Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Re: Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Easter Fire sounds good to me :lol: Yeah I was at one... in our neighbourhood was one. It was kind of cool, didn't really expect that... but I met a couple of old friends which I don't get to see that often since I live in Meißen most of the time...

I'm from the prejudiced east Saxony where they all speak that crazy :guffaw: At least that's what all the other Germans say... well I need to say that I speak much more clearly then some other German's :devil:

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Do you mean bonfire?

like this?

In my area we have those during the easter and people in south, east and north are like "WTF?" because they burn those in Midsummer

3. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Know what you mean... here (I mean in Germany) also not everybody knows about that... but I like it :)

4. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I spent easter alone cause my family is like 600km away from my place. *lol*
    But it wasn't that bad. Actually, I didn't ate too much which is the best part. :lol: And I watched so many movies. Can't do that at my parents' home.

I even watched 'Die Hard' and 'Die Hard 2' for the first time in my life. I can't believe that I haven't seen that before! :wtf:

At home we also have the 'Osterfeuer' but I can't remember of my new town doing that, too. But I don't want to know. I only want to finish my studies here and then leave. Don't like it that much which is probably because I, again, found an annoying housemate. I must have something in my perfume or so that I always get to know the stupiest and weirdest people.:shifty:

5. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

:guffaw:That sounds pretty funny :) That thing with your housemate I mean... the two girls who live with me are quiet okay... I study not that far away from home so I can drive and need to drive home every week.

But I love staying in my students flat more... there I can do what I want... and it's the only place where I have internet so I'm in heaven right now :D

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Heh, I built my own little one :p
    My sister lives in south, near capital nowdays and was sad that they don't have that kind of thingy there and people don't know about it. She works for the city and said tha on Easter, she'll build this HUGE bonfire and get citypeople (small city) to see it!

But it's cool, when it gets darker around 9pm and if you drive around, you see fires here and there

7. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah, that's pretty cool :) But even more I like the atmosphere there with all the people sitting arround the fire because it's normally a little too cold to be outside at that time... and then people singing and guitar playing... that's a time when you can talk to people you normally don't get to see that often and that is just great :D

8. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

And having a drink, too. :D

But I can only agree. I also liked the atmosphere. Haven't been to one since..*whoa* don't know...loooooooong ago since I saw one. Oo

That's the problem in studying and studying far away from home. My friend has just been home (no, wait. she's still home because she wants to attend a concert tomorrow at her home) for easter. I can't do that. Takes too long by train and is not really cheap. Not even with the great 'Dauerspezial'. -,-
    And my friend always says to me I should travel home more often as she's doing the same. For her it's not that far away. She's from Thüringen but she entrains here and gets out at her hometown. So that's not that bad. If I'm going home it takes at least 6hours (even with an ICE from Berlin to Dortmund) and I've to change 1-5 times (depends on which way I'm travelling). Really annoying. And if I say that it's way too expensive to travel home that often I'll only get a stupid 'Whatever'. :rolleyes:

Yep..enough random... I'm hungry. :lol:

*goes off to eat and rewatch 'A Space Oddity'* :D

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Ohhh that's so sad that traveling home is so damn expensive for you :( For me it's also not that far away... I've got that great 'Bahncard50' which helps me alot cuz I only pay half the normal price :) I haven't seen 'A Space Oddity' yet... don't know how to get all the new episodes... that's so damn frustrating because I sometimes really don't know what they here always talk about :shifty:

10. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

My friend also has a Bahncard 50 and she combines it with the Dauerspezial. But a Bahncard is not an opportunity for me cause it's too expensive for the four times I travel home by train. Most of the times I book the ticket very spontanous cause I don't know yet when I can go home because of my exams. And if I then know the cheapest tickets are already gone or the cheapest is 69€ (one way).... *yuck*

You don't know??? :eek: Really? Ah..have to change that! I'll send you a pm. :)

11. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Man that really sucks for you :( I travel always arround 3 hours before I arrive home... by car it would only take on hour... but that's something I need to do cuz I don't have a car, let alone a driving license... but if I compare that to you I need to say that I'm lucky :)

You really want to do that for me??? That would be so awesome :D Then I would be up to date for the first time I joined here :) awesome...

12. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I was thinking to rent a car and travel by car. But even by car it takes at least 6 hours. I have to drove via Lübeck, Hamburg and Hannover and there's usually kind of traffic. And you also want to make a few breaks. So by train it's less stressful...somehow. Oo

I don't have a car because I don't one here. You can get everywhere by bike. And if it's raining you can take the bus. So..no car needed.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Wow, going by train for 6 hours would possibly drive in crazy. :lol: But really, it's indeed very expensive.
    I'm living in the city where I'm studying, which is good. My best friend lives near Dorsten though, which is around one hour with the train from here (plus the time I need to get to the main station, which makes 2 hours altogether). I'm glad we have this NRW ticket now; I think 100 € every half a year is really cheap for that. It's annoying she's living so far away though.

14. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

With my Bahncard 50 one drive home cost me 10,40€ that's good cuz I travel home every weekend for get my clothes washed and so on :lol: And the three hours sitting in the train I study, so I have more time for Talk CSI when I'm back in my students flat :thumbsup:

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I think that's a good way to spend the time. Maybe I should do the same next time I'll visit my friend. :lol: It's better than listening to music while my butt hurts more and more with every minute. :lol:
    ETA: Is it still warm over there? Here it started to rain again and it's getting cooler, too. Well, as long as it doesn't start to snow again... lol