Dear Writers...

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Ginnna, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Dear writers

Please bring back Er--. The show will not be the same. I am all for intro of new CSI so keep Jesse and do bring in new labrats. But don´t be fooled. E... is such a long term character and has tangled and heartfelt relations to every character on the show. NO suprise as he is an original character.
    But you didn´t intergrated a new MD on time and you haven´t lately use your labrats to fuel and twist storylines.
    So the fanbase have focus and put time in remaining character. Needless to say that fanbase need characters and protraying actor to hold some sort of indentification mark for people to relate and empatize with.

I acknowlegde that you need someone to appeal to younger fanbase. To bad Tara didn´t work out. And Jesse might be the answer to that one.

But you have promoted the relation Call and Eric to long term viewers and now you want them to turn on to??????

Fans of characters(majority of fanbase; please tjek CSI forums and see the number of treads and post that widely out-do other treads) both Cal and Eric turned on for the storyline and the feeling and the direction of the storyline. Now you hope they tune in for ??????

You haven´t lately promoted your murdermysteries but the E/C line.....so what is your replacement for that???

I wish you the best of luck but need the offer this advise: Get E... back as soon as possible.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

How about crime,murder and mystery!
    Easy answer,this long term viewer wants them to turn to the remaining characters.Especially the underused ones.
    So dear writers,lets have various crimes and murders being solved by our underused characters!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I completely agree. :)

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:Were you just waiting for me to finish?:guffaw::guffaw:.

Greatfan....we allready know Jesse is replacement - Eric. So they allready choose to promote him....I was just trying to get them to refect on storylines.
    1. that is just it: Why have you promoted shirtless Jesse instead of thrilling murdermysteries.
    2. underused characters: Be carefull what you wish for ....If they are making Jesse wing guy ...that just leaves Ryan to srew up again.

If I was making your letter. I would have hoped for a more mature and wise Ryan. BUT then you know I am a hiphugger. I will leave the Ryan/Nat stuff to you.:)

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well that is just it.....Will the Jessefan base out do the Ryan or Nat?

If going by forums in here ....I am not worried H and Call.....But if Jesse gets a large amount of fans then......

Well back to dear writers.

Dear writers.

I hope you decide where you are going this season ....are we doing characterdevolopment or good and overshadowing murdermysteries?
    When doing any characterdevelopment -please try and remember - people do evolve and learn stuff.

Some might want to see a more mature Ryan.

OPS....didn´t mean to double post ....sorry

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

No, to the waiting for you to finish.
    Making Jesse the wing guy(if that is going to be done) does not automatically equate to Ryan screwing up.If the writers can't do any better than that, perhaps it's time for TPTB to comeup with more talented writters.Maybe Jesse will mess up,perhaps Frank,Natalia or even Calleigh.Coming up with quality stories could equal even better characters,and this is with the characters that they have.That is what the writers need to come up with,not someone ripping off their shirt.
    You don't have to think of making my letter.Anyone that knows anything of my previous posts knows I have always wanted to see Ryan continue to grow and evolve,for the writers to stop heaping needless screwups on this particular character.As far as seeing a more mature Ryan,that could be seen toward the end of the season,the writers need to continue this for the character.You don't need to leave Nat/Ryan stuff to me.I'm not talking about shipping and never have been,only quality time and stories for all of the characters.Frankly,I don't care if I ever see another ship again.
    1 Lets have quality writing with limited ripping off of clothing.
    2 Better use of our talented underused characters,all of them including
    Rick Stetler.
    3 Believable character growth and evolvement.Again,for all of the
    characters,including Jesse since he is part of the team.
    4 And as always,fix the team dynamics.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I want to go back to more of what made this show great; the whole team (and yes dear writers that does include those underused characters) working on and solving the mysteries and crimes. Not all of those of us watching this show want soap opera drama.

It real life, people evolve and learn from their mistakes, and TV should reflect real life. Therefore a more mature Ryan is possible.

Thank you greatfan, couldn't have said it any better:thumbsup: You are so right when you stated that a more mature Ryan was there at the end of season 7 and it would definitely a step backwards for him to go back to story arcs where he is screwing up and getting into trouble. It doesn't have to remain his life's role, even if Jesse turns out to be the chosen one. Everyone screws up and having other characters make mistakes once in a while shows these characters are human too, and could make for more interesting stories. All of the characters deserve quality stories and screen time. And I'll second your comment; I also don't care if I don't see another ship again. If the writers can't handle this, maybe it is time to clean house and bring in fresh blood.