 am, both with the national anthem and detailed recording about the station ownership, frequency, call letters, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. The station I worked for at the time was the first one in this area that went 24 hours.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

and then i'm sure a dog will find me and report me to mac taylor...

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Man, I don't remember the national anthem in movies in Ontario, but I do remember $2 Tuesdays. Sigh... the good old days. And I also remember all of my friends and I being annoyed when it went up to $2.50 Tuesdays. "WHAT? WHAT A RIPOFF! WE'LL BOYCOTT, DO YA HEAR?!!"

And then I went to a movie a few years back in Tokyo and it was the equivalent of about $20... so I decided to only go to movies on "Ladies day" when it was a mere $12. :lol: And their movie popcorn sucked too! :p

11. Blue

Blue Police Officer

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  12. Blue

Blue Police Officer

Hello everybody here!!![​IMG]

I can´t believe what I have just found here:

this thread [​IMG]

although I am writing here for some weeks!

Here is my "Outing":

I am over 30 and I enjoy it!!![​IMG]

I live in Austria together with my son and my husband in a house in the suburbs of the city I live in.

I studied laws in Vienna ( where I met my husband) and now I work as a consulter of the mayor of our city and the administration.

I am quite confident with my life, the only thing I really miss is time. But I think that´s the destiny of every working mother...[​IMG]

About six months ago I "zapped" through the programmes and by chance they were airing CSI New York and one of the cast members seduced me to stay.....[​IMG]

The beginning of my addiction..[​IMG]

BTW another outing:

I am over 30, I love Gary Sinise and I enjoy it!!!![​IMG]

Although it´s a little bit difficult here I found some DVDs ( Impostor, THe STand......) and now I even love him more........

I am very glad I found this thread to exchange my thoughts with you!!!
    ( For I have to say that the younger ones I met are also very very nice!!)

I am looking forward to hear from you[​IMG]

Udonna:luvlove:

13. Jacquie

Welcome to the Club udonna. I'm sure there is a rocking chair around with your name on it. Extra glasses are available in the corner if you need them :D

I received this in an email but I somehow figured it should go here :D

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today…

The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1990.

They are too young to remember the explosion of the shuttle Challenger.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

The CD was introduced two years before they were born.

They have always had an answering machine.

They have always had cable.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been microwaved.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: 'Where's the Beef?', 'I'd walk a mile for a Camel', or 'de plane Boss, de plane'.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

some of those are quite frightening, for some reasons the mcdonald's one really made me go :eek: i have a few friends that are a lot younger than me and most of the time it doesn't register with me but when they tell me their birthdates and say "1993" or whatever i'm going "wtf?" because i was doing my a levels then! it makes me feel so old!

15. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Oh my Jac that is quite a list! :wtf: No that doesn't date us at all. :shifty::lol: