Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Oh, I absolutely love that fanfic! The more you read, the more you get pulled into it. You can actually feel the emotions that are going on. Beautiful, beautiful story....exceptional job Gravey.:thumbsup:

I noticed the change in character too. In the early seasons, Gil was more playful and had a more humorous approach about things. The interaction between Gil and Cath was the way it should have been later on. I know their relationship wasn't perfect and they were going to have their disagreements, but I would've never thought, watching them in the first few seasons, that he'd be so cold to her about the way she was living her life (Weeping Willows) only to turn right around and do the same thing. I'm just glad they got their friendship back before he left too. I think it just shows how strong their friendship really is, to be able to go through everything they've went through together (both being at fault at times) and still be right there with/for each other.

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I'm still in the process of reading it, but I'm LOVING your fiction so far, Gravey. It's phenomenal and I love your writing style...You've done an excellent job- keep it up! :)
    :Thumbsup:

*sigh* PureJoy just freaking ROCKS.

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I totally agree with you 4_H, I'm so glad that Gil and Cath were able to get their friendship back to the way it used to be before he left, if he had have left, and their relationship hadn't been back to the way it was before I would have been really annoyed, cause I mean, from the start they were always portrayed as being really close and always being there for one and other, if it had have been left anyother way, it wouldn't have done them justice IMHO... Now I'm just looking forward to a reunion... :lol:

Oh and thanks for the link to Gravey's fic, as soon as I get a chance I'm going to have a little looksie. :D

4. Criminologist86

A hot, steamy, sultry, salsa dancing, tangoing, screaming, moaning, hugging, kissing reunion.....:devil::drool:
    Oh yes, I AM that bad....very, very bad.

5. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Nah Amb, you just got the guts to actually say what some of the rest of us are thinking.:lol:

I don't even want to think about thinking about what would have happened had they not got their friendship back before he left. It would've just been unbelievable and wrong on so many levels. You just can't let what they have with each other go away. It won't go away.

Oh, I can't wait for the reunion, but right now I'd settle for a phone call. When are we gonna see her talking to him on the phone? I really hope he gets mentioned in the upcoming eppy that looks to be pretty Cath centered. Flashbacks would be ideal.;)

6. Stepherweps

:lol: You're right there.

I agree with you, we need to have some mention of Gil, a phone call would be amazing, I'd love to hear her talk to him, I'd love for them to have one of their cute little bantering moments over the phone, maybe she could call him up to ask him something about entomology, and he'd get excited telling her about bugs, and then she'd tease him about missing the job, they he'd tell her he missed her... :adore: Gosh, that would be an amazing scene... As for a flashback, well that would be even better... But right now I'd settle for a phone call. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  7. Criminologist86

Well thank you, ladies :) I have no problem saying it...I'm the kind of girl who advertises her period & PMS on facebook (I'm not kidding...if any of ya'll who post on here have facebook, pleeease feel free to friend me under Amberle Rochelle, and I'll totally accept.) so I have no problems with saying what EVERYONE else is CLEARLY thinking! Why not? :)

I'd really go with a phone call too....I can't decide though; would Catherine (granted she got the call on her cell in the car, at home, or somewhere by herself, or at work in the lab or at a scene) get emotional and shed some tears, or be her usual "What's up, Gil?" self, and act as if nothing had changed? Not that the latter would suggest that Gil's leaving hasn't impacted her, but I think ya'll get what I'm saying. What do ya'll think?

I'd personally love to see her cry....I think it'd be cute. But those stinking TPTB probably would make it so Catherine missed the call....jerks.....

8. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Sorry I really haven't been around in a while. I always happen upon the thread at perfect timing: for example, when nice things are being said about me!! :D

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback. I'm really glad those of you who read it are enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying holding stuff back. :p I just need to write the epilogue and hopefully I'll get to that before finals and such otherwise I just won't be able to finish before the summer. But I will try to update as soon as possible!

Reunion...how sweet that would be. Any gossip about Billy coming back soon or is that down the drain? :(

9. Criminologist86

Gravey: He's mentioned it in an interview (I think it was the todayonline one), but I was honestly expecting him to be in the 200th episode (which, in my opinion was a HUGE failure on TPTB, the Writers, etc to NOT have him in there...like EPIC fail), but obviously that went south....Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure he said (at least strongly alluded to the fact he would be) he'd be back a couple of times....we'll just have to keep an eye on it, I guess.

I loved your fiction- I love how you kind of make Gil a different, not so introverted person...(not that I don't like the way he really is ;p) Keep updating- I wanna read more :)

So, is she going to cry when she gets the phone call or not? :)

10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think it would depend on where she's at and if she's with anybody or not when she gets the call. I'd like to see her setting in her office after a tough case with her head down and then her phone rings. She let's out a sigh of relief and they exchange heys. Then she tells him, "It's so good to hear your voice." and he says, "Well, you always told me I could cheer you up just by the sound of my voice...sounds like I called just in time. Tough case?" Then, she starts telling him all about it.

11. Criminologist86

Oh GAAAAAAAAAWD that is PERFECT....absolutely beautiful, sweet, sensual, amazing, perfect.....*goes to find TPTB, waving all sweets made by man...Come here, boysies...come on....*

12. Stepherweps

Aww, I think that would be a really cute scenario 4_H, although I doubt that she'd cry, and that's because, I'm certain that this won't be the first time she's spoken to him since he's left... I mean just because we haven't already seen/heard of them speaking doesn't mean they haven't... I highly doubt that he's going to leave her behind and then not talk to her... I mean come on, who would do such a thing to their best friend... He's not going to leave his best friend of 20 odd years behind and not talk to her for months... Well, that's just my 2 cents...

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree Steph. I don't necessarily think she'd cry either. I'm sure they've already spoken a few times, you know one of those 'behind the scenes' moments that we don't actually see, but know happened.:devil: Like you said, true best friends just don't do that to each other. Besides wouldn't he have to call and check up on man's best friend...and no I don't mean Cath.:lol: Seriously, who else thinks Cath's got Hank?

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Great point Steph. I also doubt that he would just cut off his connection with her. This is a 20+ year long friendship we're talking about. They must have been talking on the phone and emailing each other. Otherwise Catherine wouldn't have know where Gil has been. Remember when Ecklie asked her that in The Grave Shift after she watched Gi's stuff being taken away from his old office?

And I love the idea of Cath getting Hank. I imagine he and Lindsey would become great firends. :)

Speaking of that, I have another fic to recommend. lol. The title is Courting by Email, written by Anne. It's an adult fic so I'm not linking it here, but you can find it at graveshiftcsi.com. I'm sure just seeing the term "adult fic" is enough for a lot of you to go read it. :devil:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  15. Stepherweps

I'm glad that you agree with me 4_H and Erica. :D There is no way that after such a long and close friendship that they'd cut one and other out of the lives just because they no longer worked together... I mean, for all we know Gil could be back living in Vegas, just not working as a CSI. ;) Oh I love the sounds of that... Hehe, I also like the sound of Cath having Hank, obviously he would have left him with someone he cared about and trusted, and it would also be a nice reminder of Gil for her. :adore:

Oh, thanks for the heads up about that fic also. :devil: *Hurries off to read it.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.