Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

To me, it's more accurate to say Lindsay doesn't interact well with people, irrespective of age or gender. Though, I think this has more to do with the writers always trying to hammer home their characterization. Stella loves and is loved by kids, those scenes therefore cannot go to Lindsay, as there can only by one earth momma on the show. Danny's little heart bleeds for everyone, so he can love / be loved by all. It's Mac's job to be there for the younger ones, so Danny can't confide in Flack anymore and certainly cannot be there for Flack when needed.

I know who the leads are, but they need to spread the storylines about, to make it more realistic. Characteristics can and do overlap in people living or working together and everyone develops and grows over time. Lindsay need a complete re-write, but could be developed properly if both the writers, producers and actress are willing to put in the effort.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

They mentoined at least twice in "Green Piece" that Lindsay was going home to see her parents In Montana.

I'm glad they think we're smart enough to remember facts for at least the duration of a single episode. [/sarcasm]

A very apt comparison. *nod*

3. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I want to see Lindsay leave, so my HoYay fantasy can come true- Flack comforting Danny, and realizing they were meant to be together...it will never happen, but a girl can dream right?

4. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Oh, I wish :D

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Why Lindsay Must Go?

1) Because D/L has just gotten out of hand, and they won't get rid of Danny unless it's completely necessary.
    2) Because her only real link to the show is her relationship with Danny. When that broke apart, her entire purpose on the show was trying to get Danny back/get over him.
    3)
    Because I don't want any of the other people to die.

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Am I a bad person if I tell you that I wanted Lindsay to get into that cab in Personal Foul? That woman is unbelievable! She's so self-centred. Danny went through a lot and she tells him he's hard to love? Excuse me???
    And why is walking in the rain a Montana thing? Oh, yes, maybe some people haven't got it yet that she's from Montana. Really, she's from Montana? I had no idea!

I haven't seen any episode from S5 so far but I know someone's supposed to die. I just fear it won't be the obvious choice, i.e. Lindsay, but someone like Danny which would make me turn off NY forever!

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Agreed and agreed.

D/L just feels like an odd game you used to play in childhood. Like when you play the same game hours and hours for days, at a point you just feel like your imagination just went too far and you stop it. Again, yes, her only purpose in the show is Danny's love interest, and a source of Danny drama. It's a shame, because her story ould have been explored better by the writers, her attitude in Zoo York could have been a good starting point for her, but unfortunately, TPTB felt like it was better to be the girlfriend of the show. Aiden showed so good that she can work close to Danny and stay just colleagues and friends, although he had a boyish crush on her. Anyway, she just has no purpose here. She just sucked out the life out of Danny and other characters went to great lenghts to make fit. She just doesn't.

And Tciddaisc's 3rd argument is rock solid :lol: agreed completely

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* I'm glad you approve, miss_blue. I thought it was a good enough reason. Heck, that can be my entire reason. I don't even have to pay attention to D/L. :lol:

My problem with Lindsay is that it seems that her entire purpose is to be Danny's loveinterest/girlfriend/babymomma/wife. Kristine said in her review of Stealing Home that Lindsay could be interesting if they explored her potential dark side a bit, and it's true. If she had at least one storyline that didn't end up being about Danny, she might have ended up a more interesting character.

(OT: Okay, that's weird. I tried to italicize the "one" in my last sentence, and as soon as I hit CTRL+I it moved the word up so that it was a part of "Stealing Home" I had to Go Advanced, highlight it, and then click the Italics option. :confused:)

9. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Anna Belknap just cannot act. She has one tone of voice, and she says all the scientific mumbo-jumbo the same way she says her lines in the DL scenes. And in 'Silent Night,' when she supposedly broke down in tears because of her flashbacks... it didn't convince me at all. That was one of the first scenes I saw of CSI: NY, and from that point on, I knew that I'd be disappointed by this character--and I was. She can play the scientist just fine, but the emotional scenes are so awkward because there's no emotion behind her lines. It's like she expects her lines to speak for themselves, when everyone knows that the lines would never be convincing unless she actually puts emotion behind them.

There is just no fire, no drive, behind her acting.

I heard from someone that she said that her audition wasn't very good... I don't know where that person heard it from, but, it's probably true. ;)

She's also kinda unprofessional. Walking out on a crime scene, leaving evidence unattended, being totally whiny and selfish (Manhattan Manhunt), etc. etc.

Another thing--where did that pool table come from?? And where did it go afterwards? They couldn't just have sex on a bed?

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* Ah, but where would the drama be in a plain old bed? D/L has to be dramatic and "oh my gawd aren't they hot they're playing pool and then having sex. it's so romaaaaaantic".

I for one didn't fall for it. But that's just me. ;)

Anna's fine in science scenes. She's even fine in some of her more humorous scenes, like her scene with Flack and Stella in Child's Play. But I just don't believe 98% of her "emotional" scenes. To me it's just like watching my cousin-who-is-like-my-little-brother fake-cry whenever I hit him just to get me worried. My cousin is 12.

11. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Exactly! :D
    Except, I don't believe 100% of her emotional scenes. ;)

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Her fake-crying in "Silent Night" was just plain embarrassing! It was seriously the worst attempt at crying on screen I've ever seen. (I do think it's funny that the person who can best turn on the waterworks on this show is a guy--Danny. :lol: )

Her expo scenes are kind of irritating since she's now given all the long-winded explanation dialogue, but yes, they're far better than seeing her get emotional. The only stuff Anna can handle well is the light-hearted stuff: she was good with the teasing banter in the beginning, and now she's good with the stuff where Lindsay gets excited about the baby. That's it--she's just not good with the weightier stuff.

13. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Yeah... her performance in Silent Night just made it clear to me exactly how much I'd like her as a character--not at all.

In terms of character development and depth, and in terms of the actor's/actress's talent, I think Lindsay/Anna is the most expendable to get rid off in the finale.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Eh, I consider that cheating. It's easier to act excited about a pregnancy if you're excited about your actual pregnancy.

I just really do believe that she has the most chance of being killed off. Now, that's the exact reason that I'm not so sure that it will be her, but she (and Hawkes) are my top two guesses.

And, quite honestly... I wouldn't be that sorry to see Lindsay leave (I say "leave" because saying die just sounds mean). I'd be sorry for her kid, bu honestly, he/she would be better off, at least in terms of when they learn how to handle emotional experiences. Eh... wait, never mind. But that's for another thread. :lol:

I actually believe some of her lighter scenes. Like her scene in Commuted Sentences with Danny. Aside from the Montana aspect (Oh, did you know that she's from Montana? Because I wasn't sure if you forgot it in the six days since the last episode.), it was actually funny and I could actually see a bit of chemistry between her and Danny- whether it was actually romantic chemistry or just a light, friendly chemistry. I'm a horrible judge of chemistry, though, so don't take my word for it. XD

15. privatename

privatename Rookie

So, true because then you aren't actually acting :)

Does anyone else see a lot of arrogance in her when she does those exp scenes. I was watching anold episode the other day and she just came off as really arrogant and smug when she was doing her explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.