Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That was my initial impression of her as well. I went back and forth about the character--I was pretty lukewarm about her, but I didn't notice Anna's stilted acting until "All Access," in the scene where she put her hand on Danny's shoulder and the one where she got upset. Anna was so unnatural, so awkward--I could tell she was reading from a script, and it wasn't impressive in the least.

I guess to some extent that's possible, but I feel she draws just as many people because they like that the Plain Jane got the hot guy. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Danny had hooked up with Angell (before she and Flack got together) or Maka or Aiden. There was actual chemistry there. My problems with Lindsay aren't that she's with Danny--aside from the fact that she sucks energy out of his character like a vampire.

I think that would be a great way to get rid of her--and with the acceleration of the romance, I can't help but think it would be a great twist for Danny's character and his development. Not only would he be devastated by the loss of his wife, but he'd be left to raise a baby on his own. The story possibilities are limitless.

Certainly, it would be more interested than watching Danny and Lindsay bicker at each other over diaper changing duties and play date shifts for seasons on end.

Yeah, I think it would be great for him. At this point, Lindsay is dead weight--she adds nothing to the show, save for carrying Danny's child. The whole "demonstration" thing is played out. There's been little to no development for her in two seasons. Let's just say it wouldn't be a loss if she was written out.

That was a truly odious scene. Here were all these dead teens, and all Lindsay could think about was that Mac didn't let her process the scene and sent her back to the lab instead. :rolleyes: The height of lameness. She really showed how self-involved she is in that scene.

2. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Aren't we eager to get rid of her? :lol: I agree with you, she's a selfish, whiney brat who thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread. Poor Danny would suffer a lot without her -even if there's no chemistry whatsoever, he's supposed to love her, right?- and having to raise the baby on his own. The only problem with that would be that maybe they'd decide to take baby Messer to the lab sometimes and turn it into a kind of kindergarten. Anyway, since this is drama and no brainless comedy, I reckon that would not happen.

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

She was all 'I have seen more blood than that' etc then roll forward and she was unable to cope at some crime scence as she was reminded of her 'dark secret'. If there was ever a crime scene to remind her of the 'dark secret' it would have been a room full of kids who had been shot.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

^ The thing is, like it was said before by other people, if she was so affected by crimes scenes with loads of blood, then why after the trial everything was rainbows and sugar?

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Because that's how CSI: NY handles it's story arcs. Once they are done with it it's never brought up again. It's just like Danny with the Ruben story line. TPTB decided they're "done" with that story line so we don't see Danny struggling with becoming a parent because of what happened with Ruben. The problem with that is it makes the characters look shallow and stupid. With Danny it's easier to somewhat forgive because Carmine can act and it's not painful to watch him. With Anna's inability to do anything significant with the role it just makes it one more nail in the character's coffin.

6. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

They should have kept Maka, I liked her and Danny's scenes together, especially the one with the dead bride when Mac said "if you two want to be alone, I'll drag the body outside". :lol:

7. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

^ The whole inconsistency thing with the crime scene in Manhattan Manhunt even more proves that TPTB had no clue what to do with her once the show started. They had no plan, and then had to invent a deep dark secret to cover up Anna Belknap's leave for pregnancy. No, that isn't the fault of the actress, but more the writers....but Belknap has done her fair share of making it worse. Other characters have had crappy inconsistent storylines and still make them work with what they have, but Belknap clearly can't even do that....

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...why must Lindsay go? Airtime lost to and being subjected to DL crap, First CSI Franchise Baby crap, Wedding crap, CBS network fanvid crap (mind you those are kinda good for a laugh). Not to mention what it's done to Danny since season three.

But most of all now?

...for chrissakes. They're already teasing us with threatening the death of one of the family that will forever change the NY line up. They're gonna keep stirring that pot for the rest of the damned season. TPTB must be loving this, and whether people love DL or loathe em, TPTB must also just love how anything related to DL stirs things up with the viewers. To sit thru all that this season has thrown at us, it had better be Monroe. If we lose one of the others only to be further subjected to more of the same with her instead, I dunno wtf I'm gonna do. I think I might just be done with the freakin show.

