CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

:lol: I was going to say it's because they're jerks, but that works too.

I'd be happier if they'd at least give us a hint. I know it's not that far away, but still, I'm not a big fan of suspense. I prefer spoilers over hearing one sentence and then stressing out for weeks. *laughs* I know it seems like I equate everything to Criminal Minds, but I checked online every. single. day. to find out who got blown up on last season's finale.

This is why I love threads like this. XD

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

That finale you are talking about, (Criminal Minds) was absolutely great. There just isn't a character in that show that you can think that they can do without.

My other theory is that they didn't even decide who bites the dust. Maybe they are watching the fan's opinions to see who they think it is. I might suffer from the conspiracy theory but this could be very well true. The truth is that I don't know who the hell can go. It's safe to say that is not Mac or Stella. But there are many other contestants who are eligible for RIPing.

Anyways, I'll step back closer to the time. I can't wait to see Pino in the next episode. I went back and watched him in Trapped. He had something interesting, something dark in him, a black humor that worked. I am really eager to see him, and also how Danny's going to feel about this whole thing, because from what I understand, he's the one who feels the most emotional about it. And Sid's reaction as well. I think I saw him in a promo picture face to face with Pino while he was beeing arrested. It will be a good episode I feel it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Here my wrong theory:D
    It will be like in NCIS. Sinclair dies, Mac gets his job and has to suspend Stella and Angell as an after-effect of the Greek storyline.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Whoa, whoa, I protest. Angell can't get suspended, it's not her fault Stella can't take no for an answer. :D (What are you talking about? I don't think that Angell is completely irrefutably awesome... :shifty:) No, I'm teasing, Isla. That would be interesting to see... since Mac would be the boss, and so would Stella since she's second-in-command. (Think CSI:LV)

I need to find the promo pics for "Point of No Return". They sound interesting, miss_blue.

Oh, and OT: Yeah, I can't imagine losing any of the team members on Criminal Minds. JJ left for, what, three weeks and I was about ready to cry and persuade TPTB to kill Jordan. :lol:

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Does anyone know about when we should get the casting call information for the finale? there maybe clues in that we can use, somebodies family members turning up possibly. The one for episode 23 was posted ~ march 6th, so it can be that long until the finale one is available.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/Half-Lighter/pointofnoreturn.jpg

Just to reference so that I'm not being a jerk if no one can see what I'm talking about. :)

Sid looks pretty upset. I'm guessing that's Pino being arrested? I honestly don't remember him. If I went back and rewatched Run Silent Run Deep, I'd probably remember, but at the moment I've got nothing. (To be fair, I started watching after Charge of this Post.)

From the picture, it looks like Sid was with him when Flack and the others came to arrest him... That's a good reason to be kind of shocked.

7. Gigadark

Gigadark Victim

I've been thinking. What if Lindsay is shot in the abdomen and loses her baby. Lindsay could survive and the death would be the baby's.
    We've seen how sad was Danny after Ruben Sandoval's death, it'd be catastrophic for him if it was his own child. I think it's an interesting way to end this season. We'll see...

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Ok what if Two CSIs are kidnapped. One of them is shot but nobody else knows who was of both of them

we knew someone is dead but we wouldn't know who :D

That would be a LONG and hot summer :D

Debbie :D

9. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I also thought of that but I donĀ“t think they do that when the actress is/was pregnant in reality. Or?

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, they wouldn't have Lindsay get shot in the abdomen and lose the baby when Anna is pregnant in real life. That would just be in bad taste on the show's part, and they wouldn't go there.

I think it's either Lindsay or Hawkes. Character-wise, Lindsay has the most reason to be booted, especially given the happy ending Danny and Lindsay got with the wedding and the baby. Actor-wise, Hill has the most reason to be ready to move on from the show. I'm really split 50/50 on those two...but I definitely think it will be one of them.

I agree that Ausiello probably doesn't know who is getting killed off on the show.

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Backtracking slightly to Elgers and Danny, haven't been in fer a bit.

