CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...the baby is coming in ep 523. I hope they hold the cheese. ;)

hahaha! :lol: that just totally made my day. good one. i am praying the cheese is left out.

i doubt this would happen but i would like for TPTB to go in a way like "Criminal Minds" where AJ Cook's character has her baby but there was no baby-being- born- scene. this was like the one and only ep i have ever watched of the show ( i was getting antsy for NY to come on so i put CM on) and i liked the way that was handled. i'd just like to see Danny calling up Mac and the team and telling them about the baby, that would be just fine for me.

This would be lame:

I want to know when Lindsay's baby is going to be born on CSI: NY. Have anything on that? — Mary

MegaBuzz: We have it on good authority that she will go into labor on or around May 6 — but it may be but the start of a protracted push. We're not saying the CBS procedural would do this, but some first-time moms' deliveries last well until their season finales. CSI: NY's airs May 20
:rolleyes:

Thanks Fay :) I guess the next question to be answered will be:

"...Please, Michael, I'm dying here. I want to know when Danny will change the diapers for the first time...":lol::lol::lol::lol:

And be ready for the violins:lol:. We will get some (or probably the whole orchestra when the baby is crowning:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Debbie :lol:

ps: Lori, dear

May I ask what this is about? Debbie dear GET HOME!!! You of all people know the "Head games" TPTB play! Dont let them get you down:(
if i know i will have Asprine, Gio, Pleni and the rest ;) because i love Smacked Family :) (you are part of the Family needless to say)

Last edited:
This would be lame:

I want to know when Lindsay's baby is going to be born on CSI: NY. Have anything on that? — Mary

MegaBuzz: We have it on good authority that she will go into labor on or around May 6 — but it may be but the start of a protracted push. We're not saying the CBS procedural would do this, but some first-time moms' deliveries last well until their season finales. CSI: NY's airs May 20

Oh please God... please make the MegaBuzz completely inaccurate... I don't think I could last 14 straight days of Labor!Lindsay. I'd dig around for "Dead Inside" on my iTunes and drown myself in F/A to avoid the cheese and pain.

Anybody know the song that goes "Love's the only house big enough for all the pain in the world"? I'm going to love these D/L scenes... /sarcasm

I finally got around to seeing the promo and I have to say that I wouldn't mind the D/L stuff that much if they would've mentioned the, oh I don't know, EXPLOSION? CASE? ADAM? Any of these things ringing a bell? Only three things were remotely amusing to me:
1) "Two CSIs fell in love" -Oh, did they now? Because as I remember it Lindsay fell in love with him, then out of love, and now that she's pregnant it's love again? Maybe?
2) $25 for a wedding! Because the best way to get your pregnant girlfriend to marry you is by saying "But sweety, I already paid the clerk the twenty-five bucks!"
3) I actually liked the look on Lindsay's face when she sees the sign. It's kind of "Oh, really? Really? THIS is how you're going to make me marry you? *sigh*"

Last edited:
I *heart* Bobby (almost wrote 'booby'), and y'all will not be free of it until the episode airs - then I'll take my fangirling to the grading thread. ;)
:lol: ha, ...yah, you wouldn't believe the spellcheck I hadda do before I posted in the state I was in.

...Which is what makes me think Lindsay might be the one to die in the finale. Why rush a happy ending if not to bring about more drama?
...don't tease me.

(Brief) spoilers for #523 - Greater Good
  • A girl is killed by being hit with a car. Mac believes that the man who admitted to the crime is, in fact, innocent. It would appear that someone has paid a hitman to kill the man.
  • Lindsay is in this episode. She's in labour, and it seems to be taking a while. Stella visits her in the hospital.
eta: I've changed the spoilers, I'm a bit confused by the case but I think that the man was found guilty and served time for killing the girl, but now he's been released someone wants him dead.
Thanks for those. :)

Hm. Like a regular ordinary person got killed? In NY? Not rich? Famous? Glossy? Or at least spray tanned? Politically connected? Oh wait, there's a hitman gonna be involved. Phew. I was gettin' all worried there. :p

Luvely. Nuthing will make for more scintillating screentime than watching that infamous expression thru the duration of a long, drawn out difficult labour. I guess they hadda top 5.17 somehow.

