Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I thought about it last night and this morning and think that maybe Tara isn't the one with the problem. Maybe shes in another situation like Eric was with his sister with buying drugs for her. You never know, it may be Calleigh that finds out, but technically, she is second in command to Horatio, and may not have any other choice but to tell him. I would like to see what happens with this story line.

Oh, and I didn't get why Natalia was looking at those pictures so much at the end, either. I wish someone would explain:confused: I do feel it was making some reference to Calleigh and Eric's relationship, but I can't put my finger on it...

You know you are right about this so here goes me over analyzing next week's promo..

I'm somehow split between three thoughts on their conversation:

1. Do you think Eric started mentioning sex because he was somehow trying to throw hints at her that he wants to have sex in an airplane bathroom with her?
    2. The fact that she tried to change the subject is because they haven't gotten that intimate yet and she wants to throw him off and get him not to talk about it yet? I mean, this is Calleigh, and I wouldn't put that past her. Maybe that's why we get that she'll talk to him in 7.19 that night, and the bathroom scene in 7.20...
    3. Or was she trying to get to him to remain focused and keep it professional?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Well I didn't expect any hiphugger scenes at all but at least we got the chair thing wich was so sweet even if it was only for 1.5 to 2 seconds short but it made me smile :) but seriously why can't they just make them smile to each other, it really isn't going to do any harm. The episode was good but if we had got some more hiphuggers it would've been much better. I was so suprised by Tara taking the pills, I actually was starting to not mind her but now I've kind of gone off her, I supose they are just trying to give her some interesting stories because she has been a bit boring. I hope we get some good hiphuggers scenes in the next episode! It seems to be 1 episode with hiphugger scenes 1 without.

Yay we see the daydream !( I hope!)!!:lol:

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

You know I love it how we overanalize every little scene with Eric and Calleigh, often suspecting a double meaning of it when for everybody else it's just a normal scene;).
    But I'm glad that I'm not the only one doing it, cause it means probably I'm not crazy or maybe I'm not crazier then the others:lol:.

To answer your questions:
    1. I guess it's possible, you know he's a man and she's a beutiful women, (his women actually:devil:) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of his fantasies;)
    2. I was thinking about it too and it's really hard to say did they sleep with each other or maybe didn't. I think there's a possibility they did, I mean she took him to her home and made him a dinner, but you'll never know. And maybe you're right, there was nothing physical and that's why we get the bathroom scene in 7.20, but who knows?
    3. I think she definitely try to get him as well as herself remain focused on the case. Maybe she was distracted by his comment about people having sex on plane bathroom and she needs to stay professional. And the best way to do it is just change the subject for safer one:).

4. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

From VirGodess1923:
    I thought about it last night and this morning and think that maybe Tara isn't the one with the problem. Maybe shes in another situation like Eric was with his sister with buying drugs for her. You never know, it may be Calleigh that finds out, but technically, she is second in command to Horatio, and may not have any other choice but to tell him. I would like to see what happens with this story line.

Oh, and I didn't get why Natalia was looking at those pictures so much at the end, either. I wish someone would explain:confused: I do feel it was making some reference to Calleigh and Eric's relationship, but I can't put my finger on it...

Okay, that's an interesting take on Tara's new story. I was personally floored as I'd just read the main spoilers and didn't really delve into this eppy beforehand because there wasn't any EC. And as for Natalia and the pictures, it didn't make any kind of sense to me either. Unless we get some kind of hint of it later on in another ep?

5. anamarya

anamarya Witness

first, she will have to tell him. is not the same like with Eric and his memory issues. i mean...i don't really have anything against Tara but she is not part of the team for ages like Eric was when that situation appeared. is not about double-standard,is about knowing a person and really trusting him/her.
    Natalia looking at pictures and references to E/C....maybe is a little too.... analytic for me...but that's just me... you might be right... we have to wait and see
    1. he's a man... a man in love to be specific.... he's bound to think about sex... everywhere possible
    2. it might be true,even if in my opinion (is just my POV) they're intimate from before 7x16. she was too "touchy-feely" for thm not to be at leaston the 3rd base (i do hope that i numberd the beses correctly....in my country we have another code for that)
    3.that's deffenatly true.... i mean...we know Cal... she's the epithome of proffesionalism...

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

1. IDK...I don't think Eric is like that anymore...but it is possible...I think it was more b/c what else do 2 people do in an airplane lavatory?? :devil:
    2. I actually think she was just giving a witty retort to his comments about sneaking into the bathroom for a smoke and a little sex and she finished it off with what they apparently think happened to the flight attendant.
    3. I actually think she was just joking....being witty ya know ;)

As for Tara, who knows....she could be taking them herself or giving them to someone else. Ryan did mention that she aggrevated an old shoulder injury when parts of the gazebo fell on her. However, I don't get then why she wouldn't just get a script...everyone would understand unless she has had a problem in the past with pills and it is noted somewhere. I really felt like when she first came on the scene she had a chip on her shoulder not in the mean sense but in the sense of someone who had something to prove. Obviously, she had to fill Alexx's shoes but now I am starting to think it might be something deeper.

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I'm with delkolover...
    1. Eric really isn't like that anymore. I think he was just stating fact... people do sneak off into the little bathrooms to sneak a cigarette and to join the infamous mile high club. Although, given their relationship, I do think he may have thoughts about joining that club with Calleigh, but I do doubt very seriously he would mention that to her while they're at work processing the scene. He'd tell her later that evening ;).
    2. Not at all. She was just stating fact, as I do believe a flight attendant is murdered. And I do believe that Eric and Calleigh by this time HAVE had sex. A lot.
    3. No, again I think she was just stating fact.