I'd love to be able to hafta give some grudging respect to the execs for going that route. 'Make it a fun, sexy, dangerous, edgy ride,' PV says? As they give us network DL fanvids without benefit of gravol? Earn it, TPTB. Please.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Anna was pregnant and that's why Lindsay's preggers too, but did they really need to make us go through so much cheap cheesiness and lack of chemistry? If only they'd broken up and Lindsay, out of spite, got smashed, slept with someone else and... uh-oh! Baby on the way! Then, we'd have an extra whodunit apart from the regular cases ;)

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That scene is the first thing I thought about once it was revealed what happened to her. That definitely should have bothered her but yet she chose to run away from a scene that she didn't even see where a girl was killed by a shotgun. All she saw was the mother outside. It's also more proof of how poorly written she is and that they had no clue when Manhattan Manhunt aired just what her secret was going to be. I also didn't like how she was suddenly cured after the trial. She might have felt better and relieved it was over but she would not suddenly be cured.

Anna was pregnant in Season 3 and they didn't make Lindsay pregnant. They shouldn't have done it this time either. I still think it's for a bigger reason that we just aren't seeing yet. With Lindsay's history with children on the show, it makes me wonder if she'd be a very good parent. In City of the Dolls, she tried to get on that little girl's side and so did not work. In Boo, that poor little girl had a frown on her face the entire time Lindsay was talking yet her demeanor totally changed once Danny started talking to her. Let's hope she does better with her own.

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

So I finally started watching S4 and found that I actually don't care anymore about Lindsey. It's like she's not even there even if she is. I'm not angry at her, I'm not annoyed, I just don't care. Well, that was until I watched the Monologue of Doom. I've read about it before but had no idea that it was that bad. I mean, either Lindsay has to go or the writers. My suggestions? It's best both leave!

The whole monologue was a lot of thin air. She didn't really say anything, just accused Danny? Hello, the guy lost someone and is grieving. Sorry, he's not thinking about you all the time! And why would he come to her anyway? She told Mac she's not good with those situations. I'm fine with that, it's alright, I can understand that but then all of a sudden accuse Danny?
    And what's this about having fallen in love with him? When did that happen? They had sex once, there was no indication whatsoever that they are/were in a relationship and Danny sleeping with Ricky tells me, he clearly didn't think he was dating/seeing Lindsay!

Another thing, how long are they going to play the "she's from Montana"-card. I'm seriously sick of it! You should think that after three/four years there was something else to talk to her about?

13. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, we're 17 eps into season and five and we're still being reminded that Lindsay = Montana. *sigh* It's just as tiring now as it was the first million times.

14. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

Strange hours of the morning = Optimum old-discussion entering time.

Anyway, while I don't exactly hate Lindsay (at least, not as much as some other factors of the show), she's pretty horrible. The inconsistency of her personality, her lack of professionalism in the workplace, her overall egoism, and other flaws that I'm sure have been listed already are just... not fun to watch.

Belknap's mediocre acting is bad enough, but when combined with the terrible writing (everything after the middle of season 2 gets worse for me), it just ... well, it sucks. Lindsay is never well-defined in the script, nor in Belknap's portrayal; I think that the acting actually just makes it that much more difficult to understand who Lindsay is, and what she's about. By now, she's starting to seem more like a strange parasite latched onto Danny than a person, sucking out his awesome and converting it into lame.

I don't know. I almost liked her when she was first introduced, but there's something really strange about her that doesn't work for me. She started to confuse me, annoy me, fade into unimportance, and most recently anger and (once again) confuse me.

Although one of the worst parts for me - by far - is that Lindsay reminds me chillingly of my ex-girlfriend... only she's a crime scene investigator rather than a singer.

15. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I'm gonna go out on a limb here: I often had a tough time dealing with kids. Now, let's look at what happened for me 2 years ago - my daughter was born. She and I get along quite well. Some of her friends at day care seem to like me too (I sometimes get hugs from them or high fives!). I think, to Lindsay's credit, she could be a great Mom, but won't have an easy time dealing with children till she has one of her own. I don't often defend Lindsay or her behavior/attitude/personality, but I do want to try to give her the benefit of the doubt once in a while.

Heck, after the season finale, we may not have to worry about how Lindsay is with children. That is a MAJOR maybe! LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.