I was never lactose intolerant prior to DL. This season in particular, things have progressed even further, to the point where TPTB owe me a stipend for eppy pens.

Yes, Danny is there. At least, at one point he is on the phone (from the hospital) talking to Flack. That in itself I found quite interesting, especially as Danny and Flack don't seem to have discussed the pregnancy at all, but he does seem to be getting an update on how Lindsay's labour is progressing.
I suppose he hasta check in with Flack once in awhile, when there aren't obliging strangers milling about in corridors to talk to at random... :p

Hm. I think they need another scene out at the bar shooting pool over drinks. To bitc- er, engage in deep meaningful dialogue about a few things. The least Flack could do is take Messer out for one last night on the town. He probably woulda, if only Danny had mentioned he was getting ma- um, had some paperwork to take care of, after he stopped by the bank...

Having 25 episodes also fits with what Lenkov said in that recent MegaBuzz question about the last four episodes being "very heavy, Mac and Stella-wise. Mac's father is mentioned in 5.22 ("Yahrzeit") and he seems emotionally involved in 5.23 ("Greater Good"), and the Greek storyline is apparently wrapped up in 5.24 - and I'm guessing Mac's a major part of the finale, as usual.
I guess I don't really mind that. But I am curious about what will lead to emoMac. I mean, when Mac getting emotional warrants a spoiler? :lol: If it's keenly emotional like in Blink, fine. If it's irratemotional like with Ella, um, *sigh* no...

ETA:
Melina Kanakaredes [/B](Stella)tells me: "I'm writing the 24th episode this season, the one right before the finale. I really enjoyed going into a different part of the business." Melina also told me that we should definitely expect to see the traditional CSI: NY finale cliffhanger.
I'm glad Melina's dipping into other realms and that we'll get to see what she's contributed. :)

So, if one cliffhangar in the past four years equals a tradition because they're doing one this year, well, this illustrates perfectly the bizarre sense of Time TPTB have in general. 'Spalins a lot about continuity, offscreen assumptions, and retrofitting. In fact, I might hafta be impressed. Who knew TPTB were into quantum physics at all.

ETA 2:
Matthew in Indianapolis: Anything else coming up on CSI: NY?
This Wednesday's CSI: NY finally puts Adam Ross right in the action! A.J. Buckley tells us, "This week's episode is really big for me. I'm out of the lab, and I kind of do some heroic things. I actually did my own stunts! I get janked on the table, and it's a big mess!"
Whatever "janked" means. :wtf:
Erm. Hm. A messy jank...? Sounds like the end of a fun night out, actually. ...I wunda if a carrot bong's involved? If not, it sounds like it should be... :p

AJ doing his own heroic stunts will be fun to see. :bolian:

^Yeah, it will be interesting if they show up in the finale. I wonder if they'd fight Danny for custody of the baby if Lindsay did die. That could be another big storyline next season if Lindsay is the one who dies.
Interesting that they weren't seen previously in a way, say, oh at the trial in Montana where their daughter was testifying about the most traumatic event of her young life. The hypothetical death of Lindsay might change things but at this point it would be a little odd I guess to suddenly have a custody battle ensue when there's been no indication they're a close family? Could be an interesting possible complication for Danny next season I guess.

It would be the greatest of ironies though, if next year not only Danny, but the child, and Lindsay's long lost parents wind up getting more screentime, even if by remote conversational reference alone, than Lindsay's had all this season.

:shifty:

:brickwall::guffaw::brickwall::guffaw::brickwall:

Too f*cking ridiculous for words... gad, please, don't let it happen...

Mind you, if they had the gall to do it that way, I guess we'd know why Danny left the hospital, and the others only pop in for visits or mebbe make a call... :lol:

On Rick and Steve, Dana was in labor for like 3 weeks. Of course, the characters on that show are plastic puppets (*points to icon*), and she got pregnant when sperm accidentally spilled on her jeans. But hey, who needs realism on NY, right? :p

Elwood21 said:

I guess I don't really mind that. But I am curious about what will lead to emoMac. I mean, when Mac getting emotional warrants a spoiler? :lol: If it's keenly emotional like in Blink, fine. If it's irratemotional like with Ella, um, *sigh* no...
He mentions Claire in 5.23.

