CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oo, I can see we're not going to agree on much, ErinElizabeth. But that's what opinions are for. *laughs*

Has it ever actually said cop death? Because "cop killer" can apply to a lot of different things. I mean, on Bones when agents have been killed, their killers have been called "cop killers". And on CSI:LV, when Warrick died, it was pretty much considered the death of a "cop". I was under the impression that, at least on TV, anyone that killed someone that worked in law enforcement was considered a "cop killer".

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I would say any of the main cast sans Adam & Sid are cops.

3. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Technically Hawkes as well because we learned this season that he was never officially sworn in with the NYPD. But I don't honestly think a vigilante would know the difference. :lol:

And no it never specifically said a cop would die but they are cop killers. They're probably just looking for anyone with a badge.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I think you're over-simplifying... we don't know that they're going around looking for cops to kill. They're kidnappers who become cop killers at least according to the original spoilers from Lenkov.

The reworded bit from Ausiello yesterday says the person is targeted, so it could be associate with the flash drive case.

My money is still on Lindsay or Hawkes.

5. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

For now, I still see one of three characters as the most likely potential victim -- Hawkes, Lindsay, or Angell -- although I agree Angell has dropped lower on the list with the news that the Greek coin storyline likely will wrap up in the ep preceding the finale.

Hmm...that's an interesting point. Part of the reason Lindsay has been lower on my list is because I haven't been able to think of a way the writers could connect her to kidnappers in the finale without it seeming too random and/or ridiculous. However, if the Elgers character has some sort of run-in with Danny and he or some of his buddies decide to target Danny and his new family for some reason, Lindsay could certainly be in danger in the finale.

6. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

The only reason I could see Lindsay as a possible victim is because of Anna. It's true she could want to leave to be with her family but I doubt it.

They have always been very flexible with Anna's needs and also with the other actors. Plus, in this economy I can't see anyone choosing to leave a steady job. :lol: Especially now that her family has grown.

Another reason is that we've already gotten spoilers that say she could be in labor up until and during the finale. Also, there was a brief interview with someone who said that they're excited next season about exploring Danny AND Lindsay being new parents.

I think Hawkes could be likely because Hill is pretty underused and he could want to branch out and do more with his other projects. But like I said above, I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave a steady job right now. The actors are already seeing potential pay cuts.

I think Angell could be likely (and I realize I have bias here) because it seems like they built up her relationship with Flack pretty fast, they've got her working with Stella, she and Danny have always seemed friendly, and she's a cop so for her to die it would affect them all. And it would change the lineup like PV said.

More than Angell leaving though, I'd be so excited to see Eddie's dramatic chops bust out over the pain of losing his girlfriend. And maybe, just MAYBE we'd see Danny being there for him for once. :lol:

Another option is Sinclair. If he dies Mac could get a promotion which would change the lineup forever if Stella becomes the new Mac. They did it with the original CSI.

7. Top41

I kind of wondered if the Elgers stuff is being built up for that reason. Maybe Danny is the kidnapping target and Lindsay gets in the way. Then you've got Lindsay killed in the first 10 minutes and the team rushing to save Danny. Who knows though--at this point, it could be anything.

I tend to think the kidnapping is unrelated to the team, but that might not be the case. I do know that Dunbrook's son is being introduced in an upcoming episode--might he be the target of the kidnapping? And the team gets involved in rescuing him and then boom, someone is killed? It's fun to speculate about what it could be.

It would be not the wisest move to leave a hit TV show during a recession, but who knows? It also might not be her choice if her contract is up. I think for the show, losing Lindsay creates far more interesting storylines than keeping her.

She's not going to be in labor for three episodes. :lol: Mitovitch made a kind of dumb joke with that--I think it was more a commentary about it being interesting that the baby was being born before the season finale as opposed to in it. Which is interesting. ;)

What interview?

I think Hawkes is a possibility, too. He'd have a far easier time than Anna finding new employment, with two books published, multiple acting awards under his belt and two Harvard degrees. I could see opportunities opening up for him--with those Harvard degrees, he could probably do some good in Washington. So I think it's just as likely to be Hawkes as Lindsay.

I think Angell is the least likely at this point of the three possibilities. Her death doesn't change the line up of CSI: NY forever, and her dying wouldn't really register with anyone but devoted viewers. And even then, she's in, what, an average of one in every seven episodes? With the Greek coin storyline wrapping up in 524, I think it's less likely that it would be Angell.

