The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Hi Nick_and_Greg! Don't you just love the Love?! :lol:I loved that scene. I wrote a little one-shot based on that, which anyone can pm me to get the link to if they want. ;)

seabird, gorgeous caps and beautiful moments! The thumb on the neck, biting his lip...whew is it hot in here or is it just me?

Was capping Kiss Kiss Bye Bye today and I noticed something that might be reaching. I mean, seriously reaching considering Nick and Greg didn't have any scenes together...but I just had to nab it and share it.

Since this is an episode hugely featuring Greg, and since this storyline launched his (forgotten?) book career, I thought it interesting that in the opening scene where they showed old Vegas in black and white, they showed The Four Queens and a smiling and winking cowboy who also happens to be pointing at himself. The cowboy showed up alot in this opening montage. And when the cowboy faded out to this shot of the California Club it made me think 'hmmmmm'.

Like I said...reaching! :lol:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Aquila, please be aware that double posting is against board rules. If you would like to add more to your original post, you can do so by clicking the edit button (within 24 hours) and add your content.

Thank you.

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

*waves to Nick_and_Greg* Glad to see you again on The Love board.
    I also love that scene from "Leave Out The Rest". Nick didn't like his man talking to the new girl about what he likes or does in the bedroom :devil:

JealousNick!........in the closet. Pure subtext.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] PRICELESS ;)

I like your 'reaching'.:lol: Because we all know a gay Texan cowboy who would love to 'get lost' in certain Californian 'territory' (Greg, of course :devil:)

And speaking of gay cowboys, "Bull" is an episode that is full of a very clear homoerotic subtext; first, we have this scene where Catherine and Hodges talk about "Brockeback Mountain"....And they cut to show Nick and Greg arriving together in the car! Coincidence? I don't think so...;) Later, Wendy enters the lab and calls the boys 'buckaroos' (cowboys). Just put all the things together....

Nick's "help me baby!" look. Too funny:

[​IMG]

With the wedding chapel lady, they were sitting so close together, their knees almost touching......

[​IMG]

4. FallenAngel92

FallenAngel92 Hit and Run

Hi everyone, i havent been here for a while. (Ive been lurking though) :p

So i was watching For Gedda earlier and the diner scene just seems to get better the more i watch it. (and i have watched it alot of times) lol. I find it ridiculous how people thought Nick was staring at the waitress when clearly he was staring at Greg. (I dont blame him) :adore:

The glances and smiles between them *sighs*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also watched the episode from season 8 where Nick and Greg are both sick *forgets name of the episode* anyway, what a coincidence they are both sick at the same time. Like Seabird said, they rub off each other in more ways than one ...:devil:

5. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

HI, FallenAngel :)

The episode from season 8 where Nick and Greg are both sick is "Grissom's Divine Comedy". Catherine, Brass, Warrick were fine.....They were so trying to tell us something with Nick and Greg having a cold.....:devil:

In the dinner scene from "For Gedda", it's pretty obvious that Nick WAS NOT looking at the waitress. He was mesmerized by Greg; in that first pic, Greg smiling to Nick is the most adorable thing ever :adore: ; in the second pic, Nick is devouring Greg with his eyes....:devil:

The other day I was watching "Young Man With A Horn" , and seriously, do Nick and Greg need to stay so close to each other? They're constantly invading each other's personal space and it's pretty clear they're comfortable doing it ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Maggs

Maggs Hit and Run

Nick's two scenes with the bartender....the most proof of Nick being gay EVER!

Even it Nick doesn't know he's gay, the bartender definitely did :thumbsup:

7. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

The scene when the bartender gave Nick the DVD was awesome! He was totally hitting on Nick! But we all know that Nick wouldn't do anything with him because of Greg!

8. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Just watched the episode. I miss the boys working together, but how are they going to work together on the field if lately, Greg is always doing Archie's job in the A/V lab? :scream:

Is this a punishment for being caught making out in the locker room...or something.......? ;) :devil: Probably, Nick was so pissed and cranky in this episode because they didn't let him work with his Greggo....

I agree with both you. That scene with the bartender has to be one of the biggest hints of Nick being gay ever! The bartender was totally checking out Nick's ass! :lol:

Nicky, dear, even a random bartender knows. Just come out already, everybody knows :guffaw:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I totally agree, seabird, he just needs to come out and get it over with.

I loved the scenes with the bartender...Nick looked so sweet and thrown off by him, whereas with women flirting he's uncomfortable and wary, with the bartender he was uncomfortable (but not until after he pulled the wig off) and open. Nice.