ETA: Oh, and I forgot to mention: BOBBY! ;)

Oh FFS. I hope she isn't in labor for weeks. I understand a day or whatever but WEEKS? Come on now.

hahaha! :lol: that just totally made my day. good one. i am praying the cheese is left out.

LOL, thanks! Yeah, I hope Danny doesn't say anything totally cheesy or goofy, or does something like cry when the baby is born. Though that would so be Danny. :lol:

This would be lame:

I think he's probably joking. It is kind of weird that the baby isn't being born in the finale. If 524 was the finale, I could see the labor being carried over two episodes, but not three. I'm pretty sure he was just trying to beef up his answer and be funny.

Thanks Fay :) I guess the next question to be answered will be:

"...Please, Michael, I'm dying here. I want to know when Danny will change the diapers for the first time...":lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's awesome. If anyone asks that question, I will die laughing! I wonder if Ausiello will answer any questions this week about the big death. I'm definitely curious!

1) "Two CSIs fell in love" -Oh, did they now? Because as I remember it Lindsay fell in love with him, then out of love, and now that she's pregnant it's love again? Maybe?

Sounds like an accurate summation to me!

2) $25 for a wedding! Because the best way to get your pregnant girlfriend to marry you is by saying "But sweety, I already paid the clerk the twenty-five bucks!"

The best would be if Danny kind of looked up sheepishly and said, "Damn, I only got $20 out of the ATM. Hey Linds, do you think I could borrow five bucks?" Because that would be awesomely funny. :lol:

3) I actually liked the look on Lindsay's face when she sees the sign. It's kind of "Oh, really? Really? THIS is how you're going to make me marry you? *sigh*"

That big honking $25 FOR WEDDINGS (or whatever it says) sign is about as unromantic as it comes. :lol:

Unless the last three episodes take place in like a day or two (two is pushing it), I can't see why they'd have her pregnant until the finale. It would be ridiculous. :wtf:

I'd like to say I'm confident that they wouldn't pull that, but I'm just not. :lol: That being said, I doubt she'll actually be in labor until the finale. She'll probably have the baby at the end of 5.23. (Hell, sometimes a single episode takes place over a couple of days.)

A three episode labour? :rolleyes: That would be truly awful. I know that the spoilers for "Greater Good" suggest that the labour isn't progressing quickly, but that would be ridiculous (not to mention boring). I'm pretty hopeful that they won't drag it out over multiple episodes and she'll have the baby by the end of #523. Also, I'd put money on Danny crying (I'm not a fan of crying Danny). There's bound to be some cringe-worthy moments. :lol:

Oh, did I mention that it's a three-part finale now? Yeah, they're making Melina rewrite her episode so that the coin is hidden in Lindsay's hospital room and she has to fake being in labor for days so that the Greek guys can't come in and find it. Lindsay then goes into real labor during the last episode of the season.

Lenkov said, "We lose a member of our family and that's just in the first 10 minutes."

Maybe that means Lindsay has difficulties and loses the baby. I hope not, but that would fit with a multiple episode labor. If that wasn't a joke, that is. That's another spin on use of the word family anyway.

PA, that's interesting. We have those evil!kidnappers-turned-into-cop-killers and the fact that someone from the family's gonna die, but that doesn't mean the two events are related. The kidnappers may just kill any cop and then we may also have Lindsay kicking the bucket due to complications. Or even the baby might die, but I hope they don't kill the poor thing. DL ticks me off already, angsty!DL after baby loss would certainly make me go ballistic.

Lenkov said, "We lose a member of our family and that's just in the first 10 minutes."

Maybe that means Lindsay has difficulties and loses the baby. I hope not, but that would fit with a multiple episode labor. If that wasn't a joke, that is. That's another spin on use of the word family anyway.

I can't see them killing the baby due to complications during birth. One, it would be in very bad taste given Anna's real-life pregnancy being so closely tied in with the baby on the show. Two, we got spoilers about Danny and Lindsay struggling as parents. Three, I can't see it changing the line up forever...unless it causes Lindsay to dump Danny's ass and go back to Montana for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back