Dear Writers...

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Ginnna, Mar 18, 2009.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank you for a great season!!! I honestly think season 7 is one of your strongest and I enjoyed it a lot. Lot's of solid episodes and great storylines so kudos to all of you :).

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I also think it was a good season.For being a show of 7 seasons,it's not bad at all ratings and storyline wise.I have to admit that I only started watching again becouse I believed they were going to hook up Eric and calleigh but at the end I started liking Ryan and super H and a lot of the cases were interesting as well.

3. pxe5

pxe5 Civilian

Dear Writers: Great Season, I am looking forward to Season 8. PLEASE DO NOT BREAK UP E/C RELATIONSHIP. What's the point of taking so long to get them together and then to split them up. It would not seem realistic. In a realistic relationship, couples have bumps in the road and to me this was a very minor bump. Let their relationship play out longer and see where it goes. I think they are a cute couple and lots of fans would be VERY VERY UPSET after all the built-up and then such a big let down to break them up. Also, let their relationship come out in the open.....DON'T BREAK THEM UP WRITERS.......LET THEM CONTINUE BEING A COUPLE. IF YOU BREAK THEM UP, I BELIEVE YOU WILL LOOSE A LOTS OF FANS.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Dear writers,
    In season 8 I would like to see a continued effort to focus on the team as a whole.To have a sense of togetherness,team spirit and trust.The last few episodes have been better with the characters having good airtime(with the exception of poor Natalia)that should continue also,it makes for a much happier fans for all the characters.
    Please give Natalia a good story and airtime next season.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ditto for me.

Also -
    Please use this recent e/c incident to "shelve" the romance for a while. Not everyone gives a hoot to see where they can take it. I don't want to see that the big mess you gave them in the finale was for no reason at all. More focus on the team & the other characters please, less on Eric & Calleigh, & even more less on thier "romance". Your not going to keep viewers by playing out the same story for ... um going on almost 3 years now? Yeah...time to roll it into something else more interesting for the sake of the 13 million viewers who don't give a ratt's behind as to whether or not the couple can make it.

More -
    Can we get back to some forensics, please! Action is great, but in small doses - we don't need the overkill. Please remember the title of your show - CSI: Miami!
    Personal lives are also great, but again -- enough of the overkill, & give it to the other characters. We've seen a lot on Horatio, & far too much on Eric & Calleigh....give it a rest now.
    I'm quite sure there are a million other stories about Ryan or Natalia that must be brewing in your heads, so now would be a good time to get out the pen & put it down on the script.

Not much love but maybe later if you do the right thing,
    Mj. ;)

6. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

mzjud you took the words right out of my mouth!!

7. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

Wolfe has grown up considerably, he's no dunce and he has brains....so please dear writers, use him right and give him at least a back story: If he's able to pass an envelop with 10 grands to his bookmaker and never ever along the show complained about being "short of money" perhaps he just plays poker for fun (like many people) and does not need "Gamblers' Anonymous'.

And may be, H. should not be so hard on him, if he is so forgiving with Delko. This is not tremendously realistic. Wolfe has a rather huge advantage over some other characters in the show until now; he's a human beeing with feelings, temper, shortfalls etc. It may be an idea to exploit this ......:)

8. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

My request is that they make Frank feel like he's a part of the team as opposed to a "silent partner" I felt irked when he didn't say goodbye to Alexx way back when and should be involved more when working for the team.

A promotion for Valera or an episode where the three lab rats play a part in the case and perhaps one of them gets promoted..

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Also, to expand on this maturity, stories where Ryan is not getting into trouble and takes on a leadership role once in a while.

I would like to see more of the lab rats out of the lab (for example the way Mike Travers was in Dissolved).

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I second that. Yes, Frank is a detective & the show is based on CSI's, but over in NY & Vegas, Flack & Brass have much bigger roles. It's only fair that Frank is allowed some more oomph in his role - besides, he's awesome & very much adored. :p

11. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Another reason is that he's stuck it out and hasn't to date or to my knowledge expressed displeasure at his limited role. He deserves a push

12. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

Please bring back equity in screen time for all the CSI/MDPD team members and bring back the great team dynamics that once was on this show.

Thanks for deleting the Dark "H-Vader" scene that was in the S7 finale promo. I love the H-ERO! So, don't do away with the H-action, but we don't need Miami Justice all the time. I miss the caring H involved with his team, his older family of Yelina, Ray Jr., Madison & Susie. (Kyle's Ok too), and his great drive to help find closure for victims and their families.

Definitely, bring back Yelina on a regular basis. I miss that great H and Yelina chemistry.

Dispose of wacky Ron in the 1st episode of S8. H promised he would be dead by Father's Day in S6. Well... what happened?

Last... make "HazMat Julia" really bipolar. Send her to either the North or South Pole for GOOD!!!

Sorry, but S7 was not much better than disappointing S6. The Tara character was a disaster and the E/C "mushy" stuff was pushed way too much. At least, close to the end of S7, there was a little improvement.
    However, for the first time ever, I have no desire to go out and buy the past season CSI:MI DVDs on the 1st day of release. I'll wait till the S7 DVDs go on sell!

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

H-COOL - I so love reading your posts! More often than not I'm in total agreement with your point of view.

And it's so nice to see someone else who really likes Horatio. A lot of fans like to bash on him. I know he definitely has his issues and questionable actions he should be made to face (I actually feel it would be a fantastic storyline to have him face some of his issues), but I just love that character and I really have my fingers crossed for season 8 that we see more of Horatio the "father" and Horatio the "team leader".

I want to see the team that they used to be.

And I strongly agree that I've see enought of the E/C mush to last the rest of my life. And it wouldn't break my heart to see Julia may a final bow - although I did start to feel a little sympathy for her at the end.

I actually think Saris is a hoot, but unless they can come up with a way to realistically expand his storyline beyond his connection to Julia, his time is over.

I still wish we could see Horatio have to return to NY (cross-over, anyone?) and face the charges that were supposedly pending regarding his father's death. Taking Horatio back, with Kyle, could be a shining moment for both Caruso and Ellingson - two of the best actors on the show.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Agreed also. That is definitly one of the biggest plot holes in Horatio, & the story is a perfect excuse for them to do a cross-over -- I could go for it. :p

15. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I disagree with these. Horatio needs a villain that can match wits with him to keep him fresh. I do see a little bit of Lex Luthor in Ron in that he is commits his crimes in a way that Horatio can't pin him. I think eventually Horatio will get him but for the moment its fine.

I thought it would be neat if Horatio is away from the team for the first half of a season and appear briefly as he has to answer for something he did (Don't know how he got away with beating up that Pedophile. That's police brutality and a lawsuit waiting to happen)