CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd need a pencil and some scrap paper to do the math. :p

I was kind of hoping the clip would have Adam or Bobby in it - but alas, they're going to make me wait until the episode actually airs. *sigh* ;)

I was reading a Criminal Minds interview and found it interesting that they are doing a 25 episode season aswell makes more sense with NY now aswell.

I still have a small glimmer of hope that we might eventually get a crossover with CM (the timeslots are perfect, I'm sure they could make it work) - despite that one scene they put in CM before where the team arrived at the crime scene and made disdainful comments about CSIs thinking they're cops (or something similar - it seemed like a jab at the CSI shows in any case).

*wistful sigh*

Two, we got spoilers about Danny and Lindsay struggling as parents.

To me, ^^that^^ eliminates Danny and Lindsay as candidates for "who dies in the season finale?".
Another thing, from everything I've read in the "Big Season Finale Spoiler" thread, I don't think it'll be Angell. Sounds to me like it'll be someone in the opening credits during the theme song. I don't believe it'll be Mac or Stella. They might as well make it the series finale if it's one of them.
I don't think it'll be Adam-(AJ Buckley) or Sid-(Robert Joy). Why bother putting AJ and Robert in the opening credits during the theme song if they were gonna kill one of their characters at the end of the season???
I think it'll be Flack or Hawkes. Like I've said in the "Big Season Finale Spoiler" thread, I believe I've seen a badge on Hawkes in various seasons 2-5 episodes. Including but not limited to: season 4 episodes "One Wedding and A Funeral" and "Admissions". So, if I'm right about having seen a badge on Hawkes and the cop-killers are responsible well... that badge could make the cop-killers mistakenly think/believe Hawkes is a cop and not a former M.E. turned CSI.
Or it could be Flack. Flack could be trying to arrest one of those cop-killers and the cop-killer gets free and kills Flack. Last night I was IM'ing with Ghawazee. We got to talking about the season finale and this came up, or more truthfully, I brought this up: The writers could be planning to finish what they started in the season 2 finale "Charge of This Post". Let me explain: "Charge of This Post" ended with a scene of Mac in Flack's hospital room holding Flack's hand. Well, if they had done things different, season 3 could've started with Flack's funeral and Mac having flashbacks of standing in the hall watching through the window at the doctors and nurses trying to save Flack. They didn't kill Flack off then so... they might be planning to do it now. They better not kill Flack. I like Flack. I'm as much a Flack fan as I am a Mac fan. Be bad enough if they kill who my intuition says it'll be: Hawkes. I'm also a Hawkes fan.

Oh, the more I think about them killing off one of the characters, the more p--i--double s--e--d off I get. :klingon: :evil: :angryrazz: :brickwall: :mad:

EDIT
Quoting part of what I said ^^up there^^ in this post.
Carolyn3843
I believe I've seen a badge on Hawkes in various seasons 2-5 episodes. Including but not limited to: season 4 episodes "One Wedding and A Funeral" and "Admissions".

I put in the DVD and watched "One Wedding and A Funeral" and I was right. If you freeze the DVD at 13:48 on the counter during "One Wedding and A Funeral" you can see the badge on Hawkes's belt. Same place Mac and Flack and Danny wear their badges.

Last edited:
*laughs* Note that I was being sarcastic, in case anyone really believed my previous post.

Yay, 25 episodes for Criminal Minds! I mean... CSI:NY!

I'm glad that there's a new episode tonight, even though I'll probably only enjoy about half of it, if the promo was any indication of what goes on tonight.

