Ryan/Jon #22 - Our Favourite Dust Monkey

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Mar 30, 2009.

?

What should the new thread be titled?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. All In the Accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Incredible Shrinking T-Shirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get the Full Togo Experience Here

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. He's a Superhero in Training

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Just Take The Shirt Off Already!

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Waiting for the Comeback of the Purple Tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wolfe's Den

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolfe Gang

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  11. Our Favorite Dust Monkey

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Ryan/Jon #22

Wow! What an episode.

The MAFIA tied and taped him to a chair, had a rope around his neck, stabbed him with a knife in the chest/arm, pulled out his tooth, punched him in the face several times, punched him in the stomach and apparently he ended up with a cut on his lip. And guess what? HE STILL REFUSED TO DO WHAT THEY WANTED! He refused UNTIL they told him they had the kid and if Ryan didn't comply, everything they did to him, they'd do to the kid. Bravo, Ryan, baby! Bravo! Bravery to the max! Woo-hoo!

I'd like to see anyone withstand all of that physical pain/torture and still have presence of mind to say no to the kidnapper and also have presence of mind to get evidence onto their shirt from the scene. Awesome job, Wolfe. I would have told the guy what he wanted to hear the minute I saw those nasty pliers. :lol: When that guy came at Ryan with those pliers, Ryan and said "what are you doing? wait, don't" , my heart broke and then the guy said "are you going to do what I want" (or something like that) and Ryan said "NEVER!". Still refusing to do with that kidnappers wanted... then they pulled out his tooth. My poor baby. But, it was awesome that he still didn't give in until... the guy said "if your own safety isn't a concern, perhaps the safety of others is" then he told him they had Billy and would hurt Billy (an innocent 8/9 year old boy) and do everything they did to Ryan to Billy if Ryan didn't agree. Only then did Ryan give in. I bet none of us would have been able to go through all of that physical torture and still tell the guy no! I know I wouldn't. Not that I would have any intentions of doing what the guy wanted, but I would have told him what he wanted to hear long enough to get out of there. :lol:

It was VERY CLEAR to me that they already had nabbed Billy before they grabbed Ryan. So, Billy was in danger LONG BEFORE Ryan was kidnapped. He couldn't tell anyone what was going on because the Mafia was watching his every move. They have eyes and ears everywhere. If he had talked to anyone, the Mafia would not have hesistated one second to kill that innocent little boy. So, if Ryan hadn't stalled the investigation (which he only did to try to buy the kid time) Billy would have died! So intense!

The writers made it very clear (as well as the directors) that Ryan was not comfortable in the situation at all. He did not want to do anything to betray his boss/co-workers. He only held the evidence long enough to stall the investigation in order to give Billy time to be found and rescued. He had every intention of fixing things after Billy was found safely. Everything he did, he did to save that little boy. That was awesome!

IMHO anyone who wouldn't do everything in their power to save an innocent child (even if that meant going against everything they believed in) might as well be thrown into jail with the child murderers! I'm glad that Ryan has a big enough heart to say "the hell with my job/career, that little boy's safety is the most important thing". A cop's job is to protect and serve. And he was doing everything in his power and beyond to protect little Billy. We can't forget that Ryan was a cop before he was a CSI, so he still has the instinct to protect.

I said this in the episode thread, but am gonna repeat it here cause I think it's that important. :lol: That Russian dude said something about Ryan's unique abilities. Yep, his abilities are so unique that he figures out a way to make it look like he's doing what the bad guys want, but does it in a way where he can reverse the damage once Billy's safe. Awesome! :D

Yeah, placing that security guard's print on the safe was a bit extreme, but Ryan was desperate to save the little boy. And I'd be willing to bet (and I'm not a betting person) that if Ryan had explained the situation to the security guard, the security guard (if he had a heart at all) would have said, "do what you have to do to save the kid". I know I would have.

