SouthLAnd

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Kimbo08, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, it's starting to lose me for some reason. Maybe because compared to "The Unusuals", it's not so good. "The Unusuals" is one that I am absolutely LOVING, but this week I put "Southland" on and sort of half watched it.

I'll try to focus more on it next week and see how it goes, because apparently it has been renewed!

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Yeah, this weeks episode wasn't quite as good, but every show has it's off episodes, so I'm definitely willing to continue watching for now :)

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I just saw the pilot online and I found it interesting. I may watch the second episode tomorrow. I really enjoyed seeing the different levels of the police force. The patrol officers and the detectives.

And I must agree the CSI fan in me came out a time or two. I kept waiting for someone in a crime scene unit jacket to be on location.

I was a fan of the OC (mostly season one and two) so to see Ben McKenzie on another show is great. I think this show will allow him to really act, you know. I'm glad that there will be a season two and that NBC is giving them a shot to grow.

Overall, not too bad so far.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Really Smokey? The Unusuals? I tried to watch it but after two episodes I was bored. I'm loving Southland though. I really like the grittiness of it, the realism and I like the characters. Tonight's was really good.

5. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Yep still watching it :)
    Liked the last epi - I'm allready a Ben,John girl since the first epi - "Summercamp ?!" :guffaw:
    Slowly the docu stile and bleeps kinda grow on me .
    Even if I missed Ben,John last week ,it's a little more empathic for viewers when the show only focus on some charas each epi ....

And there are allready some nice fics *g* ,but thanks to some crossovers I have to try and watch "The unusuals" and "life" - eeevil writers, I have no time ^^

6. Smokey

Yes, really. Did you not see the word "love" in BIG LETTERS? :lol:

I gave "Southland" another chance last week, and I'm hooked again. :)

But you know what show I LOVE. ;)

7. Smokey

Is anyone watching this now that it's been picked up by TNT? They are showing the ones from the NBC season now so we can catch up before the new ones start.

I'm liking it a lot (again!) so far. One thing, they don't bleep out the curse words on TNT like they did on NBC, so that's less distracting. :lol:

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I've been following Michael Cudlitz on twitter and he gives lots of info on it. I DVR'd the first epi last week, Cudlitz tweeted that there are more scenes and as you said Smokey there's no bleeps! I do love that show and so happy to see it back! Yay TNT! :thumbsup:

9. Smokey

Yeah, the first one was commercial free...not sure if the rest of the repeats will be or not, but I thought there were some scenes in there I didn't remember. :)

10. Smokey

Okay, so on this week's episode, they bleeped out some of the curse words but not all of them. What's up with that? Tweet Cuditz and ask him! :)

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I noticed that too, lol! I just tweeted him about it but doubt he'll respond, no celebs ever responded to me!

12. Smokey

Next week is the last episode that aired on NBC, so the following week is when brand new episodes start! March 2nd!! From the previews I've seen, it looks like it's going to be really intense. I hope Russell isn't dead from his neighbor shooting him at the end of the season. :(

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Can't wait to see the new ones!

I read that he doesn't die. I love the actor who plays him!

14. Smokey

Oh my gosh! I went to reply and hit "quote" and was going to say that I'm going to hold off on reading that spoiler, but when you quote a spoiler tag then you can see what it says. :rolleyes: :lol:

Anyway.... :) I see on Facebook where they've agreed to do a live chat with the cast since they reached their fan goal on there. I think it's supposed to be after the first new episode airs, but they didn't have all the details yet.

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

Yay! They reached it now then? I've been on there for awhile. Are you a fan too?