Episode 7x17 - 'Divorce Party' *** CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 7, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I was shocked by Tara ,of course Ryan did mention that old shoulder injury.This looks like a story that will be continued in future episodes.

I think Kyle is 17.Yeah that was unbelievable that H got him that home.It's bigger than my home(which I call the doll house)and I'm a lot older than 17.
    I somehow figured it was the kids too.
    At least we know Ryan has something coming up,so I don't feel too cheated with the little screen time.I'm okay if the screen time is rotated,a little this week,more the next,but that should apply to everyone.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

~Ok, only in Miami can a woman throw such a ridiculous divorce party. :lol:
    I got my dad a six pack of beer when he got divorced, I feel like such a bad kid. :guffaw:

~Dude, does H wanna adopt me? Where does he get all this money. :eek:

~Tara getting hit on the head/shoulder, ok I laughed. But I didn't see her being the one taking the pills, I really thought that Julia had done it.

~Julia and Kyle driving...go faster...my mom always tells me to slow down. :lol:

~Travers :drool:
    ~Eric:drool::drool:

~Eric pulling out the chair for Calleigh :luvlove:

~The girl was pregnant, I laughed again :lol: I knew it.

~The guy calling Frank honey, that was too funny. It would have been funnier had he called Horatio that. :lol:

This episode made me laugh more than usual...must be the mood I'm in.

All in all, not too bad. Next week looks a lot more promising. :thumbsup:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think that maybe Julia pitched in with the house. She probably still has lots of money left over from her dead rich husband.

4. poohbearnd

poohbearnd Civilian

I watched Series: 'CSI: Miami'
    Episode Title: 'Divorce Party'
    Episode Number: 717
    Synopsis: "The CSIs make a shocking discovery about their murder victim, while Horatio tries to save his son from Julia's erratic behavior." Original Airdate: March 09, 2009 this evening. Could anyone tell me who is playing the background instrumental music?:confused: Thank you for your help

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I can't believe Tara stole drugs....there must be a catch! What a boob.
    :eek:

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I didn't even think of Julia.Maybe that was part of her letting Kyle go.

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I'm guessing Kyle either dropped out or home schools. I just...the end was stupid.

I feel bad, but I laughed when Tara got hit in the head. It's not like the edge of the board hit her straight on. I've hit my head on things way harder than that and I'm not being all poopy. Loopy maybe, but not poopy.

Yeah, it's late. I sound like a five-year old.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

But didn't they say earlier this season ("Bombshell", maybe?) that she'd squandered her money on some venture Ron Saris talked her into? (Or something, I don't remember the exact details.)

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I thought there was going to be more with Julia. It seemed like we were going to get more with how she was acting with Kyle but it was dealt with pretty quickly. Poor Kyle at an autopsy! I'm 30 and I would have been freaked out at that, especially the rib cutters! It's not like he's around that stuff all the time so that is messed up. But how cool a dad is Horatio? :)

Where did Ryan wink? My kids were going nuts for a bit of the beginning so I must've missed it.

Is it just me or did Christa Miller look really old? I think she's had so much face work done cause she never sounded like that when she talked on Drew Carrey or earlier Scrubs. Kinda scary!

Can we please have more Ryan? What the heck was that? And who wears a tie with a short sleeve shirt?! Yikes! Still looked good though. :D

The storyline, yeah, knew all that was coming with the kids and the wives. It's the same storyline from House and Private Practice and I'm sure more. Didn't expect the end though. I guess it's time for character development for Tara then? Wow, that's pretty quick!

It wasn't a bad episode but it wasn't real good either. Next week's is looking iffy also. I love E/C but I'm getting really bored with only seeing those two working most of the show. :shifty:

10. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Agreed, the ending was stupid. Kyle has to have dropped out. They made it pretty clear that he was working there full time.

As for H buying the apartment, I was more under the impression that he leased it for Kyle, and that Kyle will be paying the bills for it.

Still, the storyline didn't make sense the more I think on it. In the beginning Kyle get's pulled over for reckless driving and later he screws up in the lab, yet he's responsible enough to live on his own? Explain to me how that makes sense on any planet. Yes, Horatio is wickedly awesome for getting him the apartment, but it wasn't the most responsible thing on his part.

EDIT: After watching parts of it again, I've come to a realization. TPTB are trying to set Kyle up as his own character, a "member of the team" in a way. By giving him a job and a place of his own, it makes Horatio less important to him. He suddenly isn't Horatio's kid--he's an adult who works in the ME's office. I don't know how I feel about that yet.

Also, Evan Ellingson's face is starting to fill out. He doesn't really look 17 anymore. ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

In "Resurrection" she said to Ron that she had plenty of money and he didn't need to sell those weapons to get any and he said he wanted some of his own. But surely she wouldn't still be able to have a nice car (kyle either) if she was broke. She'd almost have to sell the car to get money. I think maybe this is another case of lack of continuity. :lol:

When he was at the scene with Calleigh and she asked him about Tara... then he said something about checking on some evidence and he winked at her before he left. :lol:

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I was not expecting that Tara was the one who stole the drugs... and what was with Kyle getting his own place? The episode starts off with him speeding to get his mother to an interview and by the end he has his own place? And it looked nice too.

Again with an airplane? Vegas did it with the guy being trampled by the mob of passengers who were afraid he was going to bring down the plane and it was done on NY earlier this season with the escapee wanting to hijack the plane to Canada and the flight attendant (who was in working with him) killed him.

13. anamarya

anamarya Witness

thanks for that.... part of us didn't got to see the episode yet so we take gladly everything that we can get...

for what you guys posted already seems that it was a good episode all in all. Tara's story seems interesting

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I liked that the writers tried to give each character an equal amount of screentime. Though I have to say the episode was predictable in regards to who killed Roger/Trent.

The thing I didn't see coming was the ending with Tara. I was convinced it was Julia, it would make sense considering her behavior of late but it wasn't. It was Tara. I am interested to see where this is going.

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^Um, I didn't see an equal amount of screen time..... It was mostly Calleigh and Eric doing everything.