And I think despite the fact that he did tamper with evidence, what he did is still not half as bad as Horatio (seemingly) beating up that pedophile (even if it was deserved lol) or shooting people in basically cold blood (Rio). Ryan did what he did to save an innocent child, not for revenge (unlike Horatio- who's actions I do still understand, I mean those people killed his wife, but IMO things he did were way worse than anything Ryan's done).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Also! Don't forget, Ryan had the case rigged so he could undo the tampering. ;D

Really, I don't know why anyone would question it, in my opinion. Ryan might as well have had a gun held to his head. The torture was brutal, poor Billy, the CUTEST little boy on the planet, was kidnapped and this close to being killed. I don't know what I would have done. There wasn't really much you would be able to do in a situation like that.

But I think people have negate feelings just because Ryan's mistakes/actions are always highlighted upon and putting him at odds with his colleagues. I wish that Ryan would have been able to explain himself to his team at the end of the episode, but perhaps TPTB are saving it for later? At least I hope. It would be a huge ugly plot hole if they didn't.

I WANT TO SEE FALLOUT FOR THIS EPISODE!!

3. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I'd like to see someone take that kind of beating and be able to go right back to work the next day, oh and without a mark on him, Oh wait he had a mark on his lip... Boo for the makeup department. This is the 2nd time he's got into a fight and came out without a mark on him. WTF, does he have steel skin or what. Sorry, I love Togo to death, he's an amazing actor, but seriously when it comes to stuff like that TPTB suck. Ryan really showed he had balls in this ep, standing up to the mob till they called in the big guns and took the kid. He had me feeling so bad for him when he was trying to mess up the evidence. His inner self conscious was fighting him to do the right thing when doing the right thing meant a child would die. I'm just blown away by Togo's acting.

Hey, we finally got to see a piece of where he lives and it looked a little ghetto to me, compared to everyone else on the show. At least he has a nice ride now :thumbsup:

4. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, tptb tend to write their characters kind of superheroish. :lol: I mean even on Vegas they do that. Greg doesn't have a single scar from the lab fire. Remember the scene after he was a CSI and had to take that decontamination shower? He was shirtless and that would have been a good oppurtunity for the writers to show some scaring from the fire (which honestly wouldn't have gone away as bad as it was), but nope there was nary a one. :lol:

Jonathan was awesome as always.

Ghetto. :lol: Maybe the place belonged to a relative who left it to Ryan in a will or something. :lol:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ryan was just awesome last night. I totally felt his pain, & I sympathise with no one else (except Billy anyway). ;)
    I actually loved seeing the torture scenes played out, it was much more realistic that way, & I think it gave the viewers a better chance in seeing exactly what he had to go through....as sad & painful as it was, yes.

I'm quite anxious to see if/how this further affects him, & see where it all leads. The Billy/Marc angle was great, & it definitly brought out a side of Ryan we needed to see again. His interaction with Billy was all too sweet. :)

BTW, I wanted to squeeze him so hard when he lowered himself onto the floor in the middle of the lab. Poor bebe.

Edit: damn, you all are quick in here. I missed the last 5 posts.
    Ghetto **snickers**!! Actually that type of sink he had in his bathroom is an expensive one - they're usually custom made/special order. Not your typical ghetto sink. The fishy in the window did have me a little in "wtf" land.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I was so hoping someone would come along and comfort him. Natalia, Calleigh, Dave, Michael, Valera, etc... anyone would have been nice. :lol:

I didn't notice the fish while watching the actual episode. I guess its cause they kept going back and forth between Ryan and E/C and it was a little hard to pay attention to surroundings. My eyes aren't fast enough to pay attention to that much detail at once. :lol:

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

LOL the ghetto if they are talking he got that sink cheaply. The sinks can cost upwards of $500 to $1,000, more if there is costum work and the faucet looked like something I've seen before too. It looks at lot like a Kohler sink (says the girl who sees them everyday of her life lol) and they get pricey, even for standard stuff.

