SouthLAnd

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Kimbo08, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I just watched the Pilot of Southland and it is great. It's available on Hulu and NBC.com. Or you can wait til later in the week to watch it. I personally thought it was a great Pilot, and looks like a very promising series. I think this show definitely has a future. The one issue I had was the bleeped ot cussing(if you watch the pilot on NBC when it's aired, you won't know what I'm talking about). You can tell the creators sent the episode to many other channels like TNT, FX, and/or USA. But regardless it was really well done. :thumbsup:

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm looking forward to trying this one out to maybe fill the void left in my schedule by ER's departure. I hope it doesn't disappoint! I will wait and check it out on NBC this Thursday...or rather, I will DVR it and watch over the weekend. Glad to hear it seems to have promise. :)

3. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Enjoyed the Pilot. :thumbsup:

Being a fan of The OC, I've always like Ben Mckenzie so thats what drew me to the show. :drool:
    I was hoping SouthLAnd would show on Wednesday nites. Thurs nites don't work for me. Darn. :(
    I hope it has a future! :)

----------------
    [​IMG]

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'll definitely be checking out the Pilot tonight. I've been looking forward to it ever since I first heard about it some time ago. I'll be sure to share my thoughts afterwards :)

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I watched the pilot and thought it was pretty good. A little all over the place but once you get to know the characters I would imagine it will be easier to follow. So far I do like it and it has promise if NBC doesn't shoot it down too early.

6. Dragonfly

I quite enjoyed the pilot episode. Already I find myself wanting to know more about the characters. Especially Ben. He's got some kind of backstory, and I want to know what it is.

I also love the raw feeling the show has. It's such a nice change from the 'oh-so-polished' feel of the CSI shows.

I'll be tuning in again next week :)

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

The pilot was actually really good. I've seen discussions about it long before it aired, so i was anxiously waiting to see how it would actually play out on the screen. And my expectations weren't disappointed. The O.C kid did a really good acting job. Regina King was a nice appearance and she's a great actress IMO. One thing that made me go "Oh, hai!" in the beginning was seeing that Christopher Chullack was the director of the pilot, and I remembered that I liked the episodes of Third Watch back in the good ol' days.

That being said, SouthLAnd will be another TV show on my list to watch.

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I enjoyed it too, hoping it will continue to be good. Just seems like a show that they will probably cancel. :(

9. Smokey

I just got a chance to watch it, and I loved it! It had that "feel" that "ER" did, where it kind of draws you in and makes you really interested in what's going on and feel what the characters are feeling.

At times I felt like I was watching "Cops"...like they were following real cops on the street. It also reminded me of "Homicide: Life on the Streets", which was one of the best cop shows ever.

The bleeped out curse words were a bit annoying. I hope they stop doing that. And I kept thinking, "Where are the CSIs?! Send in the CSIs! They wouldn't have missed the ant clue!" :lol:

Anyway, I hope it continues to be this good and stays on the air for a while.

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I think Ben McKenzie(The OC) is a talented actor. Sure he still lives in the shadow of The OC but I think his future acting will be just fine. :)
    I got my fingers....I just hate the fact that it's on a Thursday night! :(

---------------------
    [​IMG]

11. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

I gave this show an honest shot, and I really didn't like it. It was kind of slow, and not enough was going on. Ben was pretty good (although he hardly spoke), but the storyline was seriously lacking.

Ratings were mediocre for the series. I'm not sure how long it will last. I hope it does good for the simple reason Ben was great in The OC ( one of my favorite shows of all time)!

I will give it a couple more weeks!

12. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

@Smokey *lol* as I saw the ants I wanted them to call Grissom ,CSI totally got me :guffaw:

After 2 eps I think it's interesting so far - still a little slow in a few scenes and of course the characters and their emotions are all over the place ,till you know them a bit more; sometimes feels like a docu but the bleeps are a litlle annoying...

Was nice to see some actors again (mostly I don't remeber their names ,just that I've seen them before ^^ ) . I really like Ben *g*(only watched OC because of him and Seth) his character again not much of a talker with some baggage *lol*, always like the "are you an actor"-gag

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Is anyone else still watching this? I really like this show. I hope it sticks around! Great epi last night!

14. Dragonfly

I'm still watching :D I think I'm in love with Ben and John. I just love their interactions with each other. I get the feeling that there's more to Ben's story than he's letting on.

I'm really enjoying this show :D

15. Smokey

Finally got to watch Thursday's episode. Yes, I'm still watching and liking it. I still don't understand the bleeped out curse words tho.

I like how fast it goes, making it seem like a real "day in the life" kind of a thing.