Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, this has nothing to do with the episodes but everything to do with Eric and Calleigh. We know they're canon as a couple now and couples have endearments they call each other. So, what do you think they call each other? "Querida" is too easy as it's the Spanish word for my beloved. So.....whatcha think? I can see Eric calling Calleigh "angel" just because it's nothing Alexx has ever used with either ofthem. An easy one for Calleigh to Eric is "babe", but she once called Ryan that in Going Under and just this week, used the endearment with Tara when she got hurt by the collapsing gazebo. So, I'm not real inclined toward that one.

Go: discuss.

2. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Eric probably call Cal "Mija or Mi Amour", Cal would probably say "Sweetie or honey".

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

'Mija' is short from 'Mi hija' which means 'My daughter', so I doubt he'd go with that one. ;)

I really can't imagine them having some endearments... Maybe Eric calling Calleigh 'babe', but I think they'll stick to 'Eric' and 'Cal'.

4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Yikes, my old college buddy would call his girlfriend that... I asked him what that meant and he said my girl / girl; he said it's like a slang or a term of endearment and i believed him.. :lol: Someone gave me wrong info.. Oppsy.

5. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I agree with you guys! :D If we get to see some scenes, he will probably go for 'babe', something in that direction, that would have been so cute!
    About the daydream. It's very cute if Eric is the one that has it, but I wouldn't mind if Calleigh was the one who had it. Either way, I think it will be a good episode, hopefully with some smiling and glances! :)

6. anamarya

anamarya Witness

me too.... a scene with them defending their relationship in front of somebody (not necessarily Stetler) would be great.maybe he' coming, intervenes and H is going over his head and we see E/C "on trial" in front of TPTB in MDPD. and then the cases where we don't get any E/C would help their case. because they can be, and proven to be nothing else except professional during working hours.
    waw....that's a good one... IDK....i don't see them using the "cliche" endearments. not at work anyway.... and not without us having an explanation before. and yes,if we do get to see some of that.. "querida" fromEric is the saffest bet..... maybe will get a "dude"from Cal.... because like Emily said - he is her dude-.
    their a litleold for the whole "sweetie" thing,and i don't see them using words like "kittie" or what ever they have in Miami.

7. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

i always hear that around here and i thought it was my love or something..if it means my daughter then that would be...err... :wtf: ooh i finally saw the promo of next week's episode on youtube..looks soo good
    ryan was like 'so thats where the story ends' and the voice says 'or does it' and there was the oh so dreamy eric looking at calleigh in the plane drinking champaign...the scene was so picture perfect! :lol:

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi all.

I hope you have a nice day and that someone on the globe gets to see the sun. Yeah it´s cloudy here but no rain for once.

I have worked with all sorts of couples. Affairs - married- newlovers and so on....

Worst type to work with affairs. As we don´t noice the standing together and wispering - breaking up when people come closer....Ehwr....:wtf:.

Well back to our starstruck lovers....

I am sorry guys and gals....I din´t like the promodream. I still belive: new - lovers of all ages are - on private time - more touch and feel then the dream bit. Given the time of night the show is on. Holding hands or one kiss - no skin - might be all, but at least do that in a dreamscene refering to offwork situations:confused:. Hmm go there "all in" or don´t go there.
    Which made me wonder why it is in the promo at all. Emily Procter said that in her opinion putting in the relationship was a small change in the structure of the show. Well....as to what effect? If I was not a hughipper and didn´t read spoilers. I might not want to see "FLight risk" . The rest of the fanbase doesn´t tune in for a happyloversfly-by and having read the spoilers we know, that it´s just a dream. Which makes it ever more odd that it is in the promo.

Maybe I am wrong mayby I am right. But it might be bad call in the promo. What do you think?

9. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Little late getting to the party........like the rest of you, loved the little chair tuck by Eric, that's so sweet! I wonder if it was scripted or Adam threw that in for us hiphuggers? I think it's natural for us to see or read more into all things related to our couple than non-HH fans, so regarding to the whole sis/bro taboo relationship parallels E/C's "secretive" relationship, one can interpret as intended as such on the writers' part or not. As I was watching it, I did think they were trying to show that parallel but I didn't think too much of it.

