"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I know Nick was crying for Haley but could he have also been crying for Warrick?

"She didn't have to die"

I'm sure Nick felt the same about Warrick too. He was the last to see him before he was shot. I'm sure he feels responsible (even if he isn't) and the feelings for both deaths could be intertwined. Just a thought.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I actually thought the same thing when I was watching that ep. I think in that moment all his emotions of the girl dying caused all his pent up emotions he has been holding in since Warrick's death to come out.

3. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

This episode is going down as possibly my favorite one ever. It was that good.

Things I liked:

• The birthday cake at the beginning. Loved the star on it for Texas. :)
    • The time warp sequences used to tell the stories of the previous murders.
    • Greg offering to go up into the crawl space since it was Nick's birthday and saying he would take back the gift card. :lol:
    • Riley stuttering embarrassed trying say "crime lab" with a naked dude in front of her. :guffaw:
    • Taylor Swift. I think she did absolutely amazingly well. For someone who hasn't really had any previous experience at this, she did really really well. Haley really was a very tragic character, who as Taylor said in an interview, "was a victim of circumstance".
    • Nick creating a college fund for Warrick's son. I was happy to see that Nick hasn't forgotten his best friend and is thinking of the future for his son. SuperDave giving something towards it was awesome. :)
    • Grissom calling Nick to say 'Happy Birthday'. That was a really nice touch. It was nice to hear Grissom's voice again.
    • The scene between Ray and Nick at the end. I thought it was very well done. I liked how Ray shared the story of surfing the net for the really bad reviews for the movies he liked.
    This episode really didn't disappoint at all. It kept me interested through the whole thing. And the fact that it kept me guessing up until the end is a good thing.

The step-mother killing Haley in the end out of anger for something that was really no fault of Haley's at all, was so sad and heartbreaking.

I give this episode an A+. :)

4. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yup, I totally agree. :thumbsup: This is why the tears at the end were so emotional and poignant.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I haven't read through all the posts so forgive me if this has been pointed out already.

When Grissom called Nick he said something about him just finishing an experiment about someone getting there head knocked off with a tire. So it would have been right around the time of A La Cart - a case Grissom, Nick & Greg just wrapped up at the beginning of season 8. Did anyone else notice?

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just releasing from the tack, please feel free to continue the discussion. :D

7. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Yeah, it was mentioned earlier (it's on the 9th page) and as some people noticed, they totally forgot about the chronology :lol: IMO it was definitely a reference to A La Cart but they could have paid more attention to getting the date on the phone right :lol:

What also interests me is when exactly Nick started that college fund? It was mentioned in that part with 117 days ago so if I'm counting correctly it would be around November and Warrick died in May? Because IMO Nick and SuperDave were behaving like it happened very recently but it may be just my impression.

Anyway, I really enjoyed that episode, how it showed that seemingly random events can be intertwined and the acting was fabulous :)

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

just watched the ep for the first time, and it was great! i'm giving it a 10/10. :) one of the best eps of the season, right after the duo of 19 Down + One To Go, and For Warrick.

ETA:
    btw, didn't Grissom say that he was in court for the headless corpse case? it could take a few weeks to get the case to the courtroom after it's wrapped, so i wouldn't necessarily say it was immediately after A LA Cart, but from a couple of weeks to a few months later.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I thought the special effects were going to get over the top, but I actually enjoyed them because it was something CSI really hadn't done before. The music was great too, and for some reason, it reminded me a little bit of The X-Files.

The episode kept me intrigued the whole time. Taylor Swift was great IMO. I watched it a second time, and it only gets better because you realize things you didn't notice the first time. Awesome episode, which I believe is one of my favorites right up there with "For Warrick", "Grave Danger", and "Fannysmackin'". Wonderfully done.

10. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

Hooray for the Nick-a-sode!:beer:
    And the neither me nor Mr. Cranky saw the ending coming.
    Riley's been around 117 days? Ok why not.
    I'm having a hard time with Grissom using the word 'pal' in interaction with a person but I'll live.
    Nicky cried! Woohoo and awww.

Oh and writers, stop telling us about Greg's super awsome evil science fairs and show.:)

Good ep.

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have finish the episode last Saturday night. I really love this episode and it's the best Nick's episode that we have in a long time since Gum Drops.

I like it when Greg told Nick, "I'm keeping the gift card." Greg don't like to crawl in the attic and Nick can't do it because of his back or Greg open his mouth so Nick made him crawl up to the attic.

I like it when Ray is there for Nick, because Ray don't leave Nick when he is in pain. Grissom will leave him alone in the locker room, because Grissom don't know how to talk to people who are in emotion. I'm glad Grissom called him to said, Happy Birthday, pal.

I give this episode 5 stars.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think there's anything wrong with Nick's back. It's George who has back probs. Greg offered to go in the crawlspace for Nick because it was Nick's bday. :) It's funny though cause I kept thinking if that was Nick and Warrick, they would have flipped a coin for it. :lol:

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought this was a great episode. I love the quieter, more introspective turn the series has taken this season, getting back to the science and the cases, themselves, but also the CSIs' personal reactions to those cases. That, for me, is what always set "CSI" (the mothership) apart from all the rest (and that includes the spin-offs).

Then things turned all superficial and voyeuristic in Season 5, with a sort of "Can you top this?" vibe, and the series seems to have been trying to find its way ever since. IMO, this season has had some of the best episodes, both in terms of writing and acting, since my favorites from Season 4. Bravo!

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

GregNickRyanfan- I don't remember Greg offered to go to the crawlspace. If he did and why would he said, "I'm keeping the gift card."

I agree with you about Nick and Warrick will flip a coin who would go the crawlspace.

I know about George's back. They could write in it for Nick to cry like George still in pain or agony or something.

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah Nick said something like, "There is something big in there, and it's dead. One of us has to go in there and get it."

Then Greg said, "Hey, I'll do it. It's your birthday." Something like that.