Side Note: I got the most recent issue of the CSI Magazine, and two things:
1) The magazine is like D/L propaganda. They're obsessed, I tell you! And referred to Lindsay as "Montana"... *frowns*
2) The cover misspelled the word "heats". *mutters* It says "It's Mac to the rescue as CSI:NY's fifth season hots up."
There are a few things I wanted to mention from the one article:
-"[Green Piece] also sees Danny and a glowing Lindsay become the CSI franchise's first married couple in a quiet civil ceremony witnessed by Mac and Stella." I suppose she's glowing once he convinces her to go along with it, since she didn't look "glowing" in the preview. But did I expect any different?
-"Danny's imminent fatherhood does not prevent him from needlessly putting himself in harm's way, an attitude that may require some adjustment before the baby arrives... if Lindsay has anything to do with it, anyway." Oh, great. So we get to hear Lindsay harp on him for the rest of the season about how he needs to be more careful.
-The interview with AB says that the pregnancy is the "kind of thing [that] happens to grown-ups". I just... *sigh* I don't really see them as really "grownups". Some of the things they do- both of them- are rather childish, and I just can't see them finishing this storyline with the adult seriousness that's required. Maybe I'm judging them on past problems, but what else can I go on?

OT: Hee, the magazine says to go to CSIFiles.

I still have a small glimmer of hope that we might eventually get a crossover with CM (the timeslots are perfect, I'm sure they could make it work) - despite that one scene they put in CM before where the team arrived at the crime scene and made disdainful comments about CSIs thinking they're cops (or something similar - it seemed like a jab at the CSI shows in any case).

*wistful sigh*

God that would be amazing. Morgan and Danny on one show... :eek:

And Adam and Garcia woud be just classic.

OT: Hee, the magazine says to go to CSIFiles.
Haha! I heard one of Kristine's interviews was quoted. That's pretty awesome. :D

They excerpted the latest CSI Files' Carmine interview! Pretty cool. :cool:

I did find it amusing that there are as many big pictures of Danny as there are of Lindsay in the Anna interview. Just goes to show how much she's just become simply Danny's love interest rather than a real character in her own right. I hope we're not going to be subjected to her harping on Danny about staying out of danger for the duration of the show.

I wish the wedding were being done less stereotypically. It would have been refreshing to see Lindsay be the one to set up the wedding--especially after Danny already proposed once. There's nothing I hate more than passive, simpering female characters, which is why I actually liked it back when Lindsay put the moves on Danny in season two and even in "Snow Day" despite the fact that I hated her behavior for much of season three. If we had to have a wedding, it would have been nice to see them actually be not typical about it and have Lindsay be the driving force behind it.

Alas, I couldna get the link to work, but thanks. It's possible my little cloud of irony doesn't wish me to be able to view anything but DL until the eppie airs, at which time the world will hopefully open up again. Seem to be no other non DL promos around...

And. Um. Hm. Der Bobsman. ;) He be Mister Robert Gant, best known for Queer As Folk, guesting on tonight's eppie ( I actually don't know much other stuff he's done, but he guested on CSI Vegas too awhile back).

Just wait until the reviews, you'll find out all about who Bobscataboomaringo is... :lol: ;)

While yer on utube, there's lot's there to catch yerself up. ;)

Last edited:
Bobby is like a big, buff teddy bear, and I want him to have all of my babies. :D I expect most of my episode comments will be 'Aww, Adam *pet pet*' and 'BOBBY!' over and over again. :lol:

Thanks for that link, JellyBelly - I hadn't seen it.

*snorgles Adam and protects him*

^^^ Thanks for the Bobby info, just caught a glimpse. I wasn't terribly keen on the US QAF, I happened upon it when I was travelling at the time and it didn't quite hit the spot. I think it was only because I loved the British QAF which suited my own humour much more (which kinda figures seeing as I am British). :)

I wish the wedding were being done less stereotypically. It would have been refreshing to see Lindsay be the one to set up the wedding--especially after Danny already proposed once. There's nothing I hate more than passive, simpering female characters, which is why I actually liked it back when Lindsay put the moves on Danny in season two and even in "Snow Day" despite the fact that I hated her behavior for much of season three. If we had to have a wedding, it would have been nice to see them actually be not typical about it and have Lindsay be the driving force behind it.

You know, I have to agree with that, Top. I liked Lindsay, and D/L, much better when Lindsay was the... what's the right word... aggressor? Like Snow Day. I had no problem with the D/L stuff, because Lindsay had initiated the kiss and wasn't just some girl that the guy could go after, even if that's what most of season three was. This whole wedding thing... I dunno, I just think it could be done better. Of course, I haven't seen the episode yet, but I don't care for what we've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back