Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

That's tonight? :eek: I was just wondering what I could watch tonight now that my friends don't have time, so I'm definitely gonna watch that! Although I have to admit that it'll be a bit too late in the end, I think it'll end at about 11.30pm, won't it? However, I'll watch it and I'm looking forward to see all the great scenes again (*remembers handball world cup*). I just hope they won't spend too much time on Knut, this stupid bear. Sorry but I'm fed up with it, it's cute, okay, but so are all young animals. However, if the show sucks I still have something else to watch... *glimpses at download manager - 20% to go!*

Edit:
    Christmas songs? Yeah, I prefer the English ones, too. Especially "Driving home for Christmas" by Chris Rea, that's wonderful, and it's just perfect when you're driving home while listening to it. Of course I also like "Do they know it's Christmas time?", the version by Band Aid, that makes me think a lot about how lucky I am to be able to celebrate Christmas, and how stupid I actually am that I don't even like it while others would give everything to have a Christmas like that... "Happy Christmas (War is over)" by Neil Diamond has the same effect on me.

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

we're dying again :lol: another attempt to keep this thread alive ;)

so i watched "2007: M, B, E" and i loved the "Brustmuskelzucker"! :lol: they crack me up everytime i see them! wow and that baby, only 300g! :eek: boy, it was like a bird. but i'm glad to see that she's doing fine. that woman who almost fell off that parking block :lol: what the heck did she do?!

3. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I wouldn't say were're dying again. At least the thread is still at the first page. :lol:

I've seen a little bit of "2007:M,B,E". But I've seen the lil girl. She's very cute. I'm sure she's doing (really) fine soon. :)

But what's with the woman? What parking block? Must have missed that.^^

4. cathwillows

that woman who wanted to park her car but then somehow drove through the barrier :lol: the rear of the car hang out of the parking block. they showed her together with Jan Hofer.

5. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Ah..okay... can't remember that thing.

But then it's not unusual that people say women aren't able to park their cars. :rolleyes: :lol:

6. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

The "Brustmuskelzucker" were really funny. :)

In spite I´m not really a fan of yearly reviews on TV.

7. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Re: Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Is this thread already dead? Last post in dec 07? :wtf::(

Let's try and revive it. :)

Are there still germans/german-speaking users out there?

8. cathwillows

*raises hand* I'm here, I'm here! *jumps* Thanks for bringing our thread back to life. I tried to find it but to no effect. I can't believe that there aren't enough Germans here to keep this thread going...kinda sad.

well what can I say?...Thursday I made the coolest easter-eggs EVER! :D Have a look

[​IMG]
    Aren't they pretty? I couldn't bring myself to eat them yet...maybe tomorrow for breakfast.

9. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I used the search but couldn't find it either. So I just checked the post written by me and tada. There it was. :D

The eggs look great! It's always hard to decide to eat things you created. It's the same with a great sandwich that took so long to create. Or a cake. I remember that I made such an awesome chocolate cake with such a specific decoration that took me 3hours that I didn't want to ruin it by eating. :lol:

10. cathwillows

Yeah exactly! My friend made a cake for easter that took her about 10 hours to make :eek: It was a pirate ship (right, nice easter theme) but anyways, it looked amazing. They had to somehow transport it to her sister's and on the way...it melted :(

Btw, I still haven't eaten the eggs :lol: I'm pretty sure we will keep them until you can't eat them anymore and then try to conserve them somehow :p

Finally, nice weather in good old Germany again. My mother and I worked in the garden. We had to plant a new hedge as the old one had withered. It was one hell of a project but we succeeded :D

11. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Oh no. It melted?? How did that happen? Has it been too hot and she used icecream or chocolate? It's always sad if a cake get ruined though you take every precaution.
    On my 13th birthday I ruined my strawberry cake. -,- It was kept cool in a fridge in the basement and I wanted to get it because it's been coffee time, you know. So I grabbed it, turned around and suddenly it flipped off my hands and crashed on the floor. Totally destroyed. My brother almost died laughing while I ws crying so badly because of my beautiful cake I just murdered. *lol* My dad went to the grocery and got a new one but it wasn't the same. Since then I never carried a cake around. I'm gladly making them and decorate them but carrying to the table? Nope! Never ever again!

When I visited my aunt lately my cousin had made an apple pie and guess what? She was making jokes about me how I could throw my cake through the air (which was because I refused to carry the cake I made for that day). And while she was joking around she was holding her pie and suddenly it flew against the wall and from the wall on the floor. Dude, we bursted out laughing. :lol:

So..I'm the one killing cakes and my cousin's the one killing pies. We're really completing ourselves. :lol:

Yeah. The weather is really great. Sadly the beach has been destroyed to be renewed. That will take months. -,- And the next beach isn't that easy to reach by bike. So I'll stay on the balcony, eating strawberries and drinking banana shakes. :D

12. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Wow is that a German thread??? I've never seen it before... Great :D

I'm fully German too. I'm from Bautzen, that's a twon in east Saxony. At the moment I'm studying in Meißen, near Dresden which you propably know.

My English sucks and I haven't thought that I would find any German's here... well great to find you all here :thumbsup:

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, I totally forgot about this thread! :lol: I'm from Germany as well, from Northrhine Westfalia. How do you translate 'Ruhrpott' into English? ;)
    So, you guys all had happy Easter? We didn't do anything special over here. Also I didn't manage to eat all my chocolate yet, which is something special. :lol:
    I'm glad the weather is getting better. It's great to run around in a T-shirt again, not in a thich winter coat. lol

14. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

You know 'Ruhrpott' is just that 'Ruhrpott' :lol: At least some good old German words we can use here :lol:

Spend my Easter at home and that means visiting family and eating and eating and eating :guffaw: I didn't even get the time for my chocolate yet... but that's a good thing :)

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:guffaw:Good then. I'm from the middle of the Ruhrpott. Well, almost. lol My father is working in Bochum. You know Toto and Harry? They're working around where he works and he already saw them a couple of times. I think they're the most funny cops ever. :lol:

Easter and eating. *sigh* All the delicious things you get to eat then. Did you also go to an easter fire (is that the correct translation of Osterfeuer)? I think somewhere not far away from us they must have had one, because you could smell it even the next morning. *shudders*