Dear Writers...

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Ginnna, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

An excellent idea, Zipster!

Caruso is a very gifted actor. But you certainly couldn't tell it by the way his character has been written in the last couple of seasons.

The writers need to really treat themselves and visit the past and remember how really good this show used to be. How the "team" worked together. I've seen it written that you can't know where you're going until you know where you've been. Maybe it's time for the writers to check out where they've been before they try to determine where they're going.

Horatio once told Megan, "The science is my discipline." Get Horatio back to the science. Maybe then he won't seem so lost. :(

2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

And when you're done with that, please watch carefully how the team pulled together, even during Speed's shooting. They didn't bicker and b*tch at each other so much. They weren't so cold and distant from one another.

And then go look at your Vegas and New York counterparts and notice how the techs have been there for a long time. Notice how they're allowed to have storylines. They too are good actors and are allowed to show their stuff ("A Space Oddity", "Play With Fire"). Alexx had some good storylines back in the early years, but as of late, the only one I remember is Dan Cooper going bad, which was totally unbelievable imho. You may use the excuse that you just don't have the money to pay the actors that play techs. Well how about cutting back on the pyrotechnics? We here in Flyover Country have a saying for that--penny-wise and pound-foolish.

And when you're done with that, if Wardrobe can't get their act together, pm me, and I'll show you where you can get some really good, fashionable, comfortable, sensible clothes at the local Goodwill and resale stores. For a heck of a lot cheaper than Pierre the Expensive is charging you for the low-cut catsuits and the paisley pajama shirts. Who knows? You might be able to afford to get H a new shirt.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thank you for the great air time that all of the CSI's got in episode 7.22. It made the episode so much more enjoyable to see all the characters. There seemed to be more of the team effort to this case. If this can could continue on a more consistent basis,I'm sure I won't be the only happy fan.:thumbsup:

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Dear writers,

I wanna thank you for puting screentime balanced, was really nice see Natalia with the same number of scenes of Cal, the episode [DOA] was awesome, it's was very nice written and I loved the funny scenes. I also liked the interaction of Ryan and Valera, damn, I missed their funny conversations. In 7x22 the CSI's really seemed like a team, and we also had a E/C scene, so that proves we can have our team while having E/C relationship ;)
    Keep it up :D

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yeah, what she said. :p

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This made up for the last few episodes, but not for the last few seasons - so please keep it going this time. But do not forget the creativity. The same song & dance is no good, & very boring - it leaves me with very little interest. Please - let's turn the tides. :)

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

What you both said! :lol:

This episode was wonderful (except for one scene I could have lived without). They weren't snapping at each other, except Tara/Kyle, and characters who haven't been given an opportunity lately were given a chance to shine. And boy did they ever! Natalia ruled this episode. Eva was awesome! Horatio was the compassionate, focused on the victim hero that I remember from when the show was new. Ryan doesn't have to say anything - he's just hot! More Frank, please.

Keep writing stories where the majority of the team is able to work and play well together, and I'll be a happy camper! :)

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Hear Hear! :thumbsup: Great epi this past week!

Great use of the techs. Some great lines. Calleigh had some pretty funny lines, much like in the early days. And the E/C was very balanced and tastefully done. And the characters were themselves! Ryan seemed like he was comfortable in his skin this time. In the past, it was as though somebody stuck a pole up his butt.

And Horatio at the end! Wow! I missed that! We had our caring, compassionate H back! I couldn't stand that dark, distant "Super H".
    Kyle is fitting into his new role very nicely.

And what a twist with that guy who was chasing that one contestant!

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Keep up the good work.

It was so good, I was willing to overlook Frank's suit.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  8. csimiamirules

csimiamirules Victim

OMG!!! I loved mondays episode it was sooo wonderful. Loved H scenes eric and calleighs were great (showed a balanced relationship)...I really hope next season frank and natalia can have more screen time... Eva larue is tooo pretty to not have as many screen time. Kinda nervous and excited for the season finale ...keep up the great writing

9. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

Can you please check your scientific data once in a while if it won't go giving away info to the criminals? I took a forensics course. One of the things that was drilled into us in the short course was that it is impossible to COMPLETELY destroy a human's fingerprint. Acid (which was the example we were given) sure the hell can't fully remove so an intense fire SURELY CANNOT do that! I would buy it if the print was partially destroyed which actually is POSSIBLE but not completely. If anything this makes me want to laugh at the possibility of a criminal trying to completely destroy their fingerprints.

