SouthLAnd

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Kimbo08, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh yes, I'm a fan on there! And they reached the goal. :D

Don't worry about the spoiler. I guessed it anyway from some other information I saw elsewhere. :)

2. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

Southlands pretty neat.
    I started watching southland, honestly only becuase the guy played by Ben mckenzie is gay. There aren't enough gay people in tv shows these days and it's great to see a gay guy that isn't flamboyant. Not that there isn't anything wrong with flamboyant gay guys, it's just the media uses them too much. Most gay guys act straight.

3. Smokey

Oh my gosh...I finally saw the new episode today. Awesome! This show just keeps getting better and better!

I'm glad Dewey is gone...for now at least. He annoyed me to no end. And I'm glad Russell is going to be okay, but it's looking like maybe he doesn't want to come back. :(

4. Smokey

This Tuesday is the season finale?? Already?? :( Has anyone heard for sure if they're going to do another season?

I loved last week's episode. Poor Sammy...he keeps trying, and people keep disappointing him, don't they? I hope he doesn't give up, especially with the kids....except...well, he could dump that nutty wife of his if he wanted and I wouldn't mind. ;)

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Finale already? :( I sure hope there's a second season but right now I guess it is up in the air.

Now the kids that was killed, was that the one Sammy was trying to help out or was the dead kid killed by the one Sammy was trying to help out? I got a bit confused on it cause they looked the same (or my cold was affecting my brain, lol!). I agree about Sammy's wife. The actress played a similar role once on CSI: Miami. I finally connected where I had scene her before when watching an older Miami episode!

What about Russell? Is he done then? What happened to his first replacement? All of a sudden there was a new guy after him. Did I miss an episode? :confused:

6. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

The kid Sammy ended up having to arrest was the kid he was trying to help

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thank you! That made more sense! How did Sammy know the kid had killed him? (I think I need to rewatch the episode!)

8. Smokey

I suppose Russell isn't coming back. They set that up pretty well with the trouble he was having with rehab and him not wanting to hear from Lydia. I also wondered about his first replacement, so no...you didn't miss an episode. Last week she introduced her partner (Sid?) but didn't say anything else about him.

When he came up on the scene he went to that guy on the sidelines (I don't know who he was) and asked and the guy said something like "the word is it was so and so"...whatever the kid's name was, and that's when Sammy took off to the kid's house.

I was thinking tho, couldn't it have been self defense? :confused: But I guess either way, Sammy had been telling him to stay away from guns. Obviously the kid was carrying...or maybe he got it off one of the other kids.

That lady cop...is that who Ben was in bed with at the end? I think so.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I just looked at tonight's season finale description and it says....'Lydia and Russell work on a double homicide case.' Does this mean Russell is back then?

And thanks Smokey for explaining that part with Sammy and the kid to me!

10. Smokey

Dang, I just looked, and this "season" was only 6 episodes. :( Hope they come back and do a full, real season.

Yes! I saw that too about Russell being on tonight! I hope he's back full time, although that first replacement Lydia worked with was pretty interesting. :)

11. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

OMG I couldn't believe the season is already over! :(

Does anyone know if Southland is coming back? :eek:
    I have my fingers cross. Please come back!! :)

-----------------
    [​IMG]

12. Smokey

I didn't like this one quite as much as last week, but it was good to see Russell. Doesn't sound like he'll be back tho. :(

I think they wanted to touch on a lot of issues this week and they kind of left us hanging on all of them. :lol: Hopefully that means there will be another season.

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

TNT Renews Acclaimed Series SOUTHLAND for Third Season :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TNT has booked a third season of its critically acclaimed drama SOUTHLAND, from Warner Bros. Television and Emmy®-winning producer John Wells (ER, The West Wing). The network has ordered 10 episodes for the third season, which is slated to begin airing in January 2011.
    “SOUTHLAND is a challenging, visceral show that engages viewers with its immersive style, provocative storylines and complex characters,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming, for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “These qualities have made SOUTHLAND a favorite among critics and appointment viewing for an extremely loyal audience.”

