CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I could see the death being Flack (if the spoiler about Jess dying is indeed just a red herring). Granted, he is quite popular, but what if EC wants to leave the show? Although we haven't heard anything along these lines, it could be a possibility. I don't think it'd be any of the CSIs because why would they be involved with prisoner transport duty?

I agree that Danny is probably the CSI in peril at the end--he's a dramatic character plus there'd be all sorts of marital drama with Lindsay in the beginning of the new season.

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, all I have to say about the Ausiello/PV bit is... :rolleyes::lol:

TPBP + spoilers + finale + cliffhanger = silly buggers/(0.01% grain of salt * nth) to perpetually shift and accomodate the shell game being played.

Most of me accepted Angell would be the one to go, but still had that suspicion/cynicism/denial nugget going on that wouldn't let me simply accept it as a given.

As for the latest snippet, I guess Angell could be the "something happens to someone else" candidate, if she doesn't in fact die as a result of getting shot. The only thing that still gives me pause is Flack handing over her badge to her father, and the fact that we've not really seen much of anyone's family in eps (besides Sam, and Louie way back when). Guess we'll see.

I'm certainly not gonna give out kudos to TPTB for simply playing the game. :p;)

An aside, congratulations to Anna and her family on the birth of her son. :)

Still taking it all as it comes, but mebbe this does indeed mean there will some things shaken up and a new lease for S6. Really really hope so.

I take the opening credits to be the ones over the montage and theme song. I take any others that appear after that sequence simply to credit guest actors and special appearances, etc. depending on the semantics of the contracts, while others don't appear until the end crawl even. The snippets we've been carefully dosed with are still so wide open as to be subject to any number of possible interpretations.

3. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I agree with your interpretation of the opening credits. That's what I have always assumed. I might be wrong, tho (that has happened before ;))

As for the last sentence, Elwood, I agree 100%. Somehow, there has been major talk in the spoiler threads here of the death being Angell. I guess unless Ausiello or TalkCSI has the official news of Angell going out, then, I hang onto the hope that it won't be her.

I am so sad that ANYONE has to go. Ooh, maybe, it's the theme song. Ya think? That would "change the lineup forever" - in some twisted way. :rolleyes:

4. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Congrats to Anna on her baby. It's refreshing to read about a celebrity giving their child a normal for a change.

Have we figured out if Ausiello's Yes is for the first question or second question. I'm hoping it's the second because I don't want Angell to die.

5. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

If it ends up being Flack who dies then me and this show are f***ing done, professionally.

But I still this it's going to be Angell. I've read the sources myself and they seem pretty legit. Plus, Ausiello might think she's in the opening credits.

But I was thinking that his "Yes." was in response to "Will someone die in the finale?" And then he went on to the PV quote. I think he might have been trying to bypass the "opening credits" part because that totally kills the anticipation. If people know that it's not anyone from the opening credits then no one's going to worry about it. Plus, that really narrows down who it could be.

I mean the oringnal spoiler said it would be a "member of the family" which made everyone think it would be someone from the main credits. So if he were to answer and say "No they're not in the main credits.", he would've given it away. Cause really, who else would we consider part of the family but not in the main credits other than Angell?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, I agree with you, it´s all getting confused and out of hand; if TPTB hadn´t given away the information that one of the team is going to die many weeks before the final, then we would have been spared of all this fuss. Of course, they want us to speculate and want to tease us, but then they should have been more careful to keep their leaks shut. With this new "official" informations they either want to try to cover their failure to keep secrets, or the leak was an intented one to mislead us. In that case there´s still hope for Jessica. But I agree that it´s definitely Mac who will be the one who gets in danger as this Dunbrook thing is his own special case, and I guess this will be the cliffhanger- though that wouldn´t be an original one: once again good old Mac in big trouble in a season´s finale- sounds a bit too much like last season´s finale.
    I think Stella is safe, because Lenkov stated they´ve got big plans for Stella, so I don´t think the big plan is to let her die :lol:....unless this is another trick of his to mislead us :rolleyes:.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Do not mention spoiler sources directly. Mentioning sources means they dry up. You've been around here long enough to know that, so don't do it again.

Agreed. If the answer was actually yes to the opening credits question, I think it would be touted more than it has been so far. At the same time, I don't think Ausiello was being intentionally misleading--I would guess that he either doesn't know that Angell isn't in the opening credits or he doesn't know who's going to die and was told it was someone in the opening credits.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The original spoilers that indicated that Angell would die are the same spoilers we always look at here on TalkCSI - sometimes things change, but they're usually 95% accurate (or something, I'm bad with percentages :p). Basically, it's not unheard of that they'd completely change things after we get the spoilers - but it's rare (and I've never seen them change anything as major as this). So until I see the finale and it's radically different than the original spoilers indicated, I'm still convinced that it's Angell. But I could be wrong, and I won't know until the episode airs. ;)

The possibility of them switching out Flack for Angell occurred to me at the time (because I think you could cast Flack Sr using the same basic guidelines as Angell's father), but that would be pretty much the stupidest thing they could do - killing off Flack would be horrible for the show. As much as we talk about everybody else, if you ask people their favorite character, Flack is consistently at the very top of the list. Everybody has their favorites, but who doesn't love Flack, you know?

In any case, I'm waiting to see. At this point, I still think it's Angell. They could have redone things after the original spoilers were released, or worded them to mislead us, but we won't know until May 20. Darn them. :p

9. Top41

It would be insane to kill off Flack, seriously insane. Other than Mac and Stella, I can't think of anyone less likely to go--not even Danny. Flack brings the funny, the pretty and the authenticity (along with Danny--those two are the only ones who even sound like they're from NY!). The show can't afford to lose that--nor would they want to.

10. Faylinn

*uses Flack to shield Hawkes*

Hey, better safe than sorry. :p

11. Top41

^I think Flack may have seen that TV Guide death poll and is currently pulling double shifts as Danny's personal bodyguard. :lol: :p

12. Faylinn

:lol: Very true. I'll bet his Danno senses are tingling. :lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to agree with you on this one. That does seem like Ausiello's style. He can be a bit tricky sometimes. Especially when he gives those "fill in the letter" spoilers. Those things are annoying as heck. :lol:

Well, Adam is my fave, but Flack is a close second. :) And I agree that killing off Flack wouldn't be good for the show. They would probably lose a lot of viewers that way.

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Several of us have mentioned one source in particular, including references to something that was posted on the web today. Does this comment mean that we can't mentioned that person's name either? Or are you referring to other sources that some people may have access to?

I just don't want to break the rules and get in trouble...

15. Faylinn

^^Something like Ausiello or TV Guide's MegaBuzz column or the Watch With Kristin blog are fine - it's the stuff that isn't on those types of public spoiler websites that we want to be careful of. :) (I hope that made sense - maybe Top can clear it up better than me.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.