CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Exactly!!!

Haha, for those fans that don't watch as ademently as we do won't see anything coming. We on the other hand, who do watch intently, are just anticipating how it will happen.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I completely see what you're saying and I think that would make for a great finale but I honestly don't know if I have faith in the writers to plan that much/think that far ahead. :lol:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Maybe, maybe not. I doubt they read the blue flu thing quite the way I do--I think it was reckless and slightly irresponsible of him given the fact that he and Lindsay are expecting a baby--but there's no doubt that what he did with that suspect in "Point of No Return" was dangerous and reckless. And then in "Yahrzeit," he did suffer some consequences, but not really anything serious--a two week suspension that he basically said he was going to turn into a honeymoon. Mac didn't even chew him out. So there's some major foreshadowing there--if his recklessness doesn't come back to bite him in the ass, it's going to be a lot of build up for nothing. And maybe you're right--maybe we'll never see anything happen. But I think it's entirely possible that we will.

I think it can be tied back into Flack, too. Maybe Danny is the one who convinces Flack to go seeking revenge? Maybe Flack is with Danny when he gets hurt. I think it's well established by now that Flack has a bit of a complex when it comes to protecting Danny. :lol: If anything happened to Danny--especially following Angell's death--that just might be enough to send Flack over the edge.

Starting season six with an over-the-edge Flack? Could be interesting....

4. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

^ I am not sure his recent behaviour is foreshadowing or just they way they use the character of Danny as a springboard for other characters - not sure if that is the right phrase but it's the best I can come up with at the moment. What I mean is, in 'Yahrzeit' his actions allowed Hawkes the opportunity to open up about his uncle and his opinions on racism, in 'Blue Flu' Danny was used to give a voice to the other side of the argument and also gave Lindsay an opportunity to 'defend her man', which was a side to her I don't think we had really seen before. They often seem to use Danny to create a situation where one of the other characters has the opportunity to grow. Lindsay is the best example of this except the growing part never really seems to come off.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

True, but I think that the actions reflect on him as well, and he had a voice in them. He spoke to Stella about his decision to stay home in "The Party's Over." He was front and center in "Point of No Return"--that decision he made was really underscored. And in "Yahrzeit" he did give Hawkes a chance to state his views about racism, but Danny also suffered some consequences for it and had a discussion with Mac about his suspension. So I don't think he's just been a springboard, though I definitely see what you're saying with regards to Lindsay and Hawkes and their viewpoints on his actions.

6. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

For what?, being a chip off the old block. The guy who killed the Native American Chief was punched in the face my Mac, prior to being arrested. If he wants to be moral, he should lead by example.

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Mac is definately a do as I say not as I do kinda guy.

He kicked off at Hawkes for not telling anyone he had meet that girl for coffee (can't remember the episode) and had him removed from the case immediately, but it was totally fine for Mac to invesitgate the 333 killer himself. The man is almost a walking hypocrite at times.

8. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Yes, that drives me insane when people are allowed to be like that. Even though Hawkes and Stella argue back with him, they never pull him up on this. It's a very poor management technique shown by someone so successful.

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

The absence of Danny on the photographs promotion can also be justify by its two weeks of suspension.
    Then, it is possible that Don tries to be avenged and that Danny tries from of to dissuade it in its turn, then that finishes badly for Danny.
    In addition good there the poor Don risks in addition to having to live with the culpability if the wounds of Danny are serious and to make the mourning of Angell.
    Ok, with this scenario, Don does not have any more which a ball in the head but good, at the bottom of the pit well, that I have to draw would like a Don.

10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I hate to be the pessimistic one, but I'm still thinking, Dunbrook equals Mac centric cliffhanger again. Unless us SMacked shippers get our fairytale in 5x24, then they might think Mac has been in focus enough this season. I don't knovv, I'm still in denial about the spoilers for 5.25

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm still really hoping the finale isn't too Mac centric, even though I'm resigned to the fact that it, most likely, will be. :lol:

I can't imagine Flack truly seeking revenge, however much he would want to. So, I don't see the cliffhanger being Flack in danger/close to death. Plus, having lost Angell in the episode I'm not sure I'd buy that the only other (non CSI) detective was in serious danger too.

12. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I could live with the finale being Mac/Dunbrook heavy if the script is better than their last encounter. (what a waste of two good actors that was) Just as long as I don't have to deal with Danny/Lindsay drama. I dont see the episode it being Mac centric but he is going to be involved if Dunbrook is.

In all the promo shots we have nearly everyone from the team there. So to me they are all going to be involved. It looks to be a team oriented ep i.e. everyone pulling together to get who killed Angell and slove the case. Thats what I want for the ep for it to be team/Flack oriented.

I don't want it to be turned into one more way to drag in the new family. Plus I dont want the start of the new season to be "Bringing up Baby." Hell the baby isn't even born yet and I am sick fed up of it.

The ep should be about Angell's death, Dunbrooks son, the case and how all of it affects the team and specifically Flack.

I want to see how Flack copes or doesn't, I want Flack drama damn it!!! And I am going to be pissed off if I dont get it. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I agree its unlikely Flack will be the one in danger. Just as long as its not Danny or Lindsay. If thay are the cliff hanger then its going to be such a cliche/dissapointing/predictable/soapopera type ending to the season.

It would be refreshing/nice if the story ended up involving Adam or Hawkes for a change.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  13. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

My money is still on Hawkes for the CSI in peril at the end of the season.

Although I like the Danny/Lindsay storyline and have enjoyed watching them find one another this season, I think to feature the birth, the happy family, and Danny in peril as a cliffhanger is completely unbalanced for the show.

We're also having a lot of Mac in the upcoming Greek Coin storyline. I know Gary Sinise is the star of the show so it would be in line with his contract to be the star in the season finale. I agree that the episode being Dunbrook centric completely makes me think it will be Mac-focused but I see it being Mac-looking-out-for-his-team focused, rather than Mac in peril.

Unless they are going to kill off Lindsay (still in the vein of too much Messer family to be the season finale) I don't see them using her as the CSI in peril.

I can't see Adam being anywhere close to outside on this one because by the end of the season everyone usually out in the field should be back at work so I think he will be safe in the lab. Same for Sid...he never sees the light of day.

Yep, money's on Hawkes. (Sorry, Faylinn...just breathe...in...out...in...out...)

14. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*hides Sheldon from you evil, evil people* :shifty:

:p I kid, I kid. Honestly, as long as they come back next season, I'm open to anybody being in peril (or whatever) - since I have no idea what the situation will be, I'm excited to see how the season ends. (Usually, with the spoilers, I pretty much know whodunit and how, and there's not much actual mystery in it for me.)

They said there would be a hopeful start for season six, I think - but I don't know if that means the cliffhanger is hopeful or just the resolution when the new season starts. (I'd have to find the exact quote to try to dissect it, and I'm too lazy at the moment. :D) I can't think of a life-in-danger cliffhanger that would also count as hopeful and uplifting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.