Created by Emmy® winner Ann Biderman (NYPD Blue, Public Enemies), SOUTHLAND takes a raw, authentic look at police work in Los Angeles. The series focuses on officers, detectives and members of a gang unit as they endure the triumphs and tragedies that populate their lives both on and off the job. The series is shot on location in the streets and neighborhoods of Los Angeles.

SOUTHLAND’s ensemble cast includes Kevin Alejandro (Drive, Ugly Betty); Arija Bareikis (Crossing Jordan); Clifton Collins Jr. (Capote, Star Trek); Michael Cudlitz (Band of Brothers, A River Runs Through It); Shawn Hatosy (Alpha Dog); Regina King (Ray, Jerry Maguire); Michael McGrady (The Thin Red Line, Day Break); Ben McKenzie (The O.C.); and Tom Everett Scott (Boiler Room, That Thing You Do). SOUTHLAND is executive-produced by Wells, Biderman and Emmy® winner Christopher Chulack (ER, Third Watch), who also serves as a primary director of the series.

TNT picked up SOUTHLAND after the series was dropped by NBC prior to the launch of its second season. TNT presented an encore of the seven-episode first season beginning in January 2010, followed by a premiere run of the six-episode second season beginning in March 2010.

For its second season on TNT, SOUTHLAND has averaged 2.7 million viewers, with 1.4 million adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. The show enjoys great loyalty among viewers, as shown by the use of time-shifted viewing. According to the most recent Live + 7 deliveries, the second season of SOUTHLAND has grown its total audience by 50% compared to Live viewing (26% compared to Live + Same Day). Among adults 18-49, the boost is 68% vs. Live (32% vs. Live + Same Day). Among adults 25-54, the bump is 62% vs. Live (33% vs. Live + Same Day). The show’s median age (47) is the lowest of any TNT original series.

Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) is one of the entertainment industry’s most respected providers of original content, producing award-winning drama and comedy series for both broadcast network television and cable. WBTV is currently producing 20 primetime series, with at least one show on each of the five broadcast networks. New programs include the one-hour drama The Vampire Diaries, the #1 show on The CW; the half-hour comedy The Middle and the hour-long V for ABC; the one-hour action-drama Human Target for Fox; Miami Medical, from Jerry Bruckheimer Television, for CBS; and the upcoming Shameless, from John Wells Productions, for Showtime. Continuing programs include TV’s #1 comedy among Adults 18-49 in The Big Bang Theory, TV’s #1 comedy among Households and Total Viewers in Two and a Half Men, the #1 new program of 2008-2009 among Households and Total Viewers in The Mentalist, the Julia Louis-Dreyfus–starring comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine and veteran drama Cold Case for CBS; the #1 new program of 2008-2009 among Adults 18-49 in Fringe for Fox; Chuck for NBC; and Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Smallville and Supernatural for The CW. WBTV also produces The Closer for TNT.

TNT, one of cable's top-rated networks, is television's destination for drama and home to such original series as the acclaimed and highly popular detective drama The Closer, starring Kyra Sedgwic; Men of a Certain Age, with Ray Romano, Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula; Saving Grace, starring Holly Hunter; HawthoRNe, with Jada Pinkett Smith; Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton; and Dark Blue, starring Dylan McDermott; the upcoming Rizzoli & Isles, starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander; Memphis Beat, with Jason Lee; and Southland, from Emmy®-winning producer John Wells (ER). TNT also presents such powerful drama as Bones, Supernatural, Las Vegas, Law & Order, CSI: NY, Cold Case and Numb3rs; broadcast premiere movies, compelling primetime specials and championship sports.

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Most excellent news! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I was really worried about this. Thanks for posting!

P.S. Got any good Chuck news?!

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

So happy to hear that Southland was renewed for season three....even if it's only ten episodes I'll take it