Episode 7x17 - 'Divorce Party' *** CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 7, 2009.

1. KylesAngel

KylesAngel Victim

Tara is a druggy? When I saw her take the medication out of the draw I was shocked and angry. Horatio thought it would be wise to take Kyle from Julia because of the missing drugs and now Tara knew where they were all along and she was the one that stole them. I was shocked, but then I was like this will be an amazing story-line if handled well.
    Kyle getting his own place was a little too out there. The kid is only 17, if Horatio wanted him from Julia then he should have had Kyle go stay at his house.
    Julia annoyed me a little... She lied to Horatio about telling Kyle to slow down......
    Also I did not see that girl be pregnant, that was a huge twist to the story-line.... over all the eppy was okay....

2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

You're not alone. I thought that for most of the episode he was a bit distant. Less distant than Super!H but more distant than S1-3 H. The ending scene (even if I didn't like the storyline) was cute. When H said, "...comes with responsibility, right?" and Kyle sort of was like "whatever" then Horatio was like, "Right?" but he was smiling. That was cute.

I didn't get it either. Obviously they were mad, but why kill him? They said "to protect the baby" or something. But what was the father going to do? Kill it? I didn't get that.

Okay, I actually talked to my teacher who watches the show and used to teach in the city (I live out in the country.) He said it was pretty common for kids to either graduate early or drop out and be living on their own by 16-17. So, maybe it's not that weird. And I agree, Horatio is going to look out for him. I mean, they do work together now.

All right, I like Tara, but I laughed. The board seemed to barely hit her yet she was just about crying. :lol:

3. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

ok I saw the episode again and I really think about Tara's face-I think she knew about Julia's bipolar meds in that episode where the neighbor got mowed down in Julia's driveway...Tara might be setting this up so H would get custody of Kyle or anyway Kyle away from Julia no matter what...who knows Tara's childhood issues? I don't think the drugs are for her-I really think she framed Julia so Kyle would be free of a nutcase mom...I don't think H knows though but will probably find out...why isn't there a camera in autopsy again???hmmm...

4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

The epi was boring, they only thing that took my interest was Tara & the drug thing.. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, the whole epi I thought "great Julia is gonna screw this whole thing up for Kyle." Hopefully Tara is a good guy.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~ The board thing made me laugh because it looked like it barely hit her and she's all "It hurts like hell!"
    ~ :lol: Frank being called "Honey"
    ~ Julia needs to go away.
    ~ Yay Travers!
    ~ Does anyone else think that the new lab tech guy kinda looked like he was in a prison outfit?
    ~ Tara. I want to know what the heck the drugs are about.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yes! That's what I said when hubby and I were watching the episode. I said, "Looks like that guy just got out of prison." :lol:

7. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I like new lab tech guy, he look exactly like one my teacher in university,he teaches WEB-design to us. He looks wild but he know everything about computers. I also like how Ryan talk with him, looks like they can be best friends (IMO, Ryan needs friend on job, guy friend, not just Nat and Calleigh :))

I like Kyle and how Horatio teachs him :)

Frank, honey, i like your jokes :lol:

Why so small screentime for Ryan? :( :( :(

I give this ep 5 from 10.

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

They like to torture us I think. :scream:

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Orla, this is probably a really stupid question, but do you watch the episodes in English somehow over there in Russia? Or do you watch them on the internet? Does it take a while before the voice-overs air?

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Yeah, i watch them on English and many things i don't understand, but in few days we have Russian subtitles :) And then i understand everything :D

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Voice-overs would suck! I love Ryan's voice, it's so sexy! Ack, Hollyyo now you gotta bring this topic to the Ryan thread! :p

12. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I thought the case was interesting... I was holding my breath the entire time for E/C, but, eh. Whatver. Clearly they will make us wait two weeks for E/C.
    Tara is really growing on me, though I was both shocked and confused by the ending.
    Did anyone find Calliegh a little weird in the beginning? She was talking really funny... Especially when she called Tara 'Babe'. It did not strike my fancy.
    And I was very mad about the whole No E/C thing.
    *Goes to look up next week's promo*

13. douk

douk Victim

this episode was ok, it was basically bout solving the crime excepte the H, kyle julia storyline..

I think Tara stole the medication do ease the pain from being hit by that board.. when Caleigh asks Ryan how is Tara he says she fine but she aggravated an ols shoulder injury.. So my guess Tara stole the med for the shoulder pain cos she didnt want to get it on her file if she went to a doctor and blamed it on Julia..

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

This was an OK episode for me. Not the best but definitely not the worst.

-The interrogation scene with Frank and the dude calling him honey :lol:.

-Eric's suit.... nice to see him in something different and more professional.

-Too much Travers. I don't know why but he bugs me. I would have rather had Natalia or Valera processing the evidence.

- Liked the computer stuff. Interesting how they can create a complete picture out of a bunch of different ones.

-The ending with Tara. :wtf: Why? Is this character development for her or a way to get rid of her?

-Eric pulling Cal's chair out and in for her :).

-H giving Kyle a condo? :confused: Um.. how about having him move in and be a father for a while first. The kid needs some stability not freedom. Just thought that it was weird.

15. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Yeah, the Tara stealing the Oxycodon was reaaaally weird! I was like; whaaaat's going on?!
    As for Calleigh, I completely agree! I think the 'babe' comment sounded very forced on Emily's part and it just didn't flow right. It sounded awkward and unnatural!

I thought the episode was a bit...familiar. I don't know but I've definitely seen that SL somewhere else, or read about it in a book maybe. Either way, I was kinda disappointed with this episode. :/
    And Ryan, wearing jeans? Kinda unprofessional, no?
    I'd have to say, I'd give this episode a 5 out of 10.