Regarding terms of endearment between Eric and Calleigh, I never really thought too much of this either, if they ever showed it, I would think Eric would maybe call her 'babe' or just Cal. As for Cal, not sure what she would call him other than Eric, maybe 'honey' or 'hon'?

What I would like see, apart from anything remotely sexy btw these two of course, is what they used to do individually in the early seasons that I want to see them do together on a case now that they're together.

I think it's neat whenever Eric goes scuba diving and when Cal test fires, so if they did either one in the presence of each other, that would be so awesome! I can see Eric teasing Cal missing her target (ala Hagen did in that one episode but it was with a spear, why wasn't Eric in his place instead???) or Cal making a comment about her diver man when he emerges from the water, like "so, see any mermaids lately?" :lol: I realize they finally gave us a scuba scene with Eric in Sink or Swim but he was all by his lonesome self! Ooh, I'd love to see a scene with them both interrogating a suspect in Spanish (or Russian with Eric) while playing the Good Cop/Bad Cop routine, or them making inquiries in the Latin quarters. I mean, when was the last time we heard either one of them speak spanish??

So just to see them do these things in front of each other would create such cute/funny/sweet E/C moments, I think. Ah, how I miss those scuba, test firing, espanol speaking moments from the early seasons!

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Just need to add this.

I am sooooo hoping that Natalia looking at familypictures is NOT a reference to her relationship with Eric and Callieghs.....

Worst case scenario ....She keept the baby anyways from her fling with Eric or she wants him back....
    OHHHHH please don´t go there. Not because I am a hiphugger but ---hello "Bold and the Beautiful" here we go...

To Delkolover...found the book tread and will list some titles there....Some of the europeanones are....:bolian:

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Don't worry, Natalia couldn't have kept the baby, because she wasn't pregnant in the first place. :lol:

I really hope they somehow make that daydream has something to do with the episode. I thought it would be cute if some other members of the team had daydreams, too, then it wouldn't seem so out of place. It's the same for 720... It's okay to show Cal and Eric in the morning because they are showing Ryan, too, so it's not something random, it's 3 CSI being called to the crime scene. You know what I mean?

12. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I think the last time was in the episode with the 3 ladies being suspects because of this armando guy...in that episode they were both speaking in spanish to the housekeeper..but it was just like a line or two.. by the way, i just wanna add this: remember you guys said never to look at anti-hiphugger threads? well i was curious and when i viewed it i was like :confused: do they really dislike the ship that bad? anyway, we are entitled to our own opinion..;) who cares what the world thinks! lol

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I did exactly the same thing, I checked it too and I have to say that you're right I really didn't expect they dislike this ship so much. The chemistry is something very subjective, I mean one sees it while the other one not necessarily, but I totaly don't agree with them that this ship is sudden and out of nowhere. So I agee with you and I don't care what the others think, the most important thing is they are together now, so we can be happy and don't need to care about someone elses opinions.:)

I admit I've been thinking about it a lot, but it's really hard to answer to this question. I don't see them as a type using endearments. But maybe I'm so wrong and when they are alone they use it, but still I just can't imagine what would it be. I guess Eric is more open with his feeling, so it's possible that he has some sweet names for her, but I'm not so sure about Calleigh.:confused:

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I know, but would that not be ultimate jumping of the great white :lol:.
    And - now looking very mystical - one darkhaired wife living with the guy first and a blond wife coming in...Wink - Wink

I agree with your ideas for 720. Did actually surgest something similar in sharkthread...What did you think of the promo..Right or wrong choice of scenes?

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Endearments, hmmm... This is a difficult one cause I really don't see either of them using cutsie stuff to call each other. Maybe I see them using these types of terms in flirty, teasing moments but more along the lines of "hot stuff" like when Cal used it on Eric. Like if Cal wants to get her way (i.e. see the chick flick or something like that) and she'll be all sweet and flirty and calling Eric names as to do what she wants (not that she'll have to beg much :lol:). Maybe in situations like these and when they are teasing each other I see them using "babe", as a stretch maybe even "hon". Other than that...Eric and Cal :thumbsup:.

OT: "Mija" is short for "my daughter", but it is also used as a colloquial term and it doesn't necesarrily have to be said to one's daughter. Like if I haven't seen a friend for a long time and when I see her I go "mija tanto tiempo" (mija, it's been a long time). Still, it's not a cute term like "mi amor" (my love), or "querida" (dear) :).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.