CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Am intrigued by the scene with Danny standing next to the Avalanche. Can't wait to see the context. At first I thought he was getting shot at but when I looked at it again it seemed as though something was thrown.

It's about time we finally got to see things from Lindsay's perspective. Loved the scene with Stella, very funny.

To be fair, that's a pretty realistic portrayal of a woman in the early stages of labour. The screaming tends to start in the latter stages. :)

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I'd love for it to be Hawkes in peril. I love Mac, but he's had a lot of focus this season, and they did the Mac-in-peril storyline last finale for the cliffhanger. I think it would be nice to see how Mac reacts when it's someone he cares about in danger. His Marine training has prepared him for being in danger, but how will he react if it's someone he cares about, in danger in a situation he can't control?
    Plus, we've never really seen Hawkes in danger - except for in SD.
    I don't think it will be Stella, like Mac she's had a lot of focus this season.
    I want Flack drama next season too, I'd love to see Mac and Stella help him deal with his loss, Danny too, if he's not busy with Lindsay and the kid. :rolleyes: I'm getting the feeling from the way Danny has repeatedly not been around when team members are in danger/trouble (Sid and Flack) that we're meant to think he's spending all his time with Lindsay.:rolleyes:

3. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Love it. I think I would have been more predisposed to enjoy this comedy of this scene if everything leading up to it had been handled in a believable remotely well written manner but it hasn’t so it grates on my nerves.

What really grates though is the fact that this is what they are using to promote the final 3 eps.. Give me a break these are the scenes i will be fast forwarding through to get to the crime/action.:wtf:

4. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Finally, Lindsay in a scene I enjoyed. Her "ohnoez, I'm gonna be oh such a terrible mother!" made me chuckle. This is the side of Lindsay we should see more often. Anna is comfortable with this kind of scenes where being believable is not that hard. However, I hope we don't see much of the happy family during 5.24 and 5.25. Actually, I want 5.25 to be Flack's episode.

5. Bunchie

Bunchie Dead on Arrival

i really enjoyed the lindsay scene as well..i thought she was funny and believable at the same time..it seems like it is the early stages of labour..can't wait to see the epi

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

To be fair, when my sister had her first child I think she said "ouch" once during the entire labor and she didn't have any meds on board. :wtf:

That said, I don't see Lindsay "it's all about me" Monroe as the type to suck it up and have a high tolerance for pain. I'd expect the smallest contraction to send her over the edge. But maybe she's just waiting to unleash it all on Danny. ;) :shifty:

7. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

That's gonna be hilarious. In my book, any woman in labor is allowed to whine, complain, moan, make any face she chooses, whatever she wants and that's okay. Unfortunately, Danny's so emotional that his reaction to all of her emotions is gonna be priceless. They may have to get him a bed as well!!! I can't wait to see this episode. I also can't wait to see the ones after it.

8. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Somehow, i'm more interested in seeing Adam's reaction. :lol:

9. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I honestly cannot believe thhey call Belknap's baby "the biggest event" :rolleyes:
    If THAT is the biggest event, then what about the finale cliffhanger?
    Jesus christ! what is wronng with you, TPTB? :scream:

The one thing that I liked about that promo was seeing someone throwing Stella right into Mac's arms. It was about time already!! :drool:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know but that guy's voice on the promo when he says "the biggest event" he sounds like he's being sarcastic to me. So maybe it's meant to be a little humourous rather than serious. :lol:

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I noticed that, too--he seems to be ducking or cringing away from something. It sounded like a shot to me, but I only saw the scene once.

True, and I didn't expect screams--but a realistic portrayal of pain as opposed to the "oh, gee, ow" we got. To be fair, the scene cuts off, so maybe her performance gets more convincing...but then I think back to the snakebite in "Sweet 16" and think that Anna is not very good at faking physical pain.

Wow--that goes beyond tough! :eek: Somehow, I don't anticipate the same fortitude from Lindsay. :lol:

There are some cultures where it's set up so that, uh, the man is made to feel pain when the woman does during labor. Somehow, I think Lindsay would be a big fan of that. :lol:

Oh, no doubt Danny will be beside himself. The guy is still pretty much a big baby himself. :lol: I could totally see him making it All About Him by being ever so dramatic. :lol:

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

There's something wrong with your sister. Just sayin'. :p

I'm thinking that there needs to be a little more exaggeration with the labor scene, in keeping with the other melodrama that's surrounded this pregnancy. For example, water breaking is not a time to be calm, it's a "Get your butt to the hospital an hour ago" moment. It would be out of character for her to be all calm and relaxed during labor; just doesn't seem the type!

13. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

joining in:drool:

14. Blue

Blue Police Officer

:luvlove:Finally............:luvlove:

Udonna

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for the link EE. :)

That said., the first thirty seconds were interesting. The remainder of it... bleh... :vulcan: Sorry, unimpressed :lol:

Look, I just can't pretend to be all happy and fuzzy and uber keen about all this DL stuff. I'm sure it'll be Sweet and Lovely and cavity-inducing and all that. I honestly just hope "the biggest event of the year" takes up minimal screentime. :p

I do try weekly to be open minded about Anna's performances, but somehow a lot of my tolerance has been worn away and I'm simply not interested. Let's just say those ninety seconds were more humourous and insightful due the script than the performance of it. Lindsay's somehow always funnier and more interesting on paper, so to speak, than by her screentime (a la 'this should be funny...'), and DL's never been a draw for me.

I was completely ambivalent about 5.23, kinda biding my time until Melina's ep and the finale until I discovered Charles Dutton was in it. He and Mare Winningham and CT Nelson got kinda lumped together as big guest stars appearing as the season wraps, but other than Nelson were otherwise not previously mentioned in promos for the ep, at least any I happened to catch. Why not use them more? I'da been far more enticed by that news than MiniMontana's arrival. But I guess Charles S. Dutton ain't no Pete Wentz... :p

As for the voice-over tone and script, it did seem to kinda have a self-aware ironic humour to it. Like when Vegas has a truly humourous ep to promo. Might be the only way to interest people in sitting thru it... It's really too bad regardless they're still leaning so heavily on the DL pairing to promo the eps and the season as a whole. I'd like to think the show was strong enough to do without that sort of thing.

As for Mac and Stella, I think it woulda been far more fun if it were Stella were catching Mac ... :lol:

I'm always looking forward to a new ep, but mebbe only about 30 of the 42 mins of this one...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.