They haven't built up the Flack/Angell relationship up enough for it to be affecting on that level. Flack would be sad, no doubt, really sad, but he'd bottle it away.

On the other hand, Danny and Lindsay got a happy ending in the middle of the show's run. And imagine how Danny would implode if he lost his new wife. And we know how much Flack loves rushing to Danny's rescue...yeah, there's a lot to work with there. ;)

I don't think that's the way that they're talking about the line up changing forever, but that phrase could be an exaggeration anyway. I don't think it will be Sinclair though. Not enough emotional impact.

8. dannicalliope

dannicalliope Victim

9. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I think it was with Pam Veasey. It wasn't like a full on interview but she answered a question about it. I'm searching for it now, I'll post it when I find it.

I don't think they're going kill off Lindsay already because they've made such a big deal about them being the first CSI's to get married and have a baby so I think they'll want to expand on that.

Plus, I feel like if a member of the main cast was leaving something would have leaked by now.

10. Top41

Yeah, the speculating is fun! I'm really split between it being Lindsay and Hawkes. I'm 99.99% sure it will be one of the two, but of course, something could come out of left field.

But it won't be Mac or Stella. ;)

Oh, I remember that one. She said they'd struggle with the newborn--which could easily happen in episode 524. ;)

And they could go on to make a big deal about it being a great storyline for Danny to have to struggle with being a single parent and a widower.

Maybe, maybe not. There are shows like Lost and 24 that kill off regulars all the time and it doesn't leak. 24 had a major death last week--and up until the week before, no one had any inkling about it.

11. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Well, I'm feeling pretty solid it won't be Lindsay so I'm not going to worry about it.

If it is her I'll be sad but I also believe that some good storylines will come out of it. And if she stays I think good storylines will come out of that too.

All I can do now is wait and see.

I also have to disagree that losing Angell wouldn't hit Flack pretty hard. They've really pushed that she was there for him and the one he reach out to and that she's his partner and his girlfriend and all that jazz. Also, EV is pretty well known and I'm sure she's got a pretty big salary. If we look back to the economy again getting rid of her would be cost effective for the show. Especially since they just upped their regulars by 2 people. There was an article last month that said CBS was looking to do some big pay cuts and even asking the actors not to take their yearly raises. (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/exclusive-cbs.html)

Supporting actors are first to the chopping block. Sinclair and Angell are two of the biggest on this show. That's probably the reason we've seen less Angell this season as it is.

12. Top41

Feel free not to--you might very well be right. And if you're not, you can worry about it then. ;)

Great storylines will come out of it if she goes. If she stays...I imagine she'll remain Danny's subpar love interest as she has for the past two seasons. As long as she doesn't drag down all of Danny's storylines, it won't be terrible for her to remain, especially as she's kind of non-entity these days.

It would have an effect on Flack, and the fans, but not the effect losing a main team member would. It's a possibility, but I'm not sure how strong a one it is. As for her salary...she's a recurring character who shows up once every seven episodes. I doubt they're sweating her salary. All they have to do to save it is to have her appear less. That being said, sure, they could kill her off and free up Emmanuelle Vaugier and some cash. I just don't know what it would buy them dramatically.

Sinclair isn't a supporting actor on the show--he's an occasional guest star. Again, if they're exaggerating about the line up change, sure, it could be him. But it would be a non-event for most fans...and I don't think this death will have much of an effect on the team or the line up.

13. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Well who said the death has to be a major event?

All they're doing right now is teasing us so that they'll be guaranteed we all tune in to see who kicks the bucket. Saying someone is going to die on a primetime show is going to boost the ratings handsdown. They're just trying to create some buzz.

And yeah they said that it will "change the lineup forever" but that still leaves a million possibilities. It's not as though they were going to say "Someone will die but no worries. No one's going to give a shit."

I'm afraid it's going to be waaay less climactic than we're all anticipating.

14. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^ Deaths of primary characters usually are, to some degree, "major events". And in telling us it'll change the team forever and having the death occur in the finale I think it's safe to say it's going to be a bit of a big deal. Of course we'll have to see the episode to make our own judgments about what was anticlimactic and what wasn't -- still, I feel like their intent will be big things.

ETA: I think "changing the lineup forever", as you put it, actually narrows it down to like... nine or ten characters at the most. Which is a pretty small pool. A million is a slight exaggeration. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Now I'm getting frustrated...I'm sure they won't even tell us in the preview for the episode. It'll be a HUGE mystery until 10 minutes into the ep, then..."BOOM!", it happens, and fans everywhere are left stunned. It HAS to be stunning....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.