CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I would love it if it wasn't Angell, but I think Ausiello is either confused and doesn't realize Angell isn't in the main credits, or was given misleading information. Or, like I said, maybe they'll stick her in the credits for the last episode or the last few episodes to throw people off.

Don't get me wrong--I'd love it if it wasn't Angell. But the spoilers are pretty much completely convincing. If by some small chance they're completely misleading...well, bravo then! Nicely done, TPTB. But then I am going to worry about Danny being the lead NY character to bite the dust in the TV Guide poll. :lol:

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I have no idea if there's much truth to this new information but the immediacy that the information about Angell was released in the first place did seem suspicious to me.

All I can really think right now is if we've been greatly mislead, kudos to TPTB for it. They rarely put so much effort into making things interesting but they seem to enjoy stirring the pot with this and frankly it's a lot more interesting than this show has been for a while. Maybe it's a sign that things will be looking up next season too.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I remain unconvinced, but I guess I'll only believe things one way or another when the episode airs.

*clings to Hawkes*

4. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Im with Fay on this. Ill believe whatever when the finale rolls around. Spoilers were pretty clear it was Angell, until this whole "Another CSI" bologna came up, so theres either a misunderstanding, miswording, wrong info, a combo of it all ... I have no idea. If it isnt Angell, *claps* bravo PTB you will get a fairly large reaction from the viewers I think with that whole flipflop "hahatrickedya" deal.

Im just going to sit back, take everything with a grain of salt (as I have been), and believe it when I see it.

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

That's interesting as I don't recall ever finding out what she named her first child.

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Congrats Anna for your baby boy!!!!!!!! (a new life always is a blessing!)

Sarah---> her first child is a girl and i remember someone mentioned is Olivia (She posted it here)

Regarding new spoilers:

Now i am totally lost. But if she doesn't kick the bucket, who does???????:confused::confused:

I am confused. Finally TPTB have me on the edge of my seat!

Life changing?????interesting but i am equally lost!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  7. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Why does this not fill me with enthusiasm. Is it just me? Personally I would be looking for drama...not fun and spirited in my Crime Show..:(

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Dittos to that. I always thought the release of such crucial information so early was abit odd to say the least. That is why I am a bit suspious. Maybe back to Lindsey again? Only because "Little George" wants her home:) I know people think that would be cruel but it could happen. She is back to work but maybe a little pre occupied now that there is a baby at home. And Danny could try to be the hero.

9. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

But she does appear in the main credits on the episodes she's in right? "guest star E.V." or something like that. Does that count? I'd love it if it wasn't her too!!

*crosses her evil fingers puts on her evil grin and starts to think of Lindsay* Mwhahaha :devil:

...still... :( :scream::scream::scream: I do still think it's Angell dying anyways, sadly... damn you TPTB. Damn you Ausiello and your sometimes silly words.

10. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

You know, I thought about the possibility of false spoilers, too, and the truly paranoid lizard brain immediately assumed that Angell's name had been substituted for Flack, and that Flack would die. Thus, Angell would be talking to Flack's father and giving him his son's badge. The loss of Flack would be a tremendous emotional blow and would certainly affect the rest of the team deeply.

But I don't want Flack to die. He's the only reason I'm still watching.

If he does shuffle off this mortal coil, I can wash my hands of the show with a clean conscience.

11. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I have been given new hope that it is not Angell. Bless all that is holy. However, who really knows? Peter didn't give us much:shifty:
    And Ausiellio's response can be easily misinterpreted. To TPTB's favor. All of this it to build anticipation. So i choose to wait til the finale before I start believing anything. 29 more days to go. And counting. But hope remains for me, that it is not my two fave characters:thumbsup:NOT Flack or Angell. Optimism(or denile), I choose it.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I love much the character of Angell, but I do not want to lose the character of Don to his detriment!
    I prefer that the spoilers are held with what was said, that is to say the loss of Angell!
    It is true that the loss of Don would affect everyone, but why to have it spent so much ahead these last seasons, especially the latter to destroy it! It is true that can be used for to make us well cry, but good, I doubt it!

13. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I'd think Flack would be one of the more popular characters with broad appeal across the various demos, so I can't really see them killing him off.

And while I'd love to be proven wrong, still gotta go with Angell as the most likely death. Unless there is some major misdirection going on with plot, I would think Angell or Flack would be the ones to be involved in the transfer of a prisoner to the courthouse -- seems like it would be a big stretch to have CSI's taking on that role....

Also, Danny is my pick to be the CSI in peril at the end -- would seem to fit with some of the previous foreshadowing. I wonder if Flack will be the loose cannon and Danny will get hurt trying to help him.

I don't think it'll be Mac this time....They will probably want him to do the big scenes with Dunbrook, which will probably keep him out of the direct line of fire with the kidnappers for the most part.

The coma scenario sounds a bit too similar to what happened with Louie, but I could see Danny getting badly hurt and having some health issues to deal with going into next season. Could actually be an interesting subplot. None of that seems to fit with a positive, hopeful start to season six, however.

Bottom line is I'm really curious to see how this all plays out and certainly plan to watch, so in that respect, the producers/writers have done their job well. :)

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I was just going to see if I would have been the first to post the news from Ausiello. Glad someone else did and that we have a discussion going.

Ok, Ausiello isn't giving out names, so who did reveal that it will be Jess? I wonder if this will be like Lost where they filmed like 3 or 4 endings, and no one except a few people knew (not even the actors knew) who was going to be in the coffin until the ep aired. Not that they would really have 3 or 4 people get killed, then hold everyone in suspense till the ep airs, but, this is TPTB we are talking about here - they are confused.

As for the birth - Congratulations to Anna and her family! (and, for anyone old enough to remember this, here is what popped in my mind when I read Ausiello's report: "And I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and call him George"! Can't quite remember, but I thought that was a character who occasionally appeared on Bugs Bunny??? I just remember the line! And no, I am not making fun of Anna and her child - the line just popped into my head as soon as I read the name George.)

Now that we think TPTB are confused, I will watch very carefully with bated breath, every second of every episode till the end of the season, then wait with unbearable anticipation for the 6th season to start.

15. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

FlackFann, I don't think anyone with any authority ever said it was Jess. The fans extrapolated that from many sources, and the fact that her father was being cast as a guest for that episode. It sort of snowballed from there. There were reports of scenes where Flack handed Jess' badge to her father.

The hug him and squeeze him thing I remember from the Tiny Toons cartoon. It was the little girl that loved animals but couldnt' keep any of them because she smothered them with her hug'em and squeeze'em tactics. I couldn't help think of George of the Jungle when I read what the baby's name was. Shows where our minds go, doesn't it?

I'm with you on watching for every nuance and beat in the remaining shows. I refuse to take anything for granted when it comes to what TPTB will do. I can't even count on my sweet little Messer family to be safe. It stands to reason that TPTB will do what will get them the biggest bang for their buck and the largest jump in ratings. I just hope they don't do it at the expense of good story telling and fan loyalty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.