Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

First of all welcome!!! :)

Eric did look embarrased when he was talking about being an illegal immigrant. I think the whole situation made him feel so ashamed not only because of the fact that he hadn't told her but also cause maybe he even felt less in some way. I mean there he was in a detention center, dressed in this hideous orange suit, about to be deported, and like he said, his life was a big lie. I really felt sorry for him. Also, even though I know it was a lot of info to process and he couldn't wrap his head around it I tend to think that in some way he was ashamed of telling her. That maybe he thought she would think less of him because of how screwed up his life was. At least this is what I understod by the "suddenly my life is a big lie" line.

We get a new episode tonight, yay :thumbsup:.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

What I got out of it was that everything in his life he knew to be true, everything his parents told him about his heritage and family is/was a lie. It is like waking up and all of sudden your family isn't your family anymore....they are strangers who you don't know. How do you know who you really are after something like that? It is an identity crisis....how does he believe anything his mother and father tell him now?

I think he didn't tell her b/c he didn't know how to tell her and while he may have been embarassed by it, I think he hadn't processed it enough himself to be able to tell her. If you haven't wrapped your brain around the situation yet, how can you explain it to someone else?

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi hiphuggers of the world.

Well - yet - another monday comming up ....It still make me laugh that tonights show is seasonpremier nr. 2 ... "Going ballistic" . I wonder why we get endseasonshow as premiers. But thanks to you gals and guy I know what to look for. And thanks to the internet * LOL* I am already way into season 7 with you all as far as hiphuggermoments is concerned.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ops ...need to add....Delkolover ...noticed you like crimebooks...but donĀ“t know how to send recommandtions...Perhaps in another forum ...You can educate me?

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep definitely everything his parents had told him and what he knew about his life he had been finding out to be a lie. That's a lot to process so I understood when he answered that he hadn't wrapped his brain around it. Then when he said "it's like all of a sudden my life is a big lie" I understood it as "how do you tell someone all this?" "how do you deal with it yourself?". The part of him maybe being ashamed is just my conjecture and something I thought as part of the reason he didn't say anything. But I mean, yeah, how do you begin to tell someone that this whole time you've basically been living as someone you are not? It's pretty huge.

6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I have to say that I completly agree with both of you. I mean his whole previous world collapsed. I can only imagine how he's feeling right now. From what we know he grew up in warm, loving and happy family. He was very close with them and like he said all of a sudden everything turned out to be lie, so it's understandable he couldn't wrap his brain aroud it.:(
    It's a really difficult and sensitive situation, so I understand why he didn't tell her anything. I think he just doesn't know how to handle it by himself yet and I guess he doesn't want to burden her with his problems in so early stage of their relationship.:)
    But now when she knows about it I'm sure she'll do everything what's in her power to help him to get through it. So I think it'll be a lot easier for him to face all of it now, when he has her. She'll support him and always be with him and in situation like this it really means a lot when you have someone you can lean on.

As for today's episode I just hope it will be though a little gesture between them to let us know that they are doing ok in this relationship.;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey all, I just read this article on last weeks episode and it sums it all up. Here's the link

I thought that they did steal the show last week.:drool: Who cares about the forensics of it all?? (ok, I do b/c I love this show so much and they always keep me interested with the science) I'm certainly hoping for Calleigh and Eric to last quite a while. All the other CSI's did take a while for the relationships to come out and they were full of all the melodramatics. By the time we discovered these people were in relationships, they were on the verge of ending. The focus of Miami on Cal and Eric brings a twist to the show and keeps the fans wanting more. I personally wasnt too interested in the rest of the story line. What's your take on the article?

8. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I think that this article is putting a negative input on this e/c thing. This entire episode wasn't about E/C, just really at the detention center and at the end. If a show was just all forensics, it honestly would get boring eventually. People need to see personal things and romance with the actual characters themselves. I think that Calleigh And Eric will last for a while, as its been 7 years, and that is just too long to wait and ujst end it.

9. delkolover

See now I didn't get that feeling at all. The writer mentions that the promo made it seem like the ep was going to be all about them and he was both elated and a little upset that it wasn't. He obviously isn't a huge fan of the show or he would have realized when this started BUT he mentions that he is more interested in the science aspect of the show than the romance and admits that b/c of that he might have missed something.

He also mentions that he thinks this ship could last for a while and doesn't think it will be one of those in our face romances...which he considers a good thing. However, he compares it to GSR which it is sooo not.

In all honesty, the guy contradicts himself on more than one occassion....it is like he wants to say he likes it but he doesn't want to alienate those who don't :confused: So he would rather ride the fence and say the positve and the negative about the ship...which we are going to get. This show has never done a main cast character ship before that seems like it is going to stick....so of course it seems out of place to those who watch the show for the science or don't like the ship. I think it is too early for ALL of them to be saying anything...we had ONE ep where their ship was centered...give it time to see how the writers handle it. Problem with tv today, we all want instant gratification, whether it be for or against and that just does not happen.

And actually I loved and watch the ep on the whole!! I thought it was great...drama, action and the Miami flare we have come to know and love over the years...I was sooo excited about E/C and I didn't think I would be able to focus on anything but that, but I didn't....I watched everything that happened in that ep and loved it all! ;)

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,I have watched GSR and D/L and there is no way to describe how different this relationship is.The writers took their time to develop the storyline and it definely doesn't take over the show.It seems to me that this is what the article is about.It would be unlikely to see Eric and Calleigh in an important relationship with anyone else after that episode,IMO.Both of each other past couples look very superficial compared to what they have now.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

So... New epi tonight... I hope there's some eye sex...:devil:

About the article...

I think that the guy wanted to say that he liked what was done with EC and that their scenes in "Sink or Swim" really stick out from the rest of the episode. I mean, even if I weren't an EC shipper, those scenes would have stayed in my mind. Cases come and go, but personal things that happen to the main characters always stay in our mind, IMHO.

Anyway, Jennifer, I hope you'll manage to post your fantastic review. I really enjoyed the last one (and each and every before).

So, I'm gonna sleep now, because it's past 11PM here and I have to get up early tomorrow, but I hope there's gonna be a lot of posts in the morning describing all the eye sex of our favorite couple.

12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Hey, did anyone happen to notice that in these past two interviews plus any and all where Adam and Emily are interviewed together, they're always snuggled up together?This habit goes back years. Anyone else notice that?

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

There was only one C/E scene, no romance just work. The episode was kind of a bore for me, it was predictable but the end had an interesting twist

14. delkolover

Ok so I know a bunch of us have been wondering when Miami is going to be announced as renewed....no news yet from the network but...

Corey told me when I asked about the show's renewal...
    :D

I also asked him if the writers felt the ratings dip and losing the night was a result of E/C and if they felt it sent them a signal about it, as some people seem to think it does and he replied:

I kind of figured that...I mean we won't get them in every ep, it would be overkill...When I saw the original spoilers, there really wasn't anything in this ep for them that jumped out at me so I am not disappointed. Again, we knew going into this that their ship wouldn't be in every ep...we know they are together so we WILL get sprinklings of them here and there.

15. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Yea, I have noticed that. It's probably just because....either...
    1. they're cold
    2. they're just good friends
    3. they're trying to portray their couple in a way in the interview, like a comedic thing
    Well, those are my guesses anyways.

I'm guessing tonights show it just kind of a 'filler'; us E/C shippers get 718, 719, and 720 to look forward too!
    And all the daydreaming, gun stealing, bathroom sharing action :D
    And hopefully some good spoilers about 722 and the more of a witty episode from Corey!:bolian:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.