Who knows, maybe its Calleigh that has the daydream, not Eric. Remember how we thought it was Eric that was going to get the glass in his finger in the "Burned" episode and it turned out to be Calleigh?

I don't know what that was with Natalia studying those photos. When she kept looking at the people, then at the photos, I told my husband perhaps that was all just filler, like they needed to kill time in the episode. Frankly, I would have rather seen some more E/C, and less Natalia checking out the photos against the real people.

And I know this is off topic too, and I do have 3 lines of on topic posting, so I think I'm okay in saying... what a dummy Horatio is. For a man that is so good at crime solving, he stinks as a parent. What parent gives their kid, who last season at least was still in high school, and who has NOT shown much responsibility, his own home?! It's ripe for disaster. Oh... maybe thats it... it gives fodder for some more Horatio drama this season and next. Oh good Lord... save us all from the agony...

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I guess you're right, they probably are having A LOT of sex:drool: . She wouldn't be able to keep her hands off of him!! :drool::drool:

After reading all your responses, I guess it makes sense that he was joking because they are just that comfortable now and could easily talk about anything, including joining the mile high club. Maybe that could be part of his daydream, just being on a plane with her gets him excited at the thought. :devil: Calleigh is also the one that keeps the team on their toes when working a case, she always snaps them back to reality, so that retort was also true Calleigh D. style. ;)

Jennifer, I'm laughing so hard at this and couldnt stop laughing last night:
    I mean, honestly, Horatio?? :confused::guffaw: His own townhouse?? He was in high school last year, unless they fast forwarded a couple years and we all missed it?? I thought he was going to live with Horatio, but he gets his own place?? PROBLEMS! :rommie: (Sorry, OT)

9. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Yep. the chair thing was enough for me lastnight too. But, maybe that was because I was watching the show lastnight with my kids and parents in the same hotel room. :) But it was a sweet gesture that a man in love does for his southern belle. :)

10. delkolover

Yeah the writers kept it simple last night where these two are concerned....which I liked. Some say "you can never have too much of a good thing" but with this show you can, imo. Too much of them and people who aren't into them will be turned off and this show isn't about the personal lives of its characters...another reason I think it took them this long to bring up Julia and Kyle again which was nice...just when you start wondering where they disappeared to, here they are!

There was the subtle chair thing with them and that made me happy, the way they switched back and forth between them while they were interviewing the wives it was almost like they were on the same wave length and scene...that was pretty cool.

I liked last night and am excited about next week.

Which leaves the opportunity for flirting and cute scenes but to see how they are able to be together and work together and be professional I think is also important. We need to see that as well as the cute boyfriend/girlfriend stuff. Shows that when Stetler eventually does come around, the team and H will be able to say that they have been nothing but professional.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

And we're back to spoiler tags...:p

I think that next week we'll probably get some cute smiles. Most probably if Calleigh has to "wake" Eric from his daydreaming. I don't know exactly how it'll go down but I imagine that she snaps him out of it telling him how she wouldn't fly in first class. He's halfway to the carribbean with her and wham! there's Cal telling him she would rather save money for the trip than fly first class :lol:. I imagine him tilting his head and looking down smiling. Maybe she'll notice something and ask him what was on his mind... Whatever happens 7.18 is not exactly the episode I'm most looking forward EC-wise; 7.19 and 7.20 I can't wait for...;)

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I was so upset, cause by 9:45 I realized the only EC scene would be in the very end. I was like jeeze, but when I saw that he helped her with the chair I was awww for a second. Was it me or was that last scene about the bro and sis predictable, but not the pregnant part, but i saw 'them killing the father' coming.

As someone said, that the scene had a double meaning:

~two couple, very much in love, holdings hands (i swear E and C would hold hands for some reason after they did!)... The look on their faces was shocked I was shocked too, when Eric saw the picture he looked sad just like Cal. That scene DEF says something about EC, I think.

There's a patern in the amount of EC we get: after one about alot of EC then the next episode will have almost none of it, then the next eases back into the relationship slowly and the cycle happens again.

13. delkolover

Yeah there was the whole "forbidden relationship" hidden/double meaning thing going on in that last scene with the bro & sis. Albeit, it is forbidden for E/C for different reasons but the coralation was there none the less. I also agree that it was a little predictable, not the baby part but the rest.

There does seem to be a cycle but at times there have been quite a few eps where E/C is seen and then one or two eps where we don't see anything. Idk if it will be predictable but, like you said, so far it has been.

Which again, is fine by me, b/c then those who dilsike this ship can't say that it is ruling the show even though it totally isn't. Case in point 716 when everyone thought that the whole ep would be about them and it soo wasn't. Also, I don't want TPTB to overdue it...I like subtle and hidden meanings and cute scenes...I really really want something hot and sexy but right now, I will take what we are getting b/c it means they are working on it and very obviously taking their time with it. They are giving it the proper attention that something that has been waiting in the wings for seven years needs and deserves. :D

14. loveec

loveec Guest

I love the chair clip it was subtle and very cute...and it looked like she knew it was coming because she did not even try to pull the chair...it was like "Eric, I know you got it!" haha anyways small gestures and cute scenes here and there are perfect treats, I think.

The forbiden parallalism is apparent but I think it.... we will one day see them defend their relationship like thoes two kids I guess!

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I actually look forward to a scene like that were Eric and/or Calleigh are defending their relationship to either one of their co-workers or Stetler and his stupid rule.

I think that it would be great if it was Calleigh imagining their fly away vacation because that is such a girl thing to do. :lol:

I had to watch the scene a couple times to make sure that I actually saw Eric pull out the chair and push it back in for Calleigh. My shipper heart melted just a little. :adore:

Double meanings are everywhere and as many of you have said, the forbidden relationship does come into play the more and more I think about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.