Episode 7x21 Chip/Tuck ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Calleigh and Frank's scene made the episode worth it all! How cute were they both? :)

I used to think that Ron Saris was a joke as a nemesis for Horatio. I've changed my mind. This guy is freaking nuts! He's great and I love watching and wondering what he's going to do next. Besides, he's a hoot! I love watching him and Horatio interact.

I miss Natalia. Her scenes are not near long enough. I'm really beginning to wonder if Eva has something happening behind the scenes that is requiring decreased screen time.

It was nice to see Ryan (though I would have liked to see more of him).

I really enjoyed seeing Kyle again. I think it's great that we are seeing Kyle as a seperate character and they are not tying him in everything he does to Horatio - especially since he is working in the lab. I think that's really smart if they intend to make him a permanent part of the show. He needs to establish a seperate identity besides being Horatio's son.

Mites in your hair! Ewwww. Gross! I thought the chipper thing was kind of cool, though. ;)

2. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode!

The "death by wood chipper" was great! I told my dad that it was going to happen after I saw the sneak peek on the CBS website, and he got all excited about it. And then during every commercial break he would turn to me, grin, and mimic the sound of a wood chipper. I'd love to see more unusual, violent deaths like these.

The scene with Calleigh and Frank was PRICELESS. That by itself made the episode great.

I also loved how they switched up the teams and had Calleigh and Eric each work with Ryan separately so it didn't feel like "Calleigh & Eric vs. The rest of the team" I love to see E/C working together, but they've got to mix it up more.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You're not the only one. I would have rather seen Alexx and Kyle in a scene like that. I can imagine what Alexx would have said at Kyle's knowledge. "Well, look at my boy. You've been studying." :lol: It would have been cute.

She was in one scene with Eric, telling him about wanting to get at donor DNA from the vic cause he had Lukemia.

Oh yeah, that was a funny line. How did I manage to forget that one? :lol: Why is IAB carting around a criminal informant anyway? I didn't know that was their job. :lol:

In the Frank/Cal scene, she looked like she was thinking "Gees, Frank you seriously need to get a girlfriend". :lol:

That bugged me too. I kept thinking, "no, dummy... don't answer the door!" :lol:

Ryan was actually in the episode more than I figured he'd be after the last ep being centered around him. I thought it was funny that Eric was teasing him about watching sci-fi though. It felt to me like they were back to their regular selves. Like Eric wasn't mad anymore or something. Still, I wish they'd let us seen Ryan telling them what really happened cause I would have loved to have seen their reactions.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yea that completely freaked me out! I was itchy after that and it got to my OCD. Poor woman, I would've freaked out more than that! :eek:

5. csi_justine

csi_justine Witness

Well we leatrned a lesson for me after that i'm am never going to get hair extensions! NEVER!!!

6. GregNickRyanFan

me too. I would have been like "um... do you have a shower and some lice shampoo I can use?" :lol: I don't know if lice shampoo would kill mites, but it'd be worth a try. :lol: My head's still itching from the thought of that. Yick!

If I did, I'd be making sure they got cleaned first to get rid of any mites that might be on them. :lol:

7. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

This episode was great, it kinda freaked me out a few times with the mites in the hair and bits of body everywhere and poor womans face but I enjoyed it.

The part with Frank in the interogation room was just hilarious!! I mean could he make any more obvious :guffaw:and the way Calleigh looked at him when he couldnt even say her name it was sooo funny!:guffaw:

I loved the hole H, Ron and Stetler scene it was quite funny. Ron just freaks me out even more now then he did before :lol:

Loved the way Calleigh had tears in her eyes when they were talking to that woman, It was so sweet. :)

Didnt Kyle just look so cute!! I loved that scene, minus Tara I still dont like her :rolleyes: It would have been nice to see Alexx in a scene like that with him...I so miss her :(.

Anyway great eppie :)

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I am glad that I gave this episode a chance becouse it was worth it.Plastic surgery going bad is something that happens a lot and there is nothing glamorous about it.I consider Miami the least realistic of all CSI so i was surprised about how everything was managed.The scene where eric and Calleigh interviewed the wife was touching.

Saris was so freaking funny!! I am looking forward to see him again.

I still find Stetler boring and same as kyle.

Overall,I liked it so much that was not bothered with the lack of continuity with E/C/R.Maybe at the finale.

9. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

very good episode-liked the one liner, loved how irritating Ron is w/"Red" it's so schoolboy, really liked how Kyle was studying and he didn't freak out by the blood just went into work, loved how Ron had no fingerprints for Horatio to catch him on. Oh and finally only a truly sick deviant messed up guy like Ron Saris would rig a laser knife to cut up his 'wife' Julia-how random like putting in a bomb-I mean what if it had been Kyle to answer the door or some stranger? Mailman or UPS? sick psycho for sure...But dumb trusting Julia, I guess if she's not on her meds she's not as sneaky and criminal like she was when she dated Saris? she lowered her guard and didn't listen to Horatio at all..so I guess the spoilers about Kyle getting beat up were too soon or not at all? maybe they changed the script-too much going on this episode anyway? Ron Saris will return though-maybe into next season if things don't get resolved soon but we're getting another repeat next wk already so we'll just see..

10. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

I liked this one. I was a little peeved that they didn't even mention the Eric, Calleigh and Ryan tension that was in Wolfe In Sheeps Clothing, but mostly it was a good episode.
    Stuff I liked:
    Kyle actually learning stuff....yay!
    That lady who went crazy with the plastic surgery freaked me out at first. So did the lady who killed the doctor....Bonnie, or whatever her name was. She looked like she'd had too many surgeries.
    I LOVED Frank and his little stumbling act. He was so nervous around that women....it was adorable. Rex Linn really needs more screentime.
    Natalia actually got some lines this week! Good job, writers! Now, if only she could get a storyline....
    Travers. Is. Amazing. That's all I'm going to say.
    'Let's go Stets.' My favorite line in the entire episode. I really do like Ron Saris, he's great.
    I also loved that Kevin Rahm was in it. He's great on Desperate Housewives, and I liked seeing him in Miami.

Stuff I didn't like:
    Like I said before, the lack of continuing with the Calleigh, Eric and Ryan stuff. They were mad last episode, and then all of a sudden they're best buds again.
    Julia.
    Tara knowing more stuff. I get that she's smart, but really, as of now that women is acting like a walking encyclopedia. I like the quirky little facts every now at then. But when she says them in every episode they get a little annoying.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  11. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I was too wondering about the Ryan/Calleigh/Eric thing. Although I didn't think they would bring it up. I guess we'd have to imagine that Horatio told them about the whole thing.

The episode was alright, but not as intense as the last month or so has been. The CSI Miami make up department had quite a workout. That woman with the messed up plastic surgery freaked me out a bit, and Ron's makeup was pretty good as well. The whole part about that woman (who ended up being the killer) entering the department and all the guys drooling over her was funny. Frank was hilarious, I loved the look that Calleigh gave him when he was stumbling over the words. Too funny!

Alright, I'm going to say it. I know that there are a lot of Assler, I mean Stetler fans, but I can't stand the man! (the CHARACTER not the ACTOR) He is such an ass! (lack of a better word) I can't believe that he is allowing Ron to help them out on some cases? And he was so vague about it too when talking to Horatio. It's like he is using Ron to help him investigate the team again or something. :confused::confused: Does Stetler not understand that Ron is a coniving, sinister, evil, murderer??????? Rrrrrrr! :devil::devil::devil: I just know that Stetler will be back when he returns to dig up more dirt on the team. (the drugs, Calleigh/Eric, Ryan's actions in "Wolfe in Sheeps Clothing, etc) Stetler just has it out for Horatio and the team what next???? Okay, I've vented now long enough! No hard feelings for Stetler fans! LOL :)

12. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think it was Stetler's call. He was giving Horatio a heads up, which I thought was rather nice of him. Stetler doesn't call all of the shots. He has bosses that he has to report to. They are the ones that make the big decisions. Besides he told Horatio that if they have Ron this close, they can get something on Ron to use against Ron later. I guess some people must have missed that part... it was towards the end. But, they were all whispery and it was kind of hard to hear. I had to up the volume on my tv. :lol:

To answer your question, yes Stetler knows what Ron is and what he is capable of, however, his hands are tied (by his bosses). That's why he told Horatio to hold back his feelings cause if he went after Ron he could lose his job. If Stetler really was that out for the team (I believe the majority of that animosity has passed- it appeared that way in Down The Wire that Stetler was somewhat concerned for Horatio which says a lot) and for Horatio's job, he wouldn't have given him any warning at all. He would have let Horatio do whatever to Ron so he could have Horatio's job.

I believe the writers are making Stetler more sympathetic, just like Vegas' writers did with Ecklie. Ecklie started out as a jerk and a half, but then after Nick's abduction, he eased off and became a lot more friendly. I believe they are doing the same with Stetler. Like I said, he seemed more friendly in Down The Wire and he did a good thing in this episode by giving Horatio the heads up so that Horatio doesn't go after Ron and get in trouble with his superiors.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I really think Stet was looking out for him in a wierd kinda way, like he was doing something right (so he thought) and it just crushed H everytime he said something and especially in the end where Stet says him and Ron were working together.

Has anyone got a clue what that monster of man (Ron) can do? AH!:( ANd this is not the time for him to pop up: what about the Russian mob? OMG, I sense pure evil this end of the season.

Man this is SO gonna get Stet in some trouble when it surfaces that Ron is actually up to no darn good! This leads me to think that Stet might get fired...hm. Sorry, just thinking aloud.

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Ron made me laugh in this episode. I enjoyed watching him!

Calleigh seemed to feel sorry for both Mrs. Corbett and Bonnie. I felt sorry for both as well. I felt for Mrs. Corbett with her plastic surgery gone wrong and for Bonnie coming to the painful realization that she was made to look like someone else. When she started pulling out her extensions, that was a real good scene!

Kyle is adorable! I like him as the ME assistant.

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I do too, didn't think I would but I like him.