CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Here's what we originally had about 5.22:

It's been confirmed by watching the episode that the one mentioned in those spoilers was Elgers. I'm not sure what happens between him and Danny, but it gets Danno in trouble.

2. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

see that confuses me cause he (elgers) and danny didn't even have a scene together...and then danny is in trouble with IAB....could they be switching things again like they did on personal foul....all the spoilers said it was danny and lindsay at the game then in the actual show it was danny and flack....could flack be the one in trouble with IAB....that would make more sense right???

same thing goes with the preview for next week 'a former medical examiner is found murdered'....well the former medical examiner was alive and in cuffs in the photos.......its all confusing me..

....oh and who dies....seriously its bugging me! i don't want to have to wait until may....or june if we get more eps then usual. =]

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

In the original spoilers for 5.17, I think Danny was in the interrogation scene with Flack - but even though they changed that, they could still have Danny in trouble because of the guy in 5.22. That's the episode that deals with the Holocaust and racism and whatnot, so my guess is that Danny encounters him during that case and gets in trouble. (I don't think it would make much sense to wait that many episodes to deal with something from 5.17, but you never know.)

Well, Pino was an ME, but his wife could have been an ME too. Maybe this is a case of careful wording to make viewers think one of the MEs they saw on the show would turn up dead. *pets Zao*

4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'd forgotten about the spoilers saying that Elgers would be back. That is interesting. I've got to say, that guy was frightening. Clearly the whole team found him reprehensible, whether they met him or not in the last episode, but I can definitely imagine Elgers being able to push Danny enough for him to do something which would get him into trouble with IAB.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Argh why do they insist on ending on a cliffhanger? The first few seasons didn't and were just fine.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I guess it's because cliffhangers are more suspenseful. Even if you know a character is going to get out of something, you still are eager to know how they get out of it. And, in reality, they really are effective with people like me. The first time I really came online and did stuff was over the summer in which Warrick was dying, Mac was a hostage, and that damn SUV exploded over on Criminal Minds. CM alone made me the most stressed viewer on television, and when you combine all three I was drug onto here. (Granted, F/A pulled me to this site, but it's the cliffhangers that got me onto the idea of fansites in general.)

As long as it's not a Mac!In!Danger! cliffhanger, I'll be okay with it. :rolleyes:

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yeah I wonder...would they do two of those in a row? It might be a StellaInDanger one since the Greek storyline may carry over.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm pretty sure the Greek thing ends in 5x24. Do you think it could have anything to do with the flashdrive thing? Is there anything about when that'll come back into play? Because it's almost like it's been forgotten about.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah I keep wondering when the flashdrive storyline will end. I am thinking that perhaps any cliffhanger to the season might be more about a storyline than a character-in-danger! type scenario, especially with the spoilers saying that a character will die in the first 10 minutes of the episode. Surely they wouldn't end the episode with someone else in danger? Would they? :lol:

I wasn't a fan of last season's cliffhanger, it didn't leave me desperately wanting to know what would happen next. There was simply no chance that anything unfortunate would happen to Mac.

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I hate when they do end of the season cliff-hangers because you have to wait months until you can see the next part. I would prefer that if they had to do a cliff hanger to make it so that the next part was the following week.

12. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I hate cliffhangers. Spending a whole summer reading rumors isn't exactly my thing. I hope is not someone!in!danger again, but something subtler.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* I think I'd rather a character!in!danger! cliffhanger than the one NCIS gave last season, but that's just me.

You know... it would be interesting if in the first ten minutes, a character "dies", and then it sort of rewound like in Rush to Judgment and then the cliffhanger was the character in the hospital flatlining. Because, like, it would take care of both things. Not that I want that to happen, but it certainly is possible.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I think if they're going to kill a character, they wouldn't leave us in suspense at the end of the season about that character's fate. Generally when it's the cliffhanger--like Living Doll/Dead Doll on CSI--the character does survive. That doesn't eliminate the possibility of another character being in danger, though, in addition to the character who dies.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Augh, even worse, Top! Leave me to my denial about only one character being in life-threatening danger at a time! :lol:

No, but I know you're right. They wouldn't leave the one character- that we know dies- in limbo over the summer. It just wouldn't have the same suspense.

:rolleyes: I'm waiting for the "but- do they really die?" comments from Ausiello. Hate that guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.