Sounds to me like TPTB are continuing the 3-arc appearances for guest actors. (Ella, Gillian, Dunsbrook, and now Elgers).

In that sense it's been a very interesting season for staggered little threads of continuity tossed into the mix here and there. I'm now most interested in the Greek coins, Elgers (because of Danny and then Mac and the insight to Mac's father regarding the WWII concentration camp), and of course, the long awaited reveal about the flashdrive.

The rather out of the blue comment in 5.17 about the Death Penalty, and the deliberate intensity of the interview of Elgers by Flack (which I think was meant to introduce him and make him memorable as a character for his appearances down the line) was so unconnected to the rest of the story I did immediately flash to wondering about possible connections to the holocaust eppie. That's what reading spoilers will do for ya... :lol:

Onwards to Pino. I am confuzed about the medical examiners, because I now can't decide if those photos posted look like they're from the beginning or end of the ep. If beginning, it could set up a story where Pino does wind up getting killed. If it's at the end, then maybe his wife was also an ME? How many former ME's can TPTB stuff into an eppie? :p Guess we'll see. It's interesting that TPTB thought to bring back a character from days past at all actually. Especially a guy who was only in a handful of eps anyways. I'm all the more curious about it for that. :)

Oh, TPTB are absolutely gonna milk and nurture this carefully and for as long as they can and choose. If anyone, including Ausiello, had even a sniff of anything more, they would pull the spotlight to toss it out and be king of the next shark frenzy of speculation. :lol:

I gotta agree. Hill/Hawkes has always been tops of my list of possibles, though I'd hate to see him go. Lindsay's just wishful thinking, and I can't let myself actually think she'd be the one to go, because frankly the trade off if she didn't surely wouldn't be worth it. IMO. :p

As much as Angell is coming to contribute to the show, and as much as the intermittent presence of Sinclair helps to flavour it, I don't think losing either them would drastically alter things for the immediate family, so to speak. Unless TPTB are truly playing silly buggers, I gotta think at this point that it's someone from the core group of main characters who will be lost.

Well, while TPTB are always trawling for viewers, I can't actually see them catering in that regard to get them. ;) I'm sure they do know, I'm sure by this point in the season the cast knows, and I think it's just going to be very carefully managed PR wise to wring every last wee little drop out of it that they wanna get from it.

^ I also think that since the Infamous Fatality occurs within the first ten minutes, we will not be left hanging for the duration of the episode to find out who it was. I'm thinking the cliffhanger will hafta derive from the remainder of the ep.

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Don't give them any ideas! :lol:

Kidding, kidding. :)

All I gotta say is I hope they do this person justice when they leave... I don't want it to be Flack or Hawkes or anyone, but I think I could live with it better if they do the person justice.

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I am cruel and soulless to say this, I know, but I just don't want anything heroic. Or maybe something heroic, but without the typical tear jerker death scene always involved. I hate it when a character from a movie or show is about to die but lives long enough to say important, meaningful things. I'm eager to see something like "and I keep all my savings in... *dies*" or at least someone dying instantly instead of having the audience waiting until that person stops agonizing.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Race--->
    :lol::lol::lol: don't worry. I think they have more ideas they can handle ;) But it doesn't mean we will live happy with those ;) :lol:

I think it will depend who will be the future corpse.I don't want a melodramma but a touching scene. Like Warrick's funeral and not like Aiden's farewell

LOL! i love my doppelganger! Especially because i know who you want to be in a plastic bag at the end of the episode ;)

Debbs :D

15. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I'd actually really like for there to be an exciting cliffhanger. I mean last season was kind of pointless because we all knew super Mac wasn't going to die. :lol:

Even in season 2 with Flack they gave us pretty good indication that he would be fine.

I want something that will have me on the edge of my seat all summer so that when the premiere rolls around I'll be jumping from anticipation.

But I hear the cop death *cough*Angellplease*cough* is going to be at the beginning of the ep... Who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.