I didn't notice the fish until I watched it online and paused it to see, yea that is one weird window decoration...though it's kind obvious that he picked it out. Guess Ryan will never get a second job as an interior designer! :guffaw:

8. GregNickRyanFan

Is it on CBS' site to watch already? I may have to watch it again soon. :lol: I missed a lot of that first sequence cause it was going too fast and was too flashy. :lol: However, the episode will have to wait cause I have to watch Marley & Me (its due back tomorrow lol). :D

:lol: Yeah I can't really imagine Ryan picking out that fish. I just figured someone gave it to him. :lol: Maybe it was a gift from Billy. haha.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I wish he would've been able to tell his team the truth too. It was a tough scene to watch because I understood both point of views. If I were Eric and Calleigh and hadn't known what Ryan had been through, I would've reacted the same way. Calleigh looked hurt but at the same time it looked like she wanted to reach out to Ryan too. I felt so bad for Ryan, the poor guy went through hell.

I too want to see fallout from this episode. I hope the writers address how things were left between Ryan, Eric and Calleigh. It would be a huge disappointment if the writers had them working together again like nothing happened. This episode was huge for Ryan, one that won't be forgotten. Kudos to the writers for such a good episode!

10. Wasabi Power

If TPTB don't do it, It's angry blog writing for me. I at least want Calleigh and Eric to hear him out in the future. Eric was awfully hard on him last night =( I understand Ryan has had gambling issues, as well as tons of secret plots of awesomeness he held out with H, but for Eric to jump to conclusions with Ryan made me a little :(. I think he just assumed Ryan was up to no good.

THEY NEED TO WORK ON TEAM TRUST!!
    I hope Natalia comes to his rescue. One can dream, yes?

Ah. As promised:
    http://wasabi-power.blogspot.com/
    I updated wiv art. But it's not very good...I think I got the hairline and face right, but the eyes aren't working for me. I'll get it eventually!

11. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

The idea made me laugh:lol: that fish is something weird, I paused and it really stands on two metal sticks I don't really see why it is there.The other I don't get about the decoration is that why are there 2 diferrent kind of lamps on the two sides of the fishy. Anyways at first sight his flat really looks a bit ghetto, but when you pause and have a look at the chairs in the room, they are supermodern...so yeah he is definitely not a designer type:D

Showing some arm and skin was a step closer to our dreams, I liked it a lot:drool:

Edit: Wasabi, your drawing is awesome again, I like the window fish:guffaw:

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

maybe his uncle Ron caught the fish in the ocean and had it stuffed for him. Having a fish decoration is very odd. When I first heard he had a fish in his window I thought it was like those talking fish that sing lame songs like 'take me down to the water" or w/e...

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am not shocked at Eric's reaction, him and Ryan have always had their issues with each other. It was not seeing a scene with him and Calleigh that disappointed me. The look on her face made me think she wanted to go after him, I was waiting to see that but it didn't happen. The writers need to continue this in the next episode.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I wish he had too. I wish he'd had some kind of secret code with Calleigh that would inform her that he was in trouble. I'm sure though the scene where he picked up that jacket sleeve was him doing that intentionally and was a code to her and she picked up on it, but still didn't question it as much as she wanted to.

In some ways, the last scene with Ryan, Cal and Eric was harder to watch than the torture scenes. Just the hurt look on Cal's face and the hurt, helpless look on Ryan's face when Eric told him to get out... that was difficult. But I understand their frustration. I wish Eric had let him explain the situation though. I'm sure Eric would have better understood. He might have been like, "we're a team wolfe and if something like this happens, you need to find a way to let us know; we could have helped you", but he would have understood.

Calleigh did definitely look torn on whether or not to stay there and finish up on the case or to go after Ryan and ask him to explain. She did look like she wanted to comfort him. :lol:

I hope so too, but knowing how they've dropped things in the past, they'll probably just have them working side by side in the next episode and already knowing the full story.

Yep, kudos indeed (just wish Nat and Frank had been able to interact with Ryan some). Other than that, it was a decent episode.

Wasabi, your drawings are awesome. I wish I could draw, but I'm lucky if I can draw a heart, let alone a person. :lol:

15. Wasabi Power

Thanks! I'm trying to draw them all.
    (but I couldn't draw Eric Delko to save my life... Lol)
    I'm going to update with more later.
    Muahahahahaha
    :devil:
    Window Fishy is really a product of Hollyyo's genius. I think it'll become a landmark for us, yus?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.