And yeah, they guy checking out Nick's ass is a total mirror of Nick checking out Greg's. Hint, hint.

I loved this episode. It was funny, ('He's dead, Jim.' :guffaw:) interesting and there were great scenes in there despite the lack of Love.

I also couldn't help but think of the boys when Hodges was talking to Catherine...no wonder they are keeping it on the dl, they don't want to have to switch shifts, plus technically Nick has seniority. Add the fact that Ecklie's an ass, and there it is.

See? Canon evidence telling us why they haven't told anyone. :thumbsup:

My only problem with this ep is that it's #20 and that means the season is coming to a close. :(

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I loved the episode too (Except I would have liked to see more Greg and the Love) but I agree about the bar tender. I so got a gay vive there, you could tell he liked what he saw as far as Nick goes. I don't think it went unnoticed by Nick either.

Aquila- The scene with Cath & Hodges also reminded me of the boys, and I am always thinking that nobody else knows because like you said, they don't want to have to switch shifts.

11. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I was thinking the same thing. Wow, we all think so much alike in here. I guess it's because we all see what others just choose to ignore and pretend they don't see it. That would be another reason not to make The Love canon, we don't want the boys to have to swift shifts like Sara did. Though maybe if Greg went to swing he'd get more time out in the field and use as a csi and not in the av lab.

I love the bar scene too and my gaydar was beeping the whole time. I was so shocked to see that dude show up at the lab with the woman. Awe, he did Nicky a favor hoping it would get him some brownie points or something else from him. He looked very excited to see Nick, but I'm sure Nick let him down gently about already having a boyfriend.

12. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Hi, Twiz :)

I've just rewatched it and the gay vibe in the bar scene is ABSOLUTELY UNDENIABLE. And it's not a coincidence; I mean, writers, director and actors HAVE to know what they're doing while filming these kind of scenes (the camera angle, the editing....) Homoerotic subtext has been on movies and TV shows since forever and CSI is not the exception to the rule. ;)

As that article about Nick/Greg said: "Look carefully. The subtext is there, knowing looks and all." ;)

After watching "Random Acts of Violence", I'm sure that Greg would get jealous if he found out that someone has been hitting on his boyfriend :devil:

Greg knows that Nick has a nice ass...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Bar scene:confused:? what bar scene? when did this happen, which eppie, which season? Is there a clip on you tube somewhere? Please send me a link if there is.

Discussion point: Parent issues

I think Nick & Greg both have parent issues. I know in fics its normally the the Stokes family who are portrayed as homophobs. I do not think that Greg's family would be more accepting. Although it would be nice if both families were accepting & welcoming of their LOVE.

What I am trying to get at is that Greg seems to have a very strained relationship with his family. We know his mother is over protective & probably smothering. Greg did not tell her that he was a CSI, or that he got beat up (he could have died, and still he did not want to call his mom). I doubt very much that he would come out to his family.

Therefore I think they both have family issues. What do u think?

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Lonewolf, that bar scene happened in the latest episode. 'A Space Oddity'. Nick went to the bar to interview the bartender.

Family issues, I do agree I think they both have. Greg growing up in the SF area though you might think his parents would be more accepting of homosexuality - maybe. Nick's father does seem like a guy who wants to be in control which is probably why Nick left.

15. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Good question, LoneWolfe :thumbsup:

I agree on that. I hope that in next season, the writers will dare to explore Nick & Greg characters more and especially, the obvious relationship between them..... ;)

Greg: I think you're right, Wojo. Growing up in SF area sure made things easier for Greg. We also know he's a only child and has an overprotective mother.. "my mother wanted six children and she only had me..." It's interesting, don't you think?

Nick: I can see Nick being very close to his mother and sisters but having a strained relationship with his father. I imagine him as a distant and conservative judge from Texas who never accepted his son's decisions. Maybe for this reason, in the beginning Grissom was a sort of surrogate father to him and Nick was always trying to look for his approval.
    In "Grave Danger" when Nick was sure that he was going to die in that coffin, he asked Grissom if he had dissapointed him and Grissom answered "No".
    Does Nick feel that he has been a dissapointment for his father? What would the reason be? Why Nick left Texas? There are so many unanswered questions and we only can speculate here.

"Grave Danger" and "Fannysmackin" have really interesting bits of information about our boys. Subtle, as always on CSI, but it's there. ;)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.