Episode 7x21 Chip/Tuck ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 10, 2009.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I have started warming up to Kyle's character.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It actually crossed my mind that somehow Ron and the mob might hook up and cause H and the team A LOT of trouble.

If it came from Stet's bosses, he might be okay, unless they decide to pass the buck on to him.

3. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

*big happy sigh* Stetler in TWO scenes this time! :drool:Definitely worth the wait! (WAAAAAH! They covered his mole! :scream:)

I believe this last eppie was the best one all season. I also like how they had the different lab techs involved, rather than the CSI's moonlighting as techs. Made it more real. Hope Maxine Valera's just on a little vacation and wasn't laid off or something.

Ron Saris went from creepy to REALLY creepy in this one! YEESH! Should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

4. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I have to admit, despite the serious lack of Ryan and Natalia this episode, I really enjoyed it! Ron is so evil and at the end I really wanted Horatio to punch him! Don't worry Caine, you'll get your revenge!!! And I have to say poor Julia! And she can't even get any kind of justice. I think Ron is going to be my favorite villian of the last two seasons...of course, we have yet to see what Ivan and the mob will do to the team the rest of the season so we shall see. :shifty:

Things I liked:

1. Tara/Kyle scene: I thought that was the most cutest scene on earth!! It's obvious Kyle really likes being an M.E. assistant and being with Tara (in a boss/worker way). I think someone has a future in the Morge!!

2. Plastic Surgry gone horribly wrong: This was one of the better storylines of the season. Shows the practice as not being perfect by any means and the consequences of it. It kept my eyes glued to the computer screen, that's for sure.

3. Ron Saris: I wanted to hit him by the end of the episode, which proves what an amazing villian he is! Poor Horatio...he knows Ron attacked Julia but he can't prove it much less touch him! If that badge wasn't holding him back I assure you Ron...you wouldn't be breathing!! :lol:

4. Frank/Calliegh interaction with the killer: That was by far the funnest moment of the episode! I thought for a minute that I saw Frank drooling at the mouth when he saw the kid's mom! :guffaw:

5. Eric/Ryan bonding: even thought it only lasted a minute, I liked seeing they were joking a little.

Things I didn't like

1. Lack of Natalia: Come on Miami! Does she have some illness or something! Get her on the screen more and out of the lab!! :scream:

2. Lack of Ryan: I'm a little biased...but I would have hoped after the amazingness of 7.20 that they would give Ryan more time to shine...I guess not. :rolleyes:

3. Lack of continuality: I was really hoping for some fallout from 7.20, especially conserning Ryan/Eric/Calliegh. Though now that I've watched it again, I'm beginning to wonder if the whole Ryan being quiet thing was just that. You don't bounce back from a beatdown like his. He has every right to duck down and do his job for a while (just not forever!!). I'm really hoping to hear some about Ryan dealing with it, and where he stands with Eric and Calliegh.

3. Body in woodchiper: Not because it was bad T.V., it was just gross and grusome!!! *shutters*

Some questions I would like answered in future episodes

1. Back to Ryan: He seemed really quiet in this episode, subdued in a sense, which makes me wonder what was going on in that little head of his. I hope he's not self-destructing, (I've already watched one shocking death this season so I'm good for a while!!!) that would make me very intreaged and sad at the same time.

2. Ron and Horatio: How long will it take Horatio to crack and open up a can of whoop a** on Ron! :lol:

3. Why do I have this growing feeling that the finale is going to involve the Russians and Ron working together, and somebody getting shot! :shifty:

4. Team dynamic: They are still a team...right? :confused:

Overall, I give 'Chip/Tuck' a B, purely on princple that there was little Ryan (or it would have gotten an A). :p

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Did Ron attack Julia himself, or did he have help? Not that anyone here has the right answer, but I kinda thought maybe he's in cahoots with someone...like one of our Russian Mob friends? Revenge on Horatio is on both of their agendas. I'm smelling a connection here....maybe.

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

That sounds like he's going to die and end up in the morgue! :lol: But I know what you mean. That was the cutest smile I have seen in several seasons.

I was actually a little weirded out by that scene. It was funny but sort of awkward. We don't see Frank like that much. :lol:

I know. *sigh* I don't understand it. :(

I've got to wonder whether gruesomeness like that is really necessary to the show. Sometimes I think we'd all be better off without it.

I take it you're talking about...well I won't say anything just in case some people haven't seen it yet. But yes, I don't think I can handle any more unexpected deaths this season.

Probably about a millisecond with that trigger-happy finger of his. :p

Because Miami is, if nothing else, predictable. :rolleyes:

Nope. I've been given no evidence to suggest it.

7. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Here's a question for all of you to think over:

If you had to chose which one, who would you rather be - the woman who had the surgery go horribly wrong or the woman who was made to look like a man's dead wife?

Just food for thought.

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I thought he did attack Julia but then he was shown leaving the police station so that scene confused me. I think he did have a hand in her attack though, since that knife he had posession of was shown with Julia at the end.

Hmm, that's an interesting theory. It's possible.

9. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

no I really believe only Ron would want to do something so diabolical and plain evil- Julia got where's she at with the cons and grifter past because of her good looks so what better revenge/payback then to slice her up and since Ron's got no fingerprints left-he'll get away with it all..no that attack was way too personal..

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I know this is being posted way late, but I only now got the chance to watch the episode.