10. Urockmaworld

Urockmaworld Hit and Run

I would really like to see more of Valera and Boti's name in the opening credits
    Also, I would Love to see people appreciating Ryan for all the trouble he went thru, how he put his life and all his relationships(eric and Calleigh) just to save innocent lives. And Ryan having a romantic relationship, Its High Time ryan had someone hu loves and trusts him completely:)

11. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I love the idea of a holiday themed show... just some down time seen with the other characters... we ALL know what Delko and Duquense are up to and that's enough to me... I've suggested before some scenes with H, Ray Junior, Madison, and Kyle perhaps out fishing... I think it would help folks see that H IS human after all...

Alexx has always been a likable character and having her perhaps opening her house for a holiday picnic in her yard might be fun.

And by the way, why are our dear scientificly minded characters so lax in their using 'protection' when getting involved with each other? I mean jeez - we've had to swallow H having an illegit son, Delko being Mr. Playboy that I certainly hope he did the right thing by Calleigh in getting tested for unwanted 'bugs', and even on the lead show CSI with Danny and Montana having a baby out of wedlock. I know sex sells, but sheesh, it might be nice to see our heroes being responsible in that respect... I can't imagine they don't know what condoms are...

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know, in "Freak And Tweaks", thanks to her interaction w/ Cal, we learned that every year Alexx Woods organises a Christmas Party where every member of the team partecipates. What about showing us one of this parties, maybe they can be at the party & they get called out.

I'd also love a murder on a train or some sort of underground or bus. I mean they're in Miami & I'm pretty sure that they can kill people also in a bus or a train & not just on an airplane. We have already at least 3 episodes involving an airplane or an airport. I'd like to see a bus or train in Miami :p

Now, I wasn't thinking about condoms, but I hear you on this. You're absolutely right :lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

We know the characters on CSI:Vegas use protection cause of Nick's fling with the prostitute he befriended. They stated that they found a condom with his dna on it. So, that is good to know. :lol: As for Danny/Lindsay on NY as well as Julia/Horatio, well contraceptives are never 100% effective so that's a possibility... they do sometimes fail. As for Delko/Natalia, well they admitted to moving too fast, but I don't know if that means protection wasn't used. It could have been used and they were worried that it failed. You know now they have a shot that guys can get so they can keep from getting women pregnant?

I second this! It doesn't have to be Christmas either. It could be just them getting together for New Years Eve (since the show doesn't air in July-otherwise I'd say fourth of July) or maybe them sponsoring an Easter Egg hunt for a Children's Charity or something like that. Why is it that we've only gotten a couple of scenes where the whole team are together? The ending of Dead Pool 100 where they're all walking off together and the ep where they're all processing the crime scene when that Mala Noche popped out of the casket and started shooting.

14. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I love your ideas guys :D

What about a birthday party, it could be any of our CSI's, like for example, H [i don't know, just a random guess ;)], we see him alone at home and then someone knocks at the door, and it's our CSI's more Alexx, Valera, Travers, Dave and I think that's it, let me know if I missed someone :p And they are celebrating, there is music, they're dancing, I'd love to see them drinking, like shots or something :D That'd would be awesome, and maybe a competition between Eric and Ryan :devil: And then, their phones ring and the party is over :lol: But that's bad for the investigation, CSI's working with alcohol in their blood?! :guffaw: oh wait wait, maybe the police stops by and tell them to put the music down :lol:

Yeah, too much for our beloved writers :rolleyes:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ooh a birthday party. I think they should have one for Kyle and have everyone there. I can see Ryan leading Kyle into the room where everyone jumps out and yells "surprise". :lol: