Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

JoannaRose897, I felt the same way about the ending..

You know, not to briefly shift the topic, but are they planning on firing Tara?? I mean, that's a huge thing. It falls along the lines of Ryan's gambling problems. If Stetler finds out, that would be immediate termination, plus she lied to Horatio. But, I think Horatio likes her on his team so I could see Horatio Caine to rescue her from a drug addiction and from Stetler's evil claws... :devil:

Back to Calleigh and Eric...I think the writers wanted us E/C lovers out there to know they see us watching and wanted us to look for that (albeit tiny) little detail of him pushing in her chair. We've never seen Eric do that for her, let alone anyone else, before. At least I can't remember him doing that for her in an interrogation, unless anyone else can tell me otherwise?? Just him being so considerate and being a gentleman has always been part of his character. Especially now that they are together, he knows she deserves the treatment, so why not. He's a sweetheart and all of us hiphuggers out there noticed, without a doubt. ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

"I will not read the spoilers! I will not read the spoilers! I will not read the spoilers!" Im on vacation in San Diego, so I'm wayy behind you all in terms of what happens, especially on the end of tonights epi (i swear i didn't click the box i juss read the title!!).

Funnily enough, I have been watching the beginning of season six (which kinda stunk in my opinion). I was watching the episode in which Calliegh and Jake break up, and to quote the infamous Rick Stetler "The impending rules regarding interdepartmental fraternization ."
    See that?^ technically, we have no idea whether Cal and Eric are legal or not. Ahh, well, if they aren't, they'd prolly look cute in little jail uniforms.:rolleyes::lol:

BTW- Doesn't this epi seem a little predictable?? whatever.:confused:

3. anamarya

anamarya Witness

totally agreeing with you.... it can be any of the afore mentioned motives or a combination of them.... even mnore knowing that they are with us on this boat (ship;)).
    i'm putting tonight's episode in here because oi didn't saw it yet.
    the chair think seems nice,cute and so "latin" of him.
    if the interrogation and everything else is in the mirror that stands to prove that they not only are not affected in their work by their relationship but they are more in "sync" now and that can help
    the promo sounds very interesting case and E/C wise. he is thinking about something and she has only thecase in hermind...why doesn't that surprise me??
    ok,is not E/C but: Tara'sstory line seems to me to be connected with Stetler.... he HAD o have a reason to grill her also....

4. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I totally Missed Eric pulling the chair out but I will go back when I get the download for the youtube page. Also does anyone know what Natalia was doing at the end and why was she looking at the pictures and looking at the interagtion room so hard! I just didn't get it. Maybe I missed something. For a min. I thought maybe she had notice Calleigh & Eric doing something, But I guess not.

I think Calleigh will find out about Tara, Or maybe Eric. I don't think H. is gonna let that slide to much. He will send her to rehab or something. Maybe Alex is comming back to do some episodes and they need to do something with Tara for a few weeks! you never know! Oh! And what the heck! Kyle is all of 16 or 17 years old and he gets his own townhouse! Jeez!! Hey Horatio can I be your kid for a while! I just didn't really understand that. I think hes to young for his own place. He has sure been in way to much trouble for it!

I can't wait until next week to see that day dream I am still think Eric is having some sexual thoughts about Calleigh on that plain. I think thats one reason they Metion the Smoke & sex in the bathroom. They are doing something for a purpose! Maybe that will be one of our Hot Sex scenes for the two of them. I'd like to see what goes on in Delko's Mind when he looks at Calleigh! You know it gotta be a hot love scene! Lol!!

5. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

yeah i didn't see that coming too! i was like wtf tara was the one who took the pills :wtf: you have a point, maybe they're planning to fire tara..but there's a possibility that she's not either cux she's still new..it would be kinda eh, weird if they hire someone and fire them directly..i mean possible but strange..CSISDflash: hey i just realized that kyle IS 16..i thought for a minute he was like 20 and he gets his own house!

i know alot of people already noticed this and posted it but I just wanna say: eric is truly a gentleman in his own simple ways..awww ;) there was that tiny gesture from him even though he knew only a few people would actually notice it.. calleigh is lucky to have him :lol: and well obviously, so is eric!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  6. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

Here are my thoughts :)

I liked the episode a lot even though there was almost no EC, we did have a little moment with the chair. What a gentlemen :lol:. I didn't mind
    I was however shocked that Tara was the one who stole the pills. I guess it would have been to obvious Julia stole them. Still...I'm affraid Tara is growing on me and I hope she doesn't get fired or anything.
    I think Calleigh will be the one finding out. She was really sweet to Tara when the wood?:lol: hit her head, it didn't seem that heavy...
    Maybe natalia was trying to figure out who was happy or something. The woman that divorced TRent or (his other name) seemed happier than Kelly rowan's character. I don't know I'm just guessing as well.

As far as the next episode, I'm looking forward to see the promo :) From what you guys are saying, it looks promising

7. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

The scene with a chair was cute, but …

If only I was confused with some double meaning of this scene? - two pairs sit at the table, it as would a parallel between them, but young boy/girl is a "wrong", "illegal" pair. I hope, there is no hint on E/C.

May be I'm too much pessimistic or insane :-( Dissuade me, please!
    Does some of you have understand my thought?

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I don't think there's need to put this in spoiler box anymore, so I'm just gonna write it without one.

I doubt there's some double meaning, but if there was I'd go with the opposite. The kids are illegal and Cal and Eric are sitting on the other (opposite) side of the table, so they are the opposite of illegal... So, they are legal. :lol:

I think someone once said (correct me if I'm wrong) that we, the hiphuggers, are so crazy about our ship that we would find some deeper meaning in a scene where Calleigh and Eric are examining a piece of wood. And that is probably true, because we always tend to find some EC moments in the episodes that have none.

Jennifer, thanks for describing the promo, looks like you'll have scenes to describe in the next episode. ;) There's a link for it in Spoiler Lab, by the way. I still haven't got to watch the show (I'll probably watch it tonight), but thanks to everyone who mentioned the chair moment, I'll be watching out to catch that.

Looks like we won't finish this thread faster than the last one, but that's okay... I guess we'll brake the record with the next thread, though, with 7.18, 7.19 and 7.20... :cool:

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I noticed that part where Eric pulled out the chair for Cal, it was cute. I was also lost when I saw Natalia looking at the pictures, then looking at the killers. It was odd. I didn't understand it.

I was shocked seeing that scene with Tara. Maybe Calleigh or Ryan will be the ones to notice, since Ryan did bring up her old shoulder injury. Maybe they'll get suspicious of her.

Just saw it on Youtube, I seriously thought that the writers would not show the daydream Eric had but they do! Next week's episode looks good

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi my fellow hiphuggers of the world.

I just went over the promo for 7.18 a couple of times.
    My hiphuggerheart is not happy. If you were on a plane with the person you loved. Would you not hold their hand???:confused: I hope to get see someelse in episo. from the daydream otherwise. I don´t quite get it. If used in the promo it should be puzzlepart of the complete mystery or a true highuppermoment as in 7.16

Am I right or wrong?

11. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Thanks, Marija_Magdalena.
    I turn into real Crazy Hiphuggers so I need to fair share of judiciousness which you have in your post.

You're right about «because we always tend to find some EC moments in the episodes that have none». Because sometimes I see parallels between the name of an episode and E/C scenes in this episode. :cool:
    As an example
    - Deep Freeze - it's not only investigation about Freeze, but b/c of Eric's mistake they have «freeze» between him and Calleigh.
    - Identity Crisis - where Calleigh, in some way, asked Eric "to identify" his feelings at the elevator.
    - Stand Your Ground - certainly, because exactly Eric is her Rock, Support and somewhat Ground.

I need to stop ;-) Sorry for my ramble.

12. anamarya

anamarya Witness

well, i totally agree with you. if the table has a meaning (even if it doesn't will find one for it) it should be like you said.... on one side the "wrong" relationship, and on the other side the "right" relationship.

the last thread was a record, but this was fast enough. and with another couple of episodes in a row the next one should be fast too. but anyway, it is not about the number of post and other things..... is about the fact that E/C is "canon"

on another note, the promo was cute, and the daydream seems to be ok, not too much. i do hope that we're getting a discution after....

ok.. at least i know that i'm not the only one who's mind is working over-time

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well the episode wasn't bad, it was even a bit surprising, I mean when Tara took the pills.:eek:
    I would never expect her to do something like that, but it's Miami, so everything is possible. I guess they try to give her some interesting story line and it's ok, we don't know much about Tara, so it can be nice to know something more about her.
    And of course the scene with the chair, it was simply sweet and cute, he's such a gentelman when it comes to her;). Though still I think it was a little weird that after so important episode they acted like nothing happened. I completly understand that their relationship can't be the most important thing on the show, but a small smile would be ok, they seemed to be a little cold toward each other. But I guess it'll be better in upcoming episodes.
    I saw the promo and I have to say that I'm surprised they left the scene with daydreaming, it looks good.:)
    I guess maybe they want to reward us for the lack of E/C in yesterday's episode;)

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked the fact that we didn't get a big EC scene last night; it would've been too much. I really wanted us to get a smile or glance, but given the nature of the scene they shared I think it would've been out of place. It was a serious, intense interrogation scene and I think it worked better for them to just be focused on the job.

The chair thing was ADORABLE :adore:!! At the end of the show I had to go back and watch the scene again wondering if it was my overacting hiphugger imagination, but it wasn't, so yay!! That was such a nice and important little detail. I think that such a simple gesture reminds the audience that these two are on a new level of their relationship and that they don't have to be doing something big relationship-wise for us to know they are in one. Their natural chemistry is just evident ;).

I did notice that it was EC, the new couple, who ended up interrogating the young couple. I don't know if it carried any meaning but I found it interesting.

So they left the daydream...I still have to see exactly how it's carried out before I form my opinion...
    Did anyone else notice that Eric had this subtle smirk on his face when he was talking about what people do in airplane's bathrooms? Thought it was funny.

15. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

Yes, I caught that too and thought it was funny. That's a typical guy for you-sex on the brain all the time. LOL. I think it will be interesting to see Calleigh's facial expression when she hears that statement from Eric.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.