~~ Jerkweed!! LMAO, that’s the best! And “our shirtless friend”. Awesome.
    ~~ *long string of expletives* Why is Calleigh wearing black again?? Whyyyyy? It’s like every day is a funeral and Calleigh’s *bleep*ing dressed for it! True, it’s not a terribly big deal, but it is getting pretty absurd at this point.
    ~~ Hehe, Mr. Corbett really is a jerkweed, but I think his snarking is funny.
    ~~ *even longer string of expletives* Get Kyle away from the EVIDENCE!! He is completely untrained. He is completely clueless. Do not let him handle evidence as though he knows what he’s doing. This is *bleep*ing ridiculous! I know he’s an “assistant”, but I do not appreciate the writers insulting my intelligence by making believe that a teenager who has never attended ONE university course on medicine or forensics would be granted this level of involvement! UGH!!!
    ~~ I will admit that he had a cute moment when he regurgitated the technical term for the human remains he found, but... regardless... this is *bleep*ing ridiculous!
    ~~ Thanks be to FSM that Natalia got some actual screen time. Hallelujah, praise the noodly master! [[edit]] Then again, it turned out to be her ONLY screen time. *grumbles*
    ~~ Poor kid. Car accident took her mother, leukemia almost took her father, and then her father was murdered. *sigh* Yet another young person in need of serious therapy. :(
    ~~ WEEEEEEEE, Calleigh and Ryan together! Wait, why is Ryan looking so shifty? He can’t stand still, he’s looking around in all directions like he’s unfocused or nervous... what the hell? Alright, he stopped fidgeting. Dunno what that was all about though.
    ~~ Uh... isn’t that the guy who played the original Daniel Jackson in the original Stargate movie? No, wait, that was James Spader. *shrug*
    ~~ That poor woman.
    ~~ YIKES! *cringing* Ron, stop smiling and smirking! It’s creeping me out!
    ~~ “Well I guess your modeling career is over” OMG, return of the Super H one-liner!
    ~~ *tilts head* Eric and Ryan are buddies again? What the *bleep* is this *bleep*? I was expecting at least a tiny bit of fall-out from last week. So much for continuity.
    ~~ Ugh, more Julia. Someone make her go away! Make the pain stop!
    ~~ *giggles* Scruffy Lab Tech said “dude”.
    ~~ Everyone’s already commented this to death, I’m sure, so all I’ll say is - Classic Frank moment! :lol: :guffaw:
    ~~ Horatio-in-a-lab-coat squeeee!
    ~~ Travers = so cute
    ~~ The shot with Eric fiddling with the woman’s wig... kind of creepy. Don’t know why. Just... creepy.
    ~~ Ah ha, it was “Hot” Mom. *shrug* OK.
    ~~ Oh yeah, Stetler was in this episode. Ron kept calling him “Stets”. Weird. We can always count on “Stets” for some good ol’ Horatio harassment, can’t we?
    ~~ Oh my god, they’re making me feel sympathy for Julia! Make them stop!!
    ~~ Why does Horatio always smirk when the bad guys get one up on him? Is he amused? Is he thinking “yeah, brag now, chucklehead, because I’ll get you in the end”? Is he craaaaazy? :eek:

And that’s all. That’s more than enough, I’m sure.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

let's say that he put that cauterize scapel on her door way before she actually got attacked, then someone rang the bell & she went there to open it & et voilà, she got cauterized :lol:.
    Unfortuanetely, Horatio can't prove it b/c Ron has no fingerprints left on his tips ;). This is what I could understand from his last dialogue w/ Ron. In fact right after they had showed us that scalpel Ron mentioned also how Horatio can't prove it showing his hands with no fingerprints left.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

IMO, I think Ryan is just trying to deal with everything that happened to him last week. It's probably going to take him a while to get past it (maybe the rest of the season). I would have been pretty annoyed if he was acting as if nothing happened (it's bad enough that, for now anyway, what happened between Ryan/Eric/ Calleigh seems to be glossed over). There also might be a little tension between him and Calleigh. Hopefully, by the end of the season, Ryan will get the opportunity to shine and heal a little.

IMHO,Sometimes I wonder if they were ever a team. Sure haven't been acting like it lately.

13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I've just seen the episode. I must say I really, really liked it. The case was very interesting... There were some humorous moments and it's such a nice thing to see on CSI: Miami. One thing I would change is the whole H/Julia/Ron/Kyle storyline. I don't mind Kyle so much now, but everything else about that storyline is just wrong IMO. This episode would be perfect if there wasn't for the whole Ron thing...

There's one thing I noticed. Lately, we only have one case per episode. I don't like it. I loved having two cases. I for once would like to see H just working on a case with one of the CSIs like the old times. I think we all agree that Horatio needs some scenes with Calleigh, so we could have one epi where H works with Cal and Ryan, Natalia and Eric work on some other case.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I miss the two cases too. Not liking just one case a show.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yeah, totally agree with you on this. I miss the old times when our CSIs used to investigate on different cases.
    As you said it would be really nice to have H & Cal working together, but I'm pretty sure we won't have it. BTW loved your teams ;)

I'd also love to see a little bit of Calleigh & Natalia working together. What was the last time we see these 2 girls together? I mean their friendhip is very good & it's not going to harm anyone to put